PDA

View Full Version : Obita's booking after Kerr's challenge

GreenArmy1875
01-10-2023, 08:36 AM
Can someone explain why Obita is booked for his reaction but Kerr is equally shoving players but gets no booking and a booking for what I assume is the foul only?

It's always annoyed me that one with refs.

Helensburghhibs
01-10-2023, 08:52 AM
Can someone explain why Obita is booked for his reaction but Kerr is equally shoving players but gets no booking and a booking for what I assume is the foul only?

Its a cop out, not written in the rules anywhere but refs use it all the time

lugz
01-10-2023, 08:53 AM

Happened right in front of us been booked for his reaction, grabbed the guys shirt right after the tackle and almost pinned him to the ground :greengrin well within his right to be annoyed after a shocking tackle.

I do like that about our team now they don't stand for any nonsense: obits, miller, newell etc all love to get stuck in and aren't shy in noising up their opponents.

CL0762
01-10-2023, 08:57 AM
Kerr is a lucky boy to have made a career out of football as he’s absolutely ***** at it

Joe6-2
01-10-2023, 09:00 AM
Happened right in front of us been booked for his reaction, grabbed the guys shirt right after the tackle and almost pinned him to the ground :greengrin well within his right to be annoyed after a shocking tackle.

I do like that about our team now they don't stand for any nonsense: obits, miller, newell etc all love to get stuck in and aren't shy in noising up their opponents.

Sadly Hibs seem to be penalised (unfairly) for it more than any other side

Bostonhibby
01-10-2023, 09:01 AM
Is it because the officials are John Beaton and Nick Walsh?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Skol
01-10-2023, 09:34 AM
Players should know better and not react as the double booking is inevitable.

BILLYHIBS
01-10-2023, 09:38 AM
Did react to a bad tackle grabbed his shirt/leg ended up in an angry heap
Always gonna be a double booking didn’t help with baldy Zac Rudden running 20 yards to make sure Brother Beaton did his job

B.H.F.C
01-10-2023, 09:45 AM
Players should know better and not react as the double booking is inevitable.

Easier said than done when someone has just intentionally clattered you.

Looked a bad challenge from the East.

SChibs
01-10-2023, 09:45 AM
What annoyed me more is their CDM got involved by pushing someone with 2 hands but avoided q booking. He'd already been booked previously so just a cop out from the ref

Skol
01-10-2023, 09:52 AM
Easier said than done when someone has just intentionally clattered you.

Looked a bad challenge from the East.

I agree, but it’s a predictable and frustrating outcome. I hate it when players react as you just know the injustice will follow

Stubbsy90+2
01-10-2023, 10:54 AM
Whilst on the ground Kerr didn’t do anything wrong .

Did he react once back up on his feet? To begin with he just kind of lay there while Obita reacted.

Skol
01-10-2023, 11:27 AM
Whilst on the ground Kerr didn’t do anything wrong .

Did he react once back up on his feet? To begin with he just kind of lay there while Obita reacted.

It’s obita reaction that I am talking about. Couldn’t care what the opponent does as he gets punished. Obita received a needless card imo

Broken Gnome
01-10-2023, 12:33 PM
We don't half overanalyse things in life these days.

Obita's just been levelled and ends up basically lying on top of guy who tried to give him a dull one. Human nature says he's hardly going to caress him and help him back his feet.

So what if he got booked? Understandable all around no?

Skol
01-10-2023, 01:35 PM
We don't half overanalyse things in life these days.

Obita's just been levelled and ends up basically lying on top of guy who tried to give him a dull one. Human nature says he's hardly going to caress him and help him back his feet.

So what if he got booked? Understandable all around no?

No

What if he gets a second yellow for something else and then ten man hibs lose a goal.

Broken Gnome
01-10-2023, 02:45 PM
No

What if he gets a second yellow for something else and then ten man hibs lose a goal.

Because people are fallible?

There's daft bookings which deserve criticism, and there's situations like yesterday where it's not really worth the time or energy to criticise what's pretty natural behaviour.

Broxburn Greens
01-10-2023, 09:02 PM

Said the same at the game yesterday, if Kerr doesn’t make the challenge then there’s no reacting going to happen.

As someone else said it’s a kop out from refs.

If both players are shoving after the challenge then why isn’t the original offender booked twice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liam89
02-10-2023, 07:49 AM
He whipped Kerr over and dunted his head against the turf, if you see it back you'll see it definitely deserved a yellow.

Silly reaction but it is what it is.

Carheenlea
02-10-2023, 09:01 AM
Have never really considered the two yellow card offences that usually occur in such situations.

More you think about it the more it becomes obvious that those are two separate yellow card offences and a red should follow.

Problem being I guess that if referees adopted that policy then players who get fouled could instigate a reaction for the sole purpose of trying to get the opposing player booked twice. Still a bit of a grey area within the rules.