PDA

View Full Version : Time to give Rocky a chance ?

Donegal Hibby
02-09-2023, 10:23 AM
I know some of you aren't keen on him though I think he's done well when he's played tbh . Thought he had a good game against villa. Is there maybe a case for him starting in the Aberdeen game over Fish who's form been poor since coming back?

Hibbyradge
02-09-2023, 10:27 AM
I've liked him since he arrived. He was very good on Thursday and he always gives everything he's got.

He'll get plenty time on the pitch.

Bostonhibby
02-09-2023, 10:50 AM
I'd be happy enough to give him a decent run and see how far he can develop.

I like the guy and appreciate his effort.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Since452
02-09-2023, 10:52 AM
I like Rocky. Would be more than happy for him to be starting games.

JohnM1875
02-09-2023, 10:52 AM
It's a yes from me. I actually like him and he's the only defender who seems to wan to run out of defence with the ball. Some block to stop McGinn from scoring on Thursday as well.

Seems to love being here and playing for the club. Get him in the starting XI

easty
02-09-2023, 10:53 AM
If we can get Fish back on the form of last season, that makes Rocky our third choice centre half, in my opinion. I haven’t seen enough of Harbottle yet.

Hibby-G
02-09-2023, 10:57 AM
I don't get the slander for Rocky. Always puts in effort, gives it his all, and isn't exactly an awful player either. Thought he was good against Villa, wasn't the worst player against Livingston either.

Still got a lot of time to improve too, seeing as he's only 23.

CMac1988
02-09-2023, 11:03 AM
23 years old with all the right attributes including a positive attitude. He's the type of player you want to develop and can give a little leeway to with regards to mistakes. He's only going to get better and by managing his play time effectively we'll begin to reap the benefits.

DH1875
02-09-2023, 11:14 AM
In a back 3, 100%. In a 4, not so sure.

Unseen work
02-09-2023, 11:28 AM
Very good the other night and tbf probably the majority of last season.

I’ve said it before but I think individually he plays well but sometimes our defence just looks a bit chaotic with him in it.

But this season it’s been brutal so he 100% deserves a chance. His pace and strength are massive pluses for his in this league too and I think he’s improved massively on the ball.

Brightside
02-09-2023, 11:37 AM
I know some of you aren't keen on him though I think he's done well when he's played tbh . Thought he had a good game against villa. Is there maybe a case for him starting in the Aberdeen game over Fish who's form been poor since coming back?

I would absolutely play him in a 3. He’s not as good in a 2. But his pace is very useful in a 3

DH1875
02-09-2023, 11:42 AM
I would absolutely play him in a 3. He’s not as good in a 2. But his pace is very useful in a 3

Its very noticeable that when he is on the ball he tries to drive us forward. Gets caught out of position in a 2 when he loses the ball which causes a lot of problems. Centre of a 3 and its nowhere near as bad.

BILLYHIBS
02-09-2023, 11:44 AM
First season was a definite no but well documented I am an admirer

The only time I have seen him outpaced caught out and brushed aside was Thursday

I fully expected him to recover but Marshall coming off his line made up the strikers mind

Apart from that not done much wrong

The guy is a unit

Brightside
02-09-2023, 11:47 AM
Its very noticeable that when he is on the ball he tries to drive us forward. Gets caught out of position in a 2 when he loses the ball which causes a lot of problems. Centre of a 3 and its nowhere near as bad.

Yep. I think most would agree. It does mean we have to prob drop a Jeggo for someone more dynamic tho.

NAE NOOKIE
02-09-2023, 11:58 AM
I'm still not against the idea ( my idea :greengrin ) of giving Rocky a shot as a defensive midfield player. He has all the attributes at least physically to play that position, he has the pace required to cover across the park, he's probably the strongest player we have and he certainly isn't any worse on the ball than Jeggo. He isn't afraid to drive up the park with the ball either.

OK he might need a fast learning curve to get him to be positionally aware for the position, but if he could adapt quickly he could be the answer to what many of us think is a problem area.

:tin hat:

Smartie
02-09-2023, 12:04 PM
We are getting back into “crap squad planning” territory again. I agree that Rocky deserves a chance but needs to play in a 3. I also think that we need Jeggo’s qualities, but he only really works in front of a 2. We then need to figure out how we get Boyle and Youan in the team if we play a back 3.

Personally I don’t think we get a decent unit out of our thin squad without having 2 or 3 of our better players sitting out which feels like madness.

Eyrie
02-09-2023, 12:52 PM
I'm still not against the idea ( my idea :greengrin ) of giving Rocky a shot as a defensive midfield player. He has all the attributes at least physically to play that position, he has the pace required to cover across the park, he's probably the strongest player we have and he certainly isn't any worse on the ball than Jeggo. He isn't afraid to drive up the park with the ball either.

OK he might need a fast learning curve to get him to be positionally aware for the position, but if he could adapt quickly he could be the answer to what many of us think is a problem area.

:tin hat:

I realise you haven't been appointed yet but Nae Nookie out!

Diclonius
02-09-2023, 01:01 PM
Defensive midfielder Rocky.

Do it

Iain G
We are getting back into “crap squad planning” territory again. I agree that Rocky deserves a chance but needs to play in a 3. I also think that we need Jeggo’s qualities, but he only really works in front of a 2. We then need to figure out how we get Boyle and Youan in the team if we play a back 3.

Personally I don’t think we get a decent unit out of our thin squad without having 2 or 3 of our better players sitting out which feels like madness.

We could play a 523/343 with Rocky stepping out from the back with the ball, Levitt and Newell in the middle and Elie/Vente/Boyle up front.

Iain G

Do it

We tried this with Porteous, to very mixed effect!

Smartie
02-09-2023, 01:05 PM
We could play a 523/343 with Rocky stepping out from the back with the ball, Levitt and Newell in the middle and Elie/Vente/Boyle up front.

We could, but I think we get murdered in the middle and I’m not convinced we have anyone got that RM role. Or LM if Obita is out.

343 is another of those things that looks good when performed by Chile at a World Cup but that I’ve never seen a Hibs side manage to do justice to.

tamig
02-09-2023, 01:25 PM
We tried this with Porteous, to very mixed effect!

We did it with Matty Jack pretty successfully.

Iain G
02-09-2023, 02:48 PM
We could, but I think we get murdered in the middle and I’m not convinced we have anyone got that RM role. Or LM if Obita is out.

343 is another of those things that looks good when performed by Chile at a World Cup but that I’ve never seen a Hibs side manage to do justice to.

Cadden when fit on the right? And maybe you are right but it's one way to get most of our better players into the team and be more solid at the back.

NAE NOOKIE
02-09-2023, 05:04 PM
I realise you haven't been appointed yet but Nae Nookie out!

Do it

Jeezo. Haven't even been officially unveiled yet and already I'm dividing the support :greengrin

sauzee1989
02-09-2023, 06:52 PM
Absolutely not

Donegal Hibby
02-09-2023, 07:00 PM
Absolutely not

Honestly I think NAE NOOKIE would make a very good Hibs manager 😂

Wilson
02-09-2023, 07:10 PM
Honestly I think NAE NOOKIE would make a very good Hibs manager 😂

His name is also his policy on 'marital relations' on matchday minus one.

Hibbyradge
02-09-2023, 07:34 PM
Jeezo. Haven't even been officially unveiled yet and already I'm dividing the support :greengrin

I don't think there's any division...

NAE NOOKIE
02-09-2023, 09:54 PM

Damn right mate, in fact its minus 2 ... If any of the players had offspring I would have a dedicated team doing a count back and pity help any player who's bairn is born 9 months to the two days before a game ... big fine incoming.

The Tubs
02-09-2023, 10:07 PM

Johnson's biggest impact at Easter Road has been an unparalleled augmentation in lexicon vis-à-vis the intelligibilty of on-field phenomenology.

Jones28
03-09-2023, 06:07 AM
Johnson's biggest impact at Easter Road has been an unparalleled augmentation in lexicon vis-à-vis the intelligibilty of on-field phenomenology.

Yes.