PDA

View Full Version : Ref for the semi

percy veer
30-10-2023, 05:16 PM
You guessed it Beaton, walsh for his employers on sunday

Steven79
30-10-2023, 05:18 PM
You guessed it Beaton, walsh for his employers on sundayAberdeen v Rangers final it is then....

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Donegal Hibby
30-10-2023, 05:25 PM
Beyond a joke at this stage ! .

CapitalGreen
30-10-2023, 05:27 PM
Aberdeen v Rangers final it is then....

Why would Beaton favour Aberdeen over us?

Steven79
30-10-2023, 05:45 PM
Why would Beaton favour Aberdeen over us?He seems to hate us for some reason.

Never seem to get any decisions.

Scottie
30-10-2023, 06:06 PM
Because he’s a c@@t

CapitalGreen
30-10-2023, 06:25 PM
He seems to hate us for some reason.

Never seem to get any decisions.

We are unbeaten in games he’s refereed back to the start of last season - 4 wins and a draw.

SChibs
30-10-2023, 06:33 PM
These threads are always full of old firm - like paranoia. Bet every club in the league has referee threads on their forum with everyone talking about the refs being out to get them.

JohnM1875
30-10-2023, 06:40 PM
These threads are always full of old firm - like paranoia. Bet every club in the league has referee threads on their forum with everyone talking about the refs being out to get them.

Yup. Just goes to show the standard of referee in our league is absolutely abysmal though. Not one of them is good enough.

Donegal Hibby
30-10-2023, 06:52 PM
Walsh is associated to Sevco through is work , Beaton was supposed to be in a sticky bun pub after an old firm game jollying it up a few years back with them as well as some of the really bizarre decision they have given generally in favour of sevco over the years probably has made me doubt that both are actually neutral when it comes to taking charge of games involving Sevco . Both should be nowhere near either semi final imo .

Hibby Bairn
30-10-2023, 06:58 PM
We are unbeaten in games he’s refereed back to the start of last season - 4 wins and a draw.

Can't beat a decent fact check 👍

CapitalGreen
30-10-2023, 07:08 PM
Walsh is associated to Sevco through is work , Beaton was supposed to be in a sticky bun pub after an old firm game jollying it up a few years back with them as well as some of the really bizarre decision they have given generally in favour of sevco over the years probably has made me doubt that both are actually neutral when it comes to taking charge of games involving Sevco . Both should be nowhere near either semi final imo .

We aren’t playing Rangers!?

Regardless, we have a 50% win percentage in games against Rangers when Beaton is referee. Which is pretty good when you consider our historical win % against rangers is 17.5%.

flash
30-10-2023, 07:12 PM

He wouldn't.

Donegal Hibby
30-10-2023, 07:20 PM
We aren’t playing Rangers!?

Yes that's true though there's a good chance the winner will be though ! .

Eyrie
30-10-2023, 07:34 PM

Because the winner of our game will play Sevco in the final.

CapitalGreen
30-10-2023, 07:37 PM
Because the winner of our game will play Sevco in the final.

So you reckon Beaton would rather Rangers play the final against a team that beat them 3-1 a few weeks ago rather than a team they pumped 4-0 last week?

HoboHarry
30-10-2023, 08:09 PM
Sevco/Beaton won't be worried about which Scottish team they are up against. One off results count for nothing, if Sevco show up on the day they will beat any team other than perhaps Celtic.

Hibees1973
30-10-2023, 09:11 PM
I remember the League Cup Final against Celtic a couple of years back when we got beat 2-1.

Fair enough, Celtic were the better team but Beaton gave us absolutely nowt in that game.

Almost feels like being a goal down at the start on Saturday.

LewysGot2
30-10-2023, 09:14 PM
Oh well, he won't get the final then.

JimBHibees
31-10-2023, 05:52 AM
So you reckon Beaton would rather Rangers play the final against a team that beat them 3-1 a few weeks ago rather than a team they pumped 4-0 last week?

Very valid point. :greengrin

Hibernian Verse
31-10-2023, 06:54 AM
I remember the League Cup Final against Celtic a couple of years back when we got beat 2-1.

Fair enough, Celtic were the better team but Beaton gave us absolutely nowt in that game.

Almost feels like being a goal down at the start on Saturday.

Should've had two pens. IIRC McGinn was banned after the game for stating facts to the media.

matty_f
31-10-2023, 07:07 AM
Our game will be the first time that a semi final not involving Rangers will see a penalty awarded…to Rangers.

Donegal Hibby
31-10-2023, 08:41 AM

The team they pumped 4-0 last week also beat the team that beat them 3-1 on there own patch quite comfortably too. Just saying like .

CapitalGreen
31-10-2023, 08:53 AM
The team they pumped 4-0 last week also beat the team that beat them 3-1 on there own patch quite comfortably too. Just saying like .

So you’ll accept there is no reason for Beaton to favour either Aberdeen our ourselves?

Donegal Hibby
31-10-2023, 09:25 AM
So you’ll accept there is no reason for Beaton to favour either Aberdeen our ourselves?

Other than our history and we play in green , no I don't think so! . If most Hibees are cool with Beaton or Walsh refereeing
our games that's fine mate . I've never actually been comfortable with either tbh as I'm convinced they are both bluenoses and I'd rather anyone else tbh . Walsh definitely shouldn't be taking charge of the hertz game with his association to Sevco . All been planned rather nicely though.

SChibs
31-10-2023, 01:05 PM
Other than our history and we play in green , no I don't think! . If most Hibees are cool with Beaton or Walsh refereeing
our games that's fine mate . I've never actually been comfortable with either tbh as I'm convinced they are both bluenoses and I'd rather anyone else tbh . Walsh definitely shouldn't be taking charge of the hertz game with his association to Sevco . All been planned rather nicely though.

Has John Beaton really favoured Rangers over us in the games we've played against them? I seem to remember him sending off Ryan Jack when we beat them at Ibrox when he clearly could have just given a yellow

Mick O'Rourke
31-10-2023, 01:12 PM
Should've had two pens. IIRC McGinn was banned after the game for stating facts to the media.
The expression on his face in this photo.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12500419/hibernians-paul-mcginn-hits-out-at-inept-refereeing-after-celtic-defeat

My caption would have been......
"Who do you think you are talking too,McGinn?"

Whatever his stats are in his reffing our games,you could argue he cost us a good chance at a trophy.
Paul certanly thought so .....and said so.!

We got beaten by Beaton !

Donegal Hibby
31-10-2023, 01:55 PM
Has John Beaton really favoured Rangers over us in the games we've played against them? I seem to remember him sending off Ryan Jack when we beat them at Ibrox when he clearly could have just given a yellow

Penalty to Sevco at ER when it was 0-0 right at the end of the game I think , Porto stuck out a leg though Kent was on the way down before contact was made . Reaction afterwards from Beaton was bizarre as he was laughing while pointing to the penalty spot ! .

Last year Walsh , Hibs 2-1 up at Ibrox and Sevco player blatantly handles the ball , everyone sees it is a stonewall penalty apart from Walsh and var though ! .

Been other incidents in games involving these two imo .

There's quite a few Scottish referees that get things wrong because there not very good , think there's more to it than Beaton and Walsh just being poor though . Hate seeing either In charge of our games TBH .

Mick O'Rourke
31-10-2023, 03:25 PM
Penalty to Sevco at ER when it was 0-0 right at the end of the game I think , Porto stuck out a leg though Kent was on the way down before contact was made . Reaction afterwards from Beaton was bizarre as he was laughing while pointing to the penalty spot ! .

Last year Walsh , Hibs 2-1 up at Ibrox and Sevco player blatantly handles the ball , everyone sees it is a stonewall penalty apart from Walsh and var though ! .

Been other incidents in games involving these two imo .

There's quite a few Scottish referees that get things wrong because there not very good , think there's more to it than Beaton and Walsh just being poor though . Hate seeing either In charge of our games TBH .

Rather than delving into which teams our senior refs supported or watched as kids, i use to have the notion that a lot of them were feart of the sevconian supporters, particulary if the resided in areas awash with them.

Excuse the use of the word awash:greengrin

ancient hibee
31-10-2023, 03:36 PM
Every referee in Scotland is biased against every club in Scotland according to supporters of every club in Scotland.They’re not -they’re just hopeless.Too much OF type paranoia on this thread.

HoboHarry
31-10-2023, 04:00 PM
Every referee in Scotland is biased against every club in Scotland according to supporters of every club in Scotland.They’re not -they’re just hopeless.Too much OF type paranoia on this thread.
Being a hopeless group is what's bound to happen if the choice is restricted to two associations in Scotland. The top level referees are the best of a very small bunch whereas they should be the best from the entire country.

JimBHibees
02-11-2023, 06:23 AM
Rather than delving into which teams our senior refs supported or watched as kids, i use to have the notion that a lot of them were feart of the sevconian supporters, particulary if the resided in areas awash with them.

Excuse the use of the word awash:greengrin

Absolutely a factor and even more of a factor that only refs from areas which are awash with them referee in the top league. Scandalous to be honest.

erin go bragh
02-11-2023, 06:48 AM
You guessed it Beaton, walsh for his employers on sunday
As he is a currant bun, could be very generous to us for a change.

The Harp Awakes
02-11-2023, 08:00 AM

When Beaton has refereed Rangers games over the last 6 years, he has given 9 penalties & 3 red cards, with every single one of those decisions in favour of the Ibrox side.

Is that just a coincidence?

JimBHibees
02-11-2023, 10:14 AM
As he is a currant bun, could be very generous to us for a change.

Wouldn’t bank on it

percy veer
02-11-2023, 11:30 AM

Ryan kent pen at easter road could not wait to give it, think it was the same game we had a attacking throw in last minute and one of the first if not the only time he gave a foul to rangers as we moved further up the line.