PDA

View Full Version : Wollacott

J-C
30-09-2023, 06:24 PM
Anyone shed any light as to what is actually wrong with this guy, came in to challenge Marshall, seemed to do his hamstring and then vanished without an update.

Cat Stanton
30-09-2023, 06:27 PM
Anyone shed any light as to what is actually wrong with this guy, came in to challenge Marshall, seemed to do his hamstring and then vanished without an update.

Injured?

J-C
30-09-2023, 06:29 PM
Injured?

Yes I know that but what actually is his injury and do we know for how long, tbh it didn't look too bad at the time.

Northernhibee
30-09-2023, 08:30 PM
Hopefully he’s back soon, but Marshall has improved a lot since Monty came in. I’m a lot less nervous about him being the sticks just now.

JimBHibees
30-09-2023, 08:31 PM
Yes I know that but what actually is his injury and do we know for how long, tbh it didn't look too bad at the time.

Think it was thigh muscle or abductor rather than hamstring

dp00
30-09-2023, 08:33 PM
Marshall been good since the new goalie coach came in … makes you wonder as he has always been good maybe just not training g to level needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
30-09-2023, 08:41 PM
:aok:

Marshall been good since the new goalie coach came in … makes you wonder as he has always been good maybe just not training g to level needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if the coach Garden wasn't at a level he should've been at, left last week.

S4uzee
30-09-2023, 09:13 PM

Agreed. Find it strange that he’s never been mentioned

w pilton hibby
30-09-2023, 09:24 PM

From

https://the72.co.uk/2023/09/27/hows-former-charlton-athletic-man-joe-wollacott-faring-at-hibernian-following-his-summer-sale/

Wollacott was handed his debut (at Hibernian) in a Europa Conference League qualifier against IC d’Escaldes in early August but just 19 minutes in, he was forced to withdraw from the action.

Since then, the former Charlton Athletic man has remained on the sidelines with a thigh injury. It was said at the time that he’d be out until late September, so the hope will be that he can return soon.

Whether he can become new boss Montgomery’s no.1, time will tell.

JohnM1875
30-09-2023, 09:56 PM
Think Marsh has been back to his best the past few games so regardless of fitness Wollacott would be on the bench. Obviously hope he's back competing soon though.

tbfhibs2
30-09-2023, 10:25 PM
Thigh injury, think it was 6-8 weeks

tamig
30-09-2023, 10:55 PM
Think Marsh has been back to his best the past few games so regardless of fitness Wollacott would be on the bench. Obviously hope he's back competing soon though.

His stats indicate he’s the worst keeper in the league.

JohnM1875
30-09-2023, 10:59 PM
His stats indicate he’s the worst keeper in the league.

Since Monty and his team took over? No chance.

tamig
30-09-2023, 11:02 PM
Since Monty and his team took over? No chance.

The season to date.

JohnM1875
30-09-2023, 11:06 PM
The season to date.

I did say the past few games in my defence. Think he's played well after punting LJ.

tamig
30-09-2023, 11:16 PM
I did say the past few games in my defence. Think he's played well after punting LJ.

I agree he’s looked better since NM arrived. I still think he’s a bit suspect though - second goal on Wednesday night being a case in point. Should have done better imo.

Criswell
30-09-2023, 11:34 PM
Marshall did OK today. He had very little to do but did make one decent save. Unfortunately, inconsistency has crept into his game lately. I wish him well and hope he returns to top form.

Iain G
01-10-2023, 09:47 AM

So thigh, hammy or he was taken by aliens? 🤣

Pretty Boy
01-10-2023, 09:53 AM
Marshall has done well in recent weeks. Both big saves yesterday were very good. I think people underestimate how difficult it is to stay big and on your feet with the save at the death. You'll see loads of keeper anticipate and almost dive out the way of the ball. The 1st save I expect him to make but there was pace on it and he's reacted well and pushed it well out the danger area. He looks a lot more like he is enjoying his football again and bar one dodgy kick out yesterday he did nothing wrong.

I'll still be glad to see Wollacott back though, competition is good for any keeper.

B.H.F.C
01-10-2023, 10:10 AM
Marshall been much better since Johnson was punted, like quite a number of them.

Three clean sheets in five games or four conceded in five games is a massive improvement on where we were.

DH1875
01-10-2023, 10:21 AM
Think Marshall has been fine recently and has actually made some good saves. Would be surprised to see him dropped anytime soon.

Dashing Bob S
01-10-2023, 10:50 AM
Marshall will enjoy working with a new goalkeeping coach and manager who has a mantra of constant improvement. I sensed that under Johnson, he was just seen as the finished article, the reliable old pro who just had to show up. But some players like the idea that you never stop learning, and I'm sure he'll be appreciating a new interest and greater attention to his career.

Wolacott will be a long-term beneficiary of a revitalised Marshall and a more professional, committed set up.

BlackSheep
01-10-2023, 05:16 PM
Wollacott was in the west stand upper with Cadden, McKirdy and Harbottle yesterday…. He’s not gone awol or anything.