PDA

View Full Version : Team vs Kilmarnock

Tambo
11-09-2023, 05:33 PM
So here we go again people, another new era for Hibernian FC.

I expect a difficult game but one we should be capable of taking the 3pts, interesting to see how Monty lines us up after a few days of training.

4-4-2 or a 4-2-4 however you look at it seemed to be the difference last time out vs Aberdeen.

Marshall

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Jeggo
Newell
Youan

Doidge
Vente

For me this would be our best option but I understand if some want rocky over fish, Campbell for Jeggo or even ALF for Doidge or Vente. I wpuld be starting Vente with Doidge and bring on ALF later on.

Kentao1985
11-09-2023, 05:43 PM
4-4-2

Marsh

Stevenson
Hanlon
Fish
Miller

Obita
Newell
Jeggo / Campbell
Boyle

Vente
Youan

CowgateHarp1875
11-09-2023, 05:45 PM
Only change I would make is Alf for Vente. I know vente is our big transfer signing but alf and doidge work well together and alf has been our most effective striker this season followed closely by doidge.

CentreForward
11-09-2023, 05:47 PM
Monty saying in his press conference that he can remember playing with Marshall and described him as a great goalkeeper. From that it does seem likely, whether we like it or not, that we will be seeing a lot of him in goal!

Tambo
11-09-2023, 05:50 PM
Only change I would make is Alf for Vente. I know vente is our big transfer signing but alf and doidge work well together and alf has been our most effective striker this season followed closely by doidge.

No issue at all with this comment, also Vente and ALF worked well together. I do think Doidge should be starting though.

CowgateHarp1875
11-09-2023, 05:52 PM
No issue at all with this comment, also Vente and ALF worked well together. I do think Doidge should be starting though.

Doidge has definitely earned his place in the starting 11 this season.

I feel the players benefit from ALF being on the pitch. His experience and constant talking to players around him works wonders as does his obvious talents of putting the ball in the back of the net.

ALF definitely commands respect from all those around him. He makes the team better.

Hibee Mac
11-09-2023, 05:55 PM
I thought we played 4231 against Aberdeen? When Alf came on I though he sat in the 10 rather than going 442.

I don't think we have the players yet to play 442 effectively. In terms of team for Montgomery, if he goes straight for the 442 then I reckon:

Marshall

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Jeggo
Newell
Obita

Vente
Alf

Subs
Youan and Doidge to come off the bench for Obita / Alf on 55/60 and run them ragged

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

sauzeelegod
11-09-2023, 06:06 PM
If he keeps his 442 and most players are fit I’d like to see

Marsh

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Obita

Boyle
Levitt
Newell
Youan

Alf
Vente

500miles
11-09-2023, 06:13 PM
I don't think ALF expects or really wants to be a 90 minute player. We were told as soon as he signed he was brought in to come on and change a game.

1875M
11-09-2023, 06:13 PM
Wonder if he’ll give the players who won vs Aberdeen another opportunity or if he’ll put his own spin on it straight away. For me, 4-4-2:

Marshall

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Jeggo
Newell
Youan

Vente
Doidge/ALF

Hibby Kay-Yay
11-09-2023, 06:14 PM
Any news on Wollacot, Levitt and Obita?

JammyDoidger
11-09-2023, 06:41 PM
Marshall

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Jeggo
Newell
Youan

Vente
Le Fondre

Vente has to start, we need to get him firing, Le Fondre is still class, Doidge will give us everything off the bench.

ian cruise
11-09-2023, 06:50 PM
Don't see a huge change from Aberdeen. Montgomery and co won't have been working with the team that long to bring in wholesale changes to how we play or think about our game. Most likely he'll have watched Aberdeen and thought about small tweaks he could make as well as leaning heavily on David Gray for the first 7 days prep.

HoboHarry
11-09-2023, 07:05 PM
Monty saying in his press conference that he can remember playing with Marshall and described him as a great goalkeeper. From that it does seem likely, whether we like it or not, that we will be seeing a lot of him in goal!
It'll be the same for Marshall as it is for every other player - a clean slate until he decides that he can do better and then he'll change it.

B.H.F.C
11-09-2023, 07:06 PM
Marshall

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Jeggo
Newell
Youan

Vente
Le Fondre

Vente has to start, we need to get him firing, Le Fondre is still class, Doidge will give us everything off the bench.

I think their impact up at Aberdeen makes it difficult to leave Doidge and ALF out. Sure I read something that Doidge has the most goal contributions in the league and ALF has 3 in 4.

Never thought I’d be typing the above but if there are players in better form I don’t think we need to play Vente, although I think he’s a good player who will score goals and make the jersey his over time.

Tambo
11-09-2023, 07:42 PM
I think their impact up at Aberdeen makes it difficult to leave Doidge and ALF out. Sure I read something that Doidge has the most goal contributions in the league and ALF has 3 in 4.

Never thought I’d be typing the above but if there are players in better form I don’t think we need to play Vente, although I think he’s a good player who will score goals and make the jersey his over time.

Doidge has 2 goals and 2 assists level with O'Riley so yes he does have the most. ALF has 3 with a goal every 40 minutes and 2.23 goals per 90(yes I know only 4 games in, still a decent start).

No issues with Doidge and ALF starting with Vente coming in with tiring legs at the back.

Unseen work
11-09-2023, 09:05 PM
Personally think we’ll see

………..……….Marshall…………..

Miller…..Fish…..Hanlon…..Stevenson….

Boyle….Jeggo….Newell….Youan…..

……….…….ALF……Vente…..

ALF to drop onto the deepest midfielder when they’re in possession and a bit of a free role to drop in etc when we have the ball.

Jeggo has played really well last couple of games imo and I think will suit the attacking formation.

Forza Fred
12-09-2023, 11:25 AM
I don't think ALF expects or really wants to be a 90 minute player. We were told as soon as he signed he was brought in to come on and change a game.

The Alf I know wants to start in every game.

Don’t know of any who prefer to start on the bench tbh

PatHead
12-09-2023, 01:36 PM

Must have been in the dim and distant past that they played together.

The Modfather
13-09-2023, 07:06 PM
Johnson
Obita, Hanlon, Fish, Miller
Jeggo, Newell, Levitt
Youan, Vente, Boyle

Appreciate Marshall will, and probably should, start after Pittodrie but would like to see Johnson get a chance if he’s still here.

Levitt playing close to Vente.

Not overly keen on 442 generally, but could work with 1, or possibly 2, new CM’s. Got to be 433/451 until the January/summer window.

B.H.F.C
13-09-2023, 07:10 PM
Think I’d have Le Fondre in for Campbell and that would be it. Strong case to bring Doidge in for Vente as well. In fact, it’s usually a bit of a battle on that crap pitch down there, Doidge might be worth a start.

Wouldn’t change anything else.

greenlex
13-09-2023, 07:20 PM
Either that or he will see exactly how far he has regressed and he won’t be anywhere near the gloves when they’re all fit.

13-09-2023, 07:20 PM
Generally would be happy after a good win to go with the same line up though ALF and Doidge coming on made the difference so there's a good case for going with the team that finished the game. Which I think is the line up B.H.F.C is saying, ALF replaced Campbell and Doidge for Vente.

Donegal Hibby
13-09-2023, 07:31 PM
Generally would be happy after a good win to go with the same line up though ALF and Doidge coming on made the difference so there's a good case for going with the team that finished the game. Which I think is the line up B.H.F.C is saying, ALF replaced Campbell and Doidge for Vente.

I'd stick with the same starting lineup we had in the Aberdeen game though might switch Doidge for Vente though .

JJP
13-09-2023, 09:09 PM
Doidge in place of Vente. Possibly ALF in for Campbell. Doidge will be the most familiar with playing on that crap pitch after his loan there last season which could come in handy.

Forza Fred
13-09-2023, 09:47 PM
Johnson
Obita, Hanlon, Fish, Miller
Jeggo, Newell, Levitt
Youan, Vente, Boyle

Appreciate Marshall will, and probably should, start after Pittodrie but would like to see Johnson get a chance if he’s still here.

Levitt playing close to Vente.

Not overly keen on 442 generally, but could work with 1, or possibly 2, new CM’s. Got to be 433/451 until the January/summer window.

Non inflammatory question…..
Have you (or anyone else on here) seen Johnson play a full game?
I haven’t.

Keepthefaith
13-09-2023, 10:01 PM
I haven’t.

yeah, think he played in the UEFA youth games last season- generally played well but did gift a goal IIRC but can't recall the opposition as watched all 3 rounds

The Modfather
13-09-2023, 10:01 PM
I haven’t.

I’ve not. Got good reviews at Airdrie and QOTS, albeit a small number of games I think, and Marshall has struggled for a long time. He will have to get an opportunity at some point in the near future. Would be refreshing if that was one of Montgomery’s first decisions, but Marshall is the safe and understandable choice.

AL-Qaholik
13-09-2023, 10:11 PM
Wollacott (or Johnson, if Jojo isn’t fit)

Miller
Fish
Harbottle
Obita

Newell
Jeggo

Boyle
ALF
Youan

Doidge

That’s what I’d love to see - but I suspect it’s about 5 players away from what we’ll get.
Either way, intae thum!

Since452
14-09-2023, 05:57 AM
No changes from Aberdeen. I'd keep ALF and Doidge on the bench. Be good to see Levitt back in the squad hopefully.

Tambo
14-09-2023, 10:08 AM
Any news on Wollacot, Levitt and Obita?

EEN saying unknown date for a return for Wollacot in an article yesterday and Levitt has trained this week but unlikely will feature.

Torto7
14-09-2023, 01:03 PM
He seems to like 4-4-2 going by reports, I suspect he'll just pick the same team that beat Aberdeen. Long term though I don't want to see Elie playing left mid. Its a waste of his talent. I'd like to see him play up top with Vente/Alf/Doidge.

Hibby Kay-Yay
14-09-2023, 06:26 PM
Going by the official Preview it states our injured players as ‘Jojo, Cadden and McKirdy’ so the team I’d pick is:

Marshall

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Obita

Boyle
Jeggo
Newell
Youan

Vente
ALF

Subs: Johnson, Campbell, Stevenson, Levitt, Doidge, McAllister, Rocky, Rudi, Megwa

Ronniekirk
14-09-2023, 06:56 PM
If obita back fit should we risk him on plastic pitch first game back ?

Gmack7
15-09-2023, 11:18 AM
If obita back fit should we risk him on plastic pitch first game back ?

Doesn't seem to be doing Magennis any harm

Ronniekirk
15-09-2023, 12:53 PM
Doesn't seem to be doing Magennis any harm
But he had been playing for weeks Just not sure I would risk starting obita coming back from injury but we shall see

HendoDelivered
16-09-2023, 09:39 AM
I think we will see the following starting, who else after that? unsure.

?

Miller
Hanlon
?
?

Boyle
Newell
?
Youan

ALF (monty likes him and has tried to sign him)
Vente

Skol
16-09-2023, 11:13 AM
It is hard to speculate as we haven’t seen any team from montgomery yet. If Monty does play 4-4-2, I am wondering if it will be too much of a luxury to play boyle and youan in wide roles. I wonder if instead one of them will play up top.

Marshall

Miller
Fish
Hanlon/Bushiri/harbottle - whoever he prefers
Stevenson assuming Obita is out

Boyle
Jeggo
Newell
Campbell

Youan
Vente

Stubbsy90+2
16-09-2023, 11:32 AM
Marshall (reluctantly)

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Obita

Jeggo
JDH

Boyle
Newell
Youan

Doidge

Allant1981
16-09-2023, 11:56 AM
Wouldn't change it from the aberdeen game despite the subs coming on and scoring