PDA

View Full Version : Cinch terminate SPFL sponsorship deal two years early.

Chorley Hibee
04-10-2023, 02:26 PM
https://news.stv.tv/sport/cinch-ends-sponsorship-of-spfl-two-years-early

grunt
04-10-2023, 02:29 PM
https://news.stv.tv/sport/cinch-ends-sponsorship-of-spfl-two-years-early
Thanks Rangers.

Mick O'Rourke
04-10-2023, 02:38 PM
Thanks Rangers.

Thanks sevco .....you despicable cabal of *&^%%$£+
Paddy Power next league sponsor please !

Since90+2
04-10-2023, 02:53 PM
Get Paddy Power in as sponsor.

cabbageandribs1875
04-10-2023, 03:00 PM
**** off Sevco & **** off Park

Smartie
04-10-2023, 03:06 PM
A rare win for the Sevco franchise.

HoboHarry
04-10-2023, 03:14 PM
**** off Sevco & **** off Park
Park has already *****d off but yes I agree with the general sentiment.

Betty Boop
04-10-2023, 03:37 PM
I'm sure Doncaster will earn his huge bloated salary and come up with another exciting sponsorship deal.

WestCoastHibby
04-10-2023, 03:40 PM
Doncaster is the jammiest guy in football
What exactly does he do for the horrendously high salary??!

HoboHarry
04-10-2023, 03:41 PM
Doncaster is the jammiest guy in football
What exactly does he do for the horrendously high salary??!
Whatever Sevco tells him to do.

weecounty hibby
04-10-2023, 04:09 PM
Merge all the different groups, SFA, SPFL, SJFA, etc etc. Bin the likes of Doncaster and save a fortune. Get someone in who can truly sell what is a very good product. And per capita is attended by a huge amount of people. Doncaster has been a huge mistake. And yes I agree, **** off huns

Carheenlea
04-10-2023, 04:46 PM
How have we got to a scenario where we effectively have to run sponsorship proposals past Rangers first?

A shameful episode, and folk wonder why we can’t attract a decent TV deal?

Tail wagging the dog stuff.

HoboHarry
04-10-2023, 04:50 PM
Merge all the different groups, SFA, SPFL, SJFA, etc etc. Bin the likes of Doncaster and save a fortune. Get someone in who can truly sell what is a very good product. And per capita is attended by a huge amount of people. Doncaster has been a huge mistake. And yes I agree, **** off huns
Celtic too. We will never have a fair and competitive league until they are both gone. Not likely to happen any time soon but one can but hope.

HoboHarry
04-10-2023, 04:51 PM
How have we got to a scenario where we effectively have to run sponsorship proposals past Rangers first?

That's exactly where we are at and when they don't run it by Sevco first they have to go back and publicly apologise.

ScottB
04-10-2023, 04:54 PM
Absolute nonsense that Rangers were allowed to do this, as if tin pot Parks is a competitor of Cinch.

Hibbyradge
04-10-2023, 04:56 PM
Why are people attacking Doncaster? This isn't his fault, is it?

Northernhibee
04-10-2023, 04:57 PM
The non OF clubs should get together and resign from the league, forming a breakaway.

Billy Whizz
04-10-2023, 04:57 PM
Why are people attacking Doncaster? This isn't his fault, is it?

Of course not, Cinch have borrowed a lot of money, wonder how they are getting on financially

HoboHarry
04-10-2023, 04:58 PM
The non OF clubs should get together and resign from the league, forming a breakaway.
They (including Hibs) are too fond of the Sevco/Celtic pound.

Since452
04-10-2023, 05:10 PM
It's a real shame Ron isn't here anymore. He had a lot of good ideas on how to promote and push Scottish football forward especially sponsorship. A huge loss to our game.

worcesterhibby
04-10-2023, 05:11 PM
While Doncaster is a knob and Sevco can go and do one....I think this has probably got just as much to do with Cinch's finances. In 2021 they lost £22 million as they built their brand.. in 2022 they lost an eyewatering £149 million quid. I suspect that is unsustainable and they are drastically cutting back on their advertising.

04-10-2023, 05:17 PM
Whatever Sevco tells him to do.

Does he? I thought they wanted rid of him because he doesn't kowtow to them and they want someone who does.

LancsHibs
04-10-2023, 05:25 PM
Cinch are an on line car dealer and Parks of Hamilton is a bus company?? What are the Huns moaning about?

PatHead
04-10-2023, 05:49 PM
Does he? I thought they wanted rid of him because he doesn't kowtow to them and they want someone who does.

They also claim referees are biased against them.

PatHead
04-10-2023, 05:50 PM
Cinch are an on line car dealer and Parks of Hamilton is a bus company?? What are the Huns moaning about?

Parks of Hamilton are also a chain of car dealerships

Cat Stanton
04-10-2023, 07:12 PM
Thanks sevco .....you despicable cabal of *&^%%$£+
Paddy Power next league sponsor please !

It would be a sad day for society if Paddy Power was to be anyone's hero/white knight.

Joe6-2
04-10-2023, 07:37 PM

As has been the case for many a year!

Mick O'Rourke
04-10-2023, 07:51 PM
It would be a sad day for society if Paddy Power was to be anyone's hero/white knight.

I understand that
That was tongue in cheek of course, with PP having a laugh at sevcos expense.
It would be a great day for society if betting was treated like strong drink/tobacco in sports sponsorship.

Mind when cig companies ran the show in promotion/sponsorship.
The ban on drink and tobacco products in sport led to the increase in gambling/betting companies/ online sites getting involved in a number of sports that have huge tv coverage.

It was also a sad day for most of Scottish society when that entity was allowed back into the league system after dying.

Zombies indeed !

SChibs
04-10-2023, 08:20 PM
Not sure Rangers have done much wrong here

HoboHarry
04-10-2023, 08:28 PM
Not sure Rangers have done much wrong here
Who cares, I'd blame them for absolutely everything that's wrong in the world. **** 'em.

7Hero
04-10-2023, 08:46 PM
Not Sure how this is an issue, must be plenty companies sponsoring leagues where their are similar companies who sponsor the clubs in those leagues.

1875Sean
04-10-2023, 09:28 PM
Not Sure how this is an issue, must be plenty companies sponsoring leagues where their are similar companies who sponsor the clubs in those leagues.

It may be, Scottish cup went a few seasons without sponsor, don’t thinking they will be queuing up, plus Doncaster and co are useless

Eyrie
04-10-2023, 09:30 PM

For example, we were sponsored by Marathon Bet when we won the 2016 William Hill Scottish Cup by beating Sevco who were sponsored by 32 Red.

7Hero
04-10-2023, 09:48 PM
For example, we were sponsored by Marathon Bet when we won the 2016 William Hill Scottish Cup by beating Sevco who were sponsored by 32 Red.

Couldn't get a more obvious one than that..

Great spot..

Stubbsy90+2
04-10-2023, 09:54 PM

:agree:

This season we’ve got on the front of everyone’s shirts (some have different home and away sponsors)

Engineering firm x 3
Bookies x 3
Charities
Online whisky valuation company or whatever Bevvy are
Gas engineers
Spill control and containment
Law firm x 2
Social care
Construction firm

Not to mention the likes of Utilita who sponsor our kids strips etc and any additional sleeve/shirt sponsors teams have seeing as parks weren’t even a main rangers sponsor. Should we avoid all these types of companies when seeking a league sponsor?

nonshinyfinish
05-10-2023, 08:47 AM
Not to labour the point, but just for Hibs I count 61 sponsors/partners here: https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/sponsorship/partners

Includes a fair few cases where there are multiple companies in the same industry. Presumably the partnership with Lucozade rules out the much-requested 7up shirt sponsor…

Principal Partners

Joma
Bevvy.com
Gleann Mòr Spirits
Eleven Sports Media
Acronis | Dunedin IT
Sports Direct
ADI TV
Capital Credit Union
Andrews Sykes
Utilita

Official Partners

Sidey
Bartercard
UPAC
Sustainable FM
Macklin Motors
IFX Payments
Lucozade
MB Media
QuinnBet
G4 Claims
Marsbet
Simplexity
Zest Energy
AAA Coaches
Omnia Outsourcing
MGM Timber
Innovative Partners
T R Barbour
Hanlon Stevenson Foundation
Grilla Energy
LNER

Regional Partners/Suppliers

3 Pillars Financial Planning
Environmental Waste Controls
Gaucho
McRobb Signs
Skootz
Tennent's
Legend Soccer
FootAsylum
Barclays Funeral Directors
Social Asking

Community Partners

T R Barbour
Safe Building Services Ltd
Paramount
Paul Heat Recovery
Owen Gibb & Sons
Cox & Co
Forth Capital
CT1
AGL
Cowan & Partners
CM Gates
AAA Coaches
Cullross
Perses
JSL
Vitaliteeth
Nationwide Fire Damper Inspections
JD Smith
Eye Surgery Scotland
Bite Dentistry
GP Plus

Carheenlea
05-10-2023, 09:10 AM
Not to labour the point, but just for Hibs I count 61 sponsors/partners here: https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/sponsorship/partners

Includes a fair few cases where there are multiple companies in the same industry. Presumably the partnership with Lucozade rules out the much-requested 7up shirt sponsor…

Principal Partners

Joma
Bevvy.com
Gleann Mòr Spirits
Eleven Sports Media
Acronis | Dunedin IT
Sports Direct
ADI TV
Capital Credit Union
Andrews Sykes
Utilita

Official Partners

Sidey
Bartercard
UPAC
Sustainable FM
Macklin Motors
IFX Payments
Lucozade
MB Media
QuinnBet
G4 Claims
Marsbet
Simplexity
Zest Energy
AAA Coaches
Omnia Outsourcing
MGM Timber
Innovative Partners
T R Barbour
Grilla Energy
LNER

Gaucho
McRobb Signs
Skootz
Tennent's
Legend Soccer
FootAsylum
Social Asking

Community Partners

T R Barbour
Paramount
Paul Heat Recovery
Owen Gibb & Sons
Cox & Co
Forth Capital
CT1
AGL
Cowan & Partners
CM Gates
AAA Coaches
Cullross
Perses
JSL
Vitaliteeth
JD Smith
Eye Surgery Scotland
Bite Dentistry
GP Plus

Reads like a list of Hearts creditors.

Northernhibee
05-10-2023, 09:10 AM
Reads like a list of Hearts creditors.

Can’t be, it didn’t cause the processor on my computer to have a meltdown trying to load it.

Stuart93
05-10-2023, 09:11 AM

Principal Partners

Joma
Bevvy.com
Gleann Mòr Spirits
Eleven Sports Media
Acronis | Dunedin IT
Sports Direct
ADI TV
Capital Credit Union
Andrews Sykes
Utilita

Official Partners

Sidey
Bartercard
UPAC
Sustainable FM
Macklin Motors
IFX Payments
Lucozade
MB Media
QuinnBet
G4 Claims
Marsbet
Simplexity
Zest Energy
AAA Coaches
Omnia Outsourcing
MGM Timber
Innovative Partners
T R Barbour
Grilla Energy
LNER

Gaucho
McRobb Signs
Skootz
Tennent's
Legend Soccer
FootAsylum
Social Asking

Community Partners

T R Barbour
Paramount
Paul Heat Recovery
Owen Gibb & Sons
Cox & Co
Forth Capital
CT1
AGL
Cowan & Partners
CM Gates
AAA Coaches
Cullross
Perses
JSL
Vitaliteeth
JD Smith
Eye Surgery Scotland
Bite Dentistry
GP Plus

Superb that. Must be some amount of cash coming in to the club on the back of this list

jacomo
05-10-2023, 05:49 PM

The cinch deal was, Sevco were represented at all the right levels within the SPFL and signed it off. But then Park went radge.

tamig
05-10-2023, 07:35 PM
Superb that. Must be some amount of cash coming in to the club on the back of this list

Its been a remarkable turnaround under the new regime on the commercial front. Can only be of benefit in the longer term to us all 🙌

allezsauzee
06-10-2023, 12:32 PM
Cinch have been burning through their cash reserves so I'd imagine this is more about them not wanting to go the same way as Rangers than anything to do with The Rangers (2012).

ancient hibee
06-10-2023, 03:26 PM
If they're worried about £1.6million a year they're in big trouble.

jacomo
06-10-2023, 04:49 PM
Cinch have been burning through their cash reserves so I'd imagine this is more about them not wanting to go the same way as Rangers than anything to do with The Rangers (2012).

Good point. Cazoo were the same… sponsored everything and then pulled out.

ScottB
06-10-2023, 10:42 PM
Makes sense, the era of cheap money and easy investment for start ups is over. If Cinch is still reliant on external funding then I imagine they’ll be cutting their cloth…

Pretty Boy
07-10-2023, 08:17 AM
It was handled appallingly but when you actually read Rangers complaints about the Cinch deal then they made some valid points.

It was a terrible deal that forced both the league and individual clubs to give away premium advertising space on strips, in stadiums, on websites, in marketing etc for a relative pittance.

Whether there is anything better in the pipeline is another matter of course. I daresay we will end up with something broadly similar again with the same arguments forthcoming from those clubs who, like it or not, could sell the same advertising space for more with a unilateral deal.

O'Rourke3
07-10-2023, 11:52 AM
It was handled appallingly but when you actually read Rangers complaints about the Cinch deal then they made some valid points.

I hope you showered after that....

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk