PDA

View Full Version : Goalie for the weekend

HFCbingo
31-10-2023, 09:00 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Marshall is back due to his experience and today's horror show from Wollacot.

Hibernian Verse
31-10-2023, 09:01 PM
I know a guy at fives that id trust

Bostonhibby
31-10-2023, 09:02 PM
Conrad Logan or Tubby Morton if he has kept his fitness up in the intervening 50 odd years.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

eastmainsmsh
31-10-2023, 09:10 PM
Has to be Marshall back

staunchhibby
31-10-2023, 09:15 PM
Should be no doubt which keeper plays on Saturday after that show tonight

Brooster
31-10-2023, 09:19 PM
Boruc is the best goalie at the club followed by Marshall. I'd forget about Wollacott.

Mcbizz1998
31-10-2023, 09:20 PM
Marshall probs. At least he comes for crosses and has some presence. Neither are good enough though.

Diclonius
31-10-2023, 09:23 PM
Has to be Marshall really.

TrinityHFC
31-10-2023, 09:23 PM
Marshall.

HendoDelivered
31-10-2023, 09:24 PM
Boruc is the best goalie at the club followed by Marshall. I'd forget about Wollacott.

This

JohnM1875
31-10-2023, 09:25 PM

I actually agree.

LewysGot2
31-10-2023, 09:26 PM
I mean, that was just awful. Marshall first name on the sheet on Saturday. He might be old and not the player he was but he's twice the player Wollocott will ever be.

FC1875
31-10-2023, 09:28 PM
Has to be Marshall.

FC1875
31-10-2023, 09:30 PM
We should have kept Dabrowski.

bingo70
31-10-2023, 09:31 PM
I thought Wollacot was alright apart from the one mistake for their goal?

Better goalies than him will make the odd mistake. Really good save in the second half I thought.

TrinityHFC
31-10-2023, 09:32 PM

No, we probably should have brought in keepers who would have been better than we had. Not convinced by any of our three. Kevin was no better.

Crab apple
31-10-2023, 09:32 PM

Agree 100%.

Hibees1973
31-10-2023, 09:34 PM
It will be Marshall, barring injury.

If anyone thinks otherwise they are deluded.

Tyler Durden
31-10-2023, 09:36 PM
Aside from the first goal - obviously it’s a massive blunder - I thought Wollacott played pretty well.

Made some good saves at 2-2 and his distribution was better than Marshall’s. Pinged a great ball to Stevenson at 2-0 and he gives it away for the millionth time and seconds later the ball is in our net.

Not sure I’d write him off so quickly.

Pretty Boy
31-10-2023, 09:38 PM
It was always going to be Marshall. Nothing that happened tonight will have changed that.

Wollacott had a really good save from the header at the corner at 2-2 but his starting position for the save from the free kick that led to it was appalling. The goalkeeping coach (can't remember his name) was going absolutely nuts on the touchline waving at him to take steps forward.

kiwihibby
31-10-2023, 09:41 PM

100% agree with you. Massive mistake to have let Dabrowski go.

hhibs
31-10-2023, 10:13 PM

Always performed well and under very pressurised circumstances,cannot say that about our other keepers,Johnson excepted

darwenhibby
31-10-2023, 10:28 PM
Horror show for the first goal from Wollacott
I did think his footwork was good
Would Marshall even come for that cross??
Still furious with Stevenson for playing that inside ball
But it should have been stopped before the cross got into the box
At the moment we don’t have a good experienced keeper
Boruc plenty confidence would you take a chance on him??

wookie70
31-10-2023, 10:39 PM
Boruc is the best goalie at the club followed by Marshall. I'd forget about Wollacott. Not a huge amount of evidence so far but that would be my thoughts too. Wollacott looks a flapper, Marshall looks like the years have caught up a Boruc has not done much wrong and looks like he could be the best of the three

Nicho87
31-10-2023, 10:48 PM
Criminal that you change a goalie when gets a clean sheet against a free scoring Celtic

From not a massive Marshall fan

Goalie tonight done himself no favours at all regardless how good he can ping a ball out with his right peg

MWHIBBIES
01-11-2023, 04:33 AM
Marshall - chucking them in for a year

Wollacot - 1 error

Hard choice

Made up for his error with a couple of excellent saves imo. Marshall is hopeless.

J-C
01-11-2023, 05:13 AM
Wollacot showed me nothing last night to suggest he's our no.1, he looked a bag of nerves and the howler for their 1st said it all.

SickBoy32
01-11-2023, 07:19 AM
No way can Wollacott start at Hampden

He was absolutely awful last night

hibee-boys
01-11-2023, 07:27 AM
Positives were his distribution, looked comfortable on the ball. His error caused the OG and was lucky to get away with another fumble in the 2nd half. Marshall had a good day vs Celtic so he goes back in for Saturday.

.Sean.
01-11-2023, 07:31 AM
Has to be Marshall and I’ve not been his biggest fan at all this year.

Wolacott was very shaky, and totally at fault for the first goal too.

Northernhibee
01-11-2023, 07:35 AM
Wollacott was Zibi-esque last night. Heart in the mouth any time the ball went near the penalty area.

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-11-2023, 07:38 AM
Has to be Marshall. If nothing else, he has big game experience.

Gatecrasher
01-11-2023, 07:42 AM
Agree with it being Marshall, Wallacott made a few good saves but also looked a bit shaky. He might well come good but still no idea why we bought him to be honest. We seem to have plenty of goalies.

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2023, 08:50 AM

I have not seen much of Boruc, but i remember you telling us Porteous was the best Centre half we had at the club before he was even getting a game, so it would not surprise me if you are right again with the keeper.

Shrekko
02-11-2023, 09:27 AM
I'm worried about Wollacot after his terrible blunder but must say I'm surprised that folk are saying he had an overall nightmare. His distribution was outstanding and he looked quite sharp until the goal. Also redeemed himself slightly with a couple of good saves - not convinced Marshall gets that 2nd one.

It's a disgrace that finding a proven top keeper wasn't priority number 1 this summer.

Unseen work
02-11-2023, 09:49 AM
I'm worried about Wollacot after his terrible blunder but must say I'm surprised that folk are saying he had an overall nightmare. His distribution was outstanding and he looked quite sharp until the goal. Also redeemed himself slightly with a couple of good saves - not convinced Marshall gets that 2nd one.

It's a disgrace that finding a proven top keeper wasn't priority number 1 this summer.

Exactly, he had a really good game outwith the obvious mistake in what was his first start for months.

Some of his passes out from the back were brilliant.

The criticism is way over the top

Stokesy's on fire
02-11-2023, 10:00 AM
Murray Johnson deserves a chance but maybe not in this game. But he has in my opinion been overlooked too often

Since452
02-11-2023, 10:06 AM
I'm surprised people are writing Wolacott off after one game. People have been desperate for Marshall to be dropped for ages. He plays Wolacott and now people don't want to see him in a Hibs shirt again?

GreenPJ
02-11-2023, 10:06 AM

Based on what?

JimBHibees
02-11-2023, 10:20 AM
I'm surprised people are writing Wolacott off after one game. People have been desperate for Marshall to be dropped for ages. He plays Wolacott and now people don't want to see him in a Hibs shirt again?

Yes absolutely bonkers

hibsbollah
02-11-2023, 10:46 AM

Agree, he made some tremendous pings out wide (two in particular that Ederson would have been proud of) and looked confident coming for things predominantly. He misjudged at the goal, as all keepers do from time to time , from Goram to Zibi. I’d stick with him. We have a lot more evidence that Marshall is a liability than we do on this guy.

Onceinawhile
02-11-2023, 11:50 AM
Maybe we could get adin hill over from our good friends the Las Vegas golden knights?

DH1875
02-11-2023, 12:07 PM
I've been more impressed with Boruc out of the 3 of them but that isn't saying much. No chance he is starting on Saturday.

HIBS NUTS
02-11-2023, 12:26 PM

I would agree, but probably on Saturday I would go with experience, and play Marshal.
Any news on Murray Johnstone, I still think he will be our future keeper.

Mcbizz1998
02-11-2023, 12:28 PM
I've been more impressed with Boruc out of the 3 of them but that isn't saying much. No chance he is starting on Saturday.

Agree, he has looked like he has a presence, mainly due to his size. Wollacott looks tiny and unimposing, reminds me of Andy McNeil in that regard.

I really hope we bring Boruc through. I can't remember the last time Hibs promoted a young keeper. We tend to just have them in reserve for years on end before eventually releasing them.

Stubbsy90+2
02-11-2023, 12:29 PM

Boruc has age on his side but from what I’ve seen of him he’s played 127 minutes, conceded 3 goals and could have done better with 2 of them. Not howlers by any means, but he should have done better with the Livi 2nd and 3rd imo. I don’t think he’s the answer at this point in time.

Centre Hawf
02-11-2023, 12:30 PM
I think it's premature to say Boruc is the best of the three. I wouldn't be for starting him on Saturday but I wouldn't be against seeing some more of him before this season is over as I suspect that Marsh will call it quits next summer.

I'd stick with Marsh on Saturday as despite a lot of his issues he's still an experienced safer head.

ekhibee
02-11-2023, 12:37 PM
Positives were his distribution, looked comfortable on the ball. His error caused the OG and was lucky to get away with another fumble in the 2nd half. Marshall had a good day vs Celtic so he goes back in for Saturday.

I would say it was Stevenson's error for the OG. He kept on passing inside to players who were being heavily marked and he did it there.

HIBS NUTS
02-11-2023, 12:58 PM
I would say it was Stevenson's error for the OG. He kept on passing inside to players who were being heavily marked and he did it there.

I don’t think many would agree with that, goalie came out like superman and was nowhere near punching a long cross ball.
Bad mistake, but the defending in the last 15 minutes, was terrible from the whole team.
I

JimBHibees
02-11-2023, 01:10 PM

Boruc has looked ropey with the ball at his feet. Had a clearance like one of my golf drives in the derby.

JimBHibees
02-11-2023, 01:11 PM

Combination of horrible mistakes an under 10 team would struggle to match.

SickBoy32
02-11-2023, 01:37 PM

Well aye - a howler on your debut will have that effect

Personally would feel a lot more comfortable with Marshall for the game at Hampden, especially after a good performance vs Celtic at the weekend

Stubbsy90+2
02-11-2023, 01:54 PM
I could have sworn I read Montgomery saying Marshall would be back in?

Tyler Durden
02-11-2023, 02:25 PM

Stevenson definitely contributed. He had a pass completion of 60% the other night. He's really been abysmal all season. Doesn't stop crosses, scared to cross the ball himself and now giving the ball away continually (something he's never been guilty of in the past).

He's done.

MWHIBBIES
02-11-2023, 02:34 PM
I have not seen much of Boruc, but i remember you telling us Porteous was the best Centre half we had at the club before he was even getting a game, so it would not surprise me if you are right again with the keeper.

That was utter pish though, we still had Ambrose and McGregor in their prime.

Northernhibee
02-11-2023, 02:43 PM
I've probably been quite harsh on Wollacott - his mistake was catastrophic and his positioning was poor at set pieces, but he did make a couple of good saves.

Marshall gets the gloves at the weekend for me, but Wollacott should get a chance to make up for his error in the future.

Since90+2
02-11-2023, 03:07 PM
It'll be Marshall.

Crunchie
02-11-2023, 04:16 PM
Unbelievable eh? He was solid enough on Tuesday night bar 1 mistake which sadly cost us a goal. They've been screaming for Marshal to be dropped for weeks/months :confused:, it about sums up the modern day supporter for me.

marinello59
02-11-2023, 04:17 PM
It'll be Marshall.

Yeap. Was always going to be Marshall.

Johnny_Leith
02-11-2023, 04:19 PM
Boruc has age on his side but from what I’ve seen of him he’s played 127 minutes, conceded 3 goals and could have done better with 2 of them. Not howlers by any means, but he should have done better with the Livi 2nd and 3rd imo. I don’t think he’s the answer at this point in time.

Tbf livis third goal was an absolute thunder******* was it no?

JimBHibees
02-11-2023, 04:36 PM

Yep a rocket from what i remember not that i particularly want to remember it :greengrin

Stubbsy90+2
02-11-2023, 05:22 PM

I don’t think his positioning was great. When you see it from behind the guys 25 yards out in the middle of the pitch and Boruc is about 80% of the way over to his right hand corner. He’s also about 10 yards out his goals. It looks to me like he completely lost his bearings. Like I said, not a howler but he shouldn’t be letting that in imo.

Brooster
02-11-2023, 06:45 PM
Based on what?

Based on what I've seen at all levels this season. It's my opinion.

3pm
02-11-2023, 06:59 PM
Based on what I've seen at all levels this season. It's my opinion.

Don Corlegoalie! 😂😘

MKHIBEE
02-11-2023, 07:08 PM
He said he would be fit and ready to play

A Hi-Bee
02-11-2023, 07:09 PM
Dont care as long as he can save penalties.
:greengrin

MrRobot
02-11-2023, 07:11 PM

:agree:

He made one mistake and people are already saying forget about him. He hadn’t played in months!

His mistake was really poor but he made a couple of good saves to stop us losing in the end and his distribution was really good.

Billy Whizz
02-11-2023, 07:34 PM
:agree:

He made one mistake and people are already saying forget about him. He hadn’t played in months!

His mistake was really poor but he made a couple of good saves to stop us losing in the end and his distribution was really good.

I agree. It was a ball Marshall wouldn’t have come for, so maybe our defence were caught out
Thought his speed and execution of distribution was excellent

Keith_M
02-11-2023, 07:43 PM
I'm not confident either way.

Heisenberg
02-11-2023, 08:00 PM

He did. Said something about resting him during the week because of injuries or fitness issues this season I think.