PDA

View Full Version : The Aberdeen Goal

LaMotta
05-11-2023, 07:56 AM
Miller has taken a lot of stick for the goal for going down too easily, which I understand.Watching it again I think its a bit harsh as I think he just loses his balance. It could have been a foul on another day ( albeit a soft one).

The worst bit about the goal though is Obita. He actually goes to sleep and lets Miovski run right past him!! Infuriating:brickwall If he tracks the run then there isn't a problem.

https://twitter.com/AFCHereWeGo/status/1720880303714050136?t=sEnXdCFJqhtdgKKrev-CQA&s=19

And Marshall again with woeful decision making:rolleyes:

BobbyT1875
05-11-2023, 07:58 AM
Obita is average player. Been at fault for a few goals . Very passive player. Doesn’t do anything really well . For a defender he can’t tackle. He has to clip his heels before he gets in our half.

B.H.F.C
05-11-2023, 08:00 AM
The point on Obita, hadn’t noticed that. Goes to sleep first then the nick of him trying to run back. My granny would have given him a race and she’s 92 and uses a walker.

Greenbeard
05-11-2023, 08:03 AM
Miller has taken a lot of stick for the goal for going down too easily, which I understand.Watching it again I think its a bit harsh as I think he just loses his balance. It could have been a foul on another day ( albeit a soft one).

The worst bit about the goal though is Obita. He actually goes to sleep and lets Miovski run right past him!! Infuriating:brickwall If he tracks the run then there isn't a problem.

https://twitter.com/AFCHereWeGo/status/1720880303714050136?t=sEnXdCFJqhtdgKKrev-CQA&s=19

FIVE players culpable.
Yoohoo Anne - poor pass.
Miller - tries to buy a foul
Obita - stops, expecting the foul, and then doesn't make any sort of effort to recover
Levitt (biggest culprit in my book) - looks leaden footed but takes his foot off the gas at the 18-yard line when he should have bust a gut for a few strides, even if it was the last thing he did, to lunge and try and get a block in.
Marshal - piss poor 'keeping.

LaMotta
05-11-2023, 08:04 AM
On Levitt getting stick as well - dont think it matters what he does, Miovski has the legs on him and he isnt getting near him. Obita is the main bad guy.

Stokesy's on fire
05-11-2023, 08:07 AM
Miller is fouled. Might be a soft foul but he is fouled.

SlickShoes
05-11-2023, 08:16 AM
Why does Levitt slow down as he gets closer to Miovski? Bizarre.

Catalogue of errors that cost us a cup final, all of our mistakes are catastrophic, when other teams do the same we never punish them.

BobbyT1875
05-11-2023, 08:19 AM
The point on Obita, hadn’t noticed that. Goes to sleep first then the nick of him trying to run back. My granny would have given him a race and she’s 92 and uses a walker.

Yea he has no pace . Defence all over the place, why was he over at right back area . Like first goal we lost at ibrox. Defence all over place

BobbyT1875
05-11-2023, 08:20 AM

Catalogue of errors that cost us a cup final, all of our mistakes are catastrophic, when other teams do the same we never punish them.

Levitt is a lazy player. One of reasons Dundee United got relegated, team
Full of lazy players. That’s direct from a United player

Carheenlea
05-11-2023, 08:22 AM
As soft as it was, it looked like Miller was pushed. When fouls are given every game for the offence then you can understand why he went to ground.

If they’re going to take as long to find something wrong with Boyles goal, then you’d expect the same forensic examination of theirs.

Defending all round for the goal was generally poor though.

LaMotta
05-11-2023, 08:22 AM

I dont think Levitt does slow down. He just doesnt have the pace. Im not getting what else he could have done.

Actually watching it again im bringing Newell into the firing line. He stops completely to claim for the foul. Poor stuff.

Tyler Durden
05-11-2023, 08:26 AM
It’s all on Miller and Marshall for me.

Miller should foul Shinnie at the outset, no need to take a chance.

Then Marshall is just pathetic. He should be out earlier and spread himself. What a terrible keeper he’s been

Fuzzywuzzy
Marshall should have been off his line to close the angle.

I don't know if wollacott needs a run of games or a good confidence boost. It definitely needs sorted. Personally, I'd be inclined to go with boruc

BobbyT1875
As soft as it was, it looked like Miller was pushed. When fouls are given every game for the offence then you can understand why he went to ground.

If they’re going to take as long to find something wrong with Boyles goal, then you’d expect the same forensic examination of theirs.

Defending all round for the goal was generally poor though.

I’d be annoyed if the foul was given against us. He does that sort of thing several times in a game. Needs to cut it out and constant slowing down when in ln possession

LaMotta
05-11-2023, 08:29 AM

Then Marshall is just pathetic. He should be out earlier and spread himself. What a terrible keeper he’s been

Tottally agree re Marshall, bizarre goalkeeping. How can you let Obita off the hook though?

Walkerbaws
05-11-2023, 08:31 AM
This is what happens when we are in the ascendancy and we get lazy thinking all we need to do is play around with the ball in their half and eventually a goal will come. Teams will punish you quickly when you lose possession.

MKHIBEE
05-11-2023, 08:38 AM

We shouldn’t be losing a goal straight from losing possession in our opponents box. FWIW I think Marshall should have come out much sooner

MKHIBEE
05-11-2023, 08:43 AM
Marshall should have been off his line to close the angle.

I don't know if wollacott needs a run of games or a good confidence boost. It definitely needs sorted. Personally, I'd be inclined to go with boruc

I would give Boruc a run, not writing Wollacot off but whatever NM decides I don’t think Marshall should be first choice. If he is considered the best keeper we have then we do have a problem

GreenCastle
05-11-2023, 08:57 AM
Is everyone just forgetting Newell?

The start of the clip he decides to move to the player WITHOUT the ball...just stay with the guy with the ball!!!

He then stops running as he thinks it's a foul.

Someone like SJM would have probably won the first tackle and if he didn't win that would have won the 2nd ball once Miller fans down.

The lack of speed from Levitt is a concern too.

LaMotta
05-11-2023, 08:58 AM
Is everyone just forgetting Newell?

The start of the clip he decides to move to the player WITHOUT the ball...

He then stops running as he thinks it's a foul.

Someone like SJM would have probably won the first tackle and if he didn't win that would have won the 2nd ball once Miller fans down.

The lack of speed from Levitt is a concern too.

I mentioned Newell above:agree:

wookie70
05-11-2023, 09:11 AM
Dreadful ball from Youan which is not unusual, Miller was fouled to me and you can see Shinnie looking at the ref after he shoves him, Obita sleeping, Levitt is very slow but he starts to claim for the foul just as the striker gets to full pace and then he never had a chance of catching up. He never exactly bust a gut at the end either. Marshall didn't exactly make himself big and probably could have been a step or two closer to the scorer. Like most goals there are quite a few errors but for me the biggest is having Levitt as your back marker. He is the best passer of the ball at the club and given he looked pretty tired I would have put him further forward.

Miller was fouled though and it is hard to believe the goal was given and if any check took place it was brief. Our goal being disallowed took an age to rule out and it was pretty obviously offside. Beaton had booked Obita earlier for protesting one of the most obvious pushes in the back you will see and as per he pretty much never gave us a 50-50 decision all day. Anti football seems to be supported by Scottish referees.

Nicho87
05-11-2023, 09:14 AM
Obita oblivious to miovski

Levitt should be running full pelt he slows up. What the hell is that about.

We are still so soft. Lennon got it right years ago calling us the boy band type, that’s exactly where we are now

Happening all to regularly now

GreenCastle
05-11-2023, 09:22 AM

We are still so soft. Lennon got it right years ago calling us the boy band type, that’s exactly where we are now

We should have made a foul and taken the yellow.

Shinnie is the prime example of a guy who knows that playing central midfield.

Put Shinnie and Mivovski in the Hibs team yesterday and we win that game.

Speedy
05-11-2023, 09:24 AM

It looks like he's expecting a cut back or a switch onto Miovski's right foot. And by the time that thought has processed it is curtains.

Edit: definitely poor from him whatever he's thinking

Allant1981
05-11-2023, 09:25 AM

What exactly is this boy band nonsense that gets repeated every now and again? That goal was absolutely nothing to do with being soft, Levitt isn't very quick so should never have been the sitting player, obita should have been more aware also, again nothing to do with being soft

BSEJVT
05-11-2023, 09:31 AM
All relevant factors but it wasn’t a good finish and Marshall made no attempt to spread himself or make himself bigger

He reminded me of a snail retreating into its shell to make himself smaller

His decision making is **** and having had the time to think on the situation did not a thing

Shrekko
05-11-2023, 10:14 AM
All relevant factors but it wasn’t a good finish and Marshall made no attempt to spread himself or make himself bigger

He reminded me of a snail retreating into its shell to make himself smaller

His decision making is **** and having had the time to think on the situation did not a thing

Lots of errors in this goal but I find it absolutely unbelievable that Marshall retreats and then just drops to his knees. Truly incredible.

JohnM1875
05-11-2023, 10:31 AM
Aye, I was absolutely slaughtering Miller after the game and on the way back but don't actually think it's his fault. Thought he threw himself down but that's not the case.

Pathetic from Marshall. May as well not be there.

Manxhibs
05-11-2023, 10:33 AM
It’s a foul and I’m sure it would have been given if it was the other way round.

Nicho87
05-11-2023, 10:35 AM
What exactly is this boy band nonsense that gets repeated every now and again? That goal was absolutely nothing to do with being soft, Levitt isn't very quick so should never have been the sitting player, obita should have been more aware also, again nothing to do with being soft

My interpretation

Spineless
Soft
Weak
1 big win followed by ten horror shows

All relevant to the current hibs team

Not In The Know
05-11-2023, 10:42 AM

100% miller first as his dive catches everyone out with teammates expecting him to deal with the ball.

Then Marshal… that’s not a howler but his attempt to stop and his positioning was woeful. Just one time please can he be the reason we win a game not lose it. Unfortunately I don’t thank that will ever happen again. We need a new keeper urgently or it will undo all the new managers good work.

flash
05-11-2023, 10:46 AM
With Miller falling on his erse and Marshall being about 10 yards too far back it's certainly an interesting take to make Obita the main reason for the goal.

lucky
05-11-2023, 10:46 AM
Marshall should have saved that shot. It's time he hung up his gloves. He's just not good enough anymore. But it was a very soft goal to lose.

Ozyhibby
05-11-2023, 10:48 AM
Yoann loses ball just outside their box and there is zero defensive cover behind him? That’s an organisational failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
05-11-2023, 11:08 AM
Marshall should have saved that shot. It's time he hung up his gloves. He's just not good enough anymore. But it was a very soft goal to lose.

Marshall should have been right on top of the player to make him choose what he had to do. As it was he only had to knock it past him. Poor goalkeeping for a player of Marshall’s experience. Boyle was the only player quick enough to get back there. Poor all round.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-11-2023, 11:51 AM
You could see it coming from about 20 yards inside their half. 😥

LaMotta
05-11-2023, 11:52 AM
With Miller falling on his erse and Marshall being about 10 yards too far back it's certainly an interesting take to make Obita the main reason for the goal.

Obita is not the only one to blame and I agree the others are poor (Marshall the worst) but come on watch that back and look at him. Its absolutely shocking from him. He has the simplest task of all of them - If he matches the run then there is no goal. Basic school boy football.

I quite like Obita and think he has been pretty good for us so far, but that cost us yesterday.

Heisenberg
05-11-2023, 11:55 AM
Marshall definitely makes it a lot easier for Miovski. No idea why he let him stroll into the box without trying to close it down then left him all the space he could to slot it past him.

Malthibby
05-11-2023, 11:58 AM
I was pretty pleased with the performance of the individual players & the team generally until the goal; it was occasionally clunky but also occasionally excellent.
We just lost all momentum and shape when they went down to 10, no-one there to take control & use the extra man.
The goal was caused by a number of factors/players, don't think any one is entirely capable, even Marshall; it would have been a big save but it was a 1:1 & he couldn't do it.
GG

easty
05-11-2023, 11:59 AM
I cannae believe anyone actually thinks it was a foul on miller.

B.H.F.C
05-11-2023, 11:59 AM
Yoann loses ball just outside their box and there is zero defensive cover behind him? That’s an organisational failure.

When Shinnie is running out with the ball there is 3 Hibs players in front of him and one Aberdeen player very slightly ahead of him. Lack of cover wasn’t an issue. Miovski came from deeper and showed more desire to run forward than we did to run back.

Smartie
05-11-2023, 12:14 PM
It's straight into the top 5 of worst Hibs goals lost, when you take into consideration the importance of the moment, the consequences and the level of incompetence on display.

This is all a bit "bald men fighting over a comb" when there are so many guilty parties who should be ashamed of their contribution to the goal.

All I'll say is - a few years ago we had 10 minutes to go in a big game at Hampden. Our captain seized the moment, led by example and started smashing into tackles, driving us up the park and stretching the neck muscles a wee bit more than everyone else to get on the end of a corner at the critical moment. That attitude spread throughout the team and the earned the biggest result in our history. Whilst they all might have "something" - what we saw from Youan, Miller, Obita, Levitt and Marshall was so far short of what was required when we needed it was frightening. That's why I reckon they'll be forever grouped with the many losers who have failed to grasp the opportunities we've been presented with rather than the few winners who chose to do something different.

Interesting that the much maligned Stevenson and Hanlon weren't part of this debacle, both players who did well when we kept a clean sheet when we won in Aberdeen earlier this season and who have tasted success at Hampden in the past.

Smartie
05-11-2023, 12:15 PM
When Shinnie is running out with the ball there is 3 Hibs players in front of him and one Aberdeen player very slightly ahead of him. Lack of cover wasn’t an issue. Miovski came from deeper and showed more desire to run forward than we did to run back.

Indeed.

Inexcusable.

scm70nyd1973
05-11-2023, 12:43 PM

Marshall should have been right on top of the player to make him choose what he had to do. As it was he only had to knock it past him. Poor goalkeeping for a player of Marshall’s experience. Boyle was the only player quick enough to get back there. Poor all round.

Remember the days when keepers used to stick out a leg to stop a ball going in the onion bag - Marshall seemed to be going down to pray ☹️

random sub
05-11-2023, 01:50 PM
Levitt took his foot off the gas just when he needed to keep going. Very strange decision making and I do worry about any truth in the lazy tag- seems to be a player that plays well when things are going well. So sickened by the result, it’s hard to be magnanimous

shetlandhibee
05-11-2023, 02:37 PM
It's straight into the top 5 of worst Hibs goals lost, when you take into consideration the importance of the moment, the consequences and the level of incompetence on display.

This is all a bit "bald men fighting over a comb" when there are so many guilty parties who should be ashamed of their contribution to the goal.

All I'll say is - a few years ago we had 10 minutes to go in a big game at Hampden. Our captain seized the moment, led by example and started smashing into tackles, driving us up the park and stretching the neck muscles a wee bit more than everyone else to get on the end of a corner at the critical moment. That attitude spread throughout the team and the earned the biggest result in our history. Whilst they all might have "something" - what we saw from Youan, Miller, Obita, Levitt and Marshall was so far short of what was required when we needed it was frightening. That's why I reckon they'll be forever grouped with the many losers who have failed to grasp the opportunities we've been presented with rather than the few winners who chose to do something different.

Interesting that the much maligned Stevenson and Hanlon weren't part of this debacle, both players who did well when we kept a clean sheet when we won in Aberdeen earlier this season and who have tasted success at Hampden in the past. well said if they had played yesterday after what happened a lot on here would have jumped on here blaming them anyway they could,,:top marks

shamo9
05-11-2023, 02:40 PM
FIVE players culpable.
Yoohoo Anne - poor pass.
Miller - tries to buy a foul
Obita - stops, expecting the foul, and then doesn't make any sort of effort to recover
Levitt (biggest culprit in my book) - looks leaden footed but takes his foot off the gas at the 18-yard line when he should have bust a gut for a few strides, even if it was the last thing he did, to lunge and try and get a block in.
Marshal - piss poor 'keeping.

Is that reallly necessary?

GreenGray
05-11-2023, 03:36 PM
We pushed far too many players forward because they’re were down to 10.

Desperately needed a leader on the pitch to just calm things down and see us through as we were dominating at that point anyway.

Letting them get a goal so soon after is just criminal and we were never going to score after that with them sitting so deep.

Also Marshall’s positioning is awful made it harder for Miovski to miss.

RMQ1967
05-11-2023, 03:39 PM

Boy band - the most stupid meaningless comment ever to come from that clown. Thank god he was booted from our club.

gaz1875
05-11-2023, 03:54 PM
Aye, I was absolutely slaughtering Miller after the game and on the way back but don't actually think it's his fault. Thought he threw himself down but that's not the case.

Pathetic from Marshall. May as well not be there.

I blamed Miller as well, he done great to recover the ball and should have taken control but dived, everyone else stopped, Levitt doesn't try to push the Aberdeen player wide but actually ran inside for some reason. not that he would have caught him mind. Catalogue of disasters really.

basehibby
05-11-2023, 06:39 PM
Unbelievable that goal is given as Miller is clearly fouled in the build up. I just cannot get my head round VAR - they spend 5 minutes deciding to rule out Hibs' goal due to an extremely questionable offside - then ignore what is a blatant foul in the lead up to Aberdeen's goal!

We can blame our players for not doing more to stop it but when the officials are not applying the rules with even-handedness WTF are they supposed to do?!?

Eyrie
05-11-2023, 08:04 PM
Wasn't a foul for me.

Miller had won the ball back and decided to fall over, looking to win a foul. Sadly the referee didn't fall for it and we paid the price for Miller's stupidity.

basehibby
05-11-2023, 08:39 PM
Wasn't a foul for me.

Miller had won the ball back and decided to fall over, looking to win a foul. Sadly the referee didn't fall for it and we paid the price for Miller's stupidity.

Miller nips in front of the Aberdeen player and then his heels are clipped causing him to tumble - not intentional but a foul all day long and it's unforgiveable that the clowns in the VAR suite missed it (if indeed they even checked!).

If we want to lay blame at our own team's door then I think it's just bad game management - we were a man up but left ourselves exposed at the back. There was simply no need for this - keep it tight and we'd have had as much as 48 minutes including extra time to wear them down - very frustrating!

Keyser Sauzee
05-11-2023, 08:59 PM
No chance it’s a foul on Miller, he tries to win the free kick and Beaton doesn’t give it. It happened really early on in the first half also, he was in possession and pressed by the Aberdeen player eventually facing back to our goal and instead of passing the ball he tries to turn and has it nicked off him and puts us under pressure. Miller stayed down claiming he was hurt, he should have learned from this incident but clearly didn’t. Don’t want to sound to harsh on him but he’s done this numerous times this season and he needs to cut it out, grow up and play with a more mature head.

paddy1875
05-11-2023, 09:26 PM
It was never a foul. Never in a million years.

Even if var checked it they still wouldn’t find a foul in there. He’s got back in front of Shinnie and has felt a slight touch if anything and he’s been hit with a sniper. He done it earlier in the game and never bought the free kick so he should’ve known not to bother taking the chance.

Levitts pace running back could possibly be his top speed at that time of the game after 70 minutes. He does slow down coming into the box, possibly expecting the striker to cut the ball back to then shoot but who knows?

Set up in a 5 a side any man in for the goal. Criminal really. David Marshall tho, dreadful goalkeeping. Not even an attempt at a save. Looks like he’s just knee sliding a goal celebration.

And that was that. Against 10 men with a 1 goal lead we were never scoring

LaMotta
05-11-2023, 09:57 PM

Even if var checked it they still wouldn’t find a foul in there. He’s got back in front of Shinnie and has felt a slight touch if anything and he’s been hit with a sniper. He done it earlier in the game and never bought the free kick so he should’ve known not to bother taking the chance.

Levitts pace running back could possibly be his top speed at that time of the game after 70 minutes. He does slow down coming into the box, possibly expecting the striker to cut the ball back to then shoot but who knows?

Set up in a 5 a side any man in for the goal. Criminal really. David Marshall tho, dreadful goalkeeping. Not even an attempt at a save. Looks like he’s just knee sliding a goal celebration.

If Obita tracks Miovski as he should then we aren't talking about any of that.:boo hoo:

basehibby
05-11-2023, 09:58 PM

I've watched it loads of times and there is 100% definitely contact both between the Dons player's right leg and Miller's left and also a nudge of the shoulder into his back - not much perhaps but enough to make Miller go down as he's stretching. With the advent of VAR I've seen penalties given and goals chalked off for less.
The whole incident arose because of slack play and poor game management so our players are not beyond criticism - but the lack of consistency in the use of VAR is maddening and also contributed to our downfall.

paddy1875
05-11-2023, 10:02 PM
I've watched it loads of times and there is 100% definitely contact both between the Dons player's right leg and Miller's left and also a nudge of the shoulder into his back - not much perhaps but enough to make Miller go down as he's stretching. With the advent of VAR I've seen penalties given and goals chalked off for less.

If the shoe was on the other foot how would you feel about it?

I wouldn’t be happy. Var is there for clean and obvious refereeing errors. As much as I don’t like Beaton I think his call to let the game continue was right.

Keyser Sauzee
05-11-2023, 10:05 PM
If Obita tracks Miovski as he should then we aren't talking about any of that.:boo hoo:

If Miller stays on his feet and even just punts it out for a throw in we aren’t talking about any of it.

LaMotta
05-11-2023, 10:49 PM
If Miller stays on his feet and even just punts it out for a throw in we aren’t talking about any of it.

There is absolutely no chance he can punt it out for a thrown in that passage of play.

lyonhibs
06-11-2023, 06:18 AM
Obita is lazy af but what Marshall is doing is bizarre. There's only 1 place that ball is going 90% of the time and flopping down to his knees is just crap goalkeeping. Looks like a dodgy keeper animation from Football Manager

JimBHibees
06-11-2023, 06:31 AM
If the shoe was on the other foot how would you feel about it?

I wouldn’t be happy. Var is there for clean and obvious refereeing errors. As much as I don’t like Beaton I think his call to let the game continue was right.

Seems to be a pattern though was it even checked or did Beaton instruct the var Greig Aitken by the way another appalling ref not to check. Seems very odd both the penalty claim and the goal and possible foul weren't checked.

paddy1875
06-11-2023, 06:49 AM
Seems to be a pattern though was it even checked or did Beaton instruct the var Greig Aitken by the way another appalling ref not to check. Seems very odd both the penalty claim and the goal and possible foul weren't checked.

I know. But as Iv mentions before miller tried to buy a foul earlier in the game like this and Beaton wasn’t for it. He’s the main guy managing the game. Even if var did check the goal they’d have still given it. It was in no way a foul the way Beaton was letting the game go.

The main concern for me is the penalty. It’s a stonewaller. A penalty kick similarly given to duk against us even tho Marshall made no contact with him in a 4-1 defeat up there last season. It was checked and still given. A penalty the **** got yesterday without hesitation from nick Walsh.
This is the where it’s been a farce.

JimBHibees
06-11-2023, 07:00 AM
I know. But as Iv mentions before miller tried to buy a foul earlier in the game like this and Beaton wasn’t for it. He’s the main guy managing the game. Even if var did check the goal they’d have still given it. It was in no way a foul the way Beaton was letting the game go.

The main concern for me is the penalty. It’s a stonewaller. A penalty kick similarly given to duk against us even tho Marshall made no contact with him in a 4-1 defeat up there last season. It was checked and still given. A penalty the **** got yesterday without hesitation from nick Walsh.
This is the where it’s been a farce.

Agree also get annoyed Miller going down like that because he must know that refs will think he goes down easy and possibly not give it. What should have happened was what Shinnie would have done in roles reversed and taken him out and took the card.

paddy1875
06-11-2023, 07:09 AM
Agree also get annoyed Miller going down like that because he must know that refs will think he goes down easy and possibly not give it. What should have happened was what Shinnie would have done in roles reversed and taken him out and took the card.

The most frustrating thing is he actually gets between shinnie and the ball. He shouldn’t be taking any chances in that situation. I’m going in on miller here but as soon as the balls played into the middle of the park every hibs player is culpable in the screen of not doing enough or doing something better apart from Boyle. We need to be a bit more street smart.

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2023, 07:13 AM
Miller dives that much, the refs are wise to it now and even if he is fouled he's not getting the foul because of that.

BoomtownHibees
06-11-2023, 07:14 AM

I don’t think he needed to foul Shinnie at all, he got himself back in to a good position between Shinnie and the ball then decides to throw himself to the ground with minimal contact, exactly the same as he had tried once or twice earlier in the game

superfurryhibby
06-11-2023, 07:27 AM
Miller dives that much, the refs are wise to it now and even if he is fouled he's not getting the foul because of that.

He was probably our most fouled player on Saturday, he takes a fair bit of punishment every game he plays and got plenty of fouls, so I think you're wrong.

Coming so soon after the sending off, an incident in which he provoked a response from the daft Aberdeen player from his initial push on him, Miller was always getting nowt at that point.

He cocked it up at their goal. Hopefully he learns from it. Gamesmanship, it's an essential skill in the modern game, they're all at it.

He's a good player, still fairly inexperienced and he will get smarter. Shame it cost us on Saturday, but some of the pish you wrote on the Miller thread, ridiculous.

He's here!
06-11-2023, 07:52 AM
Obita is lazy af but what Marshall is doing is bizarre. There's only 1 place that ball is going 90% of the time and flopping down to his knees is just crap goalkeeping. Looks like a dodgy keeper animation from Football Manager

Seems to make himself smaller rather than as big as possible. Kind of collapses in on himself. Bizarre.

JimBHibees
06-11-2023, 07:56 AM
Seems to make himself smaller rather than as big as possible. Kind of collapses in on himself. Bizarre.

Only put myself watching it a couple of times but didn’t really look like he was closing the angle how he should have been though decent finish under no pressure

MWHIBBIES
06-11-2023, 01:58 PM
Marshall is the worst keeper we've maybe ever had. Should've been dropped in March and freed in the summer. Embarrassing he still starts.

marinello59
06-11-2023, 02:00 PM
Marshall is the worst keeper we've maybe ever had. Should've been dropped in March and freed in the summer. Embarrassing he still starts.

He's not even close to the worst.

Stubbsy90+2
06-11-2023, 02:00 PM

I said before that he’s every bit as bad as the likes of Zibi, if not worse and people thought it was a ridiculous shout.

He’s made more mistakes and saves less. Hes just not developed a habit of doing it every time he plays Hearts, at least not yet. Although even then he’s had some questionable goals against them.

MWHIBBIES
06-11-2023, 02:02 PM
I said before that he’s every bit as bad as the likes of Zibi, if not worse and people thought it was a ridiculous shout.

He’s made more mistakes and saves less. Hes just not developed a habit of doing it every time he plays Hearts, at least not yet. Although even then he’s had some questionable goals against them.

You're spot on. He is literally a man down.

MWHIBBIES
06-11-2023, 02:03 PM

Sadly mate, he really is. Been chucking them in for months now.

LaMotta
06-11-2023, 02:17 PM
Hibs HQ magazine came through the post today. In it, Lewis Stevenson is asked to pick a five a side team from best players he's played with. Interestingly he chose Marshall in goals, saying that Rocky was a close second.

Must be good in training.

He's here!
06-11-2023, 02:40 PM

He is (or has been) a far more competent keeper than Zibi, with a very decent career behind him. I accept that there's been a rapid decline following a solid enough start at Hibs. I can't fathom whether it's a confidence thing or whether age has just caught up with him quicker than most keepers who play on into their late 30s/early 40s. He still looks in good physical shape.

Tyler Durden
06-11-2023, 02:41 PM
Hibs HQ magazine came through the post today. In it, Lewis Stevenson is asked to pick a five a side team from best players he's played with. Interestingly he chose Marshall in goals, saying that Rocky was a close second.

Must be good in training.

Similar chat from Montgomery about how Marshall is a great guy around the training ground etc. Who gives a *****? He's absolutely awful on the park.

Hard to disagree that he's up there with the worst. The likes of Zibi seemed to have howlers in the big games. Marshall is just rubbish against every team.

Stubbsy90+2
06-11-2023, 02:42 PM
He is (or has been) a far more competent keeper than Zibi, with a very decent career behind him. I accept that there's been a rapid decline following a solid enough start at Hibs. I can't fathom whether it's a confidence thing or whether age has just caught up with him quicker than most keepers who play on into their late 30s/early 40s. He still looks in good physical shape.

Yeah, he’s definitely been a better keeper previously. In his time at Hibs though I’d say he’s been at least as bad if not worse.

I thought the warning signs were there very early last season tbh, think a few others on here said the same. Admittedly though even after those warning signs his form completely nosedived further.

greenlex
06-11-2023, 03:44 PM
If Jeggo is in Levitts position in that passsge it’s not going to be a goal. At the very least he’s going to work harder to score it.

Golden Bear
06-11-2023, 03:54 PM

Absolutely correct although I suppose its all relative to the number of years the person has been following Hibs. Certainly in my lifetime we've had more than our fair share of keepers who were far far worse than Marshall.

LaMotta
06-11-2023, 04:05 PM
If Jeggo is in Levitts position in that passsge it’s not going to be a goal. At the very least he’s going to work harder to score it.

Same if Stevenson is in Obita's position.

Shrekko
06-11-2023, 04:32 PM

He's close all right - cannot fathom how people feel otherwise. I can barely believe what I'm seeing from him at times and this has been noticed by plenty fans of other clubs I speak to.

One of our most disappointing signings in many a year.

Smartie
06-11-2023, 05:26 PM
He's close all right - cannot fathom how people feel otherwise. I can barely believe what I'm seeing from him at times and this has been noticed by plenty fans of other clubs I speak to.

One of our most disappointing signings in many a year.

He's making a really good fist of the challenge of being our worst, which is fairly astonishing.

I wouldn't have thought he'd be close but the number of moments where you find yourself asking if he could / should have done better are mounting rapidly.

He's had a stinking 7 or 8 months.