Hanlon
Obita

Jeggo
Levitt
Newall

Youan
Vente
Boyle.

Agree with that team. Left centre half and left back up for debate to be fair but it’s much of a muchness whoever you play IMO.

Need to get Levitt in the team now for me.

Nicho87
22-10-2023, 01:56 PM
Walicott

Miller
Fish
Bushiri
Stevenson

Levitt
Campbell
Newell

Boyle
Doidge
Youan

Since452
22-10-2023, 02:16 PM
Wollacot and Rocky in for Marshall and Hanlon. 451 or 541 formation. Need to be stuffy and difficult to beat.

sauzeelegod
22-10-2023, 02:36 PM
343/541 Diamond

Wollacott

Fish
Rocky
Hanlon

Miller
Levitt
Jeggo
Newell
Obita

Boyle

Vente

But we will play 442 and we will get scudded.

LaMotta
22-10-2023, 02:40 PM
Wollacott (it's time.)

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Obita

Jeggo
Levitt
Newall

Youan
Vente
Boyle.

Levitt has to come in somehow. :agree:

Stuart93
22-10-2023, 02:43 PM
He’ll go with a 442.

Tambo
22-10-2023, 03:02 PM
Wollacott

Miller
Fish
Rocky
Stevenson

Whittaker
Jeggo/Levitt
Newell
Obita

Boyle/Youan
Vente

Wollacott

Rocky
Fish
Hanlon

Miller
Jeggo
Levitt
Newell
Obita

Boyle/Youan
Vente

B.H.F.C
22-10-2023, 03:05 PM
He’ll go with a 442.

He probably will and I wouldn’t.

But you get the feeling that any negative result or poor performance now is going to be down to the fact we play a 442 rather than the fact we just have some pish players and aren’t very good, irrespective of the formation.

Last couple of times we’ve beaten Celtic at ER we’ve done so playing a 442, albeit a bit of a variation on what we’ve been seeing just now. Ultimately we can talk about formations all day but if we make the same defensive mistakes as we’ve been making all season it won’t matter a toss.

ancient hibee
22-10-2023, 03:17 PM
Don’t think the formation is the problem. For the last few seasons opponents have driven through our midfield regardless of the numbers there without much resistance. Runners have come right through the centre to arrive untracked in our box.Numerous photos of midfielders scoring against us totally unopposed show the problem which has not been dealt with.This continues not helped by our goalie seemingly incapable of saving a shot from any part of the park.

Hibernia&Alba
22-10-2023, 04:21 PM
He’ll go with a 442.

Hope not. Not an attacking 442 anyway. It would leave us wide open again, and we can’t defend well enough to do that.

H18 SFR
22-10-2023, 04:25 PM
A huge part of a successful result against them will be our ability to tactically foul them. Once they get moving they will stretch our defence with ease.

Tully
23-10-2023, 02:36 PM
Hopefully harbottle gets a game, not as if he’s not played senior football 30 odd games for Mansfield plus a few goals, played fine against raith rovers, not his fault Johnson made him a scapegoat at right back against Livingston

Hibernian Verse
23-10-2023, 03:14 PM
Hopefully harbottle gets a game, not as if he’s not played senior football 30 odd games for Mansfield plus a few goals, played fine against raith rovers, not his fault Johnson made him a scapegoat at right back against Livingston

Might be a bit different against Kyogo compared to Jamie Gullan. Not the right game for him and could completely crush his confidence before he's even got started.

SickBoy32
23-10-2023, 03:46 PM
Marshall

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Levitt
Newell
Youan

Doidge
Vente

LaMotta
23-10-2023, 04:30 PM

Harbottle is the new Fabian Yantorno:greengrin

Tully
23-10-2023, 04:56 PM
Harbottle is the new Fabian Yantorno:greengrin

In what way ?

Gmack7
23-10-2023, 04:58 PM
As bad as we were on Saturday I'm hoping Levitt for ALF is the only change.
Monty must set them up differently as celtic are a much better side than the rangers

Unseen work
23-10-2023, 05:04 PM
…………………Marshall………….

Miller……Fish……Hanlon……Stevenson…..

Boyle……Levitt….Newell….Obita…..

…………….Youan…..Vente…..

Youan and Vente taking dropping into the deepest Celtic midfielder when they have possession

Donegal Hibby
23-10-2023, 05:11 PM
Marshall.

Miller.
Fish .
Rocky .
Stevenson.

Boyle .
Jeggo .
Newell.
Campbell.
Youan.

Vente .

LaMotta
23-10-2023, 05:36 PM
In what way ?

In that fans were calling for him to play in the team as a solution to our problems, without any real evidence to suggest why.

Libby Hibby
23-10-2023, 06:08 PM
In tae them.

Greenio
23-10-2023, 09:14 PM
I don't think the answer is simply formation for this game. But I do think Levitt should be brought in. He's looked class in the small bits I've seen of him.

Hibees1973
23-10-2023, 09:24 PM
Marshall

Miller
Bushiri
Fish
Obita

Levitt
Jeggo
Newell
Campbell

Vente
Boyle

I'm dropping Youan for this one. Sorry. Montgomery has to try something different and bin this 4-2-4 with Youan and Boyle both out wide. If Hearts and Rangers tore through us in the middle of the park Celtic will do the same. Must admit I was struggling to put together a midfield, but this is all we have.

B.H.F.C
23-10-2023, 09:29 PM
I reckon the shape will stay the same but we’ll play a bit differently. Boyle to play up front with someone else (probably Levitt) playing off the right and tucking in. The shape isn’t going to change, I think he’s made that quite clear, but I don’t think he can go with the two out and out wingers who don’t defend much and two strikers against Celtic.

JammyDoidger
23-10-2023, 09:42 PM
Marshall

Miller
Fish
Rocky
Harbottle/Hanlon
Obita

Newell
Jeggo
Levitt

Vente
Boyle

wookie70
23-10-2023, 10:02 PM
Levitt has to come in somehow. :agree: I think the same. I'd play Vente on his own up top and tell him to stay there. He makes as many runs chasing the opposition into our half as he does trying to find space up top. He has already shown how good he is in the box and I'd want him there as often as possible. Levitt gives us that ability to get accurate passes away quickly and also gives extra cover for the deficiencies in defence of our wide players.

LaMotta
23-10-2023, 10:43 PM
I think the same. I'd play Vente on his own up top and tell him to stay there. He makes as many runs chasing the opposition into our half as he does trying to find space up top. He has already shown how good he is in the box and I'd want him there as often as possible. Levitt gives us that ability to get accurate passes away quickly and also gives extra cover for the deficiencies in defence of our wide players.

Agree with that re Vente. I think it's also good to have someone like Le Fondre on the bench who you can turn to if we need a goal. He's made a huge impact from the bench a few times now.

DJ HIBBY
24-10-2023, 06:04 AM
I reckon the shape will stay the same but we’ll play a bit differently. Boyle to play up front with someone else (probably Levitt) playing off the right and tucking in. The shape isn’t going to change, I think he’s made that quite clear, but I don’t think he can go with the two out and out wingers who don’t defend much and two strikers against Celtic.

Agreed, i would have had Campbell right midfielder against Rangers with Boyle up front for his pace in behind.

Wollacott (if fit)

Obita
Hanlon
Fish
Miller

Youan
Newell
Jeggo
Campbell

Vente
Boyle

DJ HIBBY
24-10-2023, 06:06 AM
Interestingly being from the west, speaking to few huns who were at game Saturday and they were very impressed by Jeggo and thought he was by far our best player at the weekend

Donegal Hibby
24-10-2023, 12:25 PM
Agreed, i would have had Campbell right midfielder against Rangers with Boyle up front for his pace in behind.

Wollacott (if fit)

Obita
Hanlon
Fish
Miller

Youan
Newell
Jeggo
Campbell

Vente
Boyle

I'd be surprised if Monty drops Marshall and picks Campbell tbh .

hhibs
24-10-2023, 01:18 PM
Levitt has to come in somehow. :agree:

Totally agree.

Brightside
24-10-2023, 01:25 PM
I can see one of Boyle or youan dropping to the bench and Obita moving up to Left mid. Give us a little more defensive cover on the wing as we clearly wont have the ball that much.

Ryan91
24-10-2023, 01:32 PM
I can see one of Boyle or youan dropping to the bench and Obita moving up to Left mid. Give us a little more defensive cover on the wing as we clearly wont have the ball that much.

Most sensible plan of action, we can maintain the 442, whomever is played at Right Mid should be tracking back more often to help out Miller at RB.

Honestly, were Cadden fully fit, I'd consider him at Right Mid and maybe put Boyle up top, give us a pacy option to possibly hit Celtic on the counter.

B.H.F.C
24-10-2023, 01:32 PM

Think there is a possibility of Obita moving up one and Stevenson coming in. But don’t think either of the Boyle or Youan will be dropped, I think one of them will play up with Vente.

I’d be surprised if he just went with the same midfield again. Same numbers but think there will be a personnel change and don’t think he’ll go with Youan and Boyle on either side of it.

Brightside
24-10-2023, 01:44 PM
Think there is a possibility of Obita moving up one and Stevenson coming in. But don’t think either of the Boyle or Youan will be dropped, I think one of them will play up with Vente.

I’d be surprised if he just went with the same midfield again. Same numbers but think there will be a personnel change and don’t think he’ll go with Youan and Boyle on either side of it.

We might see Doidge in with Vente to start. But I do like your idea of maybe pushing Boyle or Youan uptop. Scales has started well but we know our players can cause him problems.

Garymcl
24-10-2023, 04:02 PM
Just for info Ryan 91 cadds is back in training with first team today 👍

CapitalGreen
24-10-2023, 04:13 PM
Just for info Ryan 91 cadds is back in training with first team today 👍

He’s just back running outside on grass, he’s still a bit away from training with the first team.

The_Exile
24-10-2023, 04:15 PM
These games are write offs. Every other team should just randomly play their youths against the old firm to see who can get them to release a statement about goal difference first.

Pagan Hibernia
24-10-2023, 06:26 PM
These games are write offs. Every other team should just randomly play their youths against the old firm to see who can get them to release a statement about goal difference first.

It's no write off. We've taken points off celtic in nine of our last 11 league meetings at Easter Road.

In to them Hibs

swin82
25-10-2023, 08:55 AM
Wallacott

Obita
Fish
Harbottle
Miller

Jeggo
Newell
Levitt

Youan
Vente
Boyle

Real Emerald
25-10-2023, 09:29 AM
Marshall

Miller
Bushiri
Fish
Obita

Levitt
Jeggo
Newell
Campbell

Vente
Boyle

I'm dropping Youan for this one. Sorry. Montgomery has to try something different and bin this 4-2-4 with Youan and Boyle both out wide. If Hearts and Rangers tore through us in the middle of the park Celtic will do the same. Must admit I was struggling to put together a midfield, but this is all we have.

For me this is the major problem, we have very few decent midfielders at the club. Our defence isn’t good but even if it was it would buckle under the pressure a non existent midfield creates, especially against Celtic.

Stubbsy90+2
25-10-2023, 10:25 AM
Wallacott

Obita
Fish
Harbottle
Miller

Jeggo
Newell
Levitt

Youan
Vente
Boyle

Would probably go with this :agree:

worcesterhibby
25-10-2023, 01:14 PM
Wallacott

Stevenson
Hanlon
Fish
Miller

Jeggo
Newell
Levitt
Obita

Vente
Boyle

We will need both Jeggo and Obita playing a covering role in midfield. Give Boyle the freedom to roam on either flank as he fancies. The creativity can then come from Newell and Levitt

BoomtownHibees
25-10-2023, 03:21 PM
Off topic but ticket sales for Saturday are not looking great, especially the FF

Spike Mandela
26-10-2023, 08:43 AM
It's no write off. We've taken points off celtic in nine of our last 11 league meetings at Easter Road.

In to them Hibs

Interesting and encouraging stats but I’m just not feeling it. Our defence would need a Beckenbaur like transformation to keep Celtic from scoring. Seeing the movement for Celtic’s first goal against Athletico I fear we may be in for a bit of a doing.

A few pints before the game on Saturday might give me enough false confidence to expect a result when I’m there but just writing here and now in the cold sobriety of reality, I cannae see it.

B.H.F.C
26-10-2023, 10:18 AM
Interesting and encouraging stats but I’m just not feeling it. Our defence would need a Beckenbaur like transformation to keep Celtic from scoring. Seeing the movement for Celtic’s first goal against Athletico I fear we may be in for a bit of a doing.

A few pints before the game on Saturday might give me enough false confidence to expect a result when I’m there but just writing here and now in the cold sobriety of reality, I cannae see it.

Lately when we’ve been playing Celtic, there’s been a proper sense of apathy about the games. Will be reflected by quite a lot of empty seats on Saturday. Probably the first time we’ve played them at ER on a Saturday at 3 o’clock as well.

Funny because our recent record against them at ER has been good, even Maloney managed to get something from them. Used to be a bit of excitement around these games but it just seems like dread these days!

flash
26-10-2023, 10:28 AM
Lately when we’ve been playing Celtic, there’s been a proper sense of apathy about the games. Will be reflected by quite a lot of empty seats on Saturday. Probably the first time we’ve played them at ER on a Saturday at 3 o’clock as well.

Funny because our recent record against them at ER has been good, even Maloney managed to get something from them. Used to be a bit of excitement around these games but it just seems like dread these days!

It's strange because they hardly ever beat us at our place yet it seems like we always get hammered.

Pagan Hibernia
26-10-2023, 10:30 AM
It's strange because they hardly ever beat us at our place yet it seems like we always get hammered.

They've beaten us in a few cup games here, usually hammer us at hampden, and we hardly ever even make them work up a sweat when we play them at Parkhead.

Yet they struggle here in league games. You're right, it's a strange record

WhileTheChief..
26-10-2023, 10:57 AM

Alan Rough was discussing this on his podcast recently. Basically saying fans of the home teams when facing the old firm are deciding to stay away much more than their was ever the case in the past.

Not much fun turning up to watch your team getting humped by millionaires more often than not.

Watching them celebrate sucks. They’ve not got a clue what it’s really like to support a team.

B.H.F.C
26-10-2023, 11:00 AM
Alan Rough was discussing this on his podcast recently. Basically saying fans of the home teams when facing the old firm are deciding to stay away much more than their was ever the case in the past.

Not much fun turning up to watch your team getting humped by millionaires more often than not.

Watching them celebrate sucks. They’ve not got a clue what it’s really like to support a team.

Think the point is though, that against Celtic, we’ve no really had to watch them celebrate much at ER in recent years.

Pagan Hibernia
26-10-2023, 11:33 AM

My celtic supporting mate recently admitted to me that he takes hardly any pleasure from winning trophies. It's just a sense of relief that Rangers haven't won it instead. I imagine it's the same with league games. No satisfaction, just relief that they haven't lost ground in the title race.

They live on a different planet and I almost feel sad for them. Wouldn't swap places with them for anything.

flash
26-10-2023, 11:39 AM

At least we don't have that problem as our record against them at home has been excellent in recent years.

Since452
26-10-2023, 11:42 AM
My celtic supporting mate recently admitted to me that he takes hardly any pleasure from winning trophies. It's just a sense of relief that Rangers haven't won it instead. I imagine it's the same with league games. No satisfaction, just relief that they haven't lost ground in the title race.

They live on a different planet and I almost feel sad for them. Wouldn't swap places with them for anything.

It's quite satisfying knowing that no (middle aged or younger) Celtic or Rangers fan will ever experience the feeling we all did in 2016. Never. The UEFA/Europa League final would have been as close as they would ever get to that feeling. They both lost.

Pagan Hibernia
26-10-2023, 12:15 PM
It's quite satisfying knowing that no (middle aged or younger) Celtic or Rangers fan will ever experience the feeling we all did in 2016. Never. The UEFA/Europa League final would have been as close as they would ever get to that feeling. They both lost.

The flip side is when it goes wrong for them, as it did for my celtic mate in the 10 in a row season... its the absolute end of the world for them. Total despair. He told me he'd never been so depressed as he was in that season when it all fell apart. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Never been so depressed? Because you haven't won the league for the first time in 10 years?? It's like when you're speaking the same language to someone but somehow the words just don't make sense.

At least I cheered him up when I started reeling off some of our Hibs tales of woe over the years. And that's why 2016 meant everything to us.

weecounty hibby
26-10-2023, 12:33 PM
Don't think the personnel really matter. Every player they have is better than ours. For me it's all about effort, commitment and concentration. Make them work hard for a win, don't just capitulate. Make life difficult for them and see what comes of that. We did that at the end of last season and managed a win. Keep with them, don't let them score easy goals, especially early, hang in there and take any chances that come our way. Do all that and lose and we probably won't be complaining too much

PHeffernan
26-10-2023, 12:37 PM

:greengrin

erin go bragh
26-10-2023, 12:45 PM
---------Walocott

Miller--Fish--Rocky--Obita

---Levit--Jeggo-Newall
Boyle----------------Youhan
--------------Vente

number9dream
26-10-2023, 12:48 PM
Whoever plays, we need to get stuck in after that wishy washy display at Ibrox, which was neither defensive or 'having a go'.
Celtic may be tired after that Atletico game and Hatate will be out.
Not sure Stevenson against Maeda is a good idea unless we double up with Obita. Probably not the game to start Whittaker at RB but that can't be far away.

Wollacott
Miller Fish Rocky Obita
Jeggo
Campbell Levitt Newell
Boyle
Vente

That leaves us three good forwards we can chuck on if we need to chase...

Chorley Hibee
26-10-2023, 01:45 PM
Wollacott

Miller Fish Hanlon Obita

Jeggo Newell

Boyle Levitt Youan

Vente

WhileTheChief..
26-10-2023, 02:11 PM

Agree with all of this.

At least we can cherish and celebrate our victories. They win so many trophies that it must all blend into one and all they experience is disappointment on the odd occasion they lose.

hibsfan7
27-10-2023, 07:55 PM
brenda has never won at easter road as celtic manager

Stuart93
27-10-2023, 10:31 PM
brenda has never won at easter road as celtic manager

Hmm.

Law of averages

eastmainsmsh
28-10-2023, 08:50 AM
Marsh

Miller Fish Hanlon Obita

Campbell Levitt Newell

Boyle Vente Youan

BoomtownHibees
28-10-2023, 12:47 PM
Rocky and Jair in for Hanlon and ALF

Unseen work
28-10-2023, 12:47 PM
Oooft!

442 with Jair starting!

Jair in for ALF and Rocky in for Hanlon.

Good to see Landers get a chance on the bench