PDA

View Full Version : Doidge MotM

Juice-Terry
03-09-2023, 04:09 PM
Brilliant fae big Christian. New lease of life. Long may it continue. GGTTH!

ian cruise
03-09-2023, 04:09 PM
We should be starting with either Doidge or ALF in place of Campbell right now.

#2 Double Tap
03-09-2023, 04:10 PM
Doidge is magic!

hibee_girl
03-09-2023, 04:12 PM
He's back to the Doidge we had when he first signed.

So glad we kept him :thumbsup:

JohnM1875
He changed the game when he came on. The work rate for the first goal, you're not getting that from any other striker. Great ball back in to Newell as well.

The second goal was a brilliant header.

So pleasing to see him back to his best in a Hibs shirt. Happy for him.

Hibbyradge
I wouldn't be giving him MOTM but his contribution was huge.

Didn't give up on the loose ball for the first goal and scored the second.

I'm delighted for Doidge, but I'd be inclined to give MOTM to Jeggo.

Clarence
03-09-2023, 04:13 PM
Great work rate, great strength, great lad.

Borderhibbie76
03-09-2023, 04:15 PM
Doidge like the Sept weather just now - he's having an Indian Summer - great to have him back and what a bonus

Forza Fred
03-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Miller got MOM…….but Alfie’s goal changed the game and Doidge was always a threat when he was on.

Exuberance1875
03-09-2023, 04:22 PM
Alf was different gravy when he came on, vente will take time to come good and settle as he looks more a poacher but we look much more threatening with 2 up top and Boyle and Youan out wide in the midfield 4

Northernhibee
03-09-2023, 04:24 PM
He never went away.

Ladies and gentlemen, Christian Doidge.

gazzag70
03-09-2023, 04:24 PM
Both Doidge and ALF were class when they came on. Doidge is playing out his skin and what a finish from ALF.

The Tubs
03-09-2023, 04:26 PM
New contract please.

Baldy Foghorn
03-09-2023, 07:23 PM
He works his socks off, and never gives up. Well done CD:flag:

JimBHibees
03-09-2023, 07:31 PM
Personally would have given Lewis Stevenson motm. Definitely cut out the nonsense he can't still play at this level.

Mikey_1875
03-09-2023, 07:36 PM
Delighted he is back to form and contributing. He was one of my favourite players before his injury and today was a brilliant example of how to lead the forward line.

Bostonhibby
03-09-2023, 07:54 PM
To think we were supposedly looking to let him go, glad he outlasted the then manager and delighted he is back and doing well.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Winston Ingram
03-09-2023, 08:08 PM

Yep. He certainly is. Say it quietly though, some people don’t like it👀

Northernhibee
03-09-2023, 08:11 PM
Said it before and will say it again, possibly the best traditional centre forward/target man in the league outwith the two arse cheeks.

Keith_M
03-09-2023, 08:15 PM

:agree:

Happy to accept he's proved me wrong, and long may it continue

LewysGot2
03-09-2023, 08:22 PM
Not long back…CD and ALF were excellent but it was a cameo performance- MotM for me was one from Fish or Jeggo. Notable contributions from Hanlon and Stevenson, Boyle and to be fair a much more secure outing from Marshall.

Great 3 points, great atmosphere in our end.

They’re just more of the industrial, streetwise versions of themselves over the last decade. Shinnie thinks he’s the son of Willie Miller…trying to referee the game whilst operating like a thug. Apologies to Willie Miller…

Duk is a good player who doesn’t need to cheat but cheat he does.

Barry Robson sounded like LJ minus the animal analogies on the radio coming back.

Feeling much better tonight. :agree:

Cuikyhibs
03-09-2023, 08:26 PM
Doidge is brilliant in his position, never gives in, always 100%. Might not be the silky player some want but is effective as hell and a thoroughly a nice bloke to match. Superb today

cammy1969
03-09-2023, 09:45 PM
Looks fitter than ever and give his all every game give me that every time. I think the 3 main guys unfront get double figures take that that any day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
03-09-2023, 09:49 PM
I wouldn't be giving him MOTM but his contribution was huge.

Didn't give up on the loose ball for the first goal and scored the second.

I'm delighted for Doidge, but I'd be inclined to give MOTM to Jeggo.

Good shout. Jeggo has no football skills whatsoever, but paradoxically one of the best footballing brains.

MWHIBBIES
03-09-2023, 09:55 PM
This thread is missing someone

21sMay
03-09-2023, 11:16 PM
I for one will eat some humble pie with regards to doidge . Though he was finished and was wanting us to move him on to free up his wage , how wrong was I. He's been very good when asked to play this season and deserves to stay

AZhibee
03-09-2023, 11:25 PM
Doidge is magic!

Bay City Rollers?

CockneyRebel
04-09-2023, 09:42 AM

He's far too inconsistent to get a mention! :greengrin

6-2MAGIC
04-09-2023, 10:20 AM
I've said since the start of pre-season that Doidge needed to moved on, not because I don't like him I just genuinely felt his time at the club was up and we needed to move for a different type of striker etc now. However, I have to give him credit, since he has came back his all round game looks different... link-up play, goals, bursting a gut all round he looks a different player. He certainly looks re-focused and long may it continue.

Borderhibbie76
04-09-2023, 10:21 AM
Said it before and will say it again, possibly the best traditional centre forward/target man in the league outwith the two arse cheeks.

I'd say one arse cheek as those new Sevco strikers all look brutal. Give me that guy Doidge over them anyway of the week. As they said on Sportscene last night, Doidge is just brilliant at being an absolute pest to defences. A lot of his hard work and closing down goes unnoticed by fans sometimes, glad he is getting the praise he deserves for a change

Winston Ingram
04-09-2023, 10:26 AM
I've said since the start of pre-season that Doidge needed to moved on, not because I don't like him I just genuinely felt his time at the club was up and we needed to move for a different type of striker etc now. However, I have to give him credit, since he has came back his all round game looks different... link-up play, goals, bursting a gut all round he looks a different player. He certainly looks re-focused and long may it continue.

Tbf,it looks exactly the same to me as it did prior to the injury.

Borderhibbie76
04-09-2023, 10:29 AM
Tbf,it looks exactly the same to me as it did prior to the injury.

Yep it's the Doidge of the Jack Ross era again - he was brilliant in the Covid season and the start of the following season before injury and getting Covid himself

Keith_M
04-09-2023, 10:30 AM

Neil Lennon?

tamsonsbairn
04-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Neil Lennon?

To think we nearly gave him away for free last year to killie

Roxyhibee
04-09-2023, 12:23 PM
Always loved big Doidge, a striker who can turn his hand to anything - feet, in the air, lay offs and a tremendous work rate. I think we have a similar gem in ALF. I don’t necessarily think he’s always a starter and think the new manager needs to focus initially on developing Vente and decide how best to utilise his role with someone else.

Everytime Doidge scores or assists though - it must cut through that Hibs hating utter buffoon Richard Gordon, who mocked him in his first few settling in games with us. So, yesterday must have really killed the smug sheep tw@t.

Kato
04-09-2023, 12:37 PM
Always loved big Doidge, a striker who can turn his hand to anything - feet, in the air, lay offs and a tremendous work rate. I think we have a similar gem in ALF. I don’t necessarily think he’s always a starter and think the new manager needs to focus initially on developing Vente and decide how best to utilise his role with someone else.

Everytime Doidge scores or assists though - it must cut through that Hibs hating utter buffoon Richard Gordon, who mocked him in his first few settling in games with us. So, yesterday must have really killed the smug sheep [email protected]'t remember Gordon saying his name yesterday.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
04-09-2023, 01:57 PM
Deserves it. Had a bad injury and went off the boil. The plastic pitch on loan to Killie isn't the best place for rehab, but he's obviously worked very hard on his fitness levels in the close season, and came back stronger, sharper and faster. A great example of a pro knuckling down instead of throwing the toys and the pram, and working hard to force himself back into first team plans.

brog
04-09-2023, 02:47 PM
I actually thought he looked trimmer and fitter than he ever has yesterday. Hes also now has 2 assists with excellent left foot passes when my prior recollection of his left foot was him kicking it onto his right foot a yard from goal!
Was always a fan of his effort, less his ability. Will be absolutely thrilled to be proved wrong!
PS, he does have some previous at Sheep, the game where he missed 4 one on one's, the game where he scored a superb one on one and the game where he scored the superb volley. Probably his only Hibs goal from outside the box?

Crab apple
04-09-2023, 03:15 PM
I'm so glad he is still here. Offers up something different. And with ALF, Vente, Boyle and Elie we're reasonably well off in the forward area.

04-09-2023, 05:08 PM
I'm so glad he is still here. Offers up something different. And with ALF, Vente, Boyle and Elie we're reasonably well off in the forward area.

I'm very excited by our forward options. They all offer something different and you actually feel happy about them coming off the bench as you feel, as already been proven, as if they'll impact the game.

SChibs
05-09-2023, 04:30 AM
I actually thought he looked trimmer and fitter than he ever has yesterday. Hes also now has 2 assists with excellent left foot passes when my prior recollection of his left foot was him kicking it onto his right foot a yard from goal!
Was always a fan of his effort, less his ability. Will be absolutely thrilled to be proved wrong!
PS, he does have some previous at Sheep, the game where he missed 4 one on one's, the game where he scored a superb one on one and the game where he scored the superb volley. Probably his only Hibs goal from outside the box?

Think he scored from outside the box against Dundee United in the Scottish Cup Semi during covid

Brooster
05-09-2023, 07:19 AM
What a season he's having, big player for us.

IvanSproule
05-09-2023, 07:59 AM
Personally would have given Lewis Stevenson motm. Definitely cut out the nonsense he can't still play at this level.Agree completely he was class.

He's the same as he's been his whole career, if the main job of the back line in a specific game is just to defend the box then he always shines. Luzern at home was the same he was near perfect.

It's when we're expected to dominate the ball and he's expected to overlap all the time and become a wing back that he struggles. Should be playing Obita there in home games except maybe old firm.

Both him and Hanlon still have it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jacomo
05-09-2023, 10:17 AM

This summer in fact… if he’d fancied the move.

Since452
05-09-2023, 10:36 AM

To be fair that loan did him the world of good. Was really coming on to a game towards the end of last season. Was obviously the wee confidence boost he needed.

brog
05-09-2023, 10:42 AM
Think he scored from outside the box against Dundee United in the Scottish Cup Semi during covid
I was actually thinking of that one. May have been right on edge of box and IIRC was offside but pre VAR thankfully! Good goal though!

flash
05-09-2023, 10:48 AM
I wanted him gone but am more then happy to be completely wrong on this.
He looks like a man on a mission.

jeffers
05-09-2023, 10:51 AM
I wanted him gone but am more then happy to be completely wrong on this.
He looks like a man on a mission.

:agree: Never been a fan but he’s done very well when called upon this season.

flash
05-09-2023, 11:39 AM
:agree: Never been a fan but he’s done very well when called upon this season.

He has clearly been on here reading what idiots like us have been saying about him.

jeffers
05-09-2023, 12:04 PM
He has clearly been on here reading what idiots like us have been saying about him.

He said I was right about Johnson :greengrin

LewysGot2
16-09-2023, 08:14 PM
Have to say I think him going off today was a big miss second half. He was working like a Trojan first half, everything was sticking to him and he gave us presence up top with Vente. He can also help out at the back at set pieces. Definitely hampered us after the ridiculous challenge that saw him have to go off and not even a yellow for the assassin :rolleyes:

B.H.F.C
16-09-2023, 08:57 PM
Have to say I think him going off today was a big miss second half. He was working like a Trojan first half, everything was sticking to him and he gave us presence up top with Vente. He can also help out at the back at set pieces. Definitely hampered us after the ridiculous challenge that saw him have to go off and not even a yellow for the assassin :rolleyes:

We definitely missed him. Had a knock on effect a later in the game when we took Vente off but had already brought Le Fondre on and ended up with Campbell up top which just didn’t work.

EdinMike
16-09-2023, 10:15 PM
Always been a fan of the big man, he’ll come right this season!

Shrekko
16-09-2023, 11:51 PM
Felt he was our key man in that good first half - absolutely excellent.

Massive miss in the 2nd half in terms of the way we played. I also thought he had a goal in him today.

theonlywayisup
17-09-2023, 06:28 AM

Hundred percent agree. He was excellent until he went off and we were not the same after that.

Mad that we farmed him out last season and we looking to let him go in the summer.

Also another observation, when logging onto Hibs.net this morning, why is it those threads criticising our players are at the top of the page, yet those praising our players are well down it. Funny that!

Since452
17-09-2023, 06:32 AM
Hundred percent agree. He was excellent until he went off and we were not the same after that.

Mad that we farmed him out last season and we looking to let him go in the summer.

Also another observation, when logging onto Hibs.net this morning, why is it those threads criticising our players are at the top of the page, yet those praising our players are well down it. Funny that!

He was miles off it last season and needed to go out on loan to get his confidence back. It worked out well for both parties.

Northernhibee
17-09-2023, 08:40 AM
Needs a new contract. Him, ALF (who doesn’t look as if this is likely to be his last season), Vente and O’Connor could be a great strike force. Focus on depth out wide and a better defensive line/midfield and we’re motoring.

Doidge has an elite mentality IMO - always works his socks off, always looks to contribute, positive in how he plays.

Onion
17-09-2023, 08:42 AM
Terrific performance. Great to sees him playing with such confidence again, and hope his injury is not a long-term problem.

allezsauzee
17-09-2023, 09:08 AM
I was a big fan of Doidge in his first couple of seasons but I had genuinely thought his time had been and gone. Delighted that he's proving me wrong.

superfurryhibby
18-09-2023, 03:32 PM
Expected to be fit for St Johnston

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/christian-doidge-hibs-injury-update-ahead-of-st-johnstone-4339616

Keith_M
18-09-2023, 04:06 PM

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/christian-doidge-hibs-injury-update-ahead-of-st-johnstone-4339616

:aok:

Good news

Mick O'Rourke
18-09-2023, 04:15 PM
Expected to be fit for St Johnstone

Good recovery .

A stitch in time.
We should call him Norman:greengrin

Onion
18-09-2023, 04:16 PM
:aok:

Good news

Under LJ he'd be out of 6 weeks. Changed days :thumbsup:

Since452
18-09-2023, 05:12 PM
Warrior. Love big Doidge.

Green Reaper
18-09-2023, 08:40 PM
Hopefully Youan will be ok for next week too

hibees 7062
18-09-2023, 08:53 PM

Loves a goal against them

JimBHibees
18-09-2023, 08:54 PM

Would be surprised looked like a collar bone break hope not

worcesterhibby
19-09-2023, 08:57 AM
Would be surprised looked like a collar bone break hope not

I hope not, I've done that twice..once playing football...not nice. he'd be out a fair while.

Onion
19-09-2023, 09:32 AM

He'll be fine. Physio had a good look at him on field and even tapped him on the shoulder to say no damage done. If he had a broken or dislocated shoulder or busted collar bone, physio would have noticed that. If not, then the physio should be looking for another job.

Green Reaper
19-09-2023, 04:46 PM
He'll be fine. Physio had a good look at him on field and even tapped him on the shoulder to say no damage done. If he had a broken or dislocated shoulder or busted collar bone, physio would have noticed that. If not, then the physio should be looking for another job.

Sounds positive