PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Dunn RIP

LewysGot2
16-09-2023, 07:59 PM
Looked to see if posted elsewhere - apologies if I’ve missed another thread - but sad news yesterday that Stephen Dunn has passed away after a battle with the terrible disease that is cancer. A true Hibs man who was behind a lot of the Historical Trust initiatives and served on the board more than once.

RIP, sir

Bostonhibby
16-09-2023, 08:01 PM
RIP Stephen, a great Hibernian.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Ringothedog
16-09-2023, 08:05 PM
Very sad to hear. RIP Stephen

The Harp Awakes
16-09-2023, 08:07 PM
Very sad to hear this news. Stephen was a lovely person and had green blood in his veins.

Such a sad loss to the Hibernian Board and the wider Hibernian community.

RIP Stephen and sincere condolences to your family :flag:

Baldy Foghorn
16-09-2023, 08:08 PM
Sad news. RIP

CHIHIBS
16-09-2023, 08:18 PM
Stephen was true gentleman and leader. Outstanding contribution to the Hibernian Historical trust with ideas, time and generous donations. His passion for Hibernian was second to none and it led to his work with the board and commissioning the famous five sculptures.
My condolences to his family. I am honoured to have shared many great conversations with Stephen, we are all better for knowing him.

16-09-2023, 08:21 PM
Met more than once. Simply a magnificent Hibs supporter.
The driving force behind the Historical Trust. RIP 🇳🇬

Jonnyboy
16-09-2023, 10:38 PM
Am gutted to hear of this. Stephen was a great friend to me when I was looking to get my books published with his endless encouragement and support.

A Hibee through and through. RIP

darwenhibby
16-09-2023, 11:01 PM
Didn’t know him personally
But recognised the name immediately
Another good hibby taken away from us
Thank you for your efforts and passion we all share of this wonderful football club

scoopyboy
17-09-2023, 12:03 AM
Terrible news, RIP Stephen

Gerard
17-09-2023, 12:35 AM
Sad news may he RIP

leith lynx
17-09-2023, 08:10 AM
Condolences to his family and friends, Rest In Peace Stephen, another good Hibs man in heaven.

hibbiedon
17-09-2023, 08:19 AM
So sorry to hear this. A true Hibs man and a gentleman R.I.P. 🇳🇬💚🇳🇬💚🇳🇬

BroxburnHibee
17-09-2023, 09:16 AM
So sad to hear this.

RIP Stephen

IWasThere2016
17-09-2023, 09:22 AM
Awful news. RIP.

The Harp
17-09-2023, 11:05 AM
Very sorry to hear of Stephen's passing. I have heard many good things about him, but sadly I never met him.
A great Hibs man by all accounts, who will be sadly missed.
Condolences to Stephen's loved ones.

RIP Stephen.

BILLYHIBS
17-09-2023, 08:29 PM
Deepest sincerest condolences to family and friends

RIP

Lancs Harp
17-09-2023, 08:32 PM
RIP Stephen.

Thoughts with your family and friends.

Hibs always.

adam middlemass
17-09-2023, 08:50 PM
Never met Stephen but new he was a popular figure around Easter Road. Condolences to all your family and friends. RIP Stephen.

jodjam
17-09-2023, 09:18 PM
Terrible news. He got paraded as a Hibs director in a Glasgow office I was working in. Chatted to him and made time for me. Stayed next street to me and helped with some charity work I was doing. Then presented me with a signed Paco Luna strip. A good Hibs man

PatHead
18-09-2023, 06:53 AM
RIP Stephen. Condolences to your family.

Was a dedicated Hibby and all round good guy in the times I met him.

Last Minute
18-09-2023, 07:35 AM
Such a sad time, I'm so grateful I got to see and speak to him just recently at the Raith Rovers game. Stephen was a kind and generous person who I had the pleasure to work along side at Millers, he was a friend who i will miss so much.

Rest in peace Stephen with the Angels High Above.

God Bless

DaveF
18-09-2023, 08:10 AM
A real loss to the Hibernian FC family. I didn't realise he was a Niddrie boy until reading the article on the Hibs website.

worcesterhibby
18-09-2023, 10:17 AM
Very Sad. RIP

Kato
18-09-2023, 03:32 PM
A real loss to the Hibernian FC family. I didn't realise he was a Niddrie boy until reading the article on the Hibs website.Niddrie Mill. Remember him being just as Hibs daft, kind and quietly spoken back then. Didn't know him that well but always a thumbs up when Hibs won and we saw each other.

RIP

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

LewysGot2
18-09-2023, 06:46 PM
Flags at half mast at the stadium tonight…fitting touch.

jacomo
18-09-2023, 08:43 PM
Flags at half mast at the stadium tonight…fitting touch.

Yup, he gave a great deal to the club. Condolences to his family and friends.

scuttle
18-09-2023, 08:47 PM
R.I.P Stephen

JimBHibees
18-09-2023, 08:49 PM
Spoke well in the video to commemorate the 7 0 derby win. RIP.

Fanforlife
18-09-2023, 09:09 PM
Niddrie Mill. Remember him being just as Hibs daft, kind and quietly spoken back then. Didn't know him that well but always a thumbs up when Hibs won and we saw each other.

RIP

Was he related to Rab Dunn? Great goalkeeper was Rab.

Kato
18-09-2023, 11:18 PM
Was he related to Rab Dunn? Great goalkeeper was Rab.Dunno, C.

My mum knew Stephen better than I did. Someone she respected which from my Mum, was high praise. He was a guy I'd see on the bus or at Malcolms at the end of the Drive waiting on a pink. Can only remember us talking Hibs to be honest. Many moons ago.

Fanforlife
19-09-2023, 08:42 AM
Dunno, C.

My mum knew Stephen better than I did. Someone she respected which from my Mum, was high praise. He was a guy I'd see on the bus or at Malcolms at the end of the Drive waiting on a pink. Can only remember us talking Hibs to be honest. Many moons ago.

Sent from my SM-A528B using TapatalkCheers anyway m8. Ive asked big Micky Doo on FB messenger as well,sure he will know 1way or another.

Coach Jon
19-09-2023, 09:25 AM
Was he related to Rab Dunn? Great goalkeeper was Rab.

Rab was his older brother, he was the goalie for Melbourne Thistle Juveniles, I remember going with Stephen to watch him play.

Fanforlife
19-09-2023, 11:51 AM
Rab was his older brother, he was the goalie for Melbourne Thistle Juveniles, I remember going with Stephen to watch him play.
Cheers for that m8,Rab is ages with me(69) guy was a cracking goalie back in the day,played against him a few times. Magdalene laddie myself so our paths crossed many a time. Didn't know Stephen though. Had another bit of bad news today Keith Wright ,(son in law) mum passed away earlier today,usually come in three,s so just waiting on hearing of another one😪

Bridge hibs
19-09-2023, 12:01 PM
Cheers for that m8,Rab is ages with me(69) guy was a cracking goalie back in the day,played against him a few times. Magdalene laddie myself so our paths crossed many a time. Didn't know Stephen though. Had another bit of bad news today Keith Wright ,(son in law) mum passed away earlier today,usually come in three,s so just waiting on hearing of another one😪Thats sad to hear, knew Doreen quite well and spoke to her a few times over the years

DaveF
19-09-2023, 12:34 PM
Cheers for that m8,Rab is ages with me(69) guy was a cracking goalie back in the day,played against him a few times. Magdalene laddie myself so our paths crossed many a time. Didn't know Stephen though. Had another bit of bad news today Keith Wright ,(son in law) mum passed away earlier today,usually come in three,s so just waiting on hearing of another one😪

Ach, that's sad. I knew she was ill but both her and Harry were a constant when growing up in that wee patch of Greeendykes.

Fanforlife
19-09-2023, 12:56 PM
Ach, that's sad. I knew she was ill but both her and Harry were a constant when growing up in that wee patch of Greeendykes.
👍

CropleyWasGod
24-09-2023, 06:33 PM
I was in Ballingarry yesterday, checking out the Canon Hannan sign.

Had to ask directions at the local garage. The woman directed me to the "soccer ground", and then said "I see the man who came over from England (:greengrin) passed away. I saw it on the village Facebook page".

His fame was international. :greengrin

Lovely tribute on the soccer team's FB page

https://www.facebook.com/search/posts/?q=ballingarry%20afc

s.a.m
24-09-2023, 07:43 PM
I was in Ballingarry yesterday, checking out the Canon Hannan sign.

Had to ask directions at the local garage. The woman directed me to the "soccer ground", and then said "I see the man who came over from England (:greengrin) passed away. I saw it on the village Facebook page".

His fame was international. :greengrin

Lovely tribute on the soccer team's FB page

https://www.facebook.com/search/posts/?q=ballingarry%20afc

Couldn't get the link to work. Here it is from their website:
http://ballingarryafc.com/

Fanforlife
24-09-2023, 09:38 PM
Thats sad to hear, knew Doreen quite well and spoke to her a few times over the years
👍