PDA

View Full Version : Who's really to blame?

lugz
04-11-2023, 06:43 PM
For me we can't just continue blaming managers for years of failure and disappointment after disappointment.

The players have to be held accountable, the same players who have seen 2/3 new managers come in, in some cases I've lost count of how many managerial changes they've survived.

They're just not good enough, how do professionals playing against 10 men allow a striker a clear run at goal from the half way line???

AL-Qaholik
04-11-2023, 06:43 PM
Kensell

Exuberance1875
04-11-2023, 06:44 PM
Kensell

This. Should have binned LJ after the hearts game last year and given any new manager the whole summer.

Waxy
04-11-2023, 06:45 PM
Why does it seem we need ten shots on goal to our opponents one just to compete?
No matter who is managing us

Unseen work
Come on.

We were good today.

Miller made a mistake and it cost us.

Not every defeat needs to be examined to the core.

JammyDoidger
Managers subs really doesn't help matters. His game management is absolutely mental man.

lugz
04-11-2023, 06:47 PM
Come on.

We were good today.

We've not won in 6 games, we're throwing leads away against rubbish. Think there's plenty reason to examine what is wrong.

Mcbizz1998
04-11-2023, 06:48 PM
We can complain about the Boyle decision but the fact Aberdeen went down to 10 and we IMMEDIATELY lost a soft goal, it was just so…..Hibs. It’s got to the point where I can’t be bothered anymore.

Change the manager, change the players, the owner, who cares? We still do stuff like this. We can cry about the hibsed it tag all we like, but let’s be honest…it’s ****ing true!

Pagan Hibernia
04-11-2023, 06:48 PM
Come on.

We were good today.

It's not just today though. Its hibs. It just never seems to be our day (2016 aside). Why is it always a hard luck story for hibs?

lugz
04-11-2023, 06:49 PM
Why does it seem we need ten shots on goal to our opponents one just to compete?
No matter who is managing us

To be fair I'd fully expect our front 3 to tuck away the chance they scored. Criminal considering they've just went down to 10.

Mcbizz1998
It's not just today though. Its hibs. It just never seems to be our day (2016 aside). Why is it always a hard luck story for hibs?

Agree. Bored of it.

Steve20
Come on.

We were good today.

We weren’t good.

Please don’t tell me our fanbase is that beat down, that todays performance counts as good. We didn’t exactly batter their goal. Having all the ball and being powder puff in the final third is not good, it’s crap.

Unseen work
04-11-2023, 06:55 PM
We weren’t good.

Please don’t tell me our fanbase is that beat down, that todays performance counts as good. We didn’t exactly batter their goal. Having all the ball and being powder puff in the final third is not good, it’s crap.

I think we were the far better team, as did most people by the sounds of it.

I don’t see the point in thinking we lost tonight so let’s look into the roots of Hibs as a club since we formed. It’s pointless.

Aberdeen were 2-0 up in Europe and lost 3-2 about a week ago. They lost 2 goals in about 30 seconds last season to rangers to lose it.

Hearts chucked a 2-0 lead to us at home.

It happens to every club, it’s football.

McDerrmot and Montgomery have both improved us as a club since they’ve arrived imo. Some players aren’t good enough, our bench is weak.

I fully believe from what I’ve seen of Montgomery that he’ll pick up wins and make us a good team, especially with his own players

NGH
04-11-2023, 06:59 PM
We weren’t good.

Personally, I thought that was the best performance for some time. We didn't deserve to lose but Aberdeen were always going to be better placed to defend a one goal lead so once they got ahead it was an uphill battle. Losing a soft goal is annoying but hardly a new experience. Hib could and should have scored and need to be more clinical but that game was not an excuse to throw the toys out of the pram.

B.H.F.C
04-11-2023, 07:00 PM
Pish players. And until we have less pish players, we’ll be pish.

#2 Double Tap
04-11-2023, 07:02 PM

cause the folk who make decision get most of them wrong.

kensell was a bad appoinment, he aint a football guy, hes a love island guy, mcdermitt is starting to look like a donkey as well, we are throwing money away every transfer window.

Scotty Leither
04-11-2023, 07:03 PM
I very rarely post these days, although I do dip in to read the posts now and again, but my take on today was that a really top class attacking midfielder/number 10 would have been the difference, but we never seem to replace our top players when they leave.

It’s for this reason I hope the boy Foley is the real deal and we get some serious investment into the club so we can finally punch our weight for a sustainable period.

Hibernian FC have huffed and puffed and flattered to deceive for just about as long as I’ve followed them.

Exuberance1875
04-11-2023, 07:05 PM
Not the right thread for this, however, Dylan Levitt is an absolutely fantastic player. A proper old school hibs midfielder

Diclonius
04-11-2023, 07:08 PM
Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP!!! :grr:

500miles
04-11-2023, 07:11 PM
Not the right thread for this, however, Dylan Levitt is an absolutely fantastic player. A proper old school hibs midfielder

Ran out of legs at the end and couldn't keep up with Miovski. Jeggo probably stops that

neil7908
04-11-2023, 07:14 PM
Ran out of legs at the end and couldn't keep up with Miovski. Jeggo probably stops that

Yup. I like Levitt but I don't know what he was thinking for the goal. It reminded me of Stokes first in the cup final - was allowed to waltz into the box and get up to the keeper workout anyone getting close to him.

Maybe as you say it was fitness but I'd be disappointed if he was so shattered that he couldn't find anything in the tank at 70 minutes to stop such an obvious chance.

Hibs90
04-11-2023, 07:16 PM
Kensell and whoever is responsible or has been for recruitment.

Years of garbage and long term deals on players who are simply not good enough to win on a consistent enough basis.

Eyrie
04-11-2023, 07:17 PM
I'm assuming Levitt isn't the quickest of players but his effort to get back was put to shame by Boyle.

GreenNWhiteArmy
04-11-2023, 07:17 PM
We've just lost a semi final we should have won but for VAR and Beaton

But we as a fan base want to find someone to blame internally.

danhibees1875
04-11-2023, 07:18 PM

I'd imagine fans of every club probably think similar to be fair.

Since90+2
04-11-2023, 07:19 PM
I very rarely post these days, although I do dip in to read the posts now and again, but my take on today was that a really top class attacking midfielder/number 10 would have been the difference, but we never seem to replace our top players when they leave.

It’s for this reason I hope the boy Foley is the real deal and we get some serious investment into the club so we can finally punch our weight for a sustainable period.

Hibernian FC have huffed and puffed and flattered to deceive for just about as long as I’ve followed them.

A top class number 10 is probably the one position that's the hardest to find. And the most expensive.

I don't disagree with what you're saying though.

Since90+2
04-11-2023, 07:19 PM

In a nutshell.

neil7908
04-11-2023, 07:20 PM

Sorry, not buying that. I'm not happy with the officials but we were sitting at 70 minutes playing against 10 men. Game was in our hands and we shat the bed.

The sad thing is no one on here was surprised. We've all seen this far, far too often from Hibs over the years.

We need to start winning these games.

7Hero
04-11-2023, 07:20 PM

You might be on to somethign there..

LunasBoots
04-11-2023, 07:21 PM
Mentality thing and loss of concentration at key times.

Since90+2
04-11-2023, 07:22 PM

If only we could find a billionaire who wants to put money into the club.

Soldiersteve
04-11-2023, 07:22 PM
Personally, I thought that was the best performance for some time. We didn't deserve to lose but Aberdeen were always going to be better placed to defend a one goal lead so once they got ahead it was an uphill battle. Losing a soft goal is annoying but hardly a new experience. Hib could and should have scored and need to be more clinical but that game was not an excuse to throw the toys out of the pram.
This.
Sure, it was a sore one to lose but that happens to all clubs. Lets see who is moved on / brought in during Jan but I think Monty will be fine,

GGTTH

weecounty hibby
04-11-2023, 07:23 PM
VAR and cheating Beaton. Good goal not given and a penalty not given. When it takes nearly 5 mins and you need to get a laser measurement out the goal should stand. And the Vente one in the box is a pen all day long. Thought we played pretty well, were the better side and deserved a win.

Chorley Hibee
04-11-2023, 07:27 PM
The amount of people on here, on various threads, kidding themselves on that this was a good performance, and we were "unlucky" (yet again!) is laughable.

The Aberdeen goalie could have pulled up a chair he had that little to do.

Plenty of the ball, but absolutely nothing when, and where, it really matters.

Another game passes by where Vente was absolutely anonymous due to the lack of service, and another game where we can't ****ing defend when it matters.

It's not luck, we're just *****.

Ringothedog
04-11-2023, 07:29 PM
We can complain about the Boyle decision but the fact Aberdeen went down to 10 and we IMMEDIATELY lost a soft goal, it was just so…..Hibs. It’s got to the point where I can’t be bothered anymore.

Change the manager, change the players, the owner, who cares? We still do stuff like this. We can cry about the hibsed it tag all we like, but let’s be honest…it’s ****ing true!

So no other club does this?

30 yards away
04-11-2023, 07:29 PM
For me we can't just continue blaming managers for years of failure and disappointment after disappointment.

The players have to be held accountable, the same players who have seen 2/3 new managers come in, in some cases I've lost count of how many managerial changes they've survived.

They're just not good enough, how do professionals playing against 10 men allow a striker a clear run at goal from the half way line???
do you never notice how often we seem to be playing the ref, var or any other reason didnt want to say corrupt or bigoted thats Scottish football always has been uncomfortable maybe but true

babahibs
04-11-2023, 07:30 PM
Come on.

We were good today.

This.

We were unlucky today, sometimes the better team loses, that's football.

Chorley Hibee
04-11-2023, 07:32 PM
I think we were the far better team, as did most people by the sounds of it.

I don’t see the point in thinking we lost tonight so let’s look into the roots of Hibs as a club since we formed. It’s pointless.

Aberdeen were 2-0 up in Europe and lost 3-2 about a week ago. They lost 2 goals in about 30 seconds last season to rangers to lose it.

Hearts chucked a 2-0 lead to us at home.

It happens to every club, it’s football.

McDerrmot and Montgomery have both improved us as a club since they’ve arrived imo. Some players aren’t good enough, our bench is weak.

I fully believe from what I’ve seen of Montgomery that he’ll pick up wins and make us a good team, especially with his own players

What's improved?

We've 11 points from the first quarter of the season and we've shat the bed at Hampden once again.

Looks like more of the same to me.

Johnny_Leith
04-11-2023, 07:55 PM
What's improved?

We've 11 points from the first quarter of the season and we've shat the bed at Hampden once again.

Looks like more of the same to me.

It looks more of the same to me too, possibly even less of the same.

We look blunter in attack generally and aren't creating as many chances, it feels like there's been little change in the defending, there's been baffling substitutions and an inability to hold onto 2 goal leads and we've just failed to beat a terrible Aberdeen team.

Of course there is blame that should be apportioned to the players but Montgomery sets the team up and leads the mentality, once Aberdeen scored today we'd lost, we could see it in the players faces, he's talked about belief but I don't see it on the park.

Much improvement required and the fans are becoming less and less impressed by the game.

one day maybe...
04-11-2023, 08:34 PM
Why do we have to blame someone or anyone for that matter of fact..

Pagan Hibernia
04-11-2023, 08:38 PM
I'd imagine fans of every club probably think similar to be fair.

Possibly. I don't know. It doesn't feel like there's many other teams that take their fans to the brink of success so often before squandering the opportunity.

Other teams either just don't reach semi finals and finals often at all, or they do and they win them.

I suppose we should be grateful to support a team that regularly reaches hampden but it doesn't feel like it tonight.

sean04
04-11-2023, 08:54 PM
I don't know who's the blame but we can't keep failing to beat poor sides. Aberdeen were absolutely rotten, how we have managed to lose that is ridiculous. Mentality issue within the club

FC1875
04-11-2023, 09:00 PM
Its the mentality that's the problem.

Our Hampden record since 2016 is very very poor with the number of trips we have had. Two finals and semi finals every year

Lago
04-11-2023, 09:01 PM
Come on.

We were good today.

This, well said

FC1875
04-11-2023, 09:02 PM
Come on.

We were good today.

We lost the game.

lugz
04-11-2023, 09:02 PM
Its the mentality that's the problem.

Our Hampden record since 2016 is very very poor.

And before. I'm 36 and I've saw us win 3 trophies (one being when I was 4) yes the old firm are going to dominate winning cups but with the amount of semis and finals we've reached we should have a couple more in the bag at least.

The list of teams we've lost to at hampden is highly embarrassing.

GreenCastle
04-11-2023, 09:04 PM
A top class number 10 is probably the one position that's the hardest to find. And the most expensive.

I don't disagree with what you're saying though.

Where does the number 10 play in this system?

I do agree we needed someone who could make something happen out of nothing today or even a through ball etc.

For as long as I remember we seem to have midfielders who aren't good at shooting from distance - I include Joe Newell into that - 8 goals in 156 games!!!

Also think when was the last time we scored from a direct free kick ? Think the Griffiths days when he could score in a close game.

I agree until we sign players who are winners - think McGinn and others who can drive us up the park we will lose or draw games. It sounds so simple but genuinely think we don't take this into consideration when scouting players - it will all be data driven.

The mentality of the club is still too weak - we also have the issue of awful recruitment - bringing on some of the younger players today just shows how far off we are.

HoboHarry

Not the whole fan base, just the usual noisy empty barrels for the most part. I could have written some of today's negative posts and for a good number of them correctly predicted who wrote them.

Glory Lurker
The mentality is horrendous. Our record speaks for itself. Has anyone got as poor a Hampden record as ours?

lugz
04-11-2023, 09:06 PM
The mentality is horrendous. Our record speaks for itself. Has anyone got as poor a Hampden record as ours?

No chance. We make hampden most years and win a trophy roughly every 16 years.

Unseen work
We lost the game.

Yes an individual error cost us.

Aberdeen chucked a 2 goal lead in Europe 2 weeks ago. They chucked a victory against rangers a year ago with 2 minutes left and ended up losing. Hearts chucked a 2-0 lead against us at home.

It’s football, it happens.

But this “why always us” mentality is exhausting. A defeat and this place wants the whole club ripped up and start again.

We say we want a type of manager but in reality as soon as one thing goes wrong the toys come out the pram

B.H.F.C

I do agree we needed someone who could make something happen out of nothing today or even a through ball etc.

For as long as I remember we seem to have midfielders who aren't good at shooting from distance - I include Joe Newell into that - 8 goals in 156 games!!!

Also think when was the last time we scored from a direct free kick ? Think the Griffiths days when he could score in a close game.

I agree until we sign players who are winners - think McGinn and others who can drive us up the park we will lose or draw games. It sounds so simple but genuinely think we don't take this into consideration when scouting players - it will all be data driven.

At the start of the season Newell decided to have a few shots and he scored a couple of goals as a result. He’s since reverted to type. Last 10 minutes both him and Levitt has opportunities to shoot from the edge of the box and tried to do something else.

GreenCastle
04-11-2023, 09:11 PM
At the start of the season Newell decided to have a few shots and he scored a couple of goals as a result. He’s since reverted to type. Last 10 minutes both him and Levitt has opportunities to shoot from the edge of the box and tried to do something else.

Fair point about Newell.

My worry is if both midfielders are good on the ball but rarely score then we have an issue as teams will always force us wide and defend the crosses.

IberianHibernian
04-11-2023, 09:16 PM
And before. I'm 36 and I've saw us win 3 trophies (one being when I was 4) yes the old firm are going to dominate winning cups but with the amount of semis and finals we've reached we should have a couple more in the bag at least.

The list of teams we've lost to at hampden is highly embarrassing.Consider yourself lucky . I`m 27 years older than you and can only add the 1972 LC to your list and people 10 years older than me will be the same . Memories like the 7 v 0 , Drybrough Cup wins and big European nights in 70s partly compensated . The Famous Five and great teams of late 60s and early 1970s didn`t reach many semis let alone finals compared with this century .

Stuart93
04-11-2023, 10:08 PM
Recruitment. Incredible our bench looks that bad because of a couple injuries.

We had more or less nothing to come on and change the game

flash
04-11-2023, 10:17 PM

Indeed. Our recruitment has been utterly shambolic recently.

Tyler Durden
04-11-2023, 10:34 PM

Recruitment.

I like these guys individually but Miller, Fish and Rocky should not be the majority of our back 4.

The first 2 in particular have likely been at fault for half of the goals we’ve conceded this season. If your model is to develop young players you need to accept they will make a lot of mistakes.

Throw in an experienced keeper who is abysmal.

We deserve better.

WhileTheChief..
04-11-2023, 10:41 PM
The amount of people on here, on various threads, kidding themselves on that this was a good performance, and we were "unlucky" (yet again!) is laughable.

Another game passes by where Vente was absolutely anonymous due to the lack of service, and another game where we can't ****ing defend when it matters.

Yup, we also keep hearing that NM is learning. After every crap result we hear the same excuses over and over. Been the same for a few years now.

We've always got to wait to see an improvement. Wait until Jan when he gets players in. Then it will be Jan is a crap month to get players in, wait until the summer!!

B.H.F.C
04-11-2023, 10:44 PM
Recruitment.

I like these guys individually but Miller, Fish and Rocky should not be the majority of our back 4.

The first 2 in particular have likely been at fault for half of the goals we’ve conceded this season. If your model is to develop young players you need to accept they will make a lot of mistakes.

Throw in an experienced keeper who is abysmal.

We deserve better.

Big problem for us is that, individually, there will be a case made for all our players. Collectively, they’re hopeless. Never been brought in with any coherent plan, they’re just a bunch of individuals and we hope that our decent (although they don’t look it just now) forward players will dig us out.

Heedersnvolleys
04-11-2023, 10:46 PM

The mentality of the club is still too weak - we also have the issue of awful recruitment - bringing on some of the younger players today just shows how far off we are.
You have had 2 posts that hint at what I think is wrong with us. We have far too many similar players so nothing is really going to surprise our opposition. Newell and Levitt are pretty similar. Jair, Boyle and Youan all pretty much the same. Could probably add Vente and LaFronde. Same plan to stop us no matter who we play. Not the players fault just the folk that recruited them

Pagan Hibernia
04-11-2023, 10:48 PM

We didn't even really have plenty of the ball. Aberdeen shaded possession according to the stats. Which considering they played woefully and had 23 minutes a man down is pretty embarrassing.

Smartie
04-11-2023, 10:52 PM

He's a tidy passer but we're yet to figure out how to use him properly. His contribution for the goal (not unlike one we lost at home to St Mirren earlier this season) was criminal. If he's knackered, can't run or can't be arsed making a tackle then he has no business finding himself being our last man at a critical point in the game. Yes, we had the ball and circumstances changed quickly but that can happen and we need to be prepared for it happening.

Jeggo can't come back into the side fast enough imo.

FC1875
04-11-2023, 11:17 PM
Since 2016 that's now 7 Semi Finals we've lost along with the 2 Finals we've lost.

Stokesy's on fire
04-11-2023, 11:18 PM
The match officials. Why do we seem to see Aberdeen gain so much from VAR? A fair few games involving them VAR has helped them out. Aberdeen are in the funny handshake club for sure.

Pagan Hibernia
04-11-2023, 11:47 PM
Since 2016 that's now 7 Semi Finals we've lost along with the 2 Finals we've lost.

Take it back to 2015 and we've lost 8 semi finals and 3 finals. The galling thing is that of those 11 that we've lost in the last eight years, only 3 of them were against old firm teams. And people are wondering why so many of us regularly lament the ingrained weak mentality of our club.

Zazu62
05-11-2023, 12:34 AM
The match officials. Why do we seem to see Aberdeen gain so much from VAR? A fair few games involving them VAR has helped them out. Aberdeen are in the funny handshake club for sure.

Maybe, but it was 11 against 10 men and they scored so taking officials and VAR out of the equation we crumbled

FC1875
05-11-2023, 01:33 AM
Take it back to 2015 and we've lost 8 semi finals and 3 finals. The galling thing is that of those 11 that we've lost in the last eight years, only 3 of them were against old firm teams. And people are wondering why so many of us regularly lament the ingrained weak mentality of our club.

Exactly. Fans accepting such a poor record is also part of the problem.

We shouldn't be accepting such a poor record at Hampden.

Forza Fred
05-11-2023, 05:03 AM
[QUOTE=FC1875;7502171]Exactly. Fans accepting such a poor record is also part of the problem.

We shouldn't be accepting such a poor record at Hampden.[/QUOTE

How do they refuse to accept the record……pretend it didn’t happen?

Stokesy's on fire
05-11-2023, 05:20 AM
Maybe, but it was 11 against 10 men and they scored so taking officials and VAR out of the equation we crumbled

We didnt crumble far from it.

neil7908
05-11-2023, 05:27 AM

Yup. This is a shocking return, especially when you look at the kind of teams we are losing against. I thought after 2016 we'd broken the curse and would start to see us pick up some silverware more consistently. But no.

Those stats are not normal. I believe in luck but not over 8 years when we've shot ourselves in the foot time and time again.

CentreLine
05-11-2023, 05:54 AM

Fair point but we have also made it to 8 semi and 3 finals. Not too many sides can boast that record either.

Johnny_Leith
05-11-2023, 06:21 AM
Fair point but we have also made it to 8 semi and 3 finals. Not too many sides can boast that record either.

We can only boast when winning the trophy, the other times are failures.

LaMotta
05-11-2023, 06:24 AM

You have no option other than to accept it. How does proclaiming you don't accept it help?!

Bobo
05-11-2023, 07:34 AM
We are a soft apologetic excuse of a club, far too nice and too worried about upsetting other clubs or what they might think.

More often than not we show very little grit,desire or determination to get a result and have very little mental strength to get the job done when it really matters.

Lesser teams will always get the better of us because they show more belief despite supposedly being underdogs.

It's been the same for decades and is an inherent flaw of our clubs' make up. It isn't going to change anytime soon unfortunately.

Brightside
05-11-2023, 07:36 AM
There are some utter belters on this thread. We got beat. It happens. Move on.

Brightside
05-11-2023, 07:38 AM
We can only boast when winning the trophy, the other times are failures.

Nonsense. Our aim is semi finals. So if anything we are over achieving.

Brightside
05-11-2023, 07:38 AM

Now it’s the fans fault. 😂😂

Brightside
05-11-2023, 07:39 AM
He's a tidy passer but we're yet to figure out how to use him properly. His contribution for the goal (not unlike one we lost at home to St Mirren earlier this season) was criminal. If he's knackered, can't run or can't be arsed making a tackle then he has no business finding himself being our last man at a critical point in the game. Yes, we had the ball and circumstances changed quickly but that can happen and we need to be prepared for it happening.

Jeggo can't come back into the side fast enough imo.

Levitt is miles ahead of Jeggo.

scoopyboy
05-11-2023, 07:41 AM

Nah, you'll have to explain that one to me.

I don't see how we are accepting anything or what on earth we could do about it.

MWHIBBIES
05-11-2023, 07:41 AM
Kensell

Does he employ himself?

Since90+2
05-11-2023, 07:43 AM
Nonsense. Our aim is semi finals. So if anything we are over achieving.

Surely that's meeting expectations then rather than over achieving.

MKHIBEE
05-11-2023, 07:45 AM
Dear Hibs
Our record in games at Hampden is abysmal.
I refuse to accept it.

There, that should do the trick

superfurryhibby
05-11-2023, 07:46 AM

It’s an abysmal record, but I suppose losing so many semi finals and finals takes away the fear of losing semi finals and finals :rolleyes:

We can point to Miller’s error, a player I like, but ffs, he needs to stop the nonsense and just play the game.

Playing Boyle up front is gash really, that’s the manager’s call.

Inflexible tactically, predictable in approach, that’s the manager’s call.

Bizarre substitutions, that’s the manager’s call.

In mitigation, Montgomery can only pick from what he has available. That said, he’s doing himself no favours. If he doesn’t change then he’ll fail and fail quickly.

LaMotta
05-11-2023, 07:48 AM
Dear Hibs
I refuse to accept it.

:hilarious

SChibs
05-11-2023, 07:50 AM
I like Levitt but having just seen their goal back now he could have done so much more there. He slows right down and gives Miovski a chance to have a shot unopposed but if he had kept sprinting back he may have got a foot in. Miovski was obviously going to shoot so why not slide in and at least try to block it

DIXIHIBS
05-11-2023, 07:54 AM

Who's accepting anything? Stupid comment. People moaning about the amount of finals/semis we have lost in the last 20 years....try being a fan in the 80/90s, we would have loved to have been at Hampden so many times. If you cant stand the pain....support someone else.

Brightside
05-11-2023, 07:56 AM
It’s an abysmal record, but I suppose losing so many semi finals and finals takes away the fear of losing semi finals and finals :rolleyes:

We can point to Miller’s error, a player I like, but ffs, he needs to stop the nonsense and just play the game.

Playing Boyle up front is gash really, that’s the manager’s call.

Inflexible tactically, predictable in approach, that’s the manager’s call.

Bizarre substitutions, that’s the manager’s call.

In mitigation, Montgomery can only pick from what he has available. That said, he’s doing himself no favours. If he doesn’t change then he’ll fail and fail quickly.

We didn’t have anothe fit striker. So it was a good call. And he scored. What subs were bizarre. Are people still drunk.

Chorley Hibee
05-11-2023, 08:03 AM
I like Levitt but having just seen their goal back now he could have done so much more there. He slows right down and gives Miovski a chance to have a shot unopposed but if he had kept sprinting back he may have got a foot in. Miovski was obviously going to shoot so why not slide in and at least try to block it

Marshall's attempt at narrowing the angle, making himself as big as possible and pathetic attempt at actually stopping the shot, are equally as crap.

He's an absolute waste of space in goal.

B.H.F.C
05-11-2023, 08:04 AM
There are some utter belters on this thread. We got beat. It happens. Move on.

I think the frequency of the defeats is an issue here. Or, lately, the frequent inability to win is maybe more accurate.

B.H.F.C
05-11-2023, 08:06 AM
Marshall's attempt at narrowing the angle, making himself as big as possible and pathetic attempt at actually stopping the shot, are equally as crap.

He rarely makes a save of note. Last night showed why, he didn’t do anything to try and make it difficult for the striker.

Stokesy's on fire
05-11-2023, 08:08 AM
He rarely makes a save of note. Last night showed why, he didn’t do anything to try and make it difficult for the striker.

Made a massive one against celtic

MWHIBBIES
05-11-2023, 08:15 AM

Everyone wanted him back in. He is utter *****. Cannot save anything.

Pagan Hibernia
05-11-2023, 08:16 AM
Dear Hibs
I refuse to accept it.

:faf:

Fair play, that did make me laugh

Pagan Hibernia
05-11-2023, 08:21 AM
Who's accepting anything? Stupid comment. People moaning about the amount of finals/semis we have lost in the last 20 years....try being a fan in the 80/90s, we would have loved to have been at Hampden so many times. If you cant stand the pain....support someone else.

This is a forum. People are allowed to moan after crushing disappointments like last night.

Go and support someone else if you dont like it is not and will never be an appropriate response.

superfurryhibby
05-11-2023, 08:22 AM
We didn’t have anothe fit striker. So it was a good call. And he scored. What subs were bizarre. Are people still drunk.

Who scored.:rolleyes:

All you do on here is make smart arsed comments, you have no insights to offer. The worst kind of arrogance.

DIXIHIBS
05-11-2023, 08:41 AM
This is a forum. People are allowed to moan after crushing disappointments like last night.

Go and support someone else if you dont like it is not and will never be an appropriate response.

Of course people are allowed to moan. I was as pi$$ed off as anyone else, but this "hibs fans just accept defeat" nonsense...what does that even mean? Does shouting sack the manager after yesterday mean youre somehow not accepting it? Ffs we would be sacking a manager every couple of weeks if it was up to some. Some fans need a reality check sometimes. Someone said on our bus yesterday that we have been to Hampden 21 times since 2000. If true its about double our nearest rivals outside old firm, but thats not acceptable to some. Absolutely we let ourselves down far too often but what exactly are the fans meant to do about that? Demonstrate outside the main stand after every defeat?? Rant over.:flag:

GreenCastle
05-11-2023, 08:53 AM

Putting x16 year olds on to win a game was a bad shout. They looked like they were nervous and felt like we were playing with 9 players when both came on.

Hanlon would offer more aerial threat from crosses and Stevenson could have even played at right back.

We haven't got a single older youth player at the club who could have come on instead of them with a little more experience?

Something isn't working with our Academy and felt like Monty was putting on youth to show folk he doesn't care how old you are you can play but at that moment in a semi final it wasn't the right time - compared to a home game when we are winning etc and less pressure.

LewysGot2
05-11-2023, 09:08 AM
Putting x16 year olds on to win a game was a bad shout. They looked like they were nervous and felt like we were playing with 9 players who both came on.

Hanlon would offer more aerial threat from crosses and Stevenson could have even played at right back.

We haven't got a single older youth player at the club who could have come on instead of them with a little more experience?

Something isn't working with our Academy and felt like Monty was putting on youth to show folk he doesn't care how old you are you can play but at that moment in a semi final it wasn't the right time - compared to a home game when we are winning etc and less pressure.

The older ones are all out on loan pretty much. And by all accounts doing well. Blaney and Megwa getting good reviews, winning MotM awards and PotM awards. Hopefully they can come back more ready for first team experience. I have to say of all the youth players he had on the bench, I'd have thought Molotnikov a better bet. He has a bit of swagger, is physically brave and, for example, showed well in early season against the likes of Blackpool.
However, he could have pushed Obita into left wing had he brought on Stevenson or Hanlon and shoving Rocky up top
...just bizarre. Aberdeen are equipped to lap that move up.

Brightside
05-11-2023, 09:14 AM
Who scored.:rolleyes:

All you do on here is make smart arsed comments, you have no insights to offer. The worst kind of arrogance.

Stop being a baby. Provide something other than just moaning all the time.

Allant1981
05-11-2023, 09:20 AM
Putting x16 year olds on to win a game was a bad shout. They looked like they were nervous and felt like we were playing with 9 players when both came on.

They didn't look nervous at all and didn't look like we had 9 at all, personally I would have kept vente on, if he really wanted another striker on then take a defender off, Aberdeen weren't pressing at that point

Eyrie
05-11-2023, 09:25 AM
They didn't look nervous at all and didn't look like we had 9 at all, personally I would have kept vente on, if he really wanted another striker on then take a defender off, Aberdeen weren't pressing at that point

Agreed.

The 90 minutes were almost up so I'm sure Vente could have given us the rest of the game when we were desperate for a goal. If we'd got an equaliser then a decision could be made about whether he would last the extra time.

Brightside
05-11-2023, 09:37 AM

Correct.

WhileTheChief..
05-11-2023, 09:40 AM
We're no further forward than the day STF sold us.

I'm not that fussed about what's been done behind the scenes, for the most part the football has been crap.

We've had one good season under Jack Ross before they ripped everything up, telling us how we were doing it all wrong. Doubt anything will change until we get new owners.

GreenCastle
05-11-2023, 09:44 AM

We can disagree but doubt Aberdeen were worried when they saw 2 kids coming on to win the game.

Ok the young players didn't have much time to do anything but Hanlon would have been a better choice for crosses / headers.

Also add in our own players like wary of passing them the ball a few times.

I'm not writing the Hibs kids off but come on 16 years old with minimal experience. I remember a young Kenny Miller come on for Hibs and you could tell with his pace and quality he had something but not sure what the young players even contributed in the 10 mins they were on the pitch.

Think we all agree Vente shouldn't have come off - again psychologically a boost for Aberdeen.

superfurryhibby
05-11-2023, 10:16 AM
Stop being a baby. Provide something other than just moaning all the time.

Utter tripe, as usual.

I offered my view, I don't come on here and rant/moan very often. You just have a beef because I've taken you to task on some of your snidey comments before.

How about you gift us lesser mortals the benefit of your awesome knowledge and insight?

I'll not hold my breath

Kato
05-11-2023, 12:26 PM

We shouldn't be accepting such a poor record at Hampden.Is that you off to support another team then?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

hhibs
05-11-2023, 12:31 PM

Trying not to be unkind but Marshall is finished and a complete liability and that has been clear almost from his initial signing.

It is beyond belief he is still getting a game,Boruc had to have been a better choice even when Wallicot was injured and Johnson has had rave reviews so it is not because we had no alternatives.

Donegal Hibby
05-11-2023, 12:48 PM
So far in our club the blame is on Monty , Marshall , Levitt , Miller ! Have a missed anyone else that is to be blamed for yesterday btw ? 🤔

DIXIHIBS
05-11-2023, 12:58 PM
So far in our club the blame is on Monty , Marshall , Levitt , Miller ! Have a missed anyone else that is to be blamed for yesterday btw ? 🤔

Petrie...Heckingbottom....Ross.....

Iain G
05-11-2023, 01:00 PM
Jesus? The tooth fairy? Ed Sheeran? Rod Petrie's Moustache?

Why does there need to be someone to blame ?

Islington Hibs
05-11-2023, 01:13 PM
Blame is not a constructive word. Hibs played well yesterday in MHO and were robbed by a joke of a VAR decision and the missed penalty award plus possibly a foul leading up to their goal.

I get we lost but really that game was a miscarriage of justice and while not the finished article a decent performance.

Far far too soon to examine Monty- this blame culture is killing our club and making it even harder to succeed.

DIXIHIBS
05-11-2023, 01:14 PM
Blame is not a constructive word. Hibs played well yesterday in MHO and were robbed by a joke of a VAR decision and the missed penalty award plus possibly a foul leading up to their goal.

I get we lost but really that game was a miscarriage of justice and while not the finished article a decent performance.

Far far too soon to examine Monty- this blame culture is killing our club and making it even harder to succeed.

Good post.:agree:

B.H.F.C
05-11-2023, 01:23 PM

I agree on the point about it being far too early for that kind of chat around Monty. But totally disagree on the miscarriage of justice chat. Our failings cost us last night, there wasn’t anything unlucky about them.

flash
05-11-2023, 01:31 PM

Moronic drivel.