PDA

View Full Version : VAR decisions benefitting Hibs

Diclonius
04-11-2023, 11:45 PM
i.e. a penalty given when not awarded in open play, reinstated goal after initially being disallowed, an opposition goal chalked off/penalty award rescinded, etc. I genuinely can't think of a single time when VAR has intervened in our favour other than a couple of red cards. Meanwhile on the other end we've had numerous goals chalked off and penalties given against us.

SerenityGreen
05-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Agree, but it will thus ever be the case.

I still don't see why penalty wasn't awarded today on Vente by Beaton.
A. In the first place, or
B. why var didn't intervene for it to be reviewed by Beaton.

It was a definite foul.

Oh wait, I do, it's Hibs.

TheGog
05-11-2023, 12:35 AM
When Marshall got slammed into his own net last year county away. How did VAR not intervene then, especially with the big protections on keepers nowadays. It’s wild the decisions we don’t get

snedzuk
05-11-2023, 04:48 AM
i.e. a penalty given when not awarded in open play, reinstated goal after initially being disallowed, an opposition goal chalked off/penalty award rescinded, etc. I genuinely can't think of a single time when VAR has intervened in our favour other than a couple of red cards. Meanwhile on the other end we've had numerous goals chalked off and penalties given against us.

Jairs goal v Ross County was given after a VAR check and Hanlon didn't get a penalty against him in the same game. That said it should be scrapped IMO - it's sucked what little life blood was left in Scottish football out of it.

CallumLaidlaw
05-11-2023, 05:23 AM
Jairs goal v Ross County was given after a VAR check and Hanlon didn't get a penalty against him in the same game. That said it should be scrapped IMO - it's sucked what little life blood was left in Scottish football out of it.

Every goal gets checked by VAR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scm70nyd1973
05-11-2023, 06:00 AM
By and large football is all about fans and scoring goals - that’s is where most of the excitement comes from.

VAR is - for me anyway - sucking the thrill of football right out of me.

I was at Seville and watched yesterday on the box - the total excitement of going ahead in a big game was just fantastic.

Introduce VAR and combine it with totally incompetent officials and it is a total fun spoiler - just like all this woke nonsense we are sucking the life out of entertainment.

Sometimes HIBS score and I don’t get excited because I saw something that leads me to think it will be disallowed- how ridiculous is that!

You could clearly see how the disallowed goal yesterday affected us,them, their fans and our fans - it was like a penalty miss.

I thought the game is also - amongst other things - all about spontaneity and excitement that follows it - scoring goals used to be the best part but now it would seem that due to a VAR aftermath this is yet another thing that could potentially be driving people away.

A combo of money, laptop football and now VAR will kill this game if we don’t watch out - we are sleep walking into it and it’s very sad.

Rant over - now on to some schadenfreude hope this afternoon - if Hearts win then even they could beat a very poor Aberdeen side ☹️ God forbid 😡