PDA

View Full Version : Alf

jeffers
06-11-2023, 03:42 PM
Not seen this posted elsewhere so apologies if I have missed it but he’s out until after Xmas. Big loss imo, I think he’s been excellent for us.

SteveHFC
06-11-2023, 03:45 PM
Bad news for us.

greenlex
06-11-2023, 03:45 PM
Not seen this posted elsewhere so apologies if I have missed it but he’s out until after Xmas. Big loss imo, I think he’s been excellent for us.

That’s some illness.

Bridge hibs
06-11-2023, 03:48 PM

Whats up with him ?

jeffers
06-11-2023, 03:49 PM
Whats up with him ?

Don’t know, I assumed it was an injury, I was disappointed at the news but didn’t ask what was up.

B.H.F.C
06-11-2023, 03:53 PM
Plus Boyle will probably be out for a spell. Squad is ridiculously thin.

Mikey_1875
06-11-2023, 04:06 PM
That’s a lot of pressure on an already thin forward line. I’m not even that keen on Boyle up top and he might not even be available. It will be sink or swim for Tavares and some of the youth breaking through as they will need to play.

Bridge hibs
06-11-2023, 04:07 PM
Don’t know, I assumed it was an injury, I was disappointed at the news but didn’t ask what was up.

With Doidge only returning after being out too, hope to **** Vente stays fit 🫣

wookie70
06-11-2023, 04:09 PM
I thought Jeggo and ALF were out with illness

weecounty hibby
06-11-2023, 04:10 PM
Nightmare. I think he could have been a game changer for us on Saturday. Very clever player

HoboHarry
06-11-2023, 04:12 PM
Is there a link for this? I'm not seeing this anywhere.

JammyDoidger
06-11-2023, 04:14 PM
We should go back in for big Kucharevich In January, he's not even making Swansea squads atm.

hibee_girl
06-11-2023, 04:21 PM
I saw him limping in our communal garage last week, wasn’t surprised when he wasn’t in the squad for Saturday.

Bridge hibs
06-11-2023, 04:24 PM
I saw him limping in our communal garage last week, wasn’t surprised when he wasn’t in the squad for Saturday.

Was he parking his ALFa romeo ?

Yeah ***** I know 🫣

MWHIBBIES
06-11-2023, 04:25 PM
Plus Boyle will probably be out for a spell. Squad is ridiculously thin.

Is the squad thin?

Johnson wanted to play 433 right? Or a variation of it.

We have

3 goal keepers
2 right backs
4 centre backs
2 left backs

5 centre mids - JDH, Newell, Campbell, Jeggo, Levitt
1 right winger (Boyle)
2 left wingers
3 strikers

So we have depth in every position other than Boyles. This isn't including young guys like Delfierre.

Its really unreasonable for Hibs to account for ALF, Doidge, JDH, Cadden and Harbottle all being out IMO. We cant have 3/4 players for every position. Its just quality we lack IMO

Bridge hibs
06-11-2023, 04:27 PM
Whats up with Harbottle ?

Mick O'Rourke
06-11-2023, 04:35 PM
Was he parking his ALFa romeo ?

Yeah ***** I know 🫣

And us older music lovers could imagine ALF playing this classic on his romeo's music system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NPAz8-O29U

Haste ye back, ALF :greengrin

jeffers
06-11-2023, 04:39 PM
It’s a leg injury apparently. Ties in with him being seen limping by hibee_girl.

Billy Whizz
06-11-2023, 04:42 PM
It’s a leg injury apparently. Ties in with him being seen limping by hibee_girl.

Wonder if happened on the training ground, didn’t see him get injured against Ross County

He's here!
06-11-2023, 04:43 PM
Is the squad thin?

We have

3 goal keepers
2 right backs
4 centre backs
2 left backs

1 right winger (Boyle)
2 left wingers
3 strikers

So we have depth in every position other than Boyles. This isn't including young guys like Delfierre.

Its really unreasonable for Hibs to account for ALF, Doidge, JDH, Cadden and Harbottle all being out IMO. We cant have 3/4 players for every position. Its just quality we lack IMO

Yep, no shortage of players. It's just that most of them are bang average.

B.H.F.C
06-11-2023, 04:43 PM
Is the squad thin?

We have

3 goal keepers
2 right backs
4 centre backs
2 left backs

1 right winger (Boyle)
2 left wingers
3 strikers

He played every shape going at the start of the season taking punts to try and land on something that worked. He didn’t have a plan to me.

Maybe the feeling that the squad is thin is more reflective of the quality to some extent. But remember he also wanted Doidge out the door, we knew Cadden was out until new year at least and JDH is about as reliable as Magennis fitness wise. Not sure Harbottle is out either, just not in favour. He’s played in the Sunderland bounce match a couple of weeks back.

Stubbsy90+2
06-11-2023, 04:51 PM
If that’s the case then 4-4-2 may be in the bin more by necessity rather than design. ALF and Boyle have both formed part of the 2 under NM and he’s fast running out of guys to play up there.

The Modfather
06-11-2023, 04:58 PM
Is the squad thin?

We have

3 goal keepers
2 right backs
4 centre backs
2 left backs

1 right winger (Boyle)
2 left wingers
3 strikers

We have quantity over quality.

Hope we play the youngsters rather than try and shoehorn players like Campbell into positions they can’t play.

Smartie
06-11-2023, 05:13 PM
We could be in big trouble.

Our strong selection of forwards has papered over a few cracks. If that were to be 2 of them to be out for a bit then those cracks might be laid bare for all to see.

Hibee Mac
06-11-2023, 05:32 PM
Not an issue if we play 433, only an issue if we continue persisting with 442 in the short term.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
06-11-2023, 06:16 PM
One of my friends does work with Gullane Golf Club and said ALF and Harbottle took advantage of a winter green fee offer last Wednesday, so any illness or injury must have been later that week.

hibee_girl
06-11-2023, 06:30 PM
One of my friends does work with Gullane Golf Club and said ALF and Harbottle took advantage of a winter green fee offer last Wednesday, so any illness or injury must have been later that week.

It was Wednesday evening I saw them in the garage, they were emptying their golf clubs out the car.

He was defo limping then so maybe it was a golf course injury 😬

hibeejeebies
06-11-2023, 06:33 PM

Been wondering this myself.

greenlex
06-11-2023, 06:39 PM
His grips a wee bit strong. He’s prone to pulling his irons and the odd duck hook with his driver. It’s not a huge problem but if he doesn’t neutralise it he really needs to work on keeping his bottom half quieter and keeping that plane correct and keep the swing path inside to out.

Northernhibee
06-11-2023, 07:14 PM
We have quantity over quality.

Hope we play the youngsters rather than try and shoehorn players like Campbell into positions they can’t play.

The issue we have is that we have neither quality or quantity, and we’ve spent a chunk of cash in obtaining that.

GreenCastle
06-11-2023, 07:47 PM
Nightmare. I think he could have been a game changer for us on Saturday. Very clever player

Yeah said that after game - it was a perfect game for him to score / set someone up.

Very frustrating.

Bridge hibs
06-11-2023, 08:08 PM
His grips a wee bit strong. He’s prone to pulling his irons and the odd duck hook with his driver. It’s not a huge problem but if he doesn’t neutralise it he really needs to work on keeping his bottom half quieter and keeping that plane correct and keep the swing path inside to out.

I got lost at “his” golfy speak I cant get, easier to understand the morse code 😀

greenlex
06-11-2023, 11:19 PM
I got lost at “his” golfy speak I cant get, easier to understand the morse code 😀

😂😂

SteveHFC
07-11-2023, 02:14 PM
Hibs conforming ALF is out for a period of time. Jeggo and Boyle will be fine for tomorrow.

J-C
07-11-2023, 02:17 PM
Hibs conforming ALF is out for a period of time. Jeggo and Boyle will be fine for tomorrow.

Boyle must've been precautionary, he walked off ok with no limp.

HoboHarry
07-11-2023, 02:28 PM
I asked yesterday where this illness story was coming from and I've yet to see a reply. Is all of this another .net FACT?

Edit - just seen Hibs have confirmed it

nonshinyfinish
07-11-2023, 02:29 PM
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/injury-update-jeggo-le-fondre-martin-boyle

Jeggo was ill but is ok now. Boyle felt a twinge and was taken off as a precaution, available tomorrow. ALF has had a scan, "he could be out for a couple of weeks, or it could be longer term."

chrisski33
07-11-2023, 02:33 PM
Did Alf not talk about having leukemia when he was younger in a recent article?

Diclonius
07-11-2023, 02:33 PM
Good to hear Jeggo and Boyle are back in contention, hope Le Fondre recovers soon.

ancient hibee
07-11-2023, 03:27 PM
Did Alf not talk about having leukemia when he was younger in a recent article?

Jeggo I think.

Billy Whizz
07-11-2023, 03:41 PM
Boyle is still a worry for me, and he’s due to fly to Melbourne after Saturdays game, and then to Kuwait to play Palestine

No mention of Vente in the article, so he must be fine

JimBHibees
08-11-2023, 06:05 AM
Jeggo I think.

Definitely Jeggo was in the magazine which was posted out. Was actually a very good read and amazing what he has done with his career after that. Thought the magazine as a whole was very good.

JimBHibees
08-11-2023, 06:06 AM
Boyle is still a worry for me, and he’s due to fly to Melbourne after Saturdays game, and then to Kuwait to play Palestine

No mention of Vente in the article, so he must be fine

Hopefully can come to an agreement withOz.

McGruber
08-11-2023, 06:29 AM

Good news but would certainly be resting Boyle anyway.
Got Jair now as a viable wide option with Youan, Vente and Doidge as options up top.

With Jeggo back and hard away game with St Mirren strong in middle of park and Levitt playing well, we could do ourselves a favour and play 3 central.... but we (and Steven Robinson) know we won't be doing that

DinkyTwo
08-11-2023, 07:14 AM
A real shame. He's a great option to bring off the bench and a really clever player.

We'll miss him big time

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk