PDA

View Full Version : Still Gutted.

Broxburn Greens
05-11-2023, 02:33 PM
Can’t believe how gutted I still am about yesterday, I’d think I’d be used to it but obviously not.

Now in my middle 40’s since Skol cup final in 85/86 (against Aberdeen [emoji849]) I haven’t missed a semi or final (with the obvious exception of those in the Covid period) and without working it out our win rate can’t be more than 25% and that’s just horrific for a club of our size.

What is it with us and these games? I just can’t get my head round how we always seem to fail on these occasions.

Last night was especially bad as I genuinely thought we could win the league cup this year and for me we were by far the better team and (as we’ve seen many times before) we found a way to lose.

Also gutted for my youngest daughter last night on her visit to Hampden she was in tears when Boyle put the ball in the net. She’s just a proper wee hibee in the making who has got it since her first ever game and I really felt for her.

Anyway I’d still sooner lose as a Hibs fan than win as a fan of any other club. It’s just be nice to win at these games a little more often than we do.

Moan over [emoji16][emoji1184][emoji1184]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marinello59
05-11-2023, 03:16 PM
Can’t believe how gutted I still am about yesterday, I’d think I’d be used to it but obviously not.

Now in my middle 40’s since Skol cup final in 85/86 (against Aberdeen [emoji849]) I haven’t missed a semi or final (with the obvious exception of those in the Covid period) and without working it out our win rate can’t be more than 25% and that’s just horrific for a club of our size.

What is it with us and these games? I just can’t get my head round how we always seem to fail on these occasions.

Last night was especially bad as I genuinely thought we could win the league cup this year and for me we were by far the better team and (as we’ve seen many times before) we found a way to lose.

Also gutted for my youngest daughter last night on her visit to Hampden she was in tears when Boyle put the ball in the net. She’s just a proper wee hibee in the making who has got it since her first ever game and I really felt for her.

Anyway I’d still sooner lose as a Hibs fan than win as a fan of any other club. It’s just be nice to win at these games a little more often than we do.

Moan over [emoji16][emoji1184][emoji1184]

I couldn't agree more.

B.H.F.C
05-11-2023, 03:26 PM
Last night was a sore one that’ll take a while to get over. We need to start winning some games and push up the league. There’s still so much to play for this season with it being so early.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-11-2023, 03:50 PM
Last night was a sore one that’ll take a while to get over. We need to start winning some games and push up the league. There’s still so much to play for this season with it being so early.

Not too much to look forward to in the near future unfortunately.

Ronniekirk
05-11-2023, 03:51 PM
Was still gutted this morning but the Hearts result has cheered me no end lol

Crab apple
05-11-2023, 04:06 PM
What annoys me most along with the stonewaller penalty being denied is that I think we could have beaten the currants in the final. We've got an excellent record against them at Hampden

Cheshire Hibee
05-11-2023, 04:12 PM

Maybe time too taunt them by singing
You’ve no won the wee cup in 63 years
Then add a year every year they don’t win it [emoji1787][emoji1787]

MKHIBEE
05-11-2023, 05:13 PM
I spent the afternoon with my daughter and grandkids, that was a great antidote to yesterday. Heart’s result was welcome.

Musselbound
05-11-2023, 05:29 PM
Re our poor win rate at Hampden. The fact that we are often playing against the top teams partially explains it. But it's the ones we've lost against the likes of St Johnstone, Ross Co or Livy and a poor record against Hearts or Aberdeen that's particularly disappointing.

Craig_in_Prague
05-11-2023, 06:18 PM
Back home safe in Prague and although gutted with the result, my son I believe enjoyed the trip and the day yesterday, he got plenty nice pictures of ER from the lounges at Easter Road earlier in the day and he very much enjoyed Hampden too.

As much as it hurts, we'll be back again for the next chance we get, its just a game after all

💚🇳🇬

A Hi-Bee
05-11-2023, 07:07 PM
Was gutted as well until reading about the poor Hibs man who passed away after the game (RIP), it is just a game of football, with any luck they will be back to the national dump soon enough.

Broxburn Greens
06-11-2023, 08:20 AM

To be fair it cheered me up no end as well, actually cheered The Rangers second goal (slightly ashamed to say) as I knew it meant Hearts were going out and it would be 60 years and counting [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Pretty Boy
06-11-2023, 08:36 AM
It is what it is. We must all be used to it by now. Since 2016 we have had some golden opportunities to add more silverware to the cabinet and have fallen short every time. A final against Celtic fair enough but semi finals against St Johnstone, a poor Championship Hearts side and a poor Aberdeen side are veering into no excuses territory. Yet every time it has been 'we were the better side/had good chances/dominated possession' etc etc. I'd kill to be ****ing terrible and win a la v Dundee Utd in 2016.

I had a good day out, I was gutted on Saturday night but it's done. We'll get another chance to welcome that familiar empty feeling back into our lives soon enough so there is little point in dwelling on the last one.

Feed McGraw
06-11-2023, 08:45 AM
It is what it is. We must all be used to it by now. Since 2016 we have had some golden opportunities to add more silverware to the cabinet and have fallen short every time. A final against Celtic fair enough but semi finals against St Johnstone, a poor Championship Hearts side and a poor Aberdeen side are veering into no excuses territory. Yet every time it has been 'we were the better side/had good chances/dominated possession' etc etc. I'd kill to be ****ing terrible and win a la v Dundee Utd in 2016.

I had a good day out, I was gutted on Saturday night but it's done. We'll get another chance to welcome that familiar empty feeling back into our lives soon enough so there is little point in dwelling on the last one.You seem to have forgot the worst of all PB - the Scottish cup final v. St. Johnstone.

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2023, 12:05 PM
You seem to have forgot the worst of all PB - the Scottish cup final v. St. Johnstone.

Of course, but I'm sure we learnt from that.:)