PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Miller & Monty

LancsHibs
11-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Anyone any idea on how Lewis will be feeling this morning having worked with Monty before? Will he be thinking great or OMG what are the chances! Did he leave CCM on good terms or was it an acrimonious split?

TimeForHeroes
11-09-2023, 08:25 AM
Anyone any idea on how Lewis will be feeling this morning having worked with Monty before? Will he be thinking great or OMG what are the chances! Did he leave CCM on good terms or was it an acrimonious split?

He'll be delighted by all accounts.

JimBHibees
11-09-2023, 08:28 AM
I would assume happy he has someone he has worked with and who rates him.

Mick O'Rourke
11-09-2023, 08:29 AM
He'll be delighted by all accounts.

Yes it seems he will judging by this interview

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/nick-montgomery-wont-messed-hibs-27669156

Forza Fred
11-09-2023, 08:31 AM
It was Monty who gave Lewis his chance at Mariners and played him every week, so after LJ I’m pretty sure he’ll be delighted.

tamig
11-09-2023, 08:54 AM
It was Monty who gave Lewis his chance at Mariners and played him every week, so after LJ I’m pretty sure he’ll be delighted.

Someone posted links last week to a CCM message board. There were posts on there indicating LM could be a fearful of NMs arrival. There was no clue what lay behind it but there were a few posts of a similar nature.

Nonetheless I’m delighted about this appointment and its the most excited I’ve been about a managerial appointment for a long time. His record looks absolutely tremendous and I know he’s not here to work in the academy but, if he can sprinkle some of his gold dust on that, we could be on to a real winner.

Winston Ingram
11-09-2023, 08:57 AM
Someone posted links last week to a CCM message board. There were posts on there indicating LM could be a fearful of NMs arrival. There was no clue what lay behind it but there were a few posts of a similar nature.

Nonetheless I’m delighted about this appointment and its the most excited I’ve been about a managerial appointment for a long time. His record looks absolutely tremendous and I know he’s not here to work in the academy but, if he can sprinkle some of his gold dust on that, we could be on to a real winner.

It was because he'd signed a pre-contract with McArthur before he came to us. As a result, McArthur got the fee we paid, not CCM. He never actually kicked a ball for McArthur.

Sproule Three
11-09-2023, 09:15 AM
It was because he'd signed a pre-contract with McArthur before he came to us. As a result, McArthur got the fee we paid, not CCM. He never actually kicked a ball for McArthur.
He would have been getting offered a fair bit more at McArthur so suspect that’s the reason he left Mariners.
obviously chance to come to the Hibees was even more tempting

tamig
11-09-2023, 09:54 AM

Cheers bud. I knew there was something about another Oz club being in the mix so thanks for clarifying 👍