PDA

View Full Version : Players who need to move on

21sMay
31-08-2023, 09:24 PM
Definitely a few players at the club who need to move on . If possible over the next 24 hours I'd like to see us move on

Tavares
Campbell
Doidge.

Maybe a tad harsh on doidge and Campbell but tbh if we want to finish 3rd on a regular basis we need better .

I'd also like to add in Lewis Stevenson but let's be honest , we've failed to fill that gap for about 4 seasons now

stokesmessiah
31-08-2023, 09:30 PM
Been done to death on all the other threads..really worth starting a new one so you can tell the world who you don’t like.?

21sMay
31-08-2023, 09:33 PM
Been done to death on all the other threads..really worth starting a new one so you can tell the world who you don’t like.?

It's not a case of who I don't like . Just a case of who I'd like to move on before tomorrows deadline, if we want to.improve as a club and move forward we need to move on players that just aren't good enough anymore . If it's on another thread I apologize and will happily have it merged or deleted from admins

Northernhibee
31-08-2023, 09:34 PM
Who do we play in place of Campbell and Doidge when we need to rotate this season?

21sMay
31-08-2023, 09:39 PM
Who do we play in place of Campbell and Doidge when we need to rotate this season?

Doidge is much more difficult to replace yes but instead of Campbell , you could play many players. Delfierre, rudi or McAllister . He really doesn't offer much

Onceinawhile
31-08-2023, 09:40 PM
Marshall.

21sMay
31-08-2023, 09:42 PM
Marshall.

Yep I missed out the most obvious

gegs70
31-08-2023, 09:42 PM
I do feel a lot of the central areas have not been improved for some time.

Forza Fred
31-08-2023, 09:43 PM
Just what we need.

Another negative thread

Northernhibee
31-08-2023, 09:48 PM
Doidge is much more difficult to replace yes but instead of Campbell , you could play many players. Delfierre, rudi or McAllister . He really doesn't offer much

He offers goals, late runs into the box, and has a great engine on him. If the new manager wants pressing in midfield and runners from midfield we’d be missing him.

21sMay
31-08-2023, 09:50 PM
Just what we need.

Another negative thread

Well we can all just bury our heads in the sand , it's hardly a negative thread . More of a thread of improvement , every side can be improved and I believe it's not difficult to see where our improvement requirements are needed

21sMay
31-08-2023, 09:51 PM
He offers goals, late runs into the box, and has a great engine on him. If the new manager wants pressing in midfield and runners from midfield we’d be missing him.

It's difficult to argue he doesn't get goals but the reality is he's a poor footballer overall and we require better in my opinion . As I say , this is my opinion

supermcginn
31-08-2023, 09:54 PM

He wouldn't get a game in any other team in the league. Watching him trying to control the ball and make simple passes is painful to watch.

21sMay
31-08-2023, 09:56 PM
He wouldn't get a game in any other team in the league. Watching him trying to control the ball and make simple passes is painful to watch.

Totally agree , the job of a midfield player is to contribute to everything during a game , his odd goal here and there isn't enough . He's slow to track back , his first touch is awful and his ability to dictate a game doesn't exist

HoboHarry
31-08-2023, 09:58 PM
Well we can all just bury our heads in the sand , it's hardly a negative thread . More of a thread of improvement , every side can be improved and I believe it's not difficult to see where our improvement requirements are needed

No one is burying their heads, we've all read this same relentless s***e about Hibs and players dozens of times and it's as boring as ****.

21sMay
31-08-2023, 09:58 PM
No one is burying their heads, we've all read this same relentless s***e about Hibs and players dozens of times and it's as boring as ****.

Don't reply then , stick to the threads you actually have an interest in. Not rocket science

KWJ
31-08-2023, 10:01 PM
Only obvious one for me is Henderson. A move would suit both parties.

Sadly, Marshall needs to retire :dunno:

HoboHarry
Don't reply then , stick to the threads you actually have an interest in. Not rocket science

I'll reply to whatever I like. Thanks for your input though.

hibeemikey21
Campbell is precisely the sort of player we would let go to, say, Motherwell, and he would tear us a new one every time we played them.

Daily Hibs
31-08-2023, 10:03 PM
All of them minus Boyle Newell Youhan and Vente.

All of the coaching staff too.

Vault Boy
31-08-2023, 10:07 PM
All of them minus Boyle Youhan and Vente.

Seems very reasonable and normal

21sMay
31-08-2023, 10:08 PM
I'll reply to whatever I like. Thanks for your input though.

You are welcome

ElginHibbie
31-08-2023, 10:09 PM

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/ewan-henderson-joins-k-v-oostende-on-loan

1875godsgift
31-08-2023, 10:18 PM
All of them minus Boyle Youhan and Vente.

:agree:

And the groundsmen, the dinner ladies, the cleaners (don't get me started...)

The announcer, he can get to ****, all the ticket office staff, the guy who polishes the floodlights (bloody wage thief)

Ball boys, ball girls, ball inflators and ball manipulators - show them the door man, waste of space :grr:

Office staff, maintenance crew, the SWAT seagull control team (what a joke btw) - get them up against a wall.

I tell you what it is, it's accepting mediocrity, that's what it is, and if you're happy with that then I'm not.

Stanton Spence
31-08-2023, 10:19 PM

That’s the cold hard truth DH

easty
31-08-2023, 10:42 PM
Campbell is precisely the sort of player we would let go to, say, Motherwell, and he would tear us a new one every time we played them.

He wouldn’t get a game at Motherwell.

stokesmessiah
31-08-2023, 10:46 PM

You do know Henderson has gone right?

Brightside
31-08-2023, 10:50 PM

Nonsense.

Dublin07
01-09-2023, 05:11 AM

Always look on the bright side of life…do.do…do do do do do do

#2 Double Tap
01-09-2023, 05:44 AM
Doidge is a good squad player for us, works his socks off, I don’t mind him making up the numbers. Imo Campbell needs played as a false 9 in a 442, he ain’t a cam or regular cm.

Tavares, sure, move him on.

BILLYHIBS
01-09-2023, 05:49 AM
Worried for Campbell tbh seems to have regressed at an alarming rate in recent games

If he is still playing with an injury probably needs to be removed from the group and needs our support until he is fully recovered

If not he just needs removed 😀

KWJ
01-09-2023, 07:42 AM
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/ewan-henderson-joins-k-v-oostende-on-loan

Thanks, totally missed that while on holiday 👍

Brightside
01-09-2023, 07:51 AM
Worried for Campbell tbh seems to have regressed at an alarming rate in recent games

If he is still playing with an injury probably needs to be removed from the group and needs our support until he is fully recovered

Do you think Campbell was poor last night.

Nicho87
01-09-2023, 07:53 AM
If opportunities came up

I’d move on

Tavares
JDH - never fit
Doidge if we got a replacement in

Spike Mandela
01-09-2023, 07:54 AM

Goals?

Northernhibee
01-09-2023, 07:54 AM

He’s defo carrying a knock. You can see it, he’s less mobile than normal.

Springbank
01-09-2023, 07:56 AM

Yeah it's quite alarming

Can only hope his confidence has crashed and can be rebuilt by a good new manager

Slim Shady
01-09-2023, 08:14 AM
Jimmy Jeggo - Aiken
Doidge - Vente and Alf already better but I’d take Nouble
Lewis - Oscar Mac
Hanlon - got Fish Riley Rocky
Tavares
JDH

Fit in Molotnikov - twice seen him in first team action. Got something about him.

Need to start blooding in the youth.

BILLYHIBS
01-09-2023, 08:21 AM

Yip

That pass dearie me

That mid air swipe even worse

Read someone on here describing him ‘like a crisp packet blowing in the wind in our midfield ‘ probably after St Mirren

Needs a boot up the jaxie !

easty
01-09-2023, 08:24 AM

Aye, but no worse than he normally is

Bridge hibs
01-09-2023, 08:34 AM
Yip

That pass dearie me

That mid air swipe even worse

Read someone on here describing him ‘like a crisp packet blowing in the wind in our midfield ‘ probably after St Mirren

Needs a boot up the jaxie !The lad is fit as a fiddle and solidly built, you would probably break your toes kicking his jaxie as I bet his bum buns are rock solid

Wonder if anyone will make an offer for him today 😵

BILLYHIBS
01-09-2023, 08:38 AM
The lad is fit as a fiddle and solidly built, you would probably break your toes kicking his jaxie as I bet his bum buns are rock solid

Wonder if anyone will make an offer for him today 😵

I million pretty please

Bridge hibs
01-09-2023, 08:45 AM
I million pretty please

If only 😀

BILLYHIBS
01-09-2023, 08:50 AM
If only 😀

Please don’t get me wrong I like Campbell especially the goals he brings to the party but he has definitely taken a few steps back lately

Hopefully he can bounce back

Bridge hibs
01-09-2023, 09:10 AM
Please don’t get me wrong I like Campbell especially the goals he brings to the party but he has definitely taken a few steps back lately

Hopefully he can bounce backOf course mate, hopefully the new manager can get him back to form

Brightside
01-09-2023, 09:22 AM
Aye, but no worse than he normally is

Odd that he played 89 mins then eh. Even with a strapped shoulder. So he is clearly doing something that the coaching staff think is worth continuing with.

Skol
01-09-2023, 09:23 AM
Might as well start a new thread called yet to be appointed manager out.

easty
01-09-2023, 09:33 AM
Odd that he played 89 mins then eh. Even with a strapped shoulder. So he is clearly doing something that the coaching staff think is worth continuing with.

Our midfield is *****. Given the options we have, I’m no massively surprised he’s playing regularly.

I don’t think he’d be playing as regularly at many/any other SPL sides.

Musselbound
01-09-2023, 10:11 AM
We are lacking cover in a number of areas and there is unlikely to be much business done by Hibs today. So I wouldn't be in a rush to get anyone else out the door. You never know, one or two who are out of the picture might have a new lease of life under a new manager.

MrRobot
01-09-2023, 10:36 AM
Going to sound incredibly optimistic, but with a new manager coming in i’d like to see Jair stay until January. Wouldn’t be against Kenneh being recalled then too.

Players have to get a clean slate under the new manager so may aswell see if the players we already have are better than what we’ve seen by then under a manager who didn’t give them much of a chance.

h185forever
01-09-2023, 10:41 AM
How about waiting for the new manager ? Different managers can get different things out of players, albeit with a different system and/or different coaching.

I get that a lot of the players have or are underperforming but why is the big Q and it may be they all have slightly different needs.

Personally, given we are in the last day of the transfer window I’d opt for the manager, unless he knows the squad, to have time to assess them. If we need people out for now to free money up to bring others in ….make it loans only, (till the summer), unless the retained coaching staff can convince him/her otherwise.

anyway WTF do I know.

McD
01-09-2023, 10:47 AM
Doidge is a good squad player for us, works his socks off, I don’t mind him making up the numbers. Imo Campbell needs played as a false 9 in a 442, he ain’t a cam or regular cm.

Tavares, sure, move him on.

Campbell struggles with a lot of midfield skills, like passing, control, linking play, but I’ve wondered occasionally if he could make a decent fist of playing further forward. He’s 2 footed, decent in the air, brave at throwing himself into places where he could get hurt to get on the end of things, movement in the opposition box isn’t bad, decent height, and is mobile so could work as a decent foil for Vente or doidge.

Or I could be talking pish :greengrin

Donegal Hibby
01-09-2023, 10:51 AM
Campbell's form probably hasn't been great of late though he's also reportedly got a shoulder injury . He will come good again and will chip in a few goals this season. Not a player who we need to move on imo .

The Modfather
01-09-2023, 11:29 AM
Campbell's form probably hasn't been great of late though he's also reportedly got a shoulder injury . He will come good again and will chip in a few goals this season. Not a player who we need to move on imo .

We have too many players, particularly midfielders, who “will come good again” rather than being good in the here and now.

On Campbell, he scores goals, but it’s offset by long periods of the season where his performances fall off a cliff. Whatever money we can get from him we should take IMO.

One Day Soon
01-09-2023, 11:37 AM
Going to sound incredibly optimistic, but with a new manager coming in i’d like to see Jair stay until January. Wouldn’t be against Kenneh being recalled then too.

Players have to get a clean slate under the new manager so may aswell see if the players we already have are better than what we’ve seen by then under a manager who didn’t give them much of a chance.

This is absolutely right. I think Johnson's approach was so off that it's quite possible we have one or two in there ready to be dramatically improved with some confidence.

WWFTWTG
01-09-2023, 11:46 AM
Marshall past it as was seen again last night sorry to say - we could do with bringing in an experienced keeper now

#2 Double Tap
01-09-2023, 11:46 AM
Campbell struggles with a lot of midfield skills, like passing, control, linking play, but I’ve wondered occasionally if he could make a decent fist of playing further forward. He’s 2 footed, decent in the air, brave at throwing himself into places where he could get hurt to get on the end of things, movement in the opposition box isn’t bad, decent height, and is mobile so could work as a decent foil for Vente or doidge.

Or I could be talking pish :greengrin

those fools who seldom differ :P

Ronniekirk
01-09-2023, 12:24 PM
No one wants Tavares which tells its own story L J talked him up and said it was a coup is getting him hence five year contract
Shows what a slaver he was
Doidge is happy and we need a big target man in squad so he is going nowhere
Am not bothered about squad fillers at this stage
If we can’t bring in plsyets thst will improve us let’s not bother

MrRobot
01-09-2023, 12:28 PM
No one wants Tavares which tells its own story L J talked him up and said it was a coup is getting him hence five year contract
Shows what a slaver he was
Doidge is happy and we need a big target man in squad so he is going nowhere
Am not bothered about squad fillers at this stage
If we can’t bring in plsyets thst will improve us let’s not bother

Maybe teams have come in for Tavares and he has said no?