PDA

View Full Version : Guidelines for taking passengers to sporting events in Scotland

AugustaHibs
04-09-2023, 08:56 PM
Please have a look at the below tweet and make your feelings heard.

https://x.com/derekwatson89/status/1698792654841004163?s=46&t=P5NrwaOGrUUmWr-xtR2sdg

Pretty Boy
05-09-2023, 06:32 AM
Football fans, always guilty until proven innocent.

lyonhibs
05-09-2023, 06:40 AM

https://x.com/derekwatson89/status/1698792654841004163?s=46&t=P5NrwaOGrUUmWr-xtR2sdg

How the **** are they going to regulate what is or is not a substantial meal? Going to have PC Plod doing calorie counting?

What absolute pish.

Paul1642
05-09-2023, 06:43 AM
How the **** are they going to regulate what is or is not a substantial meal? Going to have PC Plod doing calorie counting?

What absolute pish.

I’d imagine that like during the period of mad covid rules it will be down to staff at pubs to ensure compliance.

lyonhibs
05-09-2023, 06:45 AM
I’d imagine that like during the period of mad covid rules it will be down to staff at pubs to ensure compliance.

Bacon rolls and portions of chips all round then

snedzuk
05-09-2023, 06:57 AM
"PSV operators are to have established safeguarding policies when carrying persons under the age of 18 years old. This is to include arrangements for the nomination of at least one responsible adult for the minors carried."

So if a 17 year old on your bus let's off a pyro, is it the responsible adults fault. And if it is, how many adults would want that role and without the adult, can up to 18s travel.

SteveHFC
05-09-2023, 07:01 AM
Psv operators must notify if and chanting has taken place on route

Meanwhile rugby fans do what you want and enjoy a beer at game

Northernhibee
05-09-2023, 07:03 AM
Psv operators must notify if and chanting has taken place on route

Meanwhile rugby fans do what you want and enjoy a beer at game

From the bar staff I know, they have far more hassle when rugby fans are in compared to football.

Jones28
05-09-2023, 07:12 AM
This will never go through. It reads like a ****ing black mirror script.

Toby Carvery will do great business though, Sunak probably has shares in it.

SteveHFC
05-09-2023, 07:30 AM
2 reason it won't work and they both come from Glasgow

May be getting sold as voluntary but using the bus operators licence to make them agree.

CL0762
05-09-2023, 07:32 AM
😂

It’s an absolute farce how football fans are treated in this country.

Over/under policing causes the vast majority of issues at football games so the best way to combat this is to put in place further draconian measures?

Go and watch the game ****, but don’t dare think you can enjoy yourself on the way there or back.

Slim Shady
05-09-2023, 07:35 AM
"PSV operators are to have established safeguarding policies when carrying persons under the age of 18 years old. This is to include arrangements for the nomination of at least one responsible adult for the minors carried."

So if a 17 year old on your bus let's off a pyro, is it the responsible adults fault. And if it is, how many adults would want that role and without the adult, can up to 18s travel.

Married at 16

Drive a car at 17

Cannae goto the football unless mummy or daddy takes you!!

Aldo
05-09-2023, 07:36 AM
2 reason it won't work and they both come from Glasgow

May be getting sold as voluntary but using the bus operators licence to make them agree.

There is nothing new here. Parts of this legislation has been in place for decades.

You ever wonder why buses get stopped by the police on say the M8 prior to certain games (usually Harthill) this legislation gives them this power.

Maybe needed to go through the relevant channels as they’ve asked sections to be added etc.

A lot if this came into force following the 1980 Scottish Cup Riot which involved a certain 2 teams.

The legislation came into force in 1985

Slim Shady
05-09-2023, 07:49 AM
There is nothing new here. Parts of this legislation has been in place for decades.

You ever wonder why buses get stopped by the police on say the M8 prior to certain games (usually Harthill) this legislation gives them this power.

Maybe needed to go through the relevant channels as they’ve asked sections to be added etc.

A lot if this came into force following the 1980 Scottish Cup Riot which involved a certain 2 teams.

The legislation came into force in 1985

Don't think you've read this fully Aldo, this is totally different, this legislation which power has been given to Traffic Commisioner.

If one bus from A2B Coaches get caught breaking the legislation the TC has and will use the authority to remove several buses from the Operators License, no way any bus company will turn a blind eye.

Basically you need permission to go on a bus to a Football match from the Police!! and do so within their conditions.

jacomo
05-09-2023, 07:51 AM

Nah, just his wife. It’s all completely above board.

Jack
05-09-2023, 08:04 AM
UK government consultation.

I wonder if there will be a similar consultation for England or if they already have similar rules in place?

McD
05-09-2023, 08:07 AM
Don't think you've read this fully Aldo, this is totally different, this legislation which power has been given to Traffic Commisioner.

If one bus from A2B Coaches get caught breaking the legislation the TC has and will use the authority to remove several buses from the Operators License, no way any bus company will turn a blind eye.

Basically you need permission to go on a bus to a Football match from the Police!! and do so within their conditions.

Are the police even staffed for this?

Not that I’m suggesting it’s appropriate at all

hibeerealist
05-09-2023, 08:12 AM

Nope, this is down to Humza Useless nowt to do with Sunak.

Keith_M
05-09-2023, 08:16 AM

Looks like a wind-up to me.

overdrive
05-09-2023, 08:17 AM

It says UK Government consultation, not Scottish Government consultation.

Slim Shady
05-09-2023, 08:19 AM

Would police even be required.

New Tachographs (Gen2) being installed in vehicles means they can be checked by enforcement officers remotely!!

lyonhibs
05-09-2023, 08:19 AM

Wrong wrong wrong - read the link :faf:

.Sean.
05-09-2023, 08:21 AM
Looks like a wind-up to me.
https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/guidelines-for-taking-passengers-to-sporting-events-in-scotland/guidelines-for-taking-passengers-to-sporting-events-in-scotland-consultation-document

Unfortunately not

Take it the ***** at the rugby will be demonised like this

McD
05-09-2023, 08:21 AM
Would police even be required.

New Tachographs (Gen2) being installed in vehicles means they can be checked by enforcement officers remotely!!

There are multiple points about informing police officers and getting permission from police officers, so presumably there will need to be some police interaction

G15 Hibs
05-09-2023, 08:22 AM
UK government consultation.

I wonder if there will be a similar consultation for England or if they already have similar rules in place?

It says the guidelines are already in place in England and Wales, this is to bring Scotland into line with them.

.Sean.
05-09-2023, 08:23 AM

The police will try to get the bus companies to do their jobs for them via threats it looks like. Shifting the blame for misbehaviour on the bus companies

Your granny gets burgled and not an officer in site, but they’ll be in the pub to make sure you’ve got a bowl of chips with your pint before a match away to Livingston. Gtf. Any reason folk hate them

SteveHFC
05-09-2023, 08:27 AM
And rest assured it will only be enforced on certain clubs while the other 2 just do what they want

Slim Shady
05-09-2023, 08:29 AM
There are multiple points about informing police officers and getting permission from police officers, so presumably there will need to be some police interaction

Inform a DFO - Dedicated Football Officer.

This was be a knob with a stab proof vest, ID badge on long lanyard, beard full of greggs steak bakes and a clip board.

Police will have the authority to redirect your bus essentially.

Bus companies will have to police this themselves. Or face strict punishment from Traffic Comm.

JeMeSouviens
05-09-2023, 08:37 AM
It's to bring Scotland into line with rUK:

The proposed guidelines are the same as those currently in place in England and Wales, except for the legislative references.

The Senior Traffic Commissioner now considers it appropriate to consider a consistent approach across Great Britain.

Hibs90
05-09-2023, 08:38 AM

Oh dear.

This is the UK Govt trying to implement this in Scotland, they already have this in place down south.

Perhaps read the full page before commenting.

GordonHFC
05-09-2023, 08:53 AM
This is all about Traffic Commissioners being able to take action against PSV Operators who are licenced by a National Government Office and nothing to do with Scotland.

GordonHFC
05-09-2023, 08:56 AM
Traffic Commissioners are independantly employed by the Secretary of State for Transport and are administered by staff in the Office of the Traffic Commissioner which is part of DVSA.

Jones28
05-09-2023, 09:16 AM

You've had a stinker here.

It literally says UK Government Consultation.

LaMotta
05-09-2023, 09:42 AM

It's got nothing to do with Yousaf. No idea how you could come to that conclusion.

People should be made to sit an intelligence test before being allowed to vote.

grunt
05-09-2023, 09:47 AM
In that case Humza will need to have a word with the head of the SNP party in Westminster

https://twitter.com/StephenFlynnSNP/status/1698974985455292906?s=20

Unworkable, unmanageable, unenforceable. Get it in the bin. The clubs these fans support can be a huge force for good & more folk attend matches in Scotland than anywhere else in Europe. Celebrate them, don’t punish them.

oneone73
05-09-2023, 09:52 AM
In that case Humza will need to have a word with the head of the SNP party in Westminster

https://twitter.com/StephenFlynnSNP/status/1698974985455292906?s=20

I thought transport and policing were devolved?

Aldo
05-09-2023, 09:53 AM

Doh. Thanks SS. I did skim it but ta.

GordonHFC
05-09-2023, 10:07 AM
I thought transport and policing were devolved?

The registering of bus routes and services is a devolved issue. Operator Licensing is not.

oneone73
05-09-2023, 10:15 AM
The registering of bus routes and services is a devolved issue. Operator Licensing is not.

Thanks

Suburban Hibby
05-09-2023, 10:21 AM
Bring back the football special!!!

hibeerealist
05-09-2023, 10:26 AM
You've had a stinker here.

It literally says UK Government Consultation.

HU has to adopt it he could dismiss it, naw?

flash
05-09-2023, 10:36 AM

There must come a point where you think "I don't have a clue what I am talking about here, I will bow out."
Instead you double down on your ludicrous viewpoint.

lyonhibs
05-09-2023, 10:43 AM

Your grasp on devolved vs non devolved issues is feeble at best

degenerated
05-09-2023, 10:44 AM

Basically you need permission to go on a bus to a Football match from the Police!! and do so within their conditions.Isn't the traffic commissioner under remit of UK dept of Transport? This is a devolved area, which is why it's already in place England and Wales but not here.
Unless the Tories plan to run roughshod over the Scottish government again then i can't see it happening.

MartinfaePorty
05-09-2023, 10:54 AM
Saw this last night on a WhatsApp chat. I'll be letting them know my thoughts! Everybody I've spoken to has asked what is the issue this is attempting to resolve? It's a solution looking for a problem. Want to stop for a p*sh on the way to a game? - have you asked for permission? Want to stop off at a club on the way and give them some well-appreciated / needed cash? - have you asked permission? Get back to your bus a wee bit after the 1/2 hour stipulated, as you've been held back and /or can't find your bus? - tough luck, it's gone without you. Utter nonsense.

gbhibby
05-09-2023, 11:03 AM
Would be great to have the police on the M8 and city bypass turning the bigot brothers buses around telling them are going to arrive too late so go back home.

Chorley Hibee
05-09-2023, 11:06 AM
Would be great to have the police on the M8 and city bypass turning the bigot brothers buses around telling them are going to arrive too late so go back home.

As someone said earlier, they won't be subject to the same laws.

Just like how they police the grounds too.

GordonHFC
05-09-2023, 11:18 AM
Isn't the traffic commissioner under remit of UK dept of Transport? This is a devolved area, which is why it's already in place England and Wales but not here.
Unless the Tories plan to run roughshod over the Scottish government again then i can't see it happening.

As previously explained this is not a devolved area. The Traffic Commissioners for Great Britain are the only people who can grant an operators licence and the only ones who can remove it. Only registering local services is devolved in Scotland which has nothing to do with Private Hire.

Keith_M
05-09-2023, 11:30 AM
https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/guidelines-for-taking-passengers-to-sporting-events-in-scotland/guidelines-for-taking-passengers-to-sporting-events-in-scotland-consultation-document

Unfortunately not

Take it the ***** at the rugby will be demonised like this

Jeez, you're right.

:rolleyes:

Jones28
05-09-2023, 11:44 AM

Naw.

Its not devolved, therefor Scottish Government has no say on it.

OstKurve Hibs
05-09-2023, 12:14 PM

sunak ? You mean humza the racist!?

https://youtu.be/FI3JBBlmej4?si=stZ93DKkEK_Ua8sB

DH1875
05-09-2023, 12:27 PM
Was there not a case recently where a load of rugby fans had a tare up on a train in Edinburgh and 4 of them got arrested?

Keith_M
05-09-2023, 01:02 PM
Is there any chance we could keep the political digs out of this?

It clearly has nothing to do with any Unionist/Separatist arguments.

Tommy75
05-09-2023, 01:10 PM
The police will try to get the bus companies to do their jobs for them via threats it looks like. Shifting the blame for misbehaviour on the bus companies

Your granny gets burgled and not an officer in site, but they’ll be in the pub to make sure you’ve got a bowl of chips with your pint before a match away to Livingston. Gtf. Any reason folk hate them

Hate the police because the Govt passes bizarre laws? Surely the issue is with those who legislate?

Keith_M
05-09-2023, 01:14 PM
Hate the police because the Govt passes bizarre laws? Surely the issue is with those who legislate?

I'd imagine that, if this comes into force, the police will be as p1ssed of about it as most football fans.

They're struggling as it is, so diverting resources to enforce this isn't going to help.

Jones28
05-09-2023, 01:15 PM

You saying HY is incorrect? I think you'll find he's right.

And yes I do mean Sunak.

This is the wrong forum for this kind of discussion so if you want I'll come over the HG for a chat, and you can continue to argue that HY is racist and I can keep finding it hilarious.

hibbiedon
05-09-2023, 01:45 PM
Is Humza prime minister, as it’s a uk government consultation

itslegaltender
05-09-2023, 02:44 PM

racist? Get a grip FFS.

grunt
05-09-2023, 03:10 PM
https://spfl.co.uk/news/scottish-football-expresses-concern-at-proposed-

Scottish football’s leading bodies have expressed concern over proposed new rules for fans travelling to matches on public hire vehicles, which have been issued by the Traffic Commissioners for Great Britain.

grunt
05-09-2023, 03:12 PM
It clearly has nothing to do with any Unionist/Separatist arguments.
Except for the part where the UK Government is trying to impose rules on Scottish football fans, rules which the SNP Westminster leader disagrees with.

Keith_M
05-09-2023, 03:52 PM
The most recent large scale, football related violence was on the day of the League Cup Final, when the Green Brigade turned up looking for a battle with the Union Bears.

AFAIK, they didn't travel on supporters buses.

ErinGoBraghHFC
05-09-2023, 03:57 PM
The most recent large scale, football related violence was on the day of the League Cup Final, when the Green Brigade turned up looking for a battle with the Union Bears.

AFAIK, they didn't travel on supporters buses.

They didn’t, they walked down to Hampden afaik

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.Sean.
05-09-2023, 05:16 PM
https://spfl.co.uk/news/scottish-football-expresses-concern-at-proposed-
Fair play 👏🏼

Victor
05-09-2023, 05:49 PM
Fair play [emoji1376]

Well done. No doubt the Bhoys and the Bears have been on the phone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
05-09-2023, 06:50 PM
Complete overkill.

A bit like the full searches that were being carried out at Pittodrie. As a 53 year old it’s actually scandalous to have to pay £30 then have suffer the humiliation of being searched like a common criminal before entering the ground.

You kind of get the impression at times that they’d rather everyone just stayed at home and watched on TV.

McD
06-09-2023, 10:07 AM
Complete overkill.

A bit like the full searches that were being carried out at Pittodrie. As a 53 year old it’s actually scandalous to have to pay £30 then have suffer the humiliation of being searched like a common criminal before entering the ground.

You kind of get the impression at times that they’d rather everyone just stayed at home and watched on TV.

Except you’re hardly on tv in Scotland unless rangers or Celtic come to visit :rolleyes:

lyonhibs
06-09-2023, 10:26 AM
Complete overkill.

Are 53 year olds de facto incapable of also being common criminals?

overdrive
06-09-2023, 10:44 AM
Complete overkill.

I almost didn’t get into Pittodrie the one and only time I’ve been (the Jamie Maclaren missed penalty game) as the steward was trying to claim my glasses could be used as a missile.

Numptie
06-09-2023, 10:45 AM
Not really a big issue for Hibs busses apart from Aberdeen visits. Nearly all supporters busses go to the ground and fans then go to pubs in the relevant town. For me, only time the bus ‘stops’ at a pub is Aberdeen or Hampden. Different in E&W where very long journeys are broken by a pub visit. Although away days to Aberdeen wouldn’t be the same, if you had to go to Pittodrie and then find a pub

SChibs
06-09-2023, 10:55 AM
Not really a big issue for Hibs busses apart from Aberdeen visits. Nearly all supporters busses go to the ground and fans then go to pubs in the relevant town. For me, only time the bus ‘stops’ at a pub is Aberdeen or Hampden. Different in E&W where very long journeys are broken by a pub visit. Although away days to Aberdeen wouldn’t be the same, if you had to go to Pittodrie and then find a pub

Still an issue as buses are given a 1 hour window to arrive at the ground so effectively giving fans less than an hour at the pub.

I'm not saying fans need hour to tank up before the game but being able to stretch your legs, chill out and socialise with fellow fans between the journey and game is a big part of the day out for many fans.

Not to mention it would be very difficult for fans to find a pub as you are gonna have a few bus loads arriving a similar time all looking for a pub in an area that is already going to be very busy pre kick off.

worcesterhibby
06-09-2023, 10:59 AM
Are 53 year olds de facto incapable of also being common criminals?

No that's 54 year old's he has got his facts wrong

Hibby70
06-09-2023, 11:41 AM
Don't think I've ever been on a supporters bus that had fans that would cause bother.

Trying to resolve an issue that just doesn't exist in this country as far as I'm aware.

SChibs
06-09-2023, 11:53 AM
Don't think I've ever been on a supporters bus that had fans that would cause bother.

Trying to resolve an issue that just doesn't exist in this country as far as I'm aware.

I think the problem does exist but it's a small one. Treating all fans like criminals is a step too far

Edina Street
06-09-2023, 01:46 PM

What absolute pish.

A substantial meal is defined as being a meal that is at least the equivalent of a main course dinner. It does not have to include a starter or dessert.
Also Health Secretary Matt Hancock wants all pubs and bars to become illegal. Only restaurants should be licensed to sell alcohol.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substantial_meal#:~:text=This%20was%20defined%20as %20being,close%20unless%20operating%20as%20restaur ants%22.

I am slowly beginning to reconsider my views regarding David Icke, whom I thought was a nutter!

overdrive
06-09-2023, 02:04 PM
A substantial meal is defined as being a meal that is at least the equivalent of a main course dinner. It does not have to include a starter or dessert.
Also Health Secretary Matt Hancock wants all pubs and bars to become illegal. Only restaurants should be licensed to sell alcohol.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substantial_meal#:~:text=This%20was%20defined%20as %20being,close%20unless%20operating%20as%20restaur ants%22.

I am slowly beginning to reconsider my views regarding David Icke, whom I thought was a nutter!

Eh? Hancock hasn’t been Health Secretary for quite some time.

lyonhibs
06-09-2023, 02:29 PM
Eh? Hancock hasn’t been Health Secretary for quite some time.

It's a quote from the wiki page that's talking about COVID era restrictions, one of which was temporarily that booze could only be served with a meal because that's how airborne viral infections work - if you can coat your windpipe in grease and MSG, it knocks them for 6.

.Sean.
06-09-2023, 02:31 PM
Complete overkill.

I haven’t been to pittodrie since before covid now, how in depth were the searches?

overdrive
06-09-2023, 02:49 PM
It's a quote from the wiki page that's talking about COVID era restrictions, one of which was temporarily that booze could only be served with a meal because that's how airborne viral infections work - if you can coat your windpipe in grease and MSG, it knocks them for 6.

I get that but the poster was implying it is a current thing

Hibernian Verse
06-09-2023, 02:53 PM
I haven’t been to pittodrie since before covid now, how in depth were the searches?

Matron...

They weren't that bad. Asked me to empty my pockets that was it.

Pretty Boy
06-09-2023, 02:57 PM
In my experience trains are more of a flashpoint than supporters coaches and even then it's once in a blue moon there is real bother. Forcing more people into trains and off organised and usually well managed buses seems complete overreach from the government.

Billy McKirdy
06-09-2023, 03:20 PM
As a coach driver this makes me uneasy.
The fact it’s seemingly being enacted through the traffic commissioner just means an additional pressure on the driver and their livelihood (their pcv licence). I’m sure coach operators won’t be too happy with this either as their operating licences would be at stake for continuous breaches of guidance. If anything, this could drive many coach businesses away from running football specials which would lead to a shortage of coach availability and a subsequent rise in the cost of hiring.

DH1875
06-09-2023, 04:24 PM
I'm in my 40s now and got a full frisk/pat down at Hampden for the Scotland V Spain game. Was a genuine WTF moment as my mates and brother all got through no problems. They did find it funny though.
I better get one on Tuesday now or I'll be raging lol.

Pretty Boy
06-09-2023, 04:36 PM
It's good to see a bit of cross bench condemnation at Holyrood. Politicians of all persuasions, including the FM and Douglas Ross, saying it's daft and unworkable.

Carheenlea
06-09-2023, 07:34 PM

You went through one check for tickets, then a second where it was full pad down/ pockets/hats. Guy in front even had his hair searched which was a new one for me. Wasn’t as if he was sporting a Bobby Smith so not entirely sure what they’re looking for there.

Brooster
06-09-2023, 07:42 PM
In my experience trains are more of a flashpoint than supporters coaches and even then it's once in a blue moon there is real bother. Forcing more people into trains and off organised and usually well managed buses seems complete overreach from the government.

Had an interesting conversation with a guard on the train to Aberdeen on Sunday. He said Hibs, hertz and Aberdeen are the only teams in Scotland who use the rail network in any real numbers. The old firm fans are too dispersed and the others don't carry the same numbers, only those 3 clubs get heavily policed on the trains.

PS the security checks at Aberdeen are a bit excessive.

Diclonius
07-09-2023, 11:27 AM
I assume Celtic and Rangers buses will be unofficially exempt from this legislation as per.

JimBHibees
08-09-2023, 06:00 AM
Had an interesting conversation with a guard on the train to Aberdeen on Sunday. He said Hibs, hertz and Aberdeen are the only teams in Scotland who use the rail network in any real numbers. The old firm fans are too dispersed and the others don't carry the same numbers, only those 3 clubs get heavily policed on the trains.

PS the security checks at Aberdeen are a bit excessive.

Find that a little surprising been on some trains going into Glasgow and loads of. Old firm fans on them.

scm70nyd1973
08-09-2023, 06:05 AM

What absolute pish.

Hops is IMHO a substantial meal - job done

overdrive
08-09-2023, 08:17 AM
Hops is IMHO a substantial meal - job done

They do say drinking Guinness is like eating a loaf of bread, so just stick to the Guinness and you'll be fine :greengrin

Jones28
08-09-2023, 08:44 AM
They do say drinking Guinness is like eating a loaf of bread, so just stick to the Guinness and you'll be fine :greengrin

Guinness is a lot lighter on the calorie front than I expected, so I hope you're getting a plate of chips to go along with it.

Punk IPA (292) has more calories per pint than Guinness (210).

NAE NOOKIE
08-09-2023, 09:20 AM
What a polarising debate this is.

so far in the against it camp we have:

Every football fan in Scotland.
The SFA
The SPFL
Scottish Women's football
Every club in Scotland
The Scottish PFA
The SNP
The Scottish Labour party
The Scottish Tories
The Scottish Greens
The Scottish Lib Dems
The coach hire companies
The Scottish hospitality industry
Police Scotland

In the for it camp we have:

Some faceless twat in London who has probably never been to a game if football in his / her life and with absolutely no tangible evidence whatsoever of any sort of a change in the behaviour of Scottish football fans over the last 25 years to support the draconian measures they are proposing to foist upon us.

What could possibly go wrong.

Phil MaGlass
08-09-2023, 09:43 AM
There also seems to be quite a lot of people who hate the Scot gov and Humza, and everything they do is SNP,s fault, f,n daily mail readers. brexit turned oot f,n great and dandy for us all eh?

The Baldmans Comb
08-09-2023, 09:59 AM
Scotland is the the strangest country in the world on so many levels and this is just another rather minor illustration of what any outsider must think is a quite ridiculous way to run a country.

Scottish people go abroad and think everyone loves there friendliness and jovial banter but scratch just a little bit below the surface and you might find you are thought of and talked about in an entirely different way.

NAE NOOKIE
08-09-2023, 10:39 AM
There also seems to be quite a lot of people who hate the Scot gov and Humza, and everything they do is SNP,s fault, f,n daily mail readers. brexit turned oot f,n great and dandy for us all eh?

On this subject by now nobody can be in any doubt that what is being proposed has absolutely nothing to do with the SNP, Scottish government, or Hamza Yousaf.

If fact in a once in every decade event Holyrood seems to be united in it's opposition to this entirely unnecessary and draconian proposal. Hell, even the Scottish Tories, who never miss a chance to revel in or express their glee at the UK internal market bill being used as a tool to circumvent Scotland's ability to run itself and make our own decisions as to what is best for us, are opposed to it.

This morning I have dashed off an E Mail to my local MP .... the odious John Lamont .... pointing out this very fact.

BigKev
08-09-2023, 10:54 AM
Scotland is the the strangest country in the world on so many levels and this is just another rather minor illustration of what any outsider must think is a quite ridiculous way to run a country.

Scottish people go abroad and think everyone loves there friendliness and jovial banter but scratch just a little bit below the surface and you might find you are thought of and talked about in an entirely different way.

Really? I’ve been to many a country and never heard anyone talk disparagingly about Scots in general. English, Northern Irish and Americans are more common figures of discussion when it comes to locals abroad chatting about nuisance tourists.

Maybe the faceless guy trying to implement this unwarranted scheme doesn’t like us but it would be a pretty lame reason to introduce it.

greenginger
08-09-2023, 11:02 AM
On this subject by now nobody can be in any doubt that what is being proposed has absolutely nothing to do with the SNP, Scottish government, or Hamza Yousaf.

If fact in a once in every decade event Holyrood seems to be united in it's opposition to this entirely unnecessary and draconian proposal. Hell, even the Scottish Tories, who never miss a chance to revel in or express their glee at the UK internal market bill being used as a tool to circumvent Scotland's ability to run itself and make our own decisions as to what is best for us, are opposed to it.

This morning I have dashed off an E Mail to my local MP .... the odious John Lamont .... pointing out this very fact.

It’s meant to be a consultative document.

I sent off an email to the link provided pointing out that coaches leaving 30 minutes after final whistle is impossible when visiting fans are kept back at some grounds ( ibrox )

Added that they obviously clueless about the mechanisms of Scottish football and would be best leaving it to people who did

NAE NOOKIE
08-09-2023, 11:03 AM

Well, when it comes to allowing another country to foist rules and regulations on us without so much as a nod to our particular circumstances I couldn't agree more.

The second bit you really would have to elaborate on.

NAE NOOKIE
08-09-2023, 11:10 AM
It’s meant to be a consultative document.

I sent off an email to the link provided pointing out that coaches leaving 30 minutes after final whistle is impossible when visiting fans are kept back at some grounds ( ibrox )

Added that they obviously clueless about the mechanisms of Scottish football and would be best leaving it to people who did

Indeed. I am aware that as things stand this is simply a proposal. What worries me is that the almost blanket opposition to it will be ignored by a UK government who far too often take the view that what's good for England simply has to be good for the rest of the UK, no matter how compelling the evidence to the contrary might be.

scm70nyd1973
08-09-2023, 01:16 PM
Was a pork pie not deemed to be a substantial meal during the Covid period - if so I’m going to heavily invest in several pork pie producing companies - might even place a bet on Barry Ferguson getting the HIBS job (see other thread) as I’m feeling very lucky today 👍🫢

Brightside
08-09-2023, 02:07 PM
Its been scratched.

grunt
08-09-2023, 03:25 PM
A joint statement issued on behalf of the Scottish FA, @spfl (https://twitter.com/spfl) and @SWPL (https://twitter.com/SWPL)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F5gq1yNWYAA9YIp?format=webp&name=medium

Baldy Foghorn
08-09-2023, 03:39 PM
As someone who runs a bus to fixtures, the plans were preposterous and quite frankly unmanageable.

Common sense prevails:flag:

Brooster
08-09-2023, 03:59 PM
Find that a little surprising been on some trains going into Glasgow and loads of. Old firm fans on them.

I think he was referring to OF not travelling up the East Coast to away games on trains.

Brooster
08-09-2023, 04:01 PM
As someone who runs a bus to fixtures, the plans were preposterous and quite frankly unmanageable.

Common sense prevails:flag:

Agreed mate, to think someone actually came up with that nonsense. I heard you had the bin liners out at Aberdeen, Quality Street next?

Baldy Foghorn
08-09-2023, 04:05 PM
Agreed mate, to think someone actually came up with that nonsense. I heard you had the bin liners out at Aberdeen, Quality Street next?

Could only stretch to bin bags:greengrin

Brooster
08-09-2023, 04:11 PM
Could only stretch to bin bags:greengrin

Haha....Ross County away 23rd December, has to be Quality Street.