PDA

View Full Version : Monty Post Match

Dashing Bob S
07-10-2023, 05:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gogkR1IysY&list=TLPQMDcxMDIwMjPc10V6EWnU2Q&index=2

judas
07-10-2023, 05:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gogkR1IysY&list=TLPQMDcxMDIwMjPc10V6EWnU2Q&index=2

Good to have a straight talker in charge.

Carheenlea
07-10-2023, 07:02 PM
The on-pitch post match reaction was very telling for me.

Monty and the players came up to acknowledge the fans at the end. No histrionics, just an expression of thanks to the fans.

That tells us that he’s not ****ing about and treating draws as moral victories, regardless of the deficit clawed back. When the wins come, that’ll be the time for celebrations.

Can you imagine the scenes if it was the other way about…?

greenlex
07-10-2023, 07:05 PM
Unbeaten as Hibs manager. I’m really looking forward to a window or two when he’s had time and an opportunity to get some of his “own” players in.

ZitellZeTime
07-10-2023, 07:10 PM
Good to have a straight talker in charge.

Exactly what I thought after listening. Breathe of fresh air compared to the ***** and often repetitive stuff LJ would say after matches.

Glad he mentioned Levitt too, he looked sharp when he came on. Noticed against Dundee although Newell was great again. Levitt just seem to have that something special reading the game and splitting the defence open from the middle rather than having to attack all the time. Hopefully back to full match fitness. The amount of chances we had last week, being able to mix it more will make a difference.

Newell has been outstanding this season, even under LJ from as early as Luzern etc. I've criticised him in the past for not being consistent but he's been different gravy this season, proper box to box type covering every blade of grass. That fake tan must be dripping off after every single game this season so far !

Youan though ffs the amount of times wanted him to shoot last week but he would stop wait and cut back. He's did it before plenty times and is capable and were a few great chances where he sped away to the keeper in second half last week he should have had a shot.

I was sitting in a different seat from usual last week as had ma wee laddie with me, boy along from me just shouted about Youan being ***** and clueless on the ball from the very first minute of the game, ****ing tool.