PDA

View Full Version : Tam McManus

David90+2
14-09-2023, 07:26 PM
I appreciate he is making a living in the media……but,

I’m fed up with him making out he’s some sort of Hibs legend or hero.

He was at best an average striker, yet his media comments suggest he’s a supporter, one of our own.

He’s far from it and uses the Hibs name for his own financial gain.

Apologies, rant over!!

H18 SFR
14-09-2023, 07:31 PM

He was at best an average striker, yet his media comments suggest he’s a supporter, one of our own.

Apologies, rant over!!

What has he said to make out he’s a Hero?

He's here!
14-09-2023, 07:32 PM
I've no idea about his media stuff as I barely read any Scottish football journalism these days but while certainly not a legend he was a decent player for us. He came through just behind Kenny Miller and initially looked like he might be even better. Never quite fulfilled that promise but scored a fair number of goals.

BILLYHIBS
14-09-2023, 07:35 PM
Are you saying Tam’s not Hibs ? 😱

Since452
14-09-2023, 07:36 PM
Read his article today and was going to post about it but decided against it. Talking about David Brent etc. Thought it was very poor and quite clessless from him to be honest. He's getting paid to write this nonsense.

heretoday
14-09-2023, 07:41 PM
He's an oaf. They're all oafs.
Or should that be oaves.

David90+2
14-09-2023, 07:47 PM
Read his article today and was going to post about it but decided against it. Talking about David Brent etc. Thought it was very poor and quite clessless from him to be honest. He's getting paid to write this nonsense.

100% agree - classless!

Clearly he will use his Hibs connection for his own benefit.

Poor show and even poorer journalism.

Carheenlea
14-09-2023, 07:51 PM
We don’t appear to have many Hibs voices in the media. Tam McManus is one of the very few. When he’s spending more time sticking the boot in rather that defending our corner then it’s pretty sorry state of affairs.

Thankfully we now live in an era where we don’t have to rely on the MSM to source our Hibs content.

JoeT
14-09-2023, 07:51 PM
19 goals, 109 games

HendoDelivered
14-09-2023, 07:54 PM
Our version of Ryan Stevenson in the media. Talks pish for Scotland.

cabbageandribs1875
14-09-2023, 08:05 PM
mon the tam:greengrin

DH1875
14-09-2023, 08:09 PM
19 goals, 109 games

Aye but at least he done a pole dace to celebrate scoring.

JimBHibees
14-09-2023, 08:20 PM
Thought he was good on Hibs tv. Bit of enthusiasm and not scared to give an opinion.

WeeRussell
14-09-2023, 09:14 PM

Apologies, rant over!!

He could support us without thinking he’s a legend or hero though? I’ve seen him talk quite humorously about being at Hibs and, whatever his faults, never gave any impression of thinking he was some sort of hibs legend. Actually self deprecating if anything.

JohnM1875
14-09-2023, 09:55 PM
He's a total bell when it comes to Hibs these days. Didn't mind him as a player for us, he tried, I'll give him that.

But he's an awful journalist or pundit or whatever it is he's trying right now. His main issue is he's just a bit glaikit and that never helps.

Del Boy
14-09-2023, 09:58 PM
Our version of Ryan Stevenson in the media. Talks pish for Scotland.

Exactly. A boring wee irrelevant arse.

JimBHibees
14-09-2023, 10:03 PM
He could support us without thinking he’s a legend or hero though? I’ve seen him talk quite humorously about being at Hibs and, whatever his faults, never gave any impression of thinking he was some sort of hibs legend. Actually self deprecating if anything.

Agree quite honest and normal if anything.

JimBHibees
14-09-2023, 10:03 PM
Exactly. A boring wee irrelevant arse.

Bit ott

Brightside
14-09-2023, 10:07 PM
He gets 500 quid an article. Boys just making a living chatting rubbish.

Donegal Hibby
14-09-2023, 10:13 PM

Employee of the daily record ! Ones as classless as the other ! . Along the lines of Brian McLaughlin in being a s**** journalist just ! .

jacomo
14-09-2023, 10:15 PM
I don’t mind Tam at all. Don’t always agree with him but so what?

scoopyboy
14-09-2023, 10:48 PM
Enjoyed him as a player but has turned into a prat with his constant negative articles

shetlandhibee
14-09-2023, 11:21 PM
I don’t mind Tam at all. Don’t always agree with him but so what?
yea im kinda in this camp :top marks

silverhibee
14-09-2023, 11:28 PM
Enjoyed him as a player but has turned into a prat with his constant negative articles

What were the reasons for him leaving the club. :wink: :cb

hibbydog
15-09-2023, 12:32 AM
Saw him do an after dinner speech once. His patter was awful and he is thick

Wilson
15-09-2023, 01:51 AM

Tony Mowbray got shot of him. One of the first clues that Tony knew what he was doing 👏

Still Smiling
15-09-2023, 03:36 AM
Tony Mowbray got shot of him. One of the first clues that Tony knew what he was doing 👏
Scored a screamer at Parkhead!

BILLYHIBS
15-09-2023, 05:34 AM
Scored a screamer at Parkhead!

And Ibrox

Hibrandenburg
15-09-2023, 06:13 AM
Remember seeing him in a preseason friendly down in South West Germany and thinking this boy has potential. Then I heard him talk and my bubble was burst.

Since452
15-09-2023, 06:33 AM
I don't think he says anything particularly unique. I get the impression he tries to play to the gallery rather than have his own opinion. Going on about David Brent, identity and saying Lennon should get the job when the man was sitting right next to him in the studio. In his article he said he wanted Mcinnes to get the job, no mention of Neil. I don't think he offers any more value or insight than your average poster on here to be honest and he gets paid for it.

flash
15-09-2023, 06:42 AM
Can't stand this modern "shock jock" thing where almost everything is said to stir things up.
Far happier reading proper researched articles written by real journalists.

Brightside
15-09-2023, 07:07 AM
I don't think he says anything particularly unique. I get the impression he tries to play to the gallery rather than have his own opinion. Going on about David Brent, identity and saying Lennon should get the job when the man was sitting right next to him in the studio. In his article he said he wanted Mcinnes to get the job, no mention of Neil. I don't think he offers any more value or insight than your average poster on here to be honest and he gets paid for it.

He’s never said anything unique. 😂

.Sean.
15-09-2023, 07:21 AM
Tell us then….

Since452
15-09-2023, 07:36 AM
He’s never said anything unique. ��

I know. Just regurgitates stuff from here and makes money from it. Got to give him some credit i suppose :agree:. Easy money.

Forza Fred
15-09-2023, 08:36 AM
I think Tam’s ok.

Don’t think he’s said anything that raised my heckles…….rather listen to him than some radge Jambo.

He's here!
15-09-2023, 08:51 AM
And Ibrox

Here it is:

McManus scores stunning volley for Hibernian against Rangers - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by59HSSGOlE)

He also opened the scoring in this game at Ibrox, where Orman smashed home a cracker:

Alen Orman Equaliser Against Rangers - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McyYtVJP1mk)

It can be hard for a lot of footballers to find a purposeful means of earning a wage once they retire. Many obviously want to stay close to the game in some capacity, and if that doesn't involve coaching then punditry is a popular - and overcrowded - option. I don't think Tam's making 'easy money'. He has to come up with something that justifies the Record paying him and if it doesn't work then he'll not be retained. He's never going to land a role with one of the quality English papers or get a gig on Sky Sports so he'll be scrabbling a bit to remain relevant. I don't envy him.

worcesterhibby
15-09-2023, 10:29 AM
Tam is not the smartest or the most articulate. His first loyalty is to himself and his family, so he won't hold back from knocking Hibs if it keeps his mortgage paid. I think that's understandable if annoying. I suspect his talent as a footballer was stronger than his work ethic and game intelligence. I really liked him when he played for us, but he can be annoying these days. If people read the Daily Record then they get what they deserve !

Kato
15-09-2023, 11:07 AM
Tam is not the smartest or the most articulate. His first loyalty is to himself and his family, so he won't hold back from knocking Hibs if it keeps his mortgage paid. I think that's understandable if annoying. I suspect his talent as a footballer was stronger than his work ethic and game intelligence. I really liked him when he played for us, but he can be annoying these days. If people read the Daily Record then they get what they deserve !Exactly, strong/wrong opinions to court clicks and controversy, "engagement" its called. Imagine being engaged to the DR.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Keith_M
15-09-2023, 11:17 AM
Saw him do an after dinner speech once. His patter was awful and he is thick

Give the guy a break... he's from Balornock, the poor sod.

KWJ
15-09-2023, 03:54 PM
I like Tam. Thought he was a fun player to watch and I tend to look out for what he has to say on Twitter and places that aren't Record/Sun.

I don't always agree with him but that's not the point.

He's definitely pro Hibs, that's obvious.

Oh and that volley at Ibrox :aok:

scoopyboy
15-09-2023, 03:58 PM

Hibs gave him a bumper contract that they couldn't afford to pay?:dunno:

Bobby's Cinema
15-09-2023, 04:29 PM
I like Tam and was at an age where he was one of my favourite players at one time growing up.
But the articles I've been reading recently are not for me and playing to the twitter gallery.

Doesn't interest me. Seems to be going down the the Chris Sutton/ TalkSport type route.

McD
15-09-2023, 08:07 PM

Your average poster on here is more articulate about Hibs and probably more knowledgeable about them than Tam.

McD
15-09-2023, 08:11 PM
I like Tam and was at an age where he was one of my favourite players at one time growing up.
But the articles I've been reading recently are not for me and playing to the twitter gallery.

Doesn't interest me. Seems to be going down the the Chris Sutton/ TalkSport type route.

Sadly this seems to be the case for most of them now, rarely offer any insight, just make controversial comments and/or comments to annoy the other side of whoever they’re most affiliated with, both of which geared to drive clicks/likes/shares