PDA

View Full Version : Who's all going to Germany?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Keith_M
16-10-2023, 06:32 PM
OK, so who's decided to go and have you booked anywhere yet?

:saltireflag

Trinity Hibee
16-10-2023, 06:34 PM
Me. Booked flights and hotel in dusseldorf. 15th-22nd June from Edinburgh

HIBS NUTS
16-10-2023, 06:36 PM
Yip flying into frankfurt , one way , staying in cologne for 3 days only , and booked 2 tickets in every stadium in germany, lottery if we are successful.
Booked 2 months ago.👍🏻

Pretty Boy
16-10-2023, 06:44 PM
Me.

5 nights in Frankfurt arriving for the opening day on the 14th.

Applied for tickets in various cities and will travel to wherever Scotland opening game is regardless. Group of 4 of us travelling together and an informal group of 20 planning to meet up across there. We booked our flights with Lufthansa, Edinburgh to Frankfurt, a few weeks back and a hotel even longer ago. Looking at the prices today I'm glad we took the risk.

Can't wait.

SChibs
16-10-2023, 06:50 PM
Not Germany for me as I'll be in Cambodia and Vietnam during the Euros. If anyone else will be in the general area and wants to meet to watch a game give me a shout

WeeRussell
16-10-2023, 06:54 PM
Not Germany for me as I'll be in Cambodia and Vietnam during the Euros. If anyone else will be in the General area and wants to meet to watch a game give me a shout

That’s a terrific alternative to being there. Great countries and be some quality wee spots for taking in games (at whatever time they may be!!)

Since452
16-10-2023, 07:04 PM
Booked up in August in anticipation we'd get there. Glad we did as prices have gone up substantially since. Frankfurt for us 6 nights.

JammyDoidger
16-10-2023, 07:17 PM
Düsseldorf from Manchester. Buzzing.

Stairway 2 7
16-10-2023, 07:20 PM
Dusseldorf 10 days. Tried for a few games but if unsuccessful will use the train pass to explore and bounce about fan parks ect. Should be braw

Joe6-2
16-10-2023, 07:22 PM
My grandson wants to go but I have no idea where to start 🤷
Don’t want hours of travelling, trains, planes and automobiles!

MKHIBEE
16-10-2023, 07:24 PM
Flying to Cologne on the 14th, staying in Essen until the 26, hoping to see some matches and some gigs.

Stairway 2 7
16-10-2023, 07:28 PM
Dusseldorf 10 days. Tried for a few games but if unsuccessful will use the train pass to explore and bounce about fan parks ect. Should be braw

Mark05
16-10-2023, 07:34 PM
Yes,flying to Berlin going to base myself there 16th to 27th hopefully get lucky with the draw,if not will travel to the games can't wait its been a long time

Hibrandenburg
16-10-2023, 07:36 PM
OK, so who's decided to go and have you booked anywhere yet?

:saltireflag

Won't be able avoid it. My "Company" will be providing services at all locations where UK teams play. Just hoping I get the Scotland gig but I think it will probably be a mixture of Scotland, England and Wales if they manage to qualify.

Stubbsy90+2
16-10-2023, 07:47 PM

I’m going to Düsseldorf. Can go direct from Edinburgh and you’re pretty close train wise to Cologne, Gelsenkirchen, Dortmund and Frankfurt so that’s 5 of the 10 stadiums within 2 and a half hours on the train.

Mr Grieves
16-10-2023, 08:25 PM

From Edinburgh there's direct flights to - Munich, Berlin, Hamburg (easyJet)
Düsseldorf and cologne (eurowings)
Frankfurt (lufthansa)
Düsseldorf Weeze (Ryanair, düsseldorf is a trek from this airport)

If I was going I would base myself in North Rhine Westphalia -Dusseldorf and Cologne are the the best with plenty of eating and drinking options. If accommodation is too much there have a look at duisburg,essen, Bochum. As has been mentioned 4 of the stadiums can be reached by local public transport (1:15 hours or less). Frankfurt and Stuttgart are doable by train.

To give you an idea of how easy it is to travel in this area, I'm staying in Düsseldorf this weekend. We're doing a tour of the westfalenstadion (Dortmund) on Saturday morning, then going to the MSV duisburg game Saturday afternoon and then the Fortuna dusseldorf game saturday night. On Sunday we're going to FC koln v borussia Monchengladbach. Public transport is great there, plus you can crack open a beer and chill

NthCarolinaHibs
16-10-2023, 08:29 PM
We've just booked Dusseldorf from 12th to 26th.. flying from Edinburgh to Frankfurt then train up to D'dorf..cannae wait 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍺🍺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

JPrinty
16-10-2023, 08:32 PM
I'm going to Cologne (direct from Edinburgh) from 18th to 22nd June and have applied for 3 games in the area.

Mr Grieves
16-10-2023, 08:34 PM
Not Germany for me as I'll be in Cambodia and Vietnam during the Euros. If anyone else will be in the General area and wants to meet to watch a game give me a shout

I'm flying into HCMC at the start of the knock out rounds and out of Hanoi the same day as the final if you're around?

scm70nyd1973
16-10-2023, 09:00 PM
[QUOTE=Keith_M;7487879]OK, so who's decided to go and have you booked anywhere yet?

Driving up from southern Spain with my wife - meeting my daughter and friends in Düsseldorf (likely camp) when they get there from Scotland. Ticket application posted today (UEFA ballot) but I’m also able to buy tickets for any Spanish games. Happy to go to as many games as I can.

linlithgowhibbie
16-10-2023, 09:04 PM
Was there in 1974 for Scotlands undefeated campaign. Unfortunately wont manage this time. Had a blast.:thumbsup:

OstKurve Hibs
16-10-2023, 09:16 PM

I spent 3 weeks in North Vietnam, loved every minute, such an amazing country ! Its on my list to get back ASAP n explore a bit more of the country, I wanted to do north and south in 3 weeks but the north was so stunning was having a great time so I spent the whole three weeks there.

BS44
16-10-2023, 09:26 PM
Few of us staying in a Airbnb in Dusseldorf, I'm getting the overnight ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam and the others booked their flights a while ago.

Hopefully England don't end up in Dusseldorf, got no problem with the English but some of their fans are fuds

Blaster
16-10-2023, 09:50 PM
Booked back in March. 5 nights in Berlin from 19 June flying from Edinburgh.

Ramsay Travel worth a wee look

Bristolhibby
16-10-2023, 10:53 PM
Me and the old man are going. Been following Scotland since 2003 and this is our first proper tournament.

Will bite the bullet and just fly in and out. Also living in South England I do have the option of taking the car for some Rhur games.

Will wait until the 2nd December when the groups and fixtures are decided before booking as holiday is tight.

J

Joe6-2
17-10-2023, 07:32 AM
I’m going to Düsseldorf. Can go direct from Edinburgh and you’re pretty close train wise to Cologne, Gelsenkirchen, Dortmund and Frankfurt so that’s 5 of the 10 stadiums within 2 and a half hours on the train.

Thank you very much

Joe6-2
17-10-2023, 07:32 AM
From Edinburgh there's direct flights to - Munich, Berlin, Hamburg (easyJet)
Düsseldorf and cologne (eurowings)
Frankfurt (lufthansa)
Düsseldorf Weeze (Ryanair, düsseldorf is a trek from this airport)

If I was going I would base myself in North Rhine Westphalia -Dusseldorf and Cologne are the the best with plenty of eating and drinking options. If accommodation is too much there have a look at duisburg,essen, Bochum. As has been mentioned 4 of the stadiums can be reached by local public transport (1:15 hours or less). Frankfurt and Stuttgart are doable by train.

To give you an idea of how easy it is to travel in this area, I'm staying in Düsseldorf this weekend. We're doing a tour of the westfalenstadion (Dortmund) on Saturday morning, then going to the MSV duisburg game Saturday afternoon and then the Fortuna dusseldorf game saturday night. On Sunday we're going to FC koln v borussia Monchengladbach. Public transport is great there, plus you can crack open a beer and chill

Thank you very much for info

Col2
17-10-2023, 07:50 AM
Berlin from 14th June. Can’t wait

Berwickhibby
17-10-2023, 08:08 AM
Driving over…Hull - Rotterdam ferry, fortunately I have in-laws who have offered to to put me up in Bielefeld

lyonhibs
17-10-2023, 08:30 AM
Yes, hopefully. Got friends in Dusseldorf but will be in an Air B'nB, from 20-25th June, jealous of those going for 10 days/2 weeks but having small kids etc mean that option is out the window

Willis1875
17-10-2023, 09:04 AM
Bouncing between Düsseldorf and Cologne on dates of June 23rd to 27th.
It’s worth checking out the Premier Inns in Germany for accommodation,they don’t generally come up on hotel sites such as Booking,hotels.com etc

Glasgowhibby95
17-10-2023, 09:35 AM
Me and 8-10 pals have booked up for varying lengths of time between the 15-27th. Flying in and out of Cologne from Edinburgh and staying there for 4 nights, Dusseldorf for 4 nights and Frankfurt for 3 nights. Got free cancellation on all the hotels in case we end up needing to shift around.

Like a lot of people I've spoken to, we've hedged our bets that Scotland will be playing in the cluster of 5 western cities (Cologne, Dortmund, Dusseldorf, Gelsenkirchen & Frankfurt). We looked into it last night and worked out the likelihood of Scotland playing their group games in that area.

Assuming we are in pot 2, here's the breakdown:

Group E - All 3 games in 5 western cities.
Group F - 2 games in western cities, 1 in Hamburg
Groups A&C- 1 game in western cities
Group B&D - 0 games in western cities

so there's a roughly 66% chance of at least 1 Scotland game being there.

Hopefully someone else finds this remotely useful :greengrin

Roll on next summer!

SChibs
17-10-2023, 10:32 AM
I'm flying into HCMC at the start of the knock out rounds and out of Hanoi the same day as the final if you're around?

I think I arrive in HCMC on 24th June. I then leave from Hanoi 14 days later so I'll definitely be around

Speedy
17-10-2023, 10:39 AM
Me and 8-10 pals have booked up for varying lengths of time between the 15-27th. Flying in and out of Cologne from Edinburgh and staying there for 4 nights, Dusseldorf for 4 nights and Frankfurt for 3 nights. Got free cancellation on all the hotels in case we end up needing to shift around.

Like a lot of people I've spoken to, we've hedged our bets that Scotland will be playing in the cluster of 5 western cities (Cologne, Dortmund, Dusseldorf, Gelsenkirchen & Frankfurt). We looked into it last night and worked out the likelihood of Scotland playing their group games in that area.

Roll on next summer!

A2, B2, etc. arent necessarily pot 2. It is an open draw.

Trinity Hibee
17-10-2023, 10:43 AM
A2, B2, etc. arent necessarily pot 2. It is an open draw.

You are right. I’d just presumed 2nd seeds would get A2,B2 etc.

“Teams will be allocated to one of four pots (1, 2, 3, 4) in advance of the draw, in accordance with their results in the qualifying group stage. Hosts Germany are seeded in Pot 1 but are not drawn as they are automatically allocated to Group A. The three eventual play-off winners are assigned to Pot 4.

A further six pots (A, B, C, D, E, F) are required to draw the respective team’s position in each group. Pots B-F contain four balls each to represent the positions available in each group (eg B1, B2, B3 and B4). Pot A contains only three balls for the positions A2, A3 and A4 in Group A, since Germany will occupy position A1.”

Silversand
17-10-2023, 01:04 PM
Booked return flights to Dusseldorf a few months ago, 14 nights.

Have not booked accommodation yet, waiting for the draw in December before booking up, but will likely travel about, depending on where Scotland end up playing.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

davym7062
17-10-2023, 01:15 PM
me and 4 mates booked for frankfurt 14th june for a week, filghts and hotel for £900

LancsHibs
17-10-2023, 02:24 PM
Waiting for draw on 2/12 and will then have a look. Might be too expensive by then? Just fancy going where Scotland are playing for the experience, don’t expect to get a ticket!

Keith_M
17-10-2023, 06:38 PM
Won't be able avoid it. My "Company" will be providing services at all locations where UK teams play. Just hoping I get the Scotland gig but I think it will probably be a mixture of Scotland, England and Wales if they manage to qualify.

Maybe they'll get you some tickets :greengrin

Keith_M
17-10-2023, 06:45 PM
Driving over…Hull - Rotterdam ferry, fortunately I have in-laws who have offered to to put me up in Bielefeld

Oh wow, where exactly?

Some of my in-laws live in Hoberge-Uerentrup (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hoberge-Uerentrup,+33619+Bielefeld,+Germany/@52.0277941,8.484137,14z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x47ba22cfbea486e7:0xa27f2 83ca0a3ed0!8m2!3d52.0228887!4d8.4883373!16s%2Fg%2F 12301nbw?entry=ttu), and I've visited there at least half a dozen times. It's a really nice place to live.

Frazerbob
17-10-2023, 09:14 PM

Roll on next summer!

We’re more likely to be in Pot 3

MartinfaePorty
17-10-2023, 09:20 PM
I'm going, if not for all 3 group games, then certainly the first 2. I'm just waiting until the draw gets made. I have a cousin in south-west Germany, so if the first game wasn't until a few days into the tournament, I might have a day or 2 in Luxembourg and then head over to visit him before it. It all really depends where the games are and I am in the lucky position where I can afford to pay a bit extra, albeit not wanting to get ripped off!

MagicSwirlingShip
17-10-2023, 10:22 PM
Booked up today, staying in Cologne, should be a pretty good base. Looking forward to it

DH1875
18-10-2023, 07:14 AM
We’re more likely to be in Pot 3

Looking at the other teams, we probably want to be in pot 3 rather than pot 2

Berwickhibby
18-10-2023, 07:33 AM
Oh wow, where exactly?

Some of my in-laws live in Hoberge-Uerentrup (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hoberge-Uerentrup,+33619+Bielefeld,+Germany/@52.0277941,8.484137,14z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x47ba22cfbea486e7:0xa27f2 83ca0a3ed0!8m2!3d52.0228887!4d8.4883373!16s%2Fg%2F 12301nbw?entry=ttu), and I've visited there at least half a dozen times. It's a really nice place to live.

Got family in Steighorst and Sennestadt plus another on the outskirts in Halle (NRW)

Frazerbob
18-10-2023, 11:27 AM

If we win both our remaining games the we should be Pot 2. To be honest, there’s very little difference between Pots 2 & 3. Pot 2 would hopefully mean we avoid England. That would be good. Canny be arsed with the garden furniture chucking!

WeeRussell
18-10-2023, 12:10 PM
If we win both our remaining games the we should be Pot 2.

Surely we’re more likely to be in pot 2 in that case?

Frazerbob
18-10-2023, 12:24 PM
Surely we’re more likely to be in pot 2 in that case?

Have you seen our record in Georgia and Norway will be no pushover

WeeRussell
18-10-2023, 12:33 PM
Have you seen our record in Georgia and Norway will be no pushover

Have you seen our record in this group? Have you seen Georgia’s record in Georgia during this campaign? Surely more relevant than what our poorer teams have done years ago.

Neither will be pushovers but we are the better team in both fixtures and are more likely to win than not.

We should absolutely be putting Norway away at hampden.

Frazerbob
18-10-2023, 12:39 PM
Have you seen our record in this group? Have you seen Georgia’s record in Georgia during this campaign? Surely more relevant than what our poorer teams have done years ago.

Neither will be pushovers but we are the better team in both fixtures and are more likely to win than not.

We should absolutely be putting Norway away at hampden.

I hear you and we will be favourites in both games. 6 points would be a great return. Clarke will also be desperate to stop the losing run. A lot will depend on how we react to having already qualified. This team does seem to be different but it's hard to shake off the scars from the last 2 visits to Tbilisi. 2 wins would be a massive boost to our seeding not only for Germany but the World Cup qualifying draw.

WeeRussell
18-10-2023, 12:43 PM
I hear you and we will be favourites in both games. 6 points would be a great return. Clarke will also be desperate to stop the losing run. A lot will depend on how we react to having already qualified. This team does seem to be different but it's hard to shake off the scars from the last 2 visits to Tbilisi. 2 wins would be a massive boost to our seeding not only for Germany but the World Cup qualifying draw.

Have faith Fraz 😁 it’s difficult to get used to, I know, but we’re actually a good side again!

Bristolhibby
18-10-2023, 03:18 PM

IIRC after we qualified for Euro 2020, we immediately lost winnable Nations League games vs Israel and Slovakia (or was it Czech Republic?)

Need to cut that out.

J

Keith_M
18-10-2023, 03:25 PM
Got family in Steighorst and Sennestadt plus another on the outskirts in Halle (NRW)

👍

Since90+2
18-10-2023, 03:43 PM
If Haaland plays at Hampden it's a difficult game, whether he does or not given it means nothing to Norway I'd say a good chance he doesn't.

He is a close as you can get to almost guaranteeing a goal a game, so we'd likely have to get atleast 2 to win it.

DIXIHIBS
18-10-2023, 03:45 PM

Youre not wrong. Italy Croatia and Netherlands looking like pot3.

LaMotta
18-10-2023, 08:44 PM
Youre not wrong. Italy Croatia and Netherlands looking like pot3.

Wales have taken 4 points off Croatia, wouldn't be overly bothered about them this time round....

The Harp Awakes
18-10-2023, 11:31 PM
Booked accommodation in Bonn and Bochum nr Dortmund 17-27. Will cover 5 of the venues. 3 of us going. Went to Dortmund previously to see Germany v Scotland. Great country and lovely people. Can't wait.

Craig_in_Prague
19-10-2023, 09:13 AM
Will be going with my son.
Fortunately we can drive to any of the cities.
Will wait for the draw and also see when and where Scotland and Czech Republic play, before making any firm plans.. Though my boy is only really interested in the Scotland team funnily enough. 😊
Will be a fabulous experience!

Frazerbob
19-10-2023, 09:40 AM
Booked last night. Flying in and out of Hamburg, digs in Essen, 13th to 27th.

itslegaltender
19-10-2023, 12:54 PM
me and pals going, we went to Euro 96 and France 98 back in the day together so taking this chance as the next few tournaments for both Euros and World Cup are spread out more. I think there will easily be 70k plus going over for the games. Should be a great party.

To register for tickets for the games, you only have up to 26th of this month. No option to follow your own team though, but if you end up with tickets for elsewhere and want to swap for Scotland ones, apparently they are going to have some kind of process for that to stop the touts. Tickets are to your phone only. you can register for 4 tickets per game.

SteveHFC
19-10-2023, 01:19 PM
me and pals going, we went to Euro 96 and France 98 back in the day together so taking this chance as the next few tournaments for both Euros and World Cup are spread out more. I think there will easily be 70k plus going over for the games. Should be a great party.

To register for tickets for the games, you only have up to 26th of this month. No option to follow your own team though, but if you end up with tickets for elsewhere and want to swap for Scotland ones, apparently they are going to have some kind of process for that to stop the touts. Tickets are to your phone only. you can register for 4 tickets per game.

Sure there’s another sale after the draw is made.

JeMeSouviens
19-10-2023, 01:43 PM
Sure there’s another sale after the draw is made.

They are keeping back 1,000,000 tickets for competing national associations, an average of 13.5K per team per game. So you'll have to be TA uber to have any chance of those. There's also going to be an official at-face-value resale platform, that's probably a better bet as doubt we will be in high demand for the neutral.

Frazerbob
19-10-2023, 03:47 PM
They are keeping back 1,000,000 tickets for competing national associations, an average of 13.5K per team per game. So you'll have to be TA uber to have any chance of those. There's also going to be an official at-face-value resale platform, that's probably a better bet as doubt we will be in high demand for the neutral.

Current projections are for 12-14 to guarantee you a ticket through the SSC, depending on the stadium. That means if you go to every home game, you should get tickets. 1 away game and you’re definitely sorted. Not sure that’s ‘Uber’ status.

SteveHFC
19-10-2023, 04:12 PM
Current projections are for 12-14 to guarantee you a ticket through the SSC, depending on the stadium. That means if you go to every home game, you should get tickets. 1 away game and you’re definitely sorted. Not sure that’s ‘Uber’ status.

I’m on 12. So hoping I have enough for at least 1 game.

scm70nyd1973
19-10-2023, 07:38 PM
As of today it’s £450 return from here (Malaga) to Germany (13/06 to 27/06) with EasyJet - includes bags,seats and price is for the two of us - clear that the Spanish don’t give a flying one about the Euros 🫢 Road tolls alone (here and back) would be best part of £300.

bod
19-10-2023, 07:44 PM
We’ve booked digs in 8 cities ia couple of months ago & guaranteed Scotland ticket cos weve enough points 😄

Bristolhibby
20-10-2023, 09:37 AM
We’ve booked digs in 8 cities ia couple of months ago & guaranteed Scotland ticket cos weve enough points 😄

Good organisation. Are those bookings for the whole two weeks at a hotel?

J

Stubbsy90+2
20-10-2023, 10:02 AM

Good effort.

A lot of the hotels understandably appear to have stopped doing free cancellation or I’d have done the same. Just basing ourselves in Düsseldorf for the week instead.

JeMeSouviens
20-10-2023, 01:02 PM

Much less uber than I thought, to be fair.

bod
21-10-2023, 02:12 PM
Good organisation. Are those bookings for the whole two weeks at a hotel?

J

No idea sorry,2 guys booked them .think 4 are hotels .6 of us going for 2 weeks .1guys prices range from €3000- €7300

soupy
21-10-2023, 03:31 PM
No idea sorry,2 guys booked them .think 4 are hotels .6 of us going for 2 weeks .1guys prices range from €3000- €7300

Can i sleep on your floor please? 😊

Keith_M
21-10-2023, 05:13 PM

I'll be sleeping in my sister-in-law's garden shed, so your idea does sound a lot better.

soupy
21-10-2023, 05:17 PM
I'll be sleeping in my sister-in-law's garden shed, so your idea does sound a lot better.

😂

bod
21-10-2023, 06:39 PM

Thought you were in Cammys garden ? 😂

Hibrandenburg
21-10-2023, 07:53 PM

Is it protected by a Maschendrahtzaun?

LaMotta
21-10-2023, 09:36 PM
Good effort.

A lot of the hotels understandably appear to have stopped doing free cancellation or I’d have done the same. Just basing ourselves in Düsseldorf for the week instead.

10 of us now heading Edinburgh to Cologne from 21st to 27th, so will be in the country for the last day of matchday 2 and all the matchday 3 games. Possible that Scotland could have 2 games in the West during that time (where there are 6 out of the 10 stadiums). But also may only have one and could be on the East which would be tricky to get to. Lots of fan villages and big screens being set up around Cologne so should be good either way.

Depending on where Scotland play we may head to stay in other cities - we have a host of hotels booked through booking.com with free cancellation if needed and no payment until arrival at the Hotels, so options def available for the last week at least.

Need to apply for matchday tickets now - not sure what best approach is - think probably apply for as many games as possible and hope for the best. If you end up with tickets you don't want after the draw then hopefully able to sell them on the UEFA resell site next year.

Nakedmanoncrack
22-10-2023, 10:55 AM

I think 12 might be optimistic, I'm currently on 24 which will rise to 26 after Tbilisi so comfortable, but those I travel with are closer to the projected cut-off.

MKHIBEE
22-10-2023, 12:31 PM
UEFA have announced that all match tickets holders will have free transport in and around the the city when matches are being played.

Hibrandenburg
22-10-2023, 12:39 PM
UEFA have announced that all match tickets holders will have free transport in and around the the city when matches are being played.

That's normal in Germany when you buy football or concert tickets.

LaMotta
22-10-2023, 02:13 PM

Travel between cities on trains looks to be pretty expensive, so worth considering that for anyone thinking of travelling about the country.

LewysGot2
22-10-2023, 02:14 PM
Travel between cities on trains looks to be pretty expensive, so worth considering that for anyone thinking of travelling about the country.

Not on the fast trains though - worth noting that

DC_Hibs
22-10-2023, 02:15 PM
That's normal in Germany when you buy football or concert tickets.

What he should have mentioned is it’s for 36 hours - from 6am on matchday until 6pm the following day which will help those travelling between cities for the tournament rather than travelling regionally. IC/ICE trains not included obviously as with the standard Kombikarte in use throughout the season.

LaMotta
22-10-2023, 02:21 PM
Not on the fast trains though - worth noting that

120 quid return between Cologne and Stuttgart as an example on the fast trains - seems pretty expensive for a 2 hour journey?

SON OF PADDY
22-10-2023, 02:31 PM
Booked up yesterday,four of us flying to Dusseldorf and staying in Essen for a week.
Fingers crossed for the ticket lottery, hopefully we'll manage to take in as matches as possible. 🤞

LewysGot2
22-10-2023, 02:32 PM
120 quid return between Cologne and Stuttgart as an example on the fast trains - seems pretty expensive for a 2 hour journey?

I was saying the tickets won't get you on the fast trains and it was worth noting it 👍

LaMotta
22-10-2023, 02:38 PM
I was saying the tickets won't get you on the fast trains and it was worth noting it 👍

ah sorry was confused at you responding to my message with that :greengrin Yes good point:aok:

Stairway 2 7
22-10-2023, 02:48 PM
If you stick to the slow trains you can get the unlimited €49 train pass. If travelling around the west group of stadiums you'll be fine, further afield you'd have to make changes and take a while.

I wanting to use the fast ice trains better get a pass. You pick how many day you want to use it in a month. For example any 3 days unlimited travel within a month is about £170, about £150 if under 26 or travelling as a pair.

Rarely better to buy single tickets unless one off short journey

Trinity Hibee
08-11-2023, 02:59 PM
Has anyone had a response Re: tickets from the ballot? Think anyone successful is to hear by 14th November

CentreLine
08-11-2023, 03:03 PM
Has anyone had a response Re: tickets from the ballot? Think anyone successful is to hear by 14th November

Think that’s right. Then there will be that exchange possibility to try and get actual Scotland game tickets. I’ve got my fingers crossed.

JimBHibees
08-11-2023, 03:30 PM
Think that’s right. Then there will be that exchange possibility to try and get actual Scotland game tickets. I’ve got my fingers crossed.

Assume they will also tell you if unsuccessful re tickets

Blaster
08-11-2023, 05:02 PM

Nothing as of yet

Torto7062
08-11-2023, 09:06 PM
Assume they will also tell you if unsuccessful re tickets

Aye that's how I read it when applying mate

JimBHibees
08-11-2023, 10:21 PM
Aye that's how I read it when applying mate

:aok:

cabbageandribs1875
09-11-2023, 05:41 PM
associations will be capped at just 9,500 tickets per game :rolleyes:

up to 70k Scots are expected in Germany for the finals

fans can apply for tickets via public sale but there's already been 3.1m applications for 1.2m tickets currently available this way

DR

LaMotta
09-11-2023, 05:44 PM

fans can apply for tickets via public sale but there's already been 3.1m applications for 1.2m tickets currently available this way

DR

That's a couple of thousand more than I expected to be honest.

bod
09-11-2023, 08:01 PM
France posted that a few weeks past

CallumLaidlaw
09-11-2023, 08:11 PM

DR

I read the article and the last bit confuses me as elsewhere they mention 20 million applications for tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveHFC
09-11-2023, 08:22 PM

DR

Anyone with 12 points or over should be sorted to attend at least one game.

Hibby70
09-11-2023, 08:34 PM
I read the article and the last bit confuses me as elsewhere they mention 20 million applications for tickets.

Could it be 3m people applying for 20m tickets of which only 1.2m are available?

LaMotta
09-11-2023, 08:39 PM

Could it be 3m people applying for 20m tickets of which only 1.2m are available?

I think that's a typo and should read 2 million fans have applied rather than 20 million.

This could make sense with 2 million fans applying for 3 million tickets so far (with some fans applying for more than one game)?

CallumLaidlaw
09-11-2023, 08:40 PM
I think that's a typo and should read 2 million fans have applied rather than 20 million.

This could make sense with 2 million fans applying for 3 million tickets so far (with some fans applying for more than one game)?

Nah I’d definitely seen the 20 million figure last week.

CallumLaidlaw
09-11-2023, 08:41 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20231109/96dc4707fe9c806a458e4f7706054785.jpg

cabbageandribs1875
09-11-2023, 08:48 PM

i'll need to wait on the article appearing again on my newsfeed, it was the DR i think

cabbageandribs1875
09-11-2023, 08:49 PM

38K members, not all of them will be going right enough

LaMotta
09-11-2023, 08:59 PM
Nah I’d definitely seen the 20 million figure last week.

Aye you are right. Def doesn't make sense. Daily Record I suppose:greengrin

Bristolhibby
09-11-2023, 09:01 PM

12 points should get you all games that Scotland are involved in. Minimum 3.

J

scm70nyd1973
09-11-2023, 09:39 PM

I think UEFA got a few million bots (computer generated applications ) and they posted that they were trying to remove the legit ones from the non legit. This might explain the disparity in numbers .

Hibrandenburg
10-11-2023, 05:50 AM
I've applied for 4 tickets for all the games taking place in Berlin. Not optimistic but not even sure I'll be able to make the games as my job means I'll have to be in the cities where UK teams are playing.

Mark05
10-11-2023, 08:34 AM
I've applied for 4 tickets for all the games taking place in Berlin. Not optimistic but not even sure I'll be able to make the games as my job means I'll have to be in the cities where UK teams are playing.Hi Hibrandenburg, I hope you do make the games as that's exactly what I have done lol.But like you I think I will have to travel to the Scotland games. To be honest I don't care I'm just going to have a great time

DIXIHIBS
10-11-2023, 08:36 AM
That's a couple of thousand more than I expected to be honest.

Agreed. 70k is unlikely. Went to France 98 and wasnt anything like that.

Springbank
10-11-2023, 09:00 AM
I've applied for the first weekend game in Berlin (have always wanted to see a game at the Olympic Stadium there)
A bit like the San Siro, it's a stadium that seems to be perennially under discussion for being demolished and rebuilt
Scotland v Italy at the Olympic in Berlin next summer would be the dream..and Scotland would have a great chance of winning btw

Frazerbob
10-11-2023, 10:21 AM

No idea where this 70k figure originated from but it seems to be fact now. There will be more than France though. There’s a couple of generations who’ve been waiting for this all their lives and those of us who were in France have been waiting for a repeat ever since. I know so many folk who hardly ever attend matches (and never Scotland matches) who’ve booked up. Germany was always the big target. Brilliant country who will be fantastic hosts.

Pretty Boy
10-11-2023, 10:36 AM

Does that not just mean that 3M have made multiple applications? I have applied for 4 tickets a day for every day I am there, all the others in my groups have done the same. So 4 of us applying for 16 tickets a day. I'd assume every group will be the same so if they treat every ticket application as a separate entity then 20M ticket applications by 3M people seems about right. Using me as an example I'm one person but have made 5 applications.

CallumLaidlaw
10-11-2023, 10:41 AM
Does that not just mean that 3M have made multiple applications? I have applied for 4 tickets a day for every day I am there, all the others in my groups have done the same. So 4 of us applying for 16 tickets a day. I'd assume every group will be the same so if they treat every ticket application as a separate entity then 20M ticket applications by 3M people seems about right.

Probably something to do with it. Same article said at the bottom that the average person had applied for 13 tickets.

Springbank
13-11-2023, 11:04 AM
The UEFA emails were saying that the first round of ballots would be drawn by 14th Nov at the very latest (which is tomorrow)

I take it no-one else has heard a peep from UEFA today (I've not had any email update, put it that way)

CallumLaidlaw
13-11-2023, 11:06 AM
The UEFA emails were saying that the first round of ballots would be drawn by 14th Nov at the very latest (which is tomorrow)

I take it no-one else has heard a peep from UEFA today (I've not had any email update, put it that way)

Nothing yet. Checked my application and still sitting how it has been since I completed it.

lyonhibs
13-11-2023, 11:19 AM
No news here either, it'll be a mass send tomorrow I'm pretty sure.

Trinity Hibee
13-11-2023, 11:38 AM
Nothing yet. Checked my application and still sitting how it has been since I completed it.

Same here

BoomtownHibees
13-11-2023, 11:57 AM
38K members, not all of them will be going right enough

Only 7245 members have 12 points or more so those should be guaranteed tickets for any of the games. 11,615 have 11 and not all of this will go so reckon 11 might be enough.

Will mean folk having to buy tickets for all the warm up games to keep their points total up

itslegaltender
13-11-2023, 12:57 PM

Not sure, think it will be huge. So many folk I know that have never been away for a Scotland game going to Germany. You are looking at a whole generation who have never experienced it and then add in the old buggers like me who are thinking that we wont get the chance again given that the next world cup is in the States and then Saudi and the next Euros are going to be here.

Germany is so accessible, think we will take that kind of numbers.

JimBHibees
13-11-2023, 12:58 PM
Not sure, think it will be huge. So many folk I know that have never been away for a Scotland game going to Germany. You are looking at a whole generation who have never experienced it and then add in the old buggers like me who are thinking that we wont get the chance again given that the next world cup is in the States and then Saudi and the next Euros are going to be here.

Agree will be thousands going over

LaMotta
13-11-2023, 01:02 PM
Emails expected today or tomorrow. You may get the news in the portal before the email so worth checking there too.

This twitter guy is great for ticketing updates/info:

https://twitter.com/scotlandscoeff1/status/1723813644822081693?t=IcVO7ArNHtDXN4AyFetAPw&s=19

Frazerbob
13-11-2023, 01:23 PM
Only 7245 members have 12 points or more so those should be guaranteed tickets for any of the games. 11,615 have 11 and not all of this will go so reckon 11 might be enough.

Will mean folk having to buy tickets for all the warm up games to keep their points total up

If it’s the same as the last euros, SSC ticket sales will be December after the draw so the friendlies next year won’t count. I suspect this week’s games will be the last points to count.

BoomtownHibees
13-11-2023, 04:05 PM
If it’s the same as the last euros, SSC ticket sales will be December after the draw so the friendlies next year won’t count. I suspect this week’s games will be the last points to count.

Even better 😁

Ringothedog
13-11-2023, 04:33 PM

I am currently on 12 so have my fingers crossed. The game against Norway will keep me at 12. It will be tight but hopefully will be lucky.

Pretty Boy
13-11-2023, 05:04 PM
Emails expected today or tomorrow. You may get the news in the portal before the email so worth checking there too.

This twitter guy is great for ticketing updates/info:

https://twitter.com/scotlandscoeff1/status/1723813644822081693?t=IcVO7ArNHtDXN4AyFetAPw&s=19

Just checked the portal just now and my application is still sitting as pending.

Up for work at 4am tomorrow so hopefully good news by then.

lyonhibs
13-11-2023, 06:11 PM

Bloody glory hunters 😄

FilipinoHibs
13-11-2023, 07:11 PM
Booked a hotel in Berlin for 8 nights before the Cyprus game. Flights booked to Berlin from London. Going with my wife. First 8 days of the tournament. Love Berlin and showing it to my wife for the first time. Will beca great atmosphere with Scotland there.

LaMotta
13-11-2023, 08:34 PM
Booked a hotel in Berlin for 8 nights before the Cyprus game. Flights booked to Berlin from London. Going with my wife. First 8 days of the tournament. Love Berlin and showing it to my wife for the first time. Will beca great atmosphere with Scotland there.

Will you travel about if Scotland end up elsewhere?

Trinity Hibee
14-11-2023, 06:33 AM
Today’s the day

Pretty Boy
14-11-2023, 06:45 AM
Today’s the day

My plan today to to completely avoid social media and just wait for the email.

Go through this every year with the London marathon ballot and Twitter etc is always full of people second guessing how ballot results are being sent out. 'They are definitely doing women first', 'the successful people are being contacted first', 'it's definitely alphabetical', 'people who were born on 29th February are guaranteed entry' and so on.

It just becomes a stressful F5 fest and people get themselves worked into a frenzy.

Trinity Hibee
14-11-2023, 06:48 AM

Go through this every year with the London marathon ballot and Twitter etc is always full of people second guessing how ballot results are being sent out. 'They are definitely doing women first', 'the successful people are being contacted first', 'it's definitely alphabetical', 'people who were born on 29th February are guaranteed entry' and so on.

It just becomes a stressful F5 fest and people get themselves worked into a frenzy.

Good advice. Will just stick to checking emails. Chances are slim anyway

scm70nyd1973
14-11-2023, 07:07 AM

Me too.

I’m just expecting to get the square root of hehaw anyhoo - anything would be a plus

Trinity Hibee
14-11-2023, 08:11 AM
Some kind of ticket portal queue opened up

Trinity Hibee
14-11-2023, 08:25 AM
The ticket portal will be available from 11:00 CET

10am UK time

poulton hibs
14-11-2023, 08:46 AM
Portal can be accessed now. I was unsuccessful for everything.

Springbank
14-11-2023, 08:49 AM
Unsuccessful too ah well

Chorley Hibee
14-11-2023, 08:50 AM
Nothing either.

Blaster
14-11-2023, 08:51 AM
Same here. All unsuccessful

Pretty Boy
14-11-2023, 08:51 AM
4 rejections for me. Same for everyone in my group across all ticket price points and multiple venues.

Oh well, pubs it is then.

The Harp Awakes
14-11-2023, 08:58 AM
All unsuccessful too.

Trinity Hibee
14-11-2023, 08:58 AM
I got a game in Gelsenkirchen group B.

lyonhibs
14-11-2023, 09:04 AM
Got hee haw

MKHIBEE
14-11-2023, 09:04 AM
Applied for 3 got zilch

Hibby70
14-11-2023, 09:06 AM
Computer says nein

LaMotta
2 of us so far unsuccessful - applied for 5 games each.

hibIBZ
Applied for 6, all unsuccessful

HibsGW
14-11-2023, 09:07 AM
Got 3 tickets for Dortmund

Pretty Boy
14-11-2023, 09:09 AM
I got a game in Gelsenkirchen group B.

Got 3 tickets for Dortmund

Nice one. Particularly jealous of Dortmund.

See with the fan zones in each city is that just a first come first served deal or are they ticketed? Online suggests they are free of charge but doesn't actually mention if you need a ticket. Be good to know once Scotland's opening game venue is confirmed early next month.

Springbank
14-11-2023, 09:11 AM
Computer says nein

:bsod:

Trinity Hibee
14-11-2023, 09:25 AM
Nice one. Particularly jealous of Dortmund.

See with the fan zones in each city is that just a first come first served deal or are they ticketed? Online suggests they are free of charge but doesn't actually mention if you need a ticket. Be good to know once Scotland's opening game venue is confirmed early next month.

Not sure. Ticketing them would make sense. I don’t imagine they’d start that until closer to the time

Nakedmanoncrack
14-11-2023, 09:31 AM
Applied for a game every day of group stages, and 1 per round up to final. Got a group game in Dortmund, and will get the Scotland games from SSC.

LaMotta
14-11-2023, 09:43 AM
Applied for a game every day of group stages, and 1 per round up to final. Got a group game in Dortmund, and will get the Scotland games from SSC.

You'd better hope the game in Dortmund you got isnt the same day as a Scotland game or you won't be eligble for tickets for the Scotland game under Uefa rules of only allowed tickets for one game per day.

LaMotta
14-11-2023, 09:45 AM
Next steps if you didnt get tickets:

CallumLaidlaw
14-11-2023, 09:50 AM
Across our group we had 32 ticket applications in. 25 have checked so far - a total of 500 tickets applied for across 5 days. We’ve got 4 tickets so far (Düsseldorf)

Col2
14-11-2023, 09:53 AM
Applied for multiple tickets, so did my mate. Unsuccessful for all. Got 10 points in SSC but don’t think that will be enough for Scotland tickets.

JPrinty
14-11-2023, 10:32 AM
Got 3 tickets for Cologne Group A 2nd seed v 4th seed. Hoping we are drawn in Group A and end up as 2nd seeds (which I think we will if we win the remaining games).

Thankfully flights and accommodation already booked for Cologne!

CallumLaidlaw
14-11-2023, 10:33 AM
Got 3 tickets for Cologne Group A 2nd seed v 4th seed. Hoping we are drawn in Group A and end up as 2nd seeds (which I think we will if we win the remaining games).

2 v 4 isn’t the seedings I don’t think. Numbers drawn at the time of the full draw.

Willis1875
Still haven’t heard anything 🤷🏼*♂️ I take it there’s a Yay or Nay email regardless

CallumLaidlaw
Still haven’t heard anything [emoji1743]*[emoji3603] I take it there’s a Yay or Nay email regardless

Yeah but you can log in.

Willis1875
14-11-2023, 10:36 AM
Yeah but you can log in.

Just done that,Cheers

A big fat nope for me aswell

southern hibby
14-11-2023, 10:45 AM
Applied for 16 tickets and got nowt.
Obviously the brown envelope I sent to uefa wasn’t fat enough or never got there on time.

Gutted.

LaMotta
14-11-2023, 10:51 AM
Just saw a guy on Twitter who got tickets for three different games. :rolleyes:

LaMotta
14-11-2023, 10:55 AM

The number doesnt relate to seeds mate, it refers to "position of team in the group" which is allocated at draw time regardless of seed. So even if Scotland are second seeds in group A they could be team 3 in group A.

This means you still have a chance of a Scotland game though!

JPrinty
14-11-2023, 10:58 AM
The number doesnt relate to seeds mate, it refers to "position of team in the group" which is allocated at draw time regardless of seed. So even if Scotland are second seeds in group A they could be team 3 in group A.

Fair enough, just thought as Germany are a number 1 seed and are in group A (A1) then that's how it went.

LaMotta
14-11-2023, 11:00 AM
Fair enough, just thought as Germany are a number 1 seed and are in group A (A1) then that's how it went.

Thats only group where position 1 goes to 1st seed. Others will all be drawn!

Well done on getting tickets btw!

CentreLine
14-11-2023, 11:00 AM
Applied for four games. 8 tickets in total.
Got hee haw 🤨

scm70nyd1973
14-11-2023, 11:28 AM
11 games applied for and I got as many tickets as there have been penalty awards to opposing teams at Ibrox in the last year ☹️

JammyDoidger
14-11-2023, 11:35 AM
Me and all my mates got nowt. Bit unfair folk getting multiple ones, but is what it is.

Green Badger
14-11-2023, 11:40 AM
Our group applied for a total of 120 tickets across 8 games, we got precisely none.

MKHIBEE
14-11-2023, 11:45 AM
Just saw a guy on Twitter who got tickets for three different games. :rolleyes:

Of course he did.

Trinity Hibee
14-11-2023, 11:50 AM
Me and all my mates got nowt. Bit unfair folk getting multiple ones, but is what it is.

Those getting multiple could have paid for higher ticket categories as I imagine the majority will have tried for the bottom 2 categories. I applied for category 2 but said I’d accept a higher group so ended up getting a category 3 ticket.

JammyDoidger
14-11-2023, 12:08 PM
Those getting multiple could have paid for higher ticket categories as I imagine the majority will have tried for the bottom 2 categories. I applied for category 2 but said I’d accept a higher group so ended up getting a category 3 ticket.

I applied for bottom 2 to be fair, in hindsight should have applied for less games but higher prices. Couldn't justify the high prices for games that I've no idea who I'm even going to be watching, will just buy re sales closer to the time.

MagicSwirlingShip
14-11-2023, 12:10 PM
0/4 !

Nakedmanoncrack
14-11-2023, 12:13 PM
You'd better hope the game in Dortmund you got isnt the same day as a Scotland game or you won't be eligble for tickets for the Scotland game under Uefa rules of only allowed tickets for one game per day.

Would only be an issue if lead name was the same - so was easy to get around.

LaMotta
14-11-2023, 01:41 PM
Would only be an issue if lead name was the same - so was easy to get around.

I see, good stuff:aok: So you got a ticket via someone else from the ballot??

LaMotta
14-11-2023, 01:43 PM
Of course he did.

Yeah he did actually, he posted a picture of the portal.:na na:

https://twitter.com/GerryTaylorTips/status/1724374781116522963?t=PjaTxQ6qWE2rx2lLJUHPZQ&s=19

MKHIBEE
14-11-2023, 01:51 PM
Yeah he did actually, he posted a picture of the portal.:na na:

https://twitter.com/GerryTaylorTips/status/1724374781116522963?t=PjaTxQ6qWE2rx2lLJUHPZQ&s=19

Fair enough, that is some lucky streak to get that

Hibrandenburg
14-11-2023, 03:05 PM
0/10 Guess I've just saved myself €670.

Nakedmanoncrack
14-11-2023, 04:20 PM
I see, good stuff:aok: So you got a ticket via someone else from the ballot??

Yes, just did ballot application in wife's name for 3 tickets, SSC tickets will obviously be in my name.

LaMotta
14-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Yes, just did ballot application in wife's name for 3 tickets, SSC tickets will obviously be in my name.

:aok: They come in useful now and again:greengrin

Mark05
14-11-2023, 05:54 PM
I applied for 4 tickets in Berlin, I got one for the 25th priced at €150.00.All my other ticket choices were for the cheaper tickets.Im just glad to have got a ticket,sounds like I have been very lucky reading all the posts on here.I hope you are all more successful in the next ballet in December 👍

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-11-2023, 06:31 PM
I hope you are all more successful in the next ballet in December 👍

Sounds like a bit of a pantomime. 😊

Gmack7
14-11-2023, 07:08 PM
My Son got 4 tickets for the game on the 17th in frankfurt, €150 each

Hannah_hfc
14-11-2023, 07:15 PM
Applied for 3 games and was successful for D4vs D1 in Dortmund. Chances are fairly slim that Scotland will be either of those teams but buzzing to get to a Euros match whoever is playing.

Blaster
14-11-2023, 07:21 PM
My sister managed to get 3 tickets for Berlin 25th June D2 v D3 (60 euro ones)

LaMotta
14-11-2023, 07:28 PM
Applied for 3 games and was successful for D4vs D1 in Dortmund. Chances are fairly slim that Scotland will be either of those teams but buzzing to get to a Euros match whoever is playing.

There is as much chance of Scotland being one of those teams as any other so you never know!

SON OF PADDY
14-11-2023, 07:52 PM
Applied for 5 games, got the grand total of zilch !
Fans zones here we come 🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

itslegaltender
14-11-2023, 08:50 PM
got 0/12. Bawbags.

Itsnoteasy
14-11-2023, 09:44 PM
I was at euros in France, based in Bordeaux. Managed to get tix for 1 game. Rest of time we went to fan zone. They were free & huge. Unless the hosts were playing the fan zones were pretty empty.

Col2
14-11-2023, 11:03 PM
Love how UEFA set up a blind auction, no idea who you are playing and insist on paying for all tickets (take it or leave it) and within 7 days payment and before the draw so punters take all the risk and liability…….and even then still don’t have an ounce of respect to bother emailing fans who have been unsuccessful in ticket allocation.

Nakedmanoncrack
15-11-2023, 05:26 AM
Anyone who was successful managed to pay for their tickets yet?

Trinity Hibee
15-11-2023, 06:18 AM
Anyone who was successful managed to pay for their tickets yet?

Yeah I paid for mine straight away and got confirmation email straight away

Nakedmanoncrack
15-11-2023, 07:05 AM
Yeah I paid for mine straight away and got confirmation email straight away

Got there eventually 👍🏻

Itsnoteasy
15-11-2023, 07:29 AM
Love how UEFA set up a blind auction, no idea who you are playing and insist on paying for all tickets (take it or leave it) and within 7 days payment and before the draw so punters take all the risk and liability…….and even then still don’t have an ounce of respect to bother emailing fans who have been unsuccessful in ticket allocation.

Totally agree with your points.
Not sure about yourself but I got an email to say I was unsuccessful in the draw.

Selling all tix early nearly guarantees all matches are a sell out. When I went to Euros in France I got tix for Austria v Hungary, do you really think that would have been a sell out if you could pick & choose your games.

Like music concerts or any big sporting events you need to pay well in advance of the event so Uefa aren't doing anything different from the rest.

lyonhibs
15-11-2023, 07:46 AM
Totally agree with your points.
Not sure about yourself but I got an email to say I was unsuccessful in the draw.

Selling all tix early nearly guarantees all matches are a sell out. When I went to Euros in France I got tix for Austria v Hungary, do you really think that would have been a sell out if you could pick & choose your games.

Like music concerts or any big sporting events you need to pay well in advance of the event so Uefa aren't doing anything different from the rest.

You must be a VIP then :greengrin, I got no communication from them by e-mail of that nature, only knew by logging in to the portal.

I'll be in Germany either way, hoping to get to a game or 2 in person though

MKHIBEE
15-11-2023, 07:46 AM
Hopefully after the draw is made there will be a chance to get tickets for some games that might be less popular, as well as Scotland tickets.

Stubbsy90+2
15-11-2023, 08:02 AM
I got an email to say I was unsuccessful.

Pretty Boy
15-11-2023, 08:02 AM
You must be a VIP then :greengrin, I got no communication from them by e-mail of that nature, only knew by logging in to the portal.

I had an email come in just before midnight last night, long after I knew the result on the portal.

Bushwoof
15-11-2023, 08:52 AM
Applied for 10 matches, got none, and no email either.

Compared to previous tournaments there seems to be a real problem getting tickets. Is football so much more popular nowadays that demand has increased to the point that the system is unworkable?

lyonhibs
15-11-2023, 08:56 AM
Applied for 10 matches, got none, and no email either.

Compared to previous tournaments there seems to be a real problem getting tickets. Is football so much more popular nowadays that demand has increased to the point that the system is unworkable?

First tournament in a proper football country that's untouched by COVID, demand may well be through the roof

Itsnoteasy
15-11-2023, 10:34 AM

I'm so VIP I got the square root of £3ck all on the ticket front.

SteveHFC
15-11-2023, 01:48 PM
“EURO 2024 Ticket Sales Date

Our EURO 2024 Ticket sale will commence on Wednesday, 6 December.

We will communicate full sales and ballot information once we have all details from UEFA.”

From the Scotland Supporters Club email.

Ringothedog
15-11-2023, 01:56 PM

We will communicate full sales and ballot information once we have all details from UEFA.”

SSC account up to date- check
UEFA account accessible-check
Nerves kicking in- check

Bristolhibby
15-11-2023, 02:23 PM

Now just waiting on the draw.

I have enough points for all games. Cannot wait!

Could do without paying for them all just before Christmas though!

J

SteveHFC
15-11-2023, 02:38 PM
SSC account up to date- check
UEFA account accessible-check
Nerves kicking in- check

Yep everything checked.

Michael
15-11-2023, 05:37 PM
Me and my four friends didn't get any between us. Congrats to those that managed!

Torto7062
15-11-2023, 05:54 PM

Hi mate what Train Pass you talking about ?
We're staying Dusseldorf 8 nights so be good to know

Stairway 2 7
15-11-2023, 06:21 PM
Hi mate what Train Pass you talking about ?
We're staying Dusseldorf 8 nights so be good to know

If you only need regional trains you can get a 49€ month pass. If using high speed ice trains then need to get a German train pass. That's different prices depending on how many days for example about £160 for any 3 days in a month or £250 for 7

Could get lucky and Scotland are just in North Rhein and you can get away with only needing the 49€ pass. Or even if they are far away for one date you could get 49€ pass use it to get from airport, visit Dortmund Koln, then get day ticket for far away game

I'll post again once draw is made to say what I'm going to be getting

Col2
15-11-2023, 06:23 PM

I have 9 points (turning to 10 once Norway game done). Currently 22k on supporters club list at that level and they think c9500 tickets will be available for each of the 3 games. Have I got no chance of getting a ticket (just for one game, not greedy!)?

Torto7062
15-11-2023, 08:12 PM
If you only need regional trains you can get a 49€ month pass. If using high speed ice trains then need to get a German train pass. That's different prices depending on how many days for example about £160 for any 3 days in a month or £250 for 7

Could get lucky and Scotland are just in North Rhein and you can get away with only needing the 49€ pass. Or even if they are far away for one date you could get 49€ pass use it to get from airport, visit Dortmund Koln, then get day ticket for far away game

I'll post again once draw is made to say what I'm going to be getting
Cheers

davhibby
15-11-2023, 10:25 PM
I have 9 points (turning to 10 once Norway game done). Currently 22k on supporters club list at that level and they think c9500 tickets will be available for each of the 3 games. Have I got no chance of getting a ticket (just for one game, not greedy!)?

It might end up dropping to 11(maybe 10 at a push) since not everyone will be able to do all 3 games in the group. The best hope for there being tickets available post ssc sale is that we draw teams that won’t carry a big support and end up handing tickets back to uefa

Col2
15-11-2023, 10:31 PM
It might end up dropping to 11(maybe 10 at a push) since not everyone will be able to do all 3 games in the group. The best hope for there being tickets available post ssc sale is that we draw teams that won’t carry a big support and end up handing tickets back to uefa

Thanks that makes sense. I wobbled on the hospitality but cost is ridiculous especially when I need to pay for myself and my son!!

SteveHFC
15-11-2023, 10:48 PM

J

Just hope the prices aren’t absolutely ridiculous.

MKHIBEE
16-11-2023, 05:10 AM
Just hope the prices aren’t absolutely ridiculous.

https://support.tickets-euro2024.uefa.com/hc/en-us/articles/10384352198300-How-much-do-tickets-cost-

lyonhibs
16-11-2023, 07:42 AM
https://support.tickets-euro2024.uefa.com/hc/en-us/articles/10384352198300-How-much-do-tickets-cost-

Find it a tad ridiculous that the jump from cat 3 to cat 2 is so much, but there we go.

CentreLine
16-11-2023, 08:35 AM
Finally got my bad news email this morning but at least it means they have my correct email.

lugz
16-11-2023, 09:36 AM
Also received the bad news that my ticket application was unsuccessful. Had holidays booked for group stages but think I'll just take off the days we're playing and head into Edinburgh to watch.

LaMotta
16-11-2023, 09:47 AM
Find it a tad ridiculous that the jump from cat 3 to cat 2 is so much, better there we go.

:agree: Its an absolute joke. The category 2 seats arent even that great, no idea why the jump is so high.

Category 1 and Fans first by far and away best seats.

JimBHibees
16-11-2023, 10:18 AM
:agree: Its an absolute joke. The category 2 seats arent even that great, no idea why the jump is so high.

What is fans first all about?

JimBHibees
16-11-2023, 10:19 AM
Is there another ballot in December?

lyonhibs
16-11-2023, 10:48 AM
Is there another ballot in December?

No, only if people who got lucky in the ballot don't pay up in time, those tickets "get offered" I think to people who were unsuccessful in the ballot "based on their ranking in the ballot" - which of course nobody knows 😂

lyonhibs
16-11-2023, 10:51 AM

Inevitably in the "boundary areas" of each price band, you'll get people who paid 90 euros a skull more sitting 6 feet from someone in a cat 3 seat 😂😂

MKHIBEE
16-11-2023, 11:17 AM

UEFA feel good about themselves factor

JimBHibees
16-11-2023, 11:55 AM
No, only if people who got lucky in the ballot don't pay up in time, those tickets "get offered" I think to people who were unsuccessful in the ballot "based on their ranking in the ballot" - which of course nobody knows 😂

Cheers

poulton hibs
16-11-2023, 01:14 PM
Inevitably in the "boundary areas" of each price band, you'll get people who paid 90 euros a skull more sitting 6 feet from someone in a cat 3 seat 😂😂

That's really annoying. I got tickets for the France - Portugal 2016 final at the Stade De France. I got allocated Cat 2 tickets in the ballot at 595 Euro and was 4 seats from cat 3 which were 295 Euro.

LaMotta
16-11-2023, 02:50 PM

Its the seats behind goals at both ends of stadiums. They are the cheapest tickets, I think most are going to associations for national team fans, so there wasn't that many available during the ballot there.

SteveHFC
20-11-2023, 09:46 PM
“The associations have around 9,000 tickets per game available in the group phase; prices start at 30 euros per ticket. In the first application phase, which ended on October 26th, UEFA has already received more than 20 million ticket applications for the European Championship.”

From the German fan club. Each team will get 9000 tickets per game in the group stage.

Torto7062
21-11-2023, 09:01 PM
Just a thought....
Maybe closer to the finals we could start threads for each host city so like minded fans Hibs/Scottish can meet up

Trinity Hibee
22-11-2023, 11:36 AM
Just a thought....
Maybe closer to the finals we could start threads for each host city so like minded fans Hibs/Scottish can meet up

Good idea

SteveHFC
22-11-2023, 02:51 PM

J

SSC points table updated after Georgia and Norway.

Currently 7869 members with 12 points or more.

Ringothedog
23-11-2023, 10:20 AM
SSC points table updated after Georgia and Norway.

Currently 7869 members with 12 points or more.

Thank goodness I am on 13

MKHIBEE
23-11-2023, 03:04 PM
UEFA emailed me saying there were some tickets available due to non payment. I got one for a game in Dortmund.
Check your emails!.

Stubbsy90+2
23-11-2023, 03:19 PM
UEFA emailed me saying there were some tickets available due to non payment. I got one for a game in Dortmund.
Check your emails!.

Congrats! Nothing in mine unfortunately, tried logging into my ticket portal to see if that would let me do anything but no luck with that either.

I’ve got one for Dortmund through a family member, can’t wait.

CallumLaidlaw
23-11-2023, 03:27 PM
Check your emails!.

Was that for a game you’d previously applied for?

BS44
23-11-2023, 03:54 PM

My brother's pal got similar email and has now got four tickets for two games in Dortmund, it was games he had went for in the ballot

MKHIBEE
23-11-2023, 03:57 PM

No, it’s D1v D4 on 25th June.

Bishop Hibee
23-11-2023, 04:01 PM
I’m going. I’ve got 12 loyalty points so should get tickets. Accommodation is fine, just got to work out how I’m getting there when the draw is made and the tickets come through.

Pretty Boy
23-11-2023, 04:27 PM
My brother's pal got similar email and has now got four tickets for two games in Dortmund, it was games he had went for in the ballot

Got 4 tickets for the game in Frankfurt on Monday 17th, one I had previously applied for. €200 a pop but it's too good a chance to pass up.

MKHIBEE
23-11-2023, 04:35 PM
Got 4 tickets for the game in Frankfurt on Monday 14th, one I had previously applied for. €200 a pop but it's too good a chance to pass up.
Hopefully you don’t turn up on the 14th!!

Pretty Boy
23-11-2023, 04:56 PM
Hopefully you don’t turn up on the 14th!!

Fair point, well made😅

CentreLine
23-11-2023, 05:03 PM
Check your emails!.

Many congratulations. Unfortunate not a peep in my emails but you’ll have a ball. 👍🏻

BS44
23-11-2023, 05:04 PM
Got 4 tickets for the game in Frankfurt on Monday 14th, one I had previously applied for. €200 a pop but it's too good a chance to pass up.

Is that the ticket price you applied for in first ballot? He applied for 160 tickets and that's what he's been offered now, and same as you to good a opportunity to turn down

bod
23-11-2023, 05:53 PM
160 ! Is he a tout ?

Pretty Boy
23-11-2023, 05:53 PM
Is that the ticket price you applied for in first ballot? He applied for 160 tickets and that's what he's been offered now, and same as you to good a opportunity to turn down

One of the games aye. I applied for the €50 tickets (I think, whatever the 2nd cheapest was) but said I would accept in another price band so was always willing to pay a bit extra if the chance came up.

Getting a Scotland game would be the dream but happy just to be getting to a game. Would rather it wasn't England but other than that I'm happy.

Since90+2
23-11-2023, 05:57 PM
Got tickets for a game between 2nd and 3rd seeds in Stuttgart. Could be Scotland so fingers crossed.

Since90+2
23-11-2023, 05:58 PM
For tickets that are balloted I'm guessing there's no segregation?

CallumLaidlaw
23-11-2023, 06:00 PM
Got tickets for a game between 2nd and 3rd seeds in Stuttgart. Could be Scotland so fingers crossed.

2 v 3 doesn’t mean second v third seeds.
Group positions will be drawn for each country as they’re drawn out the hat.

Pretty Boy
23-11-2023, 06:18 PM

As Callum has said C2 and C3 doesn't necessarily mean 2nd and 3rd seeds in the group.

The only certainty at the moment is that Germany are A1. Everything else is decided at the draw.

Since90+2
23-11-2023, 06:38 PM
As Callum has said C2 and C3 doesn't necessarily mean 2nd and 3rd seeds in the group.

The only certainty at the moment is that Germany are A1. Everything else is decided at the draw.

Ah ok never realised that. The tickets say it's Group A Germany's group.

So it can basically be anyone with the exception of Germany?