PDA

View Full Version : Letter from Johnson

Jones28
01-09-2023, 01:18 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/lee-johnson-breaks-silence-on-hibs-sacking-with-emotional-statement-4277152

Nice touch from him.

JohnM1875
01-09-2023, 01:22 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/lee-johnson-breaks-silence-on-hibs-sacking-with-emotional-statement-4277152

Nice touch from him.

Aye nice touch. I've said before I don't think he's a bad guy, just not a particularly good football manager.

yerauldda
01-09-2023, 01:22 PM
Pretty classy thing to do when he will be hurting. Genuinely wanted him to do well. All the best, Lee.

badabing67
01-09-2023, 01:24 PM

Nice touch from him.

Never in doubt he bought into the club and wanted the best for us. Unfortunately it didn't work out, its just time to go our separate ways.

JammyDoidger
01-09-2023, 01:26 PM
All whilst we are singing about sacking him cause he's *****, nice touch from Johnson, he's not really got anyone to blame other than himself, he was backed.

Vault Boy
01-09-2023, 01:28 PM
That’s very classy from Lee. I’m not sure I could do the same during what must be a painful and perhaps resentful time.

Exuberance1875
01-09-2023, 01:36 PM
I was firmly in LJ out, after seeing this touch of class, perhaps I was wrong

Pagan Hibernia
01-09-2023, 01:41 PM

You weren't

Jones28
01-09-2023, 01:43 PM

You weren't wrong. Conducting yourself with a bit of class and being a good manager are not mutually exclusive.

Diclonius
01-09-2023, 01:49 PM
Can't not like him on a personal level.

Lago
01-09-2023, 01:53 PM
Class act

Iain G
01-09-2023, 01:55 PM
That's a very nice thing

Donegal Hibby
01-09-2023, 02:07 PM
Very disappointed things didn't work out for him at Hibs . Letter from LJ a touch of class .
Who I never doubted was a decent guy .
Wish him all the best for the future.

hibee_girl
01-09-2023, 03:54 PM
That’s a nice touch from him.

Borderhibbie76
01-09-2023, 03:56 PM
Classy touch from LJ who doesn't deserve some of the personal abuse he's been getting from elements of our support this week. It didn't work out and he had to go but he always came across like he wanted to be here - I wish him well and hope he does a Hecky and goes back south and makes a success of it

Hibernia&Alba
01-09-2023, 03:56 PM
It’s good of him to take the time. It’s a shame it didn’t work out for him, but it’s a ruthless business and we’ve had a terrible start.

worcesterhibby
01-09-2023, 03:58 PM
A fine man. Probably too nice to be a succesful manager, but a good human being.

snedzuk
01-09-2023, 04:18 PM
Certainly classier than Arnold blabbing, if the press report is true.

Stevie Reid
01-09-2023, 04:21 PM
Fair play to him, that’s a nice touch.

Did want him gone, but that’s a very dignified exit.

Baldy Foghorn
01-09-2023, 04:25 PM
Nice thing to do, as he'll be hurting for sure. Well played LJ.

londonhibby
01-09-2023, 04:31 PM

Nice touch from him.

Even in defeat... Hibs' class. :top marks

Johnny_Leith
01-09-2023, 04:49 PM
Not a very arrogant and unlikable thing to do.

Spike Mandela
01-09-2023, 10:02 PM
No matter what you think of the personalities and abilities of guys like Paul Heckingbottom, Jack Ross, Shaun Maloney and Lee Johnson nobody can deny the hard work and professionalism these people put in to their times at Easter Road.

Sometimes it just doesn’t work out, but the abuse and vitreol that sometimes appears on here is bang out of order in my opinion. They were just honest guys doing their best for the club.

Since452
01-09-2023, 10:03 PM
Classy as always. All the best Lee

JohnM1875
01-09-2023, 10:06 PM
No matter what you think of the personalities and abilities of guys like Paul Heckingbottom, Jack Ross, Shaun Maloney and Lee Johnson nobody can deny the hard work and professionalism these people put in to their times at Easter Road.

Sometimes it just doesn’t work out, but the abuse and vitreol that sometimes appears on here is bang out of order in my opinion. They were just honest guys doing their best for the club.

Totally. At the end of the day it's their job. They absolutely try their best to achieve the best they can. More often that not for a manager at our level it just doesn't work out and you get sacked. Doesn't make them bad people.

I actually liked Hecky, Ross, Maloney and LJ as people. They all seem like good guys who'd be great to have a pint and chat with, just weren't good enough as our manager.

Thought that picture doing the rounds of LJ apparently at the airport on the phone to his kids was really really ****. Guy isn't our manager any more. Give him peace.

stoneyburn hibs
01-09-2023, 10:14 PM
Cringe

overdrive
02-09-2023, 12:39 AM
Cringe

Glad you’ve said that. I thought I was alone in thinking that.

Stubbsy90+2
02-09-2023, 07:10 AM

The fact he can release a nice statement doesn’t change the fact he was a crap Hibs manager surely?

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2023, 08:01 AM
So he is capable of talking normally, good luck in the future Lee, maybe a job with the red arrows or Edinburgh zoo would be a better fit than football management.

Hibbyradge
02-09-2023, 10:23 AM
Glad you’ve said that. I thought I was alone in thinking that.

There can't be many of you who lack that level of graciousness and magnanimity, but it's cute to see you meet your soul mates!

Tricla
02-09-2023, 10:25 AM
There can't be many of you who lack that level of graciousness and magnanimity, but it's cute to see you meet your soul mates!

😂👏

Hibbyradge
02-09-2023, 10:25 AM
The fact he can release a nice statement doesn’t change the fact he was a crap Hibs manager surely?

It changes nothing, but compare the difference to Johnson's attitude to Butcher's when he was sacked.

One Day Soon
02-09-2023, 11:04 AM
It changes nothing, but compare the difference to Johnson's attitude to Butcher's when he was sacked.

Low bar. Low, low bar.

Hibbyradge
02-09-2023, 11:25 AM
Low bar. Low, low bar.

True, but he could have bragged about enjoying taking every penny of the compensation, like Butcher, or he could have just said nothing, like most sacked managers.

Instead, he penned a gracious and positive note and wished us well.

Basildon Hibs
02-09-2023, 01:52 PM
Cringe

👍👍

jeffers
02-09-2023, 02:31 PM
Copy and paste, then change a few details from his Sunderland days. Nice guy my erse. Hope his next sh*t is a hedgehog.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2023, 02:36 PM
Copy and paste, then change a few details from his Sunderland days. Nice guy my erse. Hope his next sh*t is a hedgehog.
:faf: :agree:

Iain G
02-09-2023, 02:49 PM

Have you met him yet? 🤣

jeffers
02-09-2023, 02:52 PM
Have you met him yet? 🤣

Hoping to catch up next Saturday at SDG’s testimonial :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
02-09-2023, 03:28 PM

It wasn't a letter from the head of the UN appealing to save a country, I thought it was cringe worthy.
It's my opinion, it's allowed.

Since452
02-09-2023, 04:28 PM
It's a shame some of our fans can't show the same class as Lee Johnson

The Modfather
02-09-2023, 04:47 PM
Not a lot to criticise in the statement, a good PR piece. It’s not quite an altruistic statement, lots of self preservation and self promotion in there too. In conclusion, meh, and best of luck Lee.

Wakeyhibee
02-09-2023, 05:33 PM
Didn't have to do that and the fact did shows well. Good luck LJ

Stubbsy90+2
02-09-2023, 05:42 PM

I genuinely don’t remember butchers attitude when he got sacked. What did he do?

stoneyburn hibs
02-09-2023, 06:19 PM

You are the child at the back of the class telling the teacher on others, trying to curry favour.
Your posts have no substance, much like the quoted post, it's all about wanting to look good, as per Johnson, cringe.

7Hero
02-09-2023, 07:56 PM
A pr move by johnson, just like everything else he has done to date. All perfectly scripted to make sure he comes over in a positive light.

Its no wonder he has had the games he has had in management and convinced owners to give him jobs, considering his piss poor record..

He's more than capable of selling himself and that is all that is.

I pity the next team that employs him.

from a footballing point of view, he's not got a clue..

pacorosssco
02-09-2023, 08:54 PM

Agree just more salesman stuff from him

Lancs Harp
02-09-2023, 08:59 PM
Agree just more salesman stuff from him

Maybe but it would have kicked off big time on here if he had soundest off. Wasnt his biggest fan but his statement is fair to me.

pacorosssco
02-09-2023, 09:07 PM
Maybe but it would have kicked off big time on here if he had soundest off. Wasnt his biggest fan but his statement is fair to me.

I don't think statement unfair more not worth much attention and I think is more about him to .if he had kicked off he would be ignored like If Terry butcher said similar positive things he would have also. Not worth a fuss really . I just don't think it means he's a great guy for it. Let's just all move on

ShinyFantastic
02-09-2023, 09:15 PM
When you go will you send back, a letter from Lee Johnson…

HerbDailly
02-09-2023, 11:31 PM
I don't know, you'd be forgiven for thinking he hadn't put a foot wrong, that he was a victim of no more than circumstance and bad luck.

Transition period, congested fixture list, fine margins, but never Lee Johnson.

LongJohnBanger
03-09-2023, 08:10 AM
Reads like "me and yer maw still love you but we've had to go our separate ways"

Mick O'Rourke
03-09-2023, 08:24 AM

Indeed
Whilst it wasn't quite in the class of a letter from Samuel Johnson :greengrin
It did have a touch of Deacon Blue and Aretha Franklin, though :cb

This thread does sum up our support, this board,comments and opinions.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”

― John Lydgate

Poet and Hibs supporter !:greengrin

ZitellZeTime
03-09-2023, 10:35 AM
Reads like "me and yer maw still love you but we've had to go our separate ways"

Sometimes I wish this forum had upvote/downvote or thumbs up etc for the comments. I've done my back in and the way I laughed reading that made it spasm a little bit. Would be an angry upvote.

The Baldmans Comb
03-09-2023, 12:45 PM
2,000 Hibs fans gave their honest heartfelt opinion of Johnson a few days ago.

What a feeling, oh what a night.
Watching Hibees on a Thursday night.
Sacking Johnson because "he isnae very good".

Just like Heckingbottom he looked down on Scottish football from his arrogant lofty nest and thought it was beneath him as shown with his contempt for the league cup and disparaging comments about pitches, refs and disciplinary systems as it wasn't like that in Engerlund.

Johnson cares about Johnson and his statement is all about his CV and the next bunch of dafties he can convince in his 7 hour interviews.

03-09-2023, 04:57 PM

Just like Heckingbottom he looked down on Scottish football from his arrogant lofty nest and thought it was beneath him as shown with his contempt for the league cup and disparaging comments about pitches, refs and disciplinary systems as it wasn't like that in Engerlund.

Johnson cares about Johnson and his statement is all about his CV and the next bunch of dafties he can convince in his 7 hour interviews.

10/10 👍🏻

mixumatosis
03-09-2023, 08:13 PM

Just to be clear, the Paul Heckingbottom that you're claiming didn't understand how complex and difficult Scottish football is, that's the same Paul Heckingbottom that got the blades promoted from one of the most competitive leagues in the world and is now managing in the EPL, yeah ?

We got pumped 8-0 by an upper mid-tier side from the league he's managing in now.

Jones28
03-09-2023, 08:34 PM

Imagine reading that message and drawing this conclusion. Looked down on Scottish football from the lofty heights of Sunderland, Oldham and Bristol.

He looks down on it so much he played in Scotland, a country his granny is from.

He’s really gotten under your skin eh?

cammy1969
03-09-2023, 09:58 PM
The guy lost his job because in the end he wasn’t good enough, but I’m sure he tried his best. He came outand said his peace and I wish him all the best in the future. Yet still some fans want to keep putting the boot in death me am glad I don’t have to be in your life’s. So called hibs class ha ha if only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk