PDA

View Full Version : Your top three Hibs men you've seen

Bostonhibby
06-10-2023, 07:22 PM
Okay, so the very good thread re talented players inspired me.

I'm still going for Pat Stanton, first equal with Joe Baker for his early career and HOH efforts, second place to Jimmy, Jimmy O'Rourke and Erich Schaedler just because........

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
06-10-2023, 07:27 PM
George Stewart Eric Stevenson and Big Daz all loved the Hibs

WhileTheChief..
06-10-2023, 07:32 PM
I don't get it. How is this one different to the other thread??!!

Top 3 most talented players we've seen in a Hibs shirt and now Top 3 Hibs men we've seen.

What am I missing?

Mick O'Rourke
06-10-2023, 07:38 PM
Okay, so the very good thread re talented players inspired me.

I'm still going for Pat Stanton, first equal with Joe Baker for his early career and HOH efforts, second place to Jimmy, Jimmy O'Rourke and Erich Schaedler just because........

The great Joe Baker of course; But Joe left these shores when i was still in the cubs!!
His brother Gerry Baker became my idol,as did Eric Stevenson and the genius that was Willie Hamilton

When Joe returned to Hibs and subsequently did hospitality/greeter duties at the Holy Ground ,he and Jimmy O'Rourke became firstly good partners up front in the team, which was a dream come true for Jimmy and long time pals/
Jimmy always referred to Joe as Guiseppe (Italian for Joseph),a nod to his Italy/ Torino days .

"When will we see their likes again"

BH
Those three annd your selection playing for Hibs today?
League winners!!

Bostonhibby
06-10-2023, 07:38 PM
I don't get it. How is this one different to the other thread??!!

Top 3 most talented players we've seen in a Hibs shirt and now Top 3 Hibs men we've seen.

What am I missing?Maybe not as good at silky football stuff like the excellent Ally MacLeod, but offering an outlet for great players with a different offering?

George Best was some talent, and for some was deservedly mentioned......

Either way, enjoy, participate, or don't.

Bostonhibby
06-10-2023, 08:00 PM
The great Joe Baker of course; But Joe left these shores when i was still in the cubs!!
His brother Gerry Baker became my idol,as did Eric Stevenson and the genius that was Willie Hamilton

When Joe returned to Hibs and subsequently did hospitality/greeter duties at the Holy Ground ,he and Jimmy O'Rourke became firstly good partners up front in the team, which was a dream come true for Jimmy and long time pals/
Jimmy always referred to Joe as Guiseppe (Italian for Joseph),a nod to his Italy/ Torino days .

"When will we see their likes again"

BH
Those three annd your selection playing for Hibs today?
League winners!![emoji106] Thanks for your understanding of the point of the thread Mick, and I could make a case for the same names as you...

HoboHarry
06-10-2023, 08:18 PM
John Blackley for putting John Greig on his arse squealing like a pig, Conrad Logan for his display against Dundee United and Bobby Thomson for banjoing a linesman (something we've all wanted to do at some point)

Bostonhibby
06-10-2023, 08:34 PM
John Blackley for putting John Greig on his arse squealing like a pig, Conrad Logan for his display against Dundee United and Bobby Thomson for banjoing a linesman (something we've all wanted to do at some point)Now we're talking [emoji16]

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-10-2023, 08:35 PM
Collins, Goram, Riordan.

Northernhibee
06-10-2023, 09:02 PM
In terms of representing everything this club is about?

Lewis Stevenson, Paul Hanlon, Darren McGregor and David Gray.

I don’t care that it’s four, they’re as legendary as any other name that could appear here.

Donegal Hibby
06-10-2023, 09:16 PM
Abit jealous of some of players others have seen like Stanton, O'Rourke, Hamilton , Baker ......... though some I've seen without going for obvious ones like Sauzee, Lapaty.

Micky Weir = loved watching Weir , tricky winger who had a fiery side to his character. Couldn't have placed the ball on Keith's head any better in the semi when we beat the Huns , won a penalty in the final too 🏆.

Gordon Hunter = Stopped the rot and was hard as nails . Always felt like he would go through a break wall for the club.

Lewis Stevenson = League & Scottish cup winner 🏆 . Loyal and totally committed Hibs player . I've also read the Lewis Stevenson thread and believe every word too 😁