PDA

View Full Version : St Johnstone dot count

Garymcl
17-09-2023, 07:15 PM
Just done one just over 1000 seats up for grabs in the three stands let’s get these taken up and get the south stand opened asap for the first home game for the new gaffer he has already put out a message to have the ground full to back the team let’s do it :hibees

Mark05
17-09-2023, 09:52 PM
Yes,coming up for the game,and the cup game against St mirren.Really looking forward to the games.Hopefully they can play like they did against killie in the first half for the full 90 minutes 👍

04Sauzee
19-09-2023, 08:03 AM
Hopefully shift them by the end of the week.

one day maybe...
19-09-2023, 09:19 AM
Got (3) relatives over from Canada 🇨🇦 so this will be their first ever Hibs game

Tambo
19-09-2023, 10:48 AM
Got (3) relatives over from Canada 🇨🇦 so this will be their first ever Hibs game

Brilliant 👍

Will be coming up for this one also on Thursday, 4 night stay. Can't wait, been needing a break away for a few months.

Keith_M
19-09-2023, 12:53 PM

Apparently my Dad and Grandad took my uncle (who's from Chicago) to his first ever proper football match in the late 60s when they were over here on holiday.

It was a derby match at Tynie and they said fans of both sides came over to chat to him and share a drink when they heard his accent.

He was very polite and subdued at first but, once the drinks started to flow, he was shouting at the players and ref, using quite foul language. When they asked him if he was shouting at the Hibs or Hearts players he said something like...

"who cares? It's damn good fun this soccer!"

:greengrin

Garymcl
20-09-2023, 10:44 AM
Going by the weather forecast for Saturday looks like a lovely sunny day in Leith 🇳🇬

Garymcl
20-09-2023, 01:00 PM
East nearly sold out usual with west and ff both the ends plenty seats oh well was hoping would get south opened up and getting a near full house for Monty’s first home game

Ronniekirk
20-09-2023, 01:06 PM
East nearly sold out usual with west and ff both the ends plenty seats oh well was hoping would get south opened up and getting a near full house for Monty’s first home game
We only really sold big numbers in the south when we have good teams or one off games

flash
20-09-2023, 01:20 PM
Three full stands would be an outstanding effort.

LaMotta
20-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Where are Hibs kids sitting on Saturday? They were in South last season, assuming same again?

Tambo
21-09-2023, 09:14 AM
Any updates on the injuries picked up from Kilmarnock?

Hanlon to return to the starting lineup?

Hibee87
21-09-2023, 09:15 AM
Where are Hibs kids sitting on Saturday? They were in South last season, assuming same again?

Famous 5 I believe

LaMotta
21-09-2023, 10:05 AM
Famous 5 I believe

:aok:

Mick O'Rourke
21-09-2023, 12:10 PM
Famous 5 I believe

Naughty:rolleyes:

hibee-boys
21-09-2023, 12:17 PM
Rubbish dot count thread this😏

NAE NOOKIE
21-09-2023, 12:31 PM
Never mind St Johnstone, WTF is up with the St Mirren game, the ticket sales so far with less than a week to go are shocking, so much so it took me a second to remind myself that it's the blue dots that show available seats and not the gray ones.
:confused:

The Harp
21-09-2023, 12:36 PM

I looked in at the ticket office yesterday morning as my wee gradaughter, who's now a Hibs Kid, is going to the game with me. I'm a season holder in the FF upper but wanted to change for the lower tier for Sat's game. The guy on the desk, however, told me the FF lower is sold out. Luckily there's a vacant seat beside my usual seat, so I've gone for that instead.

Broken Gnome
21-09-2023, 12:42 PM
Never mind St Johnstone, WTF is up with the St Mirren game, the ticket sales so far with less than a week to go are shocking, so much so it took me a second to remind myself that it's the blue dots that show available seats and not the gray ones.

Don't think anyone would kid themselves to thinking it's going to be any sort of big crowd, but that's the sort of game that's never going to be much of a consideration until it's actually going the next fixture.

Keith_M
21-09-2023, 12:51 PM

It's probably a bit of fixture fatigue, as it's only September and we've already had 12 competitive matches, a home friendly against Groningen... and nearly 3k fans travelled to Blackpool.

I expect the numbers will pick up a bit after the St Johnstone game, especially if we get a decent result.

B.H.F.C
21-09-2023, 12:57 PM

You’ve been pushing this one right from the start and I can’t believe you’re surprised by it. These ties are always poorly attended by the home team.

Sales will pick up and we’ll end up with around 10k home fans I reckon. There’s just absolutely no rush or urgency for folk to get tickets.

Since452
21-09-2023, 01:18 PM

League cup. I'd be happy with 8/9k for that one.

CallumLaidlaw
21-09-2023, 01:26 PM

Really? All prem quarter final? Win takes us to Hampden. Massive game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garymcl
21-09-2023, 01:54 PM
Yeah and watch this space get to semi at hampden “ah want a ticket “ is the cry Rant Over :greengrin

B.H.F.C
21-09-2023, 02:54 PM
Really? All prem quarter final? Win takes us to Hampden. Massive game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree but, for whatever reason, there is always a lack of interest until the final. Even our last semi final we took less than 10k.

Since452
21-09-2023, 03:03 PM
I totally agree but, for whatever reason, there is always a lack of interest until the final. Even our last semi final we took less than 10k.

Which was probably the best game I've been to since the 2016 final. The apathy towards the league cup is quite strange.

Dashing Bob S
21-09-2023, 03:48 PM
You’ve been pushing this one right from the start and I can’t believe you’re surprised by it. These ties are always poorly attended by the home team.

Sales will pick up and we’ll end up with around 10k home fans I reckon. There’s just absolutely no rush or urgency for folk to get tickets.

The League Cup is a funny one. We only really take interest once we get into the semi finals but expect to get there without much support. I personally think St Mirren is the biggest game this season.

Gmack7
21-09-2023, 05:48 PM
The League Cup is a funny one. We only really take interest once we get into the semi finals but expect to get there without much support. I personally think St Mirren is the biggest game this season.

Especially with Celtic already out, great opertunity if we get through

HFC93
21-09-2023, 06:47 PM
St Mirren is a massive game for us.

Aldo
21-09-2023, 07:13 PM
Especially with Celtic already out, great opertunity if we get through

Definitely is. Also adds a bit more to the January coffers!

Ronniekirk
21-09-2023, 07:37 PM
Definitely is. Also adds a bit more to the January coffers!
Yep but st Mirren seem to have found ways to win games Thankfully L J isn’t still in charge but a second half performance like Killie would see us in bother
But Monty will have had another game under his belt
it will be a chance for Monty to get to Hampden at first time of asking We really need to be getting back to getting there regularly

Aldo
21-09-2023, 07:39 PM
Yep but st Mirren seem to have found ways to win games Thankfully L J isn’t still in charge but a second half performance like Killie would see us in bother
But Monty will have had another game under his belt
it will be a chance for Monty to get to Hampden at first time of asking We really need to be getting back to getting there regularly

Indeed Ronnie. Consistency is the key and we need to find it for 90 mins!

hibstag
22-09-2023, 05:35 AM
I looked in at the ticket office yesterday morning as my wee gradaughter, who's now a Hibs Kid, is going to the game with me. I'm a season holder in the FF upper but wanted to change for the lower tier for Sat's game. The guy on the desk, however, told me the FF lower is sold out. Luckily there's a vacant seat beside my usual seat, so I've gone for that instead.

We are The same he was toiling to get two together (closer to the back) in FFL on Tuesday so in West

Tambo
22-09-2023, 12:10 PM
The view of Easter Road from Arthur seat never disappoints.

Any team news?

allezsauzee
22-09-2023, 12:38 PM

I've never really thought of the league cup as being less important than the Scottish Cup but the SPFL haven't helped the perception that it's a lesser competition by re-introducing the league stage that starts before league season IMO and the sooner we get it back to pure knockout the better.

SickBoy32
22-09-2023, 12:55 PM
I've never really thought of the league cup as being less important than the Scottish Cup but the SPFL haven't helped the perception that it's a lesser competition by re-introducing the league stage that starts before league season IMO and the sooner we get it back to pure knockout the better.

Totally agree that it needs to go back to pure knockout, also not a fan of the groups / associated seedings.

Reintroducing a European place for the League Cup winners would improve the wider perception too IMO, much rather that than giving it to the 5th placed side in a league of 12 !!

04Sauzee
22-09-2023, 01:00 PM
At a rough count there are Just over 700 tickets available

FF 140ish

West Upper 180ish

West Lower 200ish

East 190ish

Green Reaper
22-09-2023, 01:10 PM
Totally agree that it needs to go back to pure knockout, also not a fan of the groups / associated seedings.

Reintroducing a European place for the League Cup winners would improve the wider perception too IMO, much rather that than giving it to the 5th placed side in a league of 12 !!

I think the European places allocation is down to UEFA, not something we can just reintroduce, unfortunately

JimBHibees
22-09-2023, 01:37 PM

Also removing European qualification which to be honest agree with.

1van Sprou7e
22-09-2023, 01:55 PM
Which was probably the best game I've been to since the 2016 final. The apathy towards the league cup is quite strange.

It is a bit strange, but I don't know why people are surprised by the poor crowds every single goddamn season.

It literally happens every year folks you'd think you'd learn by now lol

Carheenlea
22-09-2023, 03:57 PM
Is anyone really deciding not to go to the League Cup quarter final because there is no European place for the cup winners?

patlowe
22-09-2023, 04:31 PM

It doesn't go to 5th though - that only comes about through the Scottish Cup domino effect. If (as expected) we start to tumble down the coefficient table again I don't think we should be removing qualification spots from league positioning. Personally I'd be pretty raging if we finished 3rd but didn't get europe because Hearts and Aberdeen won the cups. I guess you could argue Rangers and Celtic would win the League Cup anyway. But if so, what's the point?

Keith_M
22-09-2023, 04:58 PM
Is anyone really deciding not to go to the League Cup quarter final because there is no European place for the cup winners?

Rumbled!

Musselbound
23-09-2023, 05:07 AM

Yeah I'd imagine getting a ticket for the semi would be pretty straightforward if we get there too.

Cat Stanton
23-09-2023, 07:28 AM

A good performance today will shift a few for Wednesday, I'm sure.

Ringothedog
23-09-2023, 08:16 AM
605 left for today in the 3 home stands

Carheenlea
23-09-2023, 08:29 AM
It’s been 4 weeks since we’ve had a game at Easter Road, so really looking forward to getting back to see the start of hopefully more prosperous times under the new manager.

JohnM1875
23-09-2023, 08:29 AM
605 left for today in the 3 home stands

Some going that! Over to the team to deliver on the pitch.

Ringothedog
23-09-2023, 10:39 AM
424 left in the 3 home stands

Michael
23-09-2023, 10:42 AM
Also removing European qualification which to be honest agree with.

When was European qualification removed? I didn't realise it ever had it

Hibbyradge
23-09-2023, 10:48 AM

I'm not sure when it was removed, but we qualified for Europe on the back of the 91 League Cup win.

Edit: I found this;

The final example was Raith Rovers who represented Scotland in the 1995–96 UEFA Cup after winning the League Cup the previous season as a First Division club.

Ringothedog
23-09-2023, 10:50 AM

It was removed in 1995, Raith Rovers were the last team to qualify that way

Smartie
23-09-2023, 10:56 AM

I remember that feeling like an issue but that was at least 25 years ago.

Folk have surely long made their peace with this fact?

Allant1981
23-09-2023, 11:22 AM
Feels like its been ages since the last home game, can't wait

lucky
23-09-2023, 11:28 AM
Yeah and watch this space get to semi at hampden “ah want a ticket “ is the cry Rant Over :greengrin

If we get to Hsmodrn there will be plenty of tickets available. We never sold out our last league cup final against Celtic. I just don't get this Uber fan nonsense.

Hibbyradge
23-09-2023, 11:46 AM
If we get to Hsmodrn there will be plenty of tickets available. We never sold out our last league cup final against Celtic. I just don't get this Uber fan nonsense.

I googled "Hsmodrn" looking to make some sort of joke.

The results actually came up "Hampden" as you intended. :hilarious

Keith_M
23-09-2023, 11:49 AM
I googled "Hsmodrn" looking to make some sort of joke.

The results actually came up "Hampden" as you intended. :hilarious

'Hsmodrn' is where they play the Quidditch Cup Final in the new Harry Potter movie.

If you ask HC very nicely, I'm sure he'll get you a ticket

Ringothedog
23-09-2023, 11:51 AM
313 available

Hibbyradge
23-09-2023, 11:58 AM
'Hsmodrn' is where they play the Quidditch Cup Final in the new Harry Potter movie.

If you ask HC very nicely, I'm sure he'll get you a ticket

I don't want to ask him.

I'd rather pay the 4,930 Knut's for a Hogsmeade First membership.

JHFC
23-09-2023, 12:17 PM
I know it's short notice but I have 2 spare tickets (1 x adult, 1 x u13s) looking to give them away for free, as we can't make it anymore. Drop me a pm and I can send them over in an email.

Juice-Terry
23-09-2023, 01:37 PM
About 160 home tickets left. Great effort. GGTTH!

Keith_M
23-09-2023, 01:47 PM
I don't want to ask him.

I'd rather pay the 4,930 Knut's for a Hogsmeade First membership.

:greengrin

SteveHFC
23-09-2023, 02:00 PM
About 160 home tickets left. Great effort. GGTTH!

Many empty seats in East at moment

Ronniekirk
24-09-2023, 07:43 AM
I was on the west looking across and although it got.busier yep hundreds of empty seats bButvdo they not say on aversgevs
t any home game a thousand plus seats are always empy even if a sell out

RoxburghHibs
24-09-2023, 08:08 AM

Just over 16800 tickets sold. There’s always no shows - same at all clubs.

Wilson
24-09-2023, 08:52 AM
I was on the west looking across and although it got.busier yep hundreds of empty seats bButvdo they not say on aversgevs

Erm... maybe...

Eyrie
24-09-2023, 09:50 AM
Just over 16800 tickets sold. There’s always no shows - same at all clubs.

Any game will always have gaps due to some season ticket holders who can't make it for a good reason :agree:

BoomtownHibees
24-09-2023, 10:01 AM

Did you heed-butt your keyboard Ronnie?

Keith_M
24-09-2023, 10:05 AM

I thrink itsss nomloary abuot 15% of seson tickt holders that are no shoes.

(converted from English to 'Ronnie Speak' ;-) )

Bridge hibs
24-09-2023, 10:20 AM
I thrink itsss nomloary abuot 15% of seson tickt holders that are no shoes.

(converted from English to 'Ronnie Speak' ;-) )

🤣