PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fans convicted for racism at 2021 League Cup Final

BegbieHSC
20-09-2023, 05:41 PM
Thoroughly disappointing to read that two Hibs fans have been found guilty of racist abuse at court today at the 2021 league cup final. First I’d heard of it.

Shame it’s only a one year court imposed football banning order. Hopefully the club bans them for life.

A positive is that it seems that their behaviour was challenged by our own supporters, which saw them chucked out.

https://news.stv.tv/west-central/hibernian-fans-hurled-racist-abuse-at-celtic-players-during-scottish-league-cup-final

Carheenlea
20-09-2023, 06:50 PM
Thoroughly disappointing to read that two Hibs fans have been found guilty of racist abuse at court today at the 2021 league cup final. First I’d heard of it.

Shame it’s only a one year court imposed football banning order. Hopefully the club bans them for life.

A positive is that it seems that their behaviour was challenged by our own supporters, which saw them chucked out.

https://news.stv.tv/west-central/hibernian-fans-hurled-racist-abuse-at-celtic-players-during-scottish-league-cup-final

Sound a right pair of simpletons.

The banning order will only really have impact should we find ourselves in a final within the year. I’m guessing day trippers.

Vault Boy
20-09-2023, 08:09 PM
What a couple of complete twats

marinello59
20-09-2023, 08:15 PM
Sound a right pair of simpletons.

The banning order will only really have impact should we find ourselves in a final within the year. I’m guessing day trippers.

The encouraging thing is fellow Hibs fans confronted them and reported them to the police.

HH81
20-09-2023, 08:53 PM
Pair of losers.

Daniel 1875
20-09-2023, 09:13 PM
Fair play to the fans who took action and to the stadium staff who chucked them out at the time.

WeeRussell
20-09-2023, 09:23 PM
First time in a long time I’ve agreed with the first 6 posts on a hibs.net thread!

Scouse Hibee
20-09-2023, 09:32 PM
Great news, well done to the fans who challenged the two erseholes.

BILLYHIBS
21-09-2023, 05:20 AM
****bags and idiots in every support and we have more than our fair share of them

Hibs should ban them for life

JimBHibees
21-09-2023, 05:49 AM
Great news, well done to the fans who challenged the two erseholes.

Completely agree. Not always easy to do that especially if some are worse for wear with drink however good on the fans confronting them by doing the right thing.

DIXIHIBS
21-09-2023, 08:04 AM
Pair of clowns....deserve all they get. Lets hope the police start taking similar action against the 1000s who spout religious bigotry every week..aye right.

Since452
21-09-2023, 08:30 AM
Couple of weirdos

lyonhibs
21-09-2023, 08:31 AM
Rank rotten behaviour, presumably they will get lifetime bans from the club :agree:

Winston Ingram
21-09-2023, 08:57 AM
1 year ban is never enough. Hope they never get back in.

Hibbyradge
21-09-2023, 09:33 AM
First time in a long time I’ve agreed with the first 6 posts on a hibs.net thread!

Symbolic of your struggle against reality.

NAE NOOKIE
21-09-2023, 10:56 AM
Not exactly kids either, lets Hope Hibs never let them back into ER. It shouldn't have to be a factor in stopping this sort of thing, but in an era where practically every team has at least one black or Asian player it seems utterly bizarre that nut jobs like this still feel able to hurl racist abuse at the oppositions.

Well done to the two fans who called them out, its easy to talk about doing it, but a lot tougher in real life. I recall before the 2012 cup final a group of about 10 neds outside Hampden singing the odious 'Edinburgh is wonderful' song ,, I wanted to confront them, but given the numbers thought better of it ... maybe I should have, given what followed a day in A & E might have been preferable :greengrin

Pretty Boy
21-09-2023, 11:18 AM
Strange behaviour.

Hopefully a lesson learned. Racism is just so inherently stupid I can't really get my head around it.

Keith_M
21-09-2023, 11:49 AM
It's a sad fact that there are racists in every part of society but I do find it encouraging that other Hibs Fans were willing to call them out for this nonsense.

I'd like to think the same would happen if this were Aberdeen, Hearts, Dundee Utd, etc.

Mick O'Rourke
21-09-2023, 12:19 PM
It disgusts me that we have racists like these morons "following" our club.
These ignorant idiots and buffoons obviously have no sense or idea of the roots and history of Hibernian and the trials and tribulations our founding members, their families and the then Little Ireland community and club supporters went through. Leith Irish Catholic diaspora had the same issues with bigots and racists.
Beggars belief any real Hibs man or woman could be such an imbecile as these two slugs.
I commend the fans who called them out.
A younger me and some of ma pals would not have been so kind in informing the polis first.
If you read this ,you racists... Stay away from The Holy Ground....and any other ground.

Bostonhibby
21-09-2023, 12:27 PM
Strange behaviour.

Hopefully a lesson learned. Racism is just so inherently stupid I can't really get my head around it.Looking at these two bellends it's probably a symbol of their own inadequacies/failures that they had to lash out at someone.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Baader
21-09-2023, 03:09 PM
Clowns. Should be banned for good. Don't come back.

Dashing Bob S
21-09-2023, 03:50 PM
Not just bigots but idiots too. What do people really expect to happen when you repeatedly make an exhibition of yourself like that in this day and age?

Mick O'Rourke
21-09-2023, 04:13 PM
Not just bigots but idiots too. What do people really expect to happen when you repeatedly make an exhibition of yourself like that in this day and age?
No excuse for their racism, but too much bevvy or drugs.
So be well away with the goalie i would think if they continued to barney with folk around them.
I hope they spent the rest of that weekend in the nick.

WeeRussell
21-09-2023, 09:11 PM
Symbolic of your struggle against reality.

Don’t you oppress me.

ErinGoBraghHFC
21-09-2023, 11:58 PM
Too much coke on an empty heed, ****in morons. And for the avoidance of doubt if you’re racist when on drugs or drunk then you’re a racist sober as well, wonder if they realise the irony of their behaviour whilst supporting a club founded by Irish immigrants for the Irish population of Edinburgh… probably asking too much of them though, those morons probably still have to wear Velcro trainers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk