PDA

View Full Version : How do we pick ourselves up for the next 2 games?

LewysGot2
05-11-2023, 09:29 AM
Two very important games in the next 6 days. No time to lick our wounds or feel sorry for ourselves.

What should he do to get something at Paisley?

Even more importantly, what do we do to make sure we win, by whatever means necessary, next Saturday?

He's here!
05-11-2023, 09:54 AM
Hard to imagine anything other than a defeat at Paisley, especailly in the light of the morale-sappping semi defeat. It'll be tough v Killie too, when I reckon a draw will probably be the best we can hope for.

Suspect we're in for a worrying pre-Christmas slide where we'll find ourselves very much among the relegation contenders.

We just don't have a good enough team to expect much more. That's the unfortunate truth. Monty has a massive challenge on his hands to get the January transfer window right or we're looking at another manager who couldn't get a tune out of Hibs.

Trinity Hibee
05-11-2023, 10:06 AM
Hard to imagine anything other than a defeat at Paisley, especailly in the light of the morale-sappping semi defeat. It'll be tough v Killie too, when I reckon a draw will probably be the best we can hope for.

Suspect we're in for a worrying pre-Christmas slide where we'll find ourselves very much among the relegation contenders.

We just don't have a good enough team to expect much more. That's the unfortunate truth. Monty has a massive challenge on his hands to get the January transfer window right or we're looking at another manager who couldn't get a tune out of Hibs.

Agree with all of this. Sad we have got ourselves in this position with repeated mistakes with recruitment and managerial appointments.

B.H.F.C
05-11-2023, 10:14 AM

I don’t think we have a particularly good team but I expect more than 1 point from these two games. It’s time these players got the finger out and took some responsibility. You’re determination for us to be in a relegation battle may come true at some point of course.

He's here!
05-11-2023, 10:14 AM
Agree with all of this. Sad we have got ourselves in this position with repeated mistakes with recruitment and managerial appointments.

I like Monty and he's made a big commitment to move from a job he could have probably held down for many more years and ensured stability for his family to come to a club on the other side of the world a club where the turnover of managers has been high.

He clearly feels he has the ability to turn things around but on current evidence I hope he hasn't made any moves yet to put family roots down in Edinburgh.

He's here!
05-11-2023, 10:22 AM
I don’t think we have a particularly good team but I expect more than 1 point from these two games. It’s time these players got the finger out and took some responsibility. You’re determination for us to be in a relegation battle may come true at some point of course.

It's not determination, just realism. I don't think this group of players has it in them to get the finger out, at least not with the consistency required to deliver anything more than mediocrity.

I remember Stubbs' side undeservedly losing the League Cup final and having to head up for a very tough midweek Scottish Cup replay at Inverness, a game you'd have fancied many a Hibs side to lose. The fact they won it was the mark of a side with the character to dig deep and bounce back. I'll be delighted if the current bunch show similar resolve at Paisley but I don't expect them to. What are you basing your expectations of more than one point from the next six on?

Nicho87
05-11-2023, 10:30 AM
Try a different formation. Cause we’re clearly not good enough to dictate any game in how we want to. We need to play the opponent.

It’s bordering ridiculous that he refuses to change

Hibees1973
Think some on here need a bit of reality.

After yesterday, there is likely to be even more players injured. Our bench was very weak. The squad is not deep which is purely down to poor recruitment prior to McDermott coming in.

It's likely we will get beat on Wednesday at St Mirren. We may even struggle to beat Kilmarnock on Saturday.

Some Hibs supporters need to grasp the fact that even with the money we have spent our squad is no better that St Mirren, Kilmarnock or Motherwell. Look at our league position.

Yes, we may have one or two individual players better than other clubs, but taken as a collective we have shown so far this season we are, at best, a mid table side.

I'm with Montgomery, but he needs time to ship players out and get better players in.

B.H.F.C
It's not determination, just realism. I don't think this group of players has it in them to get the finger out, at least not with the consistency required to deliver anything more than mediocrity.

I remember Stubbs' side undeservedly losing the League Cup final and having to head up for a very tough midweek Scottish Cup replay at Inverness, a game you'd have fancied many a Hibs side to lose. The fact they won it was the mark of a side with the character to dig deep and bounce back. I'll be delighted if the current bunch show similar resolve at Paisley but I don't expect them to. What are you basing your expectations of more than one point from the next six on?

It’s no realism. You routinely come out with it and we’re, routinely, no close to being in relegation trouble.

As for my expectations, it’s only a few weeks since we played St Mirren and scored 4 goals against them. Our recent record is good against them. And I will always back Hibs to beat Kilmarnock at Easter Road. Again, I think we've done that more often than not in recent times .

He's here!
05-11-2023, 10:37 AM
It’s no realism. You routinely come out with it and we’re, routinely, no close to being in relegation trouble.

As for my expectations, it’s only a few weeks since we played St Mirren and scored 4 goals against them. Our recent record is good against them. And I will always back Hibs to beat Kilmarnock at Easter Road. Again, I think we've done that more often than not in recent times .

Hope you're right.

Mikey_1875
05-11-2023, 10:39 AM
Hoping Jeggo and ALF are back. The bench made grim reading yesterday and taking Boyle out of the equation will only give us less options.

Assuming they are back then I feel like we need to get Jeggo, Levitt and Newell in the same team together. I think all three are playing well enough to be a starter in this team but I’m not sure how they will fit into this system.

Outside of that there probably isn’t too much that can be altered between now and Wednesday. There have been good periods of build up play in games, the problem is turning them into good chances and then being clinical with them. I’d like to see us playing with more tempo as well.

I agree with Saturday being more important to get a result in. As long as it isn’t a shocking performance we can probably take a difficult midweek away game on the chin. We need to win the home games against teams we should be beating as a minimum though.

Lago
05-11-2023, 11:51 AM
Hope you're right.
Hope your wrong

Tambo
05-11-2023, 07:09 PM
Anything less than 4 points would be looked at as a failure for Monty. Will be up for the Kilmarnock game so hopefully a decent result vs St Mirren.

I think Marshall will start and like a few have said hopefully we have Jeggo and ALF back.

I know Monty probably won't be changing the 4-4-2 but I would like to see a 4-3-3 or even a 3-5-2. If it means someone misses out for the team then so be it.

A Hi-Bee
05-11-2023, 07:11 PM
Same as we do any other time we have been beat, we work hard, go again and try and do better next time.
GGTTH

MWHIBBIES
05-11-2023, 07:16 PM

A draw Vs Kilmarnock at home will never be the best we can hope for. 4 points from these 2 should be the aim.

We played Aberdeen off the park. We can do the same with st Mirren and bloody Kilmarnock.

Glory Lurker
05-11-2023, 07:21 PM
We need to shoot from the edge of the box.

Malthibby
05-11-2023, 07:22 PM
On 17 points by 5 o'clock next Saturday & we will all be feeling better.
GG

Jones28
05-11-2023, 07:23 PM
**** knows tbh, all I know is we need 3 points on Wednesday.

I like the manager and think he’s the right man, but we need points and wins.

He's here!
05-11-2023, 07:34 PM
A draw Vs Kilmarnock at home will never be the best we can hope for. 4 points from these 2 should be the aim.

We played Aberdeen off the park. We can do the same with st Mirren and bloody Kilmarnock.

I agree 4 points SHOULD be the aim but I won't be shocked if we're still on 11 points after these games. St Mirren are 3rd, Killie 4th and McInnes in particular is a canny operator.

If we'd played Aberdeen off the park we'd have won. We were the better side for the majority of the game but we weren't exactly passing up clear-cut chance after clear-cut chance. and it was a pretty turgid spectacle for the most part. That's fine for a semi, when winning is all that counts and it was the sheep who found a way to do that. We should have had a pen tho.

MKHIBEE
05-11-2023, 07:38 PM
That would be something different

JimBHibees
05-11-2023, 07:46 PM

Hope you are not doing the team talk :greengrin

Two very tough games minimum 4 points required.

stantonhibby
05-11-2023, 07:47 PM
That would be something different

Like Youan vs Ross Co?

Trinity Hibee
05-11-2023, 07:48 PM
On 17 points by 5 o'clock next Saturday & we will all be feeling better.
GG

It’s going to take that to start to bring many of us back round. I have my doubts particularly midweek.

bingo70
05-11-2023, 07:55 PM
We should boo the team off the park and tell them all on social media how ***** they are.

Failing that, news of a multi million pound investment from an American Billionaire should lift the spirits a bit.

lyonhibs
05-11-2023, 08:06 PM
Strap on a pair, put the jersey on and put in an absolute shift. Some of the rancid defeatism on here astounds me.

Wheat Hound
05-11-2023, 08:13 PM
After the 2016 LC sucker punch Vs Ross County our then team showed character and guts 3 days later to travel up to Inverness and win.

We dont have the same strong characters as we had then.....but the current team need to show some fight and pride and get us some points asap!

Musselbound
05-11-2023, 08:17 PM
Agree with those that say we should be aiming for at least 4 points from these 2 games. Certainly any less than 3 could leave us in a really lowly league position that can be difficult to get out of. But win on Wednesday and things would already be looking a lot better. Can't say I'm expecting that though on our recent form.

coldingham hibs
05-11-2023, 08:17 PM

Shooting on target might also help, also playing a centre forward as a centre forward.

cabbageandribs1875
05-11-2023, 08:19 PM
A st mirren- Draw
H- Killie- Win
A- Dundee- Win

seven points in the bag :agree:

may even be 9 points :)

Donegal Hibby
05-11-2023, 08:28 PM
St mirren away is a hard game not just for us but for anyone especially when you look at the run they went on at home last season though it's one we are also capable of getting a draw or even winning too .

Killie at ER I expect to win and think we will .

Going to stay positive and predict a positive reaction from the team with us picking up :6: points 🤞

Glory Lurker
05-11-2023, 08:32 PM
Like Youan vs Ross Co?

Need to do it more. Definitely should have been trying it yesterday. Most of our forward moves were so slow that Aberdeen had time to pack the box, but we still tried to walk it in or hope a cross would find a head then space.

MWHIBBIES
06-11-2023, 08:45 AM
I agree 4 points SHOULD be the aim but I won't be shocked if we're still on 11 points after these games. St Mirren are 3rd, Killie 4th and McInnes in particular is a canny operator.

If we'd played Aberdeen off the park we'd have won. We were the better side for the majority of the game but we weren't exactly passing up clear-cut chance after clear-cut chance. and it was a pretty turgid spectacle for the most part. That's fine for a semi, when winning is all that counts and it was the sheep who found a way to do that. We should have had a pen tho.

Yes, a stonewall pen that totally changes the game. Huge impact from the ref. If he'd given it to us, we'd be the ones who found a way to win.

Please Google what turgid means.