PDA

View Full Version : Rangersound

tinnyhibby
21-10-2023, 03:31 PM
Presumably only ex sevco players available to summarise today. Just adds to a difficult listen. You can surely do better than that BBC.

marinello59
21-10-2023, 03:41 PM
Presumably only ex sevco players available to summarise today. Just adds to a difficult listen. You can surely do better than that BBC.

My radio nearly ended up in the front garden. No attempt at neutrality at all.

A Hi-Bee
21-10-2023, 04:31 PM

Dont listen to the sheite they have on.

HarpOnHibee
21-10-2023, 04:35 PM
Got to hand it to the BBC, they manage to cover the full range of Ranger's views, even beyond the football. That's impressive.

leith lynx
21-10-2023, 04:43 PM

Agree, absolute disgrace.

DH1875
21-10-2023, 04:51 PM
Thats gotta be the worst yet. Was basically rangers radio today.

Rumble de Thump
21-10-2023, 05:25 PM
Whenever Hibs won possession the radio commentators chatted about anything other than the game. The only way I really knew we'd had the ball was when they said Sevco had won the ball back, then you'd get some commentary about the game.

Carheenlea
21-10-2023, 05:26 PM
Thats gotta be the worst yet. Was basically rangers radio today.

Rangers TV is very similar to BBC Sportsound, but with not quite as much about Rangers.

Steve20
21-10-2023, 06:35 PM
If you think that station is Rangers bias, you’ve only started listening today.

That’s a station that loves Celtic. They do nothing but praise Celtic and Aberdeen (but that’s more to do with Richard Gordon being an Aberdeen fan)

Real Emerald
21-10-2023, 06:37 PM
I watched Rangers TV today and they were (apart from a couple of moments) more neutral than the BBC.

LewysGot2
21-10-2023, 06:38 PM
Be fair, The Rangers are usually just the interludes in between Radio Sheepsound x RadioHertz
Their usual favourites weren't playing today to break it all up

GreenGray
22-10-2023, 08:51 AM
I really wish they would get someone on who at least knows a tiny bit about hibs.

We had Kenny Miller who kept referring to Rangers as “we” or “us” and Lee Mculloch.

Tom English it just as bad, it is almost like he misses the point on purpose.

He was happy refer to the fact Hibs have conceded the most in the league but didn’t caveat that with the fact Lee Johnson was in charge for the first three games.

When Leanne at least attempted to slightly defend us by saying our form has improved English would say “of course it has improved they were awful first three games” zero consistency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Col2
22-10-2023, 09:27 AM
I could write a book about how bad Sportsound is.

I turned off the coverage when Lee McCulloch and Kenny Miller were peeing themselves with excitement. Why does Miller call the manager and players by Christian names?

The worst though is the Scotland coverage. At a time of huge excitement only BBC Sportsound manage to make it sound like a funeral with Levein Willie Miller and Richard Gordon. Some of the dullest and low key ‘analysis’ around. Meanwhile Viaplay have 100 x better commentary and analysis.

JimBHibees
22-10-2023, 03:42 PM
If you think that station is Rangers bias, you’ve only started listening today.

That’s a station that loves Celtic. They do nothing but praise Celtic and Aberdeen (but that’s more to do with Richard Gordon being an Aberdeen fan)

So they are not biased towards Rangers you have got to be joking. Full of ex Rangers players.

truehibernian
22-10-2023, 03:47 PM
I could write a book about how bad Sportsound is.

I turned off the coverage when Lee McCulloch and Kenny Miller were peeing themselves with excitement. Why does Miller call the manager and players by Christian names?

The worst though is the Scotland coverage. At a time of huge excitement only BBC Sportsound manage to make it sound like a funeral with Levein Willie Miller and Richard Gordon. Some of the dullest and low key ‘analysis’ around. Meanwhile Viaplay have 100 x better commentary and analysis.

I actually think Lee McCulloch is a good addition to be honest. He’s very fair and can see the light hearted side of football, including poking fun at himself. I’d like to see Stuart Lovell covering Hibs games, he loves the club and talks sense every time I hear him on Hibs TV when he’s alongside Cliff. Very professional too.