PDA

View Full Version : Newell injury

Greenio
20-10-2023, 05:27 AM
Read in another thread he's in a moon boot and crutches.

Anyone know the script?

HendoDelivered
20-10-2023, 07:17 AM
Please be BS

Jones28
20-10-2023, 07:35 AM
I knew things were going too well.

tonyrougier123
20-10-2023, 07:42 AM
Really been outstanding this season. Typical hibs luck strikes again.
The lynchpin of the midfield. Hopefully not true.

SteveHFC
20-10-2023, 08:56 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-injury-news-with-updates-on-6-players-ahead-of-rangers-fixture-4378179

Centre Hawf
20-10-2023, 08:59 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-injury-news-with-updates-on-6-players-ahead-of-rangers-fixture-4378179

Sounds promising.

Brightside
20-10-2023, 09:05 AM
Read in another thread he's in a moon boot and crutches.

Anyone know the script?

Not sure why someone would make that up.

green day
20-10-2023, 09:07 AM

Thanks.

"No new injury concerns".

So either Hibs were trying to keep this one under wraps, or he isnt actually in a moonboot.................

JimBHibees
20-10-2023, 09:14 AM

So was the moon boot and crutches story made up?

Mick O'Rourke
20-10-2023, 09:23 AM

Seems like/
I have checked the usual,mostly reliable sources i am aware of.
Not a peep!!

Fox News !!

erin go bragh
20-10-2023, 09:23 AM
Really been outstanding this season. Typical hibs luck strikes again.
The lynchpin of the midfield. Hopefully not true.
If true, lets hope Levitt fills the void.

green day
20-10-2023, 09:25 AM

Heres the link from the other thread -

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?364253-Team-vs-the-rangers&p=7488953&viewfull=1#post7488953

Donegal Hibby
20-10-2023, 09:27 AM
Please be BS

Thanks.

"No new injury concerns".

So either Hibs were trying to keep this one under wraps, or he isnt actually in a moonboot.................

The poster that said he was wearing a moonboot and on crutches also said that Joe had been in a very busy public place so you'd think it would have been impossible for Hibs to keep this one under wraps .

K&S1875
20-10-2023, 09:36 AM
I spoke with Joe on Sunday (15th), he was in a very busy public place. He was wearing a moon boot and was using 2 crutches. He said he got the injury in the derby game, (Shankland’s tackle). He said he was wearing the moon boot as a precaution. I asked him if he would be fit to play at Ibrox and he said he was doubtful but that it was still a week away.

I don’t post much on here and I certainly wouldn’t post lies or make posts up. I hope he has recovered enough to play at Ibrox.

Mcbizz1998
20-10-2023, 09:37 AM
Why would we be keeping this as some kind of secret? Never known Hibs to do that.

darwenhibby
20-10-2023, 09:41 AM
Could it be our Robbo moment
Remember when Hearts did it before Derby’s??
And the smarmy announcer at tiny would give it and number 11!!!

Jones28
20-10-2023, 09:54 AM
I spoke with Joe on Sunday (15th), he was in a very busy public place. He was wearing a moon boot and was using 2 crutches. He said he got the injury in the derby game, (Shankland’s tackle). He said he was wearing the moon boot as a precaution. I asked him if he would be fit to play at Ibrox and he said he was doubtful but that it was still a week away.

I don’t post much on here and I certainly wouldn’t post lies or make posts up. I hope he has recovered enough to play at Ibrox.

Thanks for sharing, here’s hoping he’s fit enough!

S4uzee
20-10-2023, 10:10 AM

Was Shanklands tackle not the first 5 mins and he played the full game. Would seem like a training ground injury

Scouse Hibee
20-10-2023, 11:19 AM
Was Shanklands tackle not the first 5 mins and he played the full game. Would seem like a training ground injury

So why would Joe lie about where he got the injury?

Mcbizz1998
20-10-2023, 11:44 AM

I don’t think anyone is suggesting Joe is lying.

LEaston87
20-10-2023, 11:45 AM
Evening News says we have no new injury concerns

Brightside
20-10-2023, 11:53 AM
He's playing golf on Sunday so it can't be that bad.... :greengrin

Iain G
20-10-2023, 11:58 AM
Evening News says we have no new injury concerns

But has their reporter been in a very busy place in the past week?

S4uzee
20-10-2023, 12:00 PM

Did I say that?

StevesFamau5
20-10-2023, 12:08 PM

Adrenaline might have carried him through the rest of the game perhaps?

K&S1875
20-10-2023, 01:28 PM
Joe told me it was Shankland’s tackle in 5 mins that caused the injury. If the moon boot was being used as a precaution then he may well be for for Saturday. I’m only posting what I saw and what Joe told me.

Golden Bear
20-10-2023, 01:53 PM
Shankland seems to be making a habit of trying to injure our key players very early in the game. He needs watching.

truehibernian
20-10-2023, 02:02 PM
Shankland seems to be making a habit of trying to injure our key players very early in the game. He needs watching.

It was a red card, don’t care what anyone says. His (Shankland) eyes weren’t on the ball, his only intention was to injure Joe and that’s where his focus was 👍 should have gone to VAR.

Chorley Hibee
20-10-2023, 02:08 PM
It was a red card, don’t care what anyone says. His (Shankland) eyes weren’t on the ball, his only intention was to injure Joe and that’s where his focus was 👍 should have gone to VAR.

My thoughts too, and I said as much at the game.

Another horrible **** made for them.

LewysGot2
20-10-2023, 03:43 PM
Press conference NM saying all injured players from the derby trained this week 🤞

WeeRussell
20-10-2023, 03:47 PM
Adrenaline might have carried him through the rest of the game perhaps?

Absolutely. Players can easily play long spells without realising a knock has led to an injury, or how serious an injury it is.

In my younger days I done my ankle ligaments, played the rest of the game, went out afterwards with a bit of a sore ankle.

Woke up the next day and couldn’t walk down the stairs.

Hibbyradge
20-10-2023, 03:56 PM
Absolutely. Players can easily play long spells without realising a knock has led to an injury, or how serious an injury it is.

In my younger days I done my ankle ligaments, played the rest of the game, went out afterwards with a bit of a sore ankle.

Woke up the next day and couldn’t walk down the stairs.

Could be worse.

Jones28
20-10-2023, 04:40 PM
Could be worse.

😂😂😂

Carheenlea
20-10-2023, 04:43 PM

Joe told me it was Shankland’s tackle in 5 mins that caused the injury. If the moon boot was being used as a precaution then he may well be for for Saturday. I’m only posting what I saw and what Joe told me.

Appreciate you sharing the info.
Hopefully the news coming out of ER ahead of tomorrow suggesting that there are no worries is just that and we aren’t keeping our powder dry till nearer KO.

It was a red card, don’t care what anyone says. His (Shankland) eyes weren’t on the ball, his only intention was to injure Joe and that’s where his focus was �� should have gone to VAR.

:agree: Looked a disgraceful challenge at the time and rewatching the footage later just confirmed that. Referees need to be giving this guy a bit more scrutiny in derby games.

Col2
20-10-2023, 04:48 PM
Has anyone got the footage of this tackle. Sportscene didn’t show one bad hearts tackle. 👀

WeeRussell
20-10-2023, 04:56 PM
Could be worse.

Oh my foot!

JimBHibees
20-10-2023, 05:08 PM
It was a kind of old school early in the game tackle. Not sure it was a red imo.

truehibernian
20-10-2023, 05:43 PM
It was a kind of old school early in the game tackle. Not sure it was a red imo.

I was directly in line Jim, Joe went to go in hard to win the loose ball, watch Shankland’s eyes and focus if there’s a re-run - absolutely no attempt to play the ball, he was focused on leaving his studs on Joe. Not only that but he also got away with an elbow minutes later on Lewis I think. He’s a wee nasty piece of work. Loves a wee dive too.

wookie70
20-10-2023, 06:27 PM
Looking at the training images it doesn't look like he trained.

JimBHibees
20-10-2023, 06:39 PM
I was directly in line Jim, Joe went to go in hard to win the loose ball, watch Shankland’s eyes and focus if there’s a re-run - absolutely no attempt to play the ball, he was focused on leaving his studs on Joe. Not only that but he also got away with an elbow minutes later on Lewis I think. He’s a wee nasty piece of work. Loves a wee dive too.

Agree can't stand him though still not convinced a red. To be honest given how poor refereeing is usually in derbies we are lucky he got a yellow.

Bostonhibby
20-10-2023, 07:18 PM
I was directly in line Jim, Joe went to go in hard to win the loose ball, watch Shankland’s eyes and focus if there’s a re-run - absolutely no attempt to play the ball, he was focused on leaving his studs on Joe. Not only that but he also got away with an elbow minutes later on Lewis I think. He’s a wee nasty piece of work. Loves a wee dive too.Agree, main eye is in the middle of his forehead so is always going to get the benefit of the doubt on those decisions

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Not In The Know
20-10-2023, 07:28 PM

Shankland is a twat and needs done in the next match. Thats two games in a row at tinycastle he’s been ***** and tried to make up for it by being a thug. How he hasn’t been cited for it is mind boggling.

Carheenlea
20-10-2023, 07:28 PM
Has anyone got the footage of this tackle. Sportscene didn’t show one bad hearts tackle. 👀

It’s only on the full match replay on Hibs TV.

A ball he was never winning and just clattered straight on into Newell late.

SteveHFC
21-10-2023, 12:45 PM
Newell’s starting.

Scouse Hibee
21-10-2023, 12:48 PM
Did I say that?

You implied that what he had told someone was not the the truth.

Mcbizz1998
21-10-2023, 12:56 PM
You implied that what he had told someone was not the the truth.

Or maybe he implied that the poster was talking complete *****?

Newell starting.

green day
21-10-2023, 01:02 PM
Fantastic recovery by Joe.

A mere 6 days after being spotted in a moonboot and crutches he starts against Rangers.

Iain G
21-10-2023, 01:05 PM
Newell’s starting.

Quelle surprise! Maybe he can fit the moon boot under his sock and hope nobody notices...

Bridge hibs
21-10-2023, 01:10 PM
Quelle surprise! Maybe he can fit the moon boot under his sock and hope nobody notices...

I saw him a few days ago wearing 2 moon boots with crutches, big bandage on his head and a magic sponge in his left pocket, Rima was behind him skelping his arse with her golden sticks

Iain G
21-10-2023, 02:42 PM
I saw him a few days ago wearing 2 moon boots with crutches, big bandage on his head and a magic sponge in his left pocket, Rima was behind him skelping his arse with her golden sticks

I saw him this morning, on the moon, wearing big muckle leather fitba boots from the 1950s, with a magic sponge he was cleaning the lunar rover.

The crutches had floated away into space.

It wasn't in a very busy place though so I may be making this up.

JohnM1875
21-10-2023, 04:09 PM
Played like he was carrying an injury today. Wasn't the only player mind you. But expected more from Joe

A Hi-Bee
21-10-2023, 04:14 PM
Think he was playing with a moon boot on.

1875godsgift
21-10-2023, 10:43 PM
Think he was playing with a moon boot on.

Think he was playing with Keith Moon's boots on 👢👢