PDA

View Full Version : David Marshall

lugz
31-08-2023, 08:23 PM
If this clown is continued to be picked going forward I think its on us fans to let the management/club know it's not good enough.
Managers get sacked for not being good enough, time for him to be dropped and never seen again.

hibee1875
31-08-2023, 08:24 PM
Only negative tonight

Diclonius
31-08-2023, 08:24 PM
This can't keep happening. Three mistakes tonight. Boruc needs played until Wollacott is fit.

Berwickhibby
31-08-2023, 08:25 PM
Marshall has let himself and the club down …again

supermcginn
31-08-2023, 08:25 PM
Makes Zibi look like a prime Peter Schemeichel.

HendoDelivered
31-08-2023, 08:26 PM
Do a Ben Foster please and just hang the gloves up after this game

HoboHarry
So he's not the safe hands he used to be but starting the thread with abusive name calling? Bravo.

yonder1875
It needs to change ffs. There’ll be serious questions if he’s starting on Sunday.

HoboHarry
No he doesn't.

Vault Boy
31-08-2023, 08:27 PM
I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s been discouraged from retiring because of how short we are in the position. But he needs to, it’s sad. He’s had such a great career.

supermcginn
31-08-2023, 08:28 PM
No he doesn't.

He does. He's absolutely shocking. A laughing stock actually.

Diclonius
31-08-2023, 08:29 PM
Honestly think I've seen Marshall make more mistakes than Zibi, Brown and Ma-Kalambay combined.

SeanWilson
31-08-2023, 08:29 PM
I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s been discouraged from retiring because of how short we are in the position. But he needs to, it’s sad. He’s had such a great career.

That’s the only thing I can’t think too.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-08-2023, 08:32 PM

settle pettle

Onceinawhile
31-08-2023, 08:33 PM
Put Johnson in net on Sunday.

Don't want to see Marshall in goal ever again.

Hibby Bairn
31-08-2023, 08:33 PM
It needs to change ffs. There’ll be serious questions if he’s starting on Sunday.

What kind of serious question?

yonder1875
31-08-2023, 08:36 PM
What kind of serious question?

It was a figure of speech. He costs us goals on a weekly basis, enough is enough.

He’ll know himself that he’s finished.

GreenNWhiteArmy
31-08-2023, 08:37 PM
Unnecessary name calling. Loved him for Scotland and played a huge part in us making our 1st major tourname in 20 odd years

Unfortunately he's past it. Probably best if he would just retire. But needs benched at weekend

ScottB
31-08-2023, 08:38 PM
Eventually he needs saved from himself. I can’t imagine Boruc would be worse, or bring Johnson back from his loan. I’d have some sympathy for a young guy finding his feet that Marshall just doesn’t get.

GreenNWhiteArmy
31-08-2023, 08:38 PM
Is Murray Johnson still with us or gone back on loan? Sure I saw his name on teamsheet pre match

hibee1875
31-08-2023, 08:42 PM
Is Murray Johnson still with us or gone back on loan? Sure I saw his name on teamsheet pre match

He’s there tonight and was out warming up the keepers before livi at the weekend. Not sure if he’s went back to QoTS.

Strange boruc is the one used from the bench if so though

BobMilne
31-08-2023, 08:48 PM
He’s let his team mates down and the amazing away support the night. I’ve given him plenty of leeway for the penalty save for Scotland but **** this!!!!

Onceinawhile
31-08-2023, 08:49 PM
Johnson is on the bench as you need two keepers on the bench in Europe.

Glory Lurker
31-08-2023, 08:50 PM
He’s there tonight and was out warming up the keepers before livi at the weekend. Not sure if he’s went back to QoTS.

Strange boruc is the one used from the bench if so though

He's back with us for the foreseeable.

Franck Le God
31-08-2023, 08:52 PM
Honestly think I've seen Marshall make more mistakes than Zibi, Brown and Ma-Kalambay combined.

Then you can’t have watched many games where the latter 3 played. Marshall has been at fault for all 3 tonight in my opinion but is a better keeper than any of those 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sleeping giant
31-08-2023, 08:52 PM
New manager has big decision as soon as he's in the door.

Franck Le God
31-08-2023, 08:56 PM
Another good save there tbf. He’s capable of pulling off unexpected saves but has already chucked too many goals this season to be considered 1st pick IMO

Stanton Spence
31-08-2023, 09:11 PM
Just when I thought he might be coming into a bit form or should I say just not pure ***** he has another mare and we now need a keeper along with someone very good in the midfield and a couple of full backs wouldn’t go amiss all before the morns night?? 🙈
Oh and that’s before we find a new gaffer!! What a shambles and that’s taking nothing away from the majority of the players on the park tonight but we are in soapy

Hiber-nation
31-08-2023, 09:12 PM
He should know himself and retire. The amount of goals he's chucked in this year is ridiculous.

HarpOnHibee
31-08-2023, 09:14 PM
He needs to go in my opinion. One cracking save in a literal blue moon doesn't come anywhere close to making up for his failures to get the bread and butter right in pretty much every game. We won't win many games with Marshall between the posts. But in saying that, it's not all his fault and the defence have done a poor job of protecting him.

21sMay
31-08-2023, 09:15 PM
Hate to say it but if the man has any self respect he would retire . He's had a great career but he is finished

Lago
31-08-2023, 09:16 PM
Past his sell by date

Brightside
31-08-2023, 09:16 PM
Got to hope SDG makes the call to drop him.

Carheenlea
31-08-2023, 09:17 PM
If this clown is continued to be picked going forward I think its on us fans to let the management/club know it's not good enough.
Managers get sacked for not being good enough, time for him to be dropped and never seen again.

Bang out of order calling him a clown.

Piss poor.

Since452
31-08-2023, 09:18 PM
Needs to do what the boy Foster did at Wrexham and admit he's not got it anymore and retire. Just harming the team.

He's had an excellent career but it's now time.

easty
31-08-2023, 09:19 PM
Another good save there tbf. He’s capable of pulling off unexpected saves but has already chucked too many goals this season to be considered 1st pick IMO

It doesn't even matter if he pulls off a couple of great saves, as he's completely unreliable, and has been since at least the beginning of 2023.

He's a liability. It's beyond a joke how many goals he's cost us.

It's time for him to retire, but we shouldn't be waiting for him to decide that, get him dropped.

JohnM1875
31-08-2023, 09:20 PM
I actually feel a wee bit sorry for him. He's so clearly done and we keep starting him. Decision needs taken out of his hands, he's a pro so if given the option he'll continue.

Painful to watch. There's no chance he's going out there to play as bad as that. All confidence is gone from him.

B.H.F.C
31-08-2023, 09:20 PM
Anybody who still picks him is worse than him.

gaz1875
31-08-2023, 09:21 PM

Another good save? you're making out he played well, when in actual fact he ruined a fantastic effort, especially in the first half. And not for the first time since he joined us. He needs binned not benched.

NC1875
31-08-2023, 09:22 PM
My grandads never had a drivers licence and used to walk for miles.

He can hardly walk anymore, so he doesn’t.

Take note David, hang your boots up. Thanks

easty

Piss poor.

As far as insults go, clown is pretty soft like.

gaz1875

Piss poor.

How about a poor juggler?

brianmc
31-08-2023, 09:23 PM
I hope I never see him play for us again.

I don't particularly follow nor care for International football - so I base my opinions on what I've seen him do for us.

He's ****ed us tonight, and not for the first time.
I'm sure that in his own head he's retired.

Happily working on his Degrees in Sports and his coaching badges whilst we pay him to fanny about costing us goals week in, week out 😡

New keeper required.

Hibees1973
31-08-2023, 09:24 PM
Mentally, he has gone.

Out of many of our signings, most people on here would have thought he would have been solid and a mainstay in our side for a couple of years.

However, it's been error after error and yet another who cannot be trusted.

Would like him just to hang up his gloves, admit he is way below the keeper he used to be and leave the club.

Unlikely to happen though. Will one of the many, think there are at least 7 or 8 others, who continue to pick up a wage from the club but contribute little. We have so many hangers on who either underperform, don't play or who have been loaned out but the club still continue to pay a large percentage of their wages.

Marshall is one of the many reasons why we are bottom of the league and ship loads of avoidable goals.

USA_Hibee
31-08-2023, 09:26 PM
Had a terrific career and happy for him to be in the squad but he shouldn't be our number 1 anymore.

easty
31-08-2023, 09:27 PM
Out of many of our signings, most people on here would have thought he would have been solid and a mainstay in our side for a couple of years.

:agree:

I was delighted when we signed Marshall, I genuinely thought he was exactly what we needed.

Carheenlea
31-08-2023, 09:28 PM
As far as insults go, clown is pretty soft like.

How about a poor juggler?

JohnM1875 a post or two back gets it.

Marshall’s performances are deserving of scrutiny and criticism, but personal insults to one of our own is completely unnecessary.

gaz1875
31-08-2023, 09:30 PM
JohnM1875 a post or two back gets it.

Marshall’s performances are deserving of scrutiny and criticism, but personal insults to one of our own is completely unnecessary.

He was ****in rubbish.

Springbank
31-08-2023, 09:31 PM
Would like to see Murray Johnson get a run

ChuckNor
31-08-2023, 09:32 PM
He has to be dropped. Been saying it since February. How Dabrowski wasn’t given a shot over him is beyond me. Get Boruc in on Sunday please.

Cod Boy
31-08-2023, 09:35 PM
Would like to see Murray Johnson get a run

Agree better option than Boruc imo

Franck Le God
31-08-2023, 09:35 PM

Piss poor.

Agree 100%. Can have an opinion about his footballing ability (or now lack of sadly), without resorting to childish name calling.

Franck Le God
31-08-2023, 09:37 PM
Another good save? you're making out he played well, when in actual fact he ruined a fantastic effort, especially in the first half. And not for the first time since he joined us. He needs binned not benched.

Not sure how highlighting him making a 2nd good save in a match where he’s cost us 3 goals suggests he’s played well…

badabing67
31-08-2023, 09:57 PM
Does the goal keeper coach have any say on the team selection for match day

KWJ
31-08-2023, 10:05 PM
I understand that experience seems like the way to go at the moment but I agree with the thread, he needs to hang up the gloves as he's damaging his reputation with every other game. Even some of the wonder saves he's made this season have ended up with the rebounds being tapped in and that was a Fish header away from happening tonight too.

Franck Le God
31-08-2023, 10:09 PM
Does the goal keeper coach have any say on the team selection for match day

I wouldn’t have thought so. They’ll have input in terms of who’s trained well but starting 11 will be down to management not coaching staff.

judas
31-08-2023, 10:14 PM
Then you can’t have watched many games where the latter 3 played. Marshall has been at fault for all 3 tonight in my opinion but is a better keeper than any of those 3

I saw all 3 of them and Marshall has been every bit as bad as them.

Sorry but he’s been truly awful at Hibs. I respect his past achievements, but my primary concern is Hibs and he needs to be dropped.

sadtom
31-08-2023, 10:21 PM
I feel for the guy. But he must know himself that times up. His reactions are slow (down like a sack of spuds for the second, and through his legs for the third. I think even 5 years ago he’d have done better with both.) which is understandable as it’s the obvious thing to go with age.
What is more concerning is that a player of his experience should not have came out for the first. No excuse for that.
It also appears that his timing with the basics has gone. Looks like he’s made of rubber. The free kick that he spilled was dreadful. Could have thrown his cap on it and stopped it.
Sorry David but time to call time on what has been an excellent career.

If it is Lennon that return to the hot seat I hope he still has Marciano’s number.
2 Rocky’s in the team!! At least we’d be up for a scrap! :take that:take that

500miles
31-08-2023, 10:21 PM
Marshall really cost us tonight. Wouldn't have risked a young player in a game against villa though - a pumping was likely and I would like to think we sought to protect him in a game we were never going to overturn the deficit.

Boruc back for the league games though.

Not In The Know
31-08-2023, 10:23 PM
He WAS a decent keeper. Above average and had a great career. But think Gordon’s renaissance over the road may have given him a false hope for playing on. Cost us 2 of the 3 goals today. Plus numerous clangers last season. He’s not a clown just too old.

Franck Le God
31-08-2023, 10:27 PM
I saw all 3 of them and Marshall has been every bit as bad as them.

Sorry but he’s been truly awful at Hibs. I respect his past achievements, but my primary concern is Hibs and he needs to be dropped.

He’s a better keeper than the 3 you’ve mentioned. Don’t think that’s up for debate.

Totally agree he’s no longer good enough for Hibs though. Backup maybe, but definitely not our 1st choice keeper.

Forever a Scotland legend mind you for that night in Belgrade.

Ryan91
31-08-2023, 10:42 PM
Unnecessary name calling. Loved him for Scotland and played a huge part in us making our 1st major tourname in 20 odd years

Unfortunately he's past it. Probably best if he would just retire. But needs benched at weekend

It's kinda sad seeing him like this. Was brilliant for the first 6 months here, but he's gone downhill since

Hibbyradge
31-08-2023, 10:54 PM
He was totally at fault for the first goal. Why he was out at the corner of his box, only he will know, if even he does.

The third was a hard shot but a more competent, confident keeper would have held it.

The second? Bailey stepped inside and hit it so quickly and with hardly any back lift that I'm prepared to absolve him from blame for that one although I can see why people might disagree.

It's a real shame, but I think it's time for him to be dropped. Whether that's for ever or not, I don't know.

If he can regain confidence and form, great, but I don't know how he goes about doing that.

Criswell
31-08-2023, 11:11 PM
Enough is enough. There is no room for sentimentality in professional football. Forget what he has achieved in the past; at present he's a total liability.

ManlyOz
31-08-2023, 11:20 PM
The most disappointing Hibs singing in a long time, thought was a cracking singing when we got him. Has to retire

Spike Mandela
31-08-2023, 11:26 PM
He’s making a lot of mistakes now. Is it something he can fix? Is it a lack of concentration or is it just his speed of thought and agility have slowed down? If he is to retain the no.1 jersey he needs to get his mojo back pronto.

Personally I wish we had persevered with Matt Macey. I thought he looked alright.

JammyDoidger
01-09-2023, 12:07 AM
Talking about goalies I can't believe Liam Kelly is still at Motherwell, wonder how much they'd want for him.

Thegreenside
01-09-2023, 12:09 AM
Give MJ a chance, cannot be any worse and by all accounts the laddie has talent

BILLYHIBS
01-09-2023, 06:00 AM
The most disappointing Hibs singing in a long time, thought was a cracking singing when we got him. Has to retire

I thought the Hibs fans were great last night

Out sung the home support for 90 minutes

Fuzzywuzzy
01-09-2023, 06:01 AM
He's only signed to the end of this season? Probably cost too much to cut loose

ManlyOz
01-09-2023, 06:34 AM
I thought the Hibs fans were great last night

Out sung the home support for 90 minutes

🤣🤣 🎶 To many 🍻

The Captain....
01-09-2023, 06:51 AM
He's had some great performances and been a solid keeper over the years but he must know himself it's time to retire now.

I was delighted when we signed him as I thought he'd be a reliable and calming presence but the polar opposite has happened. Any shot on target has me (and him by the looks of it) a bag of nerves.

You simply can't continue with him as he costs us cheap goals nearly everytime he plays.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

He's here!
01-09-2023, 06:58 AM

Way off the mark. Zibi and Ma-Kalamby weren't proper keepers IMO in that they hadn't actually mastered some of the basics. You were nervous every time the ball came near them. Brown was just a poor keeper overall.

Marshall's a top pro. I'm surprised by how many mistakes he's making as despite his age I don't think his decline should have been so rapid. He's been badly exposed by his defence this season tho and I think that overall his confidence is just low.

Victor
01-09-2023, 07:05 AM
We’re in a difficult position, with the injury to Wollacott, Marshall has to be first choice. If Boruc was in goals last night and had made mistakes the sort of criticism on this thread could be destructive to a young GK. Last night was a nothing game, so playing Marshall was the right choice. SDG has a difficult choice on Sunday, potentially throw Boruc to the wolves or go with experience, despite how shaky it may be.

overdrive
01-09-2023, 08:47 AM
He was totally at fault for the first goal. Why he was out at the corner of his box, only he will know, if even he does.

The third was a hard shot but a more competent, confident keeper would have held it.

The second? Bailey stepped inside and hit it so quickly and with hardly any back lift that I'm prepared to absolve him from blame for that one although I can see why people might disagree.

It's a real shame, but I think it's time for him to be dropped. Whether that's for ever or not, I don't know.

If he can regain confidence and form, great, but I don't know how he goes about doing that.

For the first one, some people might also blame Rocky in addition to Marshall. I did at first and still do but not as much as I first thought.. Looking at it again, I think Marshall coming storming out like that potentially put a seed of doubt in Rocky's head, i.e. "the keeper's coming for it, I'll leave it". Rocky is in the wrong for thinking that but I have a feeling that goal wouldn't have been scored had Marshall not come running out like that. Either Rocky makes up ground and makes a recovery or Marshall has a much better chance of saving it or making the shot a lot more difficult.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2023, 08:50 AM
All 3 goals were saveable. The first and and third goals were particularly bad from Marshall. He shouldn’t be playing on Sunday put it that way.

easty
01-09-2023, 08:53 AM
For the first one, some people might also blame Rocky in addition to Marshall. I did at first and still do but not as much as I first thought.. Looking at it again, I think Marshall coming storming out like that potentially put a seed of doubt in Rocky's head, i.e. "the keeper's coming for it, I'll leave it". Rocky is in the wrong for thinking that but I have a feeling that goal wouldn't have been scored had Marshall not come running out like that. Either Rocky makes up ground and makes a recovery or Marshall has a much better chance of saving it or making the shot a lot more difficult.

The first goal, when you see the angle from behind the goals, you can see Lewis throw his arms out as if to say “what are you doing?”.

Marshall had no need or reason to be over there. If he stays in his goal, the striker has to beat Rocky and Hanlon then come in from a wide angle and beat the keeper.

Stokesy's on fire
01-09-2023, 08:54 AM
So heres how its going now. Marshall has had some problems ane he hasnt been at his best. A large section of the support only take note of Marshalls errors but theres not much praise when he pulls off really good and big saves. Blaming Marshall for last night is as lazy as it gets its the laziest form of finger pointing going. Marshall played ok last night please just take a look at Villas playing staff and accept that they are better rather than looking to blame Marshall at any given oppertunity. Also work on that finger pointing try and come up with something better rather than the lazy blame Marshall approach.

Mantis Toboggan
01-09-2023, 09:01 AM
So heres how its going now. Marshall has had some problems ane he hasnt been at his best. A large section of the support only take note of Marshalls errors but theres not much praise when he pulls off really good and big saves. Blaming Marshall for last night is as lazy as it gets its the laziest form of finger pointing going. Marshall played ok last night please just take a look at Villas playing staff and accept that they are better rather than looking to blame Marshall at any given oppertunity. Also work on that finger pointing try and come up with something better rather than the lazy blame Marshall approach.

Come on,he chucked two in last night, anyone can see that, and that it's becoming a pattern

easty
01-09-2023, 09:02 AM

Blaming Marshall for last night isn’t lazy at all. It’s backed by fact. We were always up against it, they’re a much better team than us, regardless of players being rested.

We’d started the game pretty well. Marshall’s rush of blood to the head cost us the first goal. The first goals the most important.

His utter ***** goalkeeping cost us the third. There was nothing difficult about that.

Hibbyradge
01-09-2023, 09:02 AM

Duran is quicker than Rocky, but he's has Duran out wide. There's no possibility he can score from there if Marshall doesn't come out like that.

matty_f
01-09-2023, 09:04 AM
Duran is quicker than Rocky, but he's has Duran out wide. There's no possibility he can score from there if Marshall doesn't come out like that.

I think Hanlon’s also supporting Rocky. Marshall’s rush of blood to the head gives the striker a tap-in really from a position he shouldn’t be scoring from.

Hibbyradge
01-09-2023, 09:05 AM

Ok. Let's ignore the 3 mistakes for the goals and I agree, he had a decent game. One particularly incredible save.

We lost 3-0.

Jones28
01-09-2023, 09:05 AM

Marshall got plenty of praise for some of his saves last night - deservedly so - but is rightly being critiqued for the 3 goals last night. I think the 2nd is the least concerning, but the judgement for the 1st and attempt to save the 3rd were both dreadful, and they're becoming more frequent.

Boruc in on Sunday for me.

Stokesy's on fire
01-09-2023, 09:06 AM
Come on,he chucked two in last night, anyone can see that, and that it's becoming a pattern

Hardly chucked in two the players ahead of him were all over the place.

Stokesy's on fire
01-09-2023, 09:06 AM
Ok. Let's ignore the 3 mistakes for the goals and I agree, he had a decent game. One particularly incredible save.

We lost 3-0.

We= Team not all on Marshall.

Hibbyradge
01-09-2023, 09:10 AM
We= Team not all on Marshall.

What?

Who was unnecessarily at the corner of his box for the first?

Who went down slower than a week in jail for the second? If I'm generous, I'll say that the shot was very powerful and surprised him.

Who dropped the ball for the third?

easty
01-09-2023, 09:11 AM

No, for the first goal the players were all where they’re meant to be. Except Marshall.

Which players, other than Marshall, do you think are to blame for the third goal?

I’m no going to slate him for the second goal, I do think he should do better, but that kind of thing happens to all keepers.

Hibbyradge
01-09-2023, 09:15 AM

Mate, it takes a lot for me to criticise anyone associated with Hibs, but there's never been a clearer example of one individual being at fault.

One mistake can be explained away, but last night there were definitely 2 and possibly 3, all leading to goals.

I want him to be brilliant. I want him to be the Marshall who did so well for Scotland, but for whatever reason, his standards have collapsed.

He needs a rest. At least.

Edinburgh Green
01-09-2023, 09:16 AM

Rocky and Hanlon were fine where they were. Marshall totally cost the goal.

He's lucky he never gifted another goal late on where he rushed out to the attacker who squared it to his teammate who would of rolled it into a completely empty net until someone cant mind who put in a last ditch challenge.

Hibbyradge
01-09-2023, 09:17 AM
Rocky and Hanlon were fine where they were. Marshall totally cost the goal.

He's lucky he never gifted another goal late on where he rushed out to the attacker who squared it to his teammate who would of rolled it into a completely empty net until someone cant mind who put in a last ditch challenge.

Rocky, if it's the same incident.

Pretty Boy
01-09-2023, 09:23 AM
I thought Marshall would be our Gordon or McGreggor. A guy at the end of his career but still capable and reliable

Sadly it's not worked out like that. I can't even really get angry about him now, he's clearly gone mentally and has no confidence at all and it's spreading throughout the defence, it's quite sad to watch really. Gray need to be brave and drop him.

BILLYHIBS
01-09-2023, 09:27 AM
Rocky, if it's the same incident.

Rocky on McGinn

Great block

SJM was already planning his celebration or not

Stokesy's on fire
01-09-2023, 09:27 AM
What?

Who went down slower than a week in jail for the second? If I'm generous, I'll say that the shot was very powerful and surprised him.

The first goal Duran runs inbetween two hibs defenders they do absolutely nothing.

Villa 2 hibs 0 is a quality finish. Obita didnt do much to make to make life hard for Baily but it was a fine goal regardless

Goal 3 its awkward hit with pace but yes this one Marshall might want to forget.

Brightside
01-09-2023, 09:29 AM
The first goal Duran runs inbetween two hibs defenders they do absolutely nothing.

Villa 2 hibs 0 is a quality finish. Obita didnt do much to make to make life hard for Baily but it was a fine goal regardless

Goal 3 its awkward hit with pace but yes this one Marshall might want to forget.

That is some take Mrs Marshall.

easty
01-09-2023, 09:30 AM

You’re at it.

You’re saying we shouldn’t blame one player, but you’re trying to blame the defenders here for the first goal.

What is it that you think the defenders should do differently for that first goal? Other than just…be quicker than the quick forward?

Stokesy's on fire
01-09-2023, 09:35 AM

Not bad at all ill give you that one Mr Brightside.

SlickShoes
01-09-2023, 09:36 AM

The first goal is at the corner of the box, if Marshall stays on his line then the shot would have to be world class to go in, he comes out and it’s completely not necessary, could understand it if he was coming straight down the middle but he’s been forced wider by the 2 defenders.

Hibbyradge
01-09-2023, 09:36 AM

Why was Marshall at the corner of his box?

Jones28
01-09-2023, 10:20 AM

Come on man, the first was bonkers and if Marshall stays in his goal he could pick that shot up with one hand. The defenders get cut open by a great pass and pace but IMO they recover reasonably well and keep the angle tight which should have meant an easy save.

The second was the least egregious of the three, but still should have been savable.

The third was just...dearie me. Dreadful.

Nicho87
01-09-2023, 10:22 AM
Quite simple

Times up

Oscar T Grouch
01-09-2023, 10:41 AM
Was reading a lot of stuff on social media last night mostly about the Hibs support but the only Hibs player I saw mentioned by Villa fans was Marshall, unfortunately it was all along the lines of "Their goalie is terrible!". It is really sad to see DM play so badly for Hibs, like many I hoped he would be our Craig Gordon but he just keeps making expensive mistakes. I would prefer to see a young keeper make those mistakers and learn from them and become better, than to see DM play on and cost us goals, gaining nothing from it. He is not going to get better, he is at the end of his career and should think about hanging up the gloves.

gbhibby
01-09-2023, 10:46 AM
Why was Marshall at the corner of his box?
????? If you come out that far you make sure you get the ball any goalkeeping coach will tell you that. As for the third goal dearie me what was he trying to do???

NAE NOOKIE
01-09-2023, 12:22 PM
Was reading a lot of stuff on social media last night mostly about the Hibs support but the only Hibs player I saw mentioned by Villa fans was Marshall, unfortunately it was all along the lines of "Their goalie is terrible!". It is really sad to see DM play so badly for Hibs, like many I hoped he would be our Craig Gordon but he just keeps making expensive mistakes. I would prefer to see a young keeper make those mistakers and learn from them and become better, than to see DM play on and cost us goals, gaining nothing from it. He is not going to get better, he is at the end of his career and should think about hanging up the gloves.

Which is what I was going to highlight. When the other teams fans have a go at your goalie you know there's a problem. Marshall has been on a downward spiral for some time and last night was simply an extension of that. Its an absolute bugger that Wollacott seems to have a longish term injury because now it looks like we might need to sign a new keeper as well, even though we've signed two this summer already.

The confidence of your defence starts with the keeper and if the guys in front of him lack trust in him to come for the ball, which Marshall seems particularly bad at these days, then you have a problem.

Time for a change without a doubt.

Unseen work
01-09-2023, 12:43 PM
He is only playing due to his name/past experiences.

This season alone he has already been at fault for numerous goals.

If it was Wollacott or some other keeper that’s made them they would be dropped.

For the good of the team someone else needs to play in goals, look at United last season when you’ve got a poor keeper

MWHIBBIES
01-09-2023, 01:08 PM
Should be starting Johnson every week. Don't care about his age. Only way he'll reach his potential is to play.

Since452
01-09-2023, 01:08 PM
Right now nobody could be worse than Marshall so doesn't matter if they're young and inexperienced.

neil7908
01-09-2023, 01:10 PM
Marshall must honestly have cost us 5-6 goals already this season.

We simply cannot keep him and hope pick up points on a regular basis.

Phil MaGlass
01-09-2023, 08:43 PM
Time Marshal focussed 100% on training future keepers, been a great keeper time to retire and train the next generation.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2023, 09:03 PM
What?

:agree: I thought we won a watch when he signed, but apart from a brief spell when he first signed, he's been as bad if not worse than any keeper we like to name.

He is like us playing with a man short now, he cant play again for us.:rolleyes:

wookie70
01-09-2023, 09:13 PM
He looks unhappy to me. He is experienced enough to know that the mistakes are racking up and all that will do is add pressure and make things worse. Gray has to take him out for the good of the team and Marshall

Waxy
01-09-2023, 10:56 PM
As bad as he’s been he’s still not as bad as that Perriera they had over the road a few years ago

JohnM1875
01-09-2023, 10:58 PM
As bad as he’s been he’s still not as bad as that Perriera they had over the road a few years ago

https://media.tenor.com/Jx34T4ASnpEAAAAC/partridge-i-dont-know.gif

Criswell
02-09-2023, 01:24 AM
The first thing our new manager should do is send him out on garden leave. Anywhere, please other than between the posts for Hibs.

Trinity Hibee
02-09-2023, 06:35 AM

Poppadom hands

Stubbsy90+2
02-09-2023, 06:58 AM
Genuinely think he might be the worst goalie I’ve seen at Hibs other than Simon Brown.

He’s had a great career, but to say he’s done would be an understatement. We must be creeping towards about 10-15 goals caused by his mistakes in just over a season.

Jones28
02-09-2023, 06:59 AM
The first thing our new manager should do is send him out on garden leave. Anywhere, please other than between the posts for Hibs.

Force an experienced keeper like marshall out of the team?

What a ****ing disgraceful way that would be to treat anyone.

Allant1981
02-09-2023, 07:16 AM
Force an experienced keeper like marshall out of the team?

What a ****ing disgraceful way that would be to treat anyone.

Why should he be in the team?

Moulin Yarns
02-09-2023, 07:28 AM
Casper Schmeichel is a free agent.

Stanton Spence
02-09-2023, 07:32 AM
He should have retired after last season as he was making mistakes nearly every week and I don’t understand why he was even considered to be our no1 going into this season
We are a bit unlucky that Wollacot has picked up an injury but I don’t think he was signed to be our first choice keeper

Chorley Hibee
02-09-2023, 07:49 AM
He should have retired after last season as he was making mistakes nearly every week and I don’t understand why he was even considered to be our no1 going into this season
We are a bit unlucky that Wollacot has picked up an injury but I don’t think he was signed to be our first choice keeper

We are lacking in so many positions that it can only be classed as negligence.

We're in a shameful state, and that negligence is going to destroy yet another season.

And you're right, quite how anyone thought Marshall was worthy of retaining his place this season defies belief.

flash
02-09-2023, 07:51 AM

What has he done to deserve that treatment?

Stanton Spence
02-09-2023, 07:56 AM
We are lacking in so many positions that it can only be classed as negligence.

We're in a shameful state, and that negligence is going to destroy yet another season.

And you're right, quite how anyone thought Marshall was worthy of retaining his place this season defies belief.

Negligence is the correct word CH and we can only hope that whoever gets the managers job can get a tune out of what we have
It’s baffling that we have spent a fair bit of money and actually brought in players who could be good for us like Vente Obika and Levitt managed to sign Youhan and retain Fish but we look worse than we were last season

greenlex
02-09-2023, 08:05 AM
He needs a seat on the bench for a bit for sure but with Wallacot being injured the questions to be asked is. Boruc? Is he ready to step up?

Allant1981
02-09-2023, 09:02 AM
What has he done to deserve that treatment?

He is done, why keep players in the team through sentiment. He is literally costing us games now

Pretty Boy
02-09-2023, 09:33 AM
He is done, why keep players in the team through sentiment. He is literally costing us games now

I don't think many disagree with that but surely dropping him is sufficient? The suggestion he be put on gardening leave is way OTT.

He's not playing well and hasn't for some time but he's done nothing to deserve being told to stay away from the club altogether. Worth bearing in mind that for all his on field struggles he's heavily involved with the Community Foundation and seems a pretty decent guy. Ostracising him would be a terrible look for us.

Allant1981
02-09-2023, 09:42 AM
I don't think many disagree with that but surely dropping him is sufficient? The suggestion he be put on gardening leave is way OTT.

He's not playing well and hasn't for some time but he's done nothing to deserve being told to stay away from the club altogether. Worth bearing in mind that for all his on field struggles he's heavily involved with the Community Foundation and seems a pretty decent guy. Ostracising him would be a terrible look for us.

Yeah I wasn't meaning for him to stay away etc, I meant more dropped. For me he is done and should realise that himself, Ben Foster just done it, said that he wasn't making saves he should have and it was costing the team. Marshall is in the exact same situation

Aldo
02-09-2023, 10:16 AM

Agreed. However no one likes being dropped but surely he knows his performances have been very poor and not up to standard. We are at the point where he is costing us.

I understand being a GK is a hard one. Make a mistake and you are crucified but at the same time you are expected to make save after save etc without much praise.

Not itk but wouldn’t be surprised to see him start tomorrow. My preference would be to start Boruc or Johnson with Marshall on the bench

Paul1642
02-09-2023, 10:20 AM
Agreed. However no one likes being dropped but surely he knows his performances have been very poor and not up to standard. We are at the point where he is costing us.

I understand being a GK is a hard one. Make a mistake and you are crucified but at the same time you are expected to make save after save etc without much praise.

Not itk but wouldn’t be surprised to see him start tomorrow. My preference would be to start Boruc or Johnson with Marshall on the bench

Dropping him would be a brave decision from Gray which would in turn make things easier for the new manager not having to do it IMO.

Aldo
02-09-2023, 10:28 AM
Dropping him would be a brave decision from Gray which would in turn make things easier for the new manager not having to do it IMO.

What is the difference between dropping a keeper or outfield player after a number of poor performances? I can understand we don’t want to knock their confidence however he needs dropped for the sake of the team. Nothing brave about it for me.

DM has made basic mistakes most games this season and if you are at the position in your career where you cannot do the basics then they need a break or need to retire.

I would hope SDG has had a word with DM and I can only hope we play or strongest team on Sunday with no sentiment attached.

Jones28
02-09-2023, 12:36 PM
Why should he be in the team?

He shouldn’t be.

He also doesn’t deserve to be frozen out as the op suggests.

Allant1981
02-09-2023, 02:52 PM
He shouldn’t be.

He also doesn’t deserve to be frozen out as the op suggests.

You questioned him being forced out the team though, for me he shouldn't even be on the bench, if he is then he may have to come on and then we are in trouble again

Jones28
02-09-2023, 08:18 PM
You questioned him being forced out the team though, for me he shouldn't even be on the bench, if he is then he may have to come on and then we are in trouble again

The OP clearly stated gardening leave. The kind of thing you do to someone who you deem not to be of good enough character to be around the team, or someone who has transgressed to such an extent that they are effectively sacked. Marshall has done none of these. He made some excellent saves the other night, and I would be quite content with him being in the bench.

Paul1642
02-09-2023, 08:22 PM
What is the difference between dropping a keeper or outfield player after a number of poor performances? I can understand we don’t want to knock their confidence however he needs dropped for the sake of the team. Nothing brave about it for me.

DM has made basic mistakes most games this season and if you are at the position in your career where you cannot do the basics then they need a break or need to retire.

I would hope SDG has had a word with DM and I can only hope we play or strongest team on Sunday with no sentiment attached.

When you drop a keeper if the replacement plays well and then keeps that form it can pretty much means the end of the dropped keeper career at that club. Outfield players will always get a chance to pull it back through squad rotation or appearances as a sub. As a keeper once your dropped its outs of your hands (pun not intended).

That said i 100% believe he should be dropped and he must know himself that he can have no complaints if he is.

Now is the opportunity for one of the young guys to make a claim for #1 sport before Wollacott returns.

Crazy that this is the same man who was Scotlands number 1 at a major tournament no so very long ago.

Stokesy's on fire
03-09-2023, 05:19 PM

Proud wife today cmon!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2023, 05:24 PM
Has he ever been a chunky chicken champion? 🤔 (One for the old timers).

davym7062
03-09-2023, 05:37 PM
he was good today< no coincidence he had a solid back 4 in front of him
of

MWHIBBIES
03-09-2023, 05:40 PM
he was good today< no coincidence he had a solid back 4 in front of him
of

Come on, hes not been chucking them in because of the back 4. He's been *****. Today he wasn't. Needs more than that though.

The Harp
03-09-2023, 05:50 PM
Has he ever been a chunky chicken champion? 🤔 (One for the old timers).

Haha. If my memory is still working, I'm sure Marshall's Chunky Chicks sponsored the Gorgie mob years ago.
They had some classy advertising slogans like "I know the best birds in town" and "Come home to a beautiful bird."
Well suited to the Yams.

Keith_M
03-09-2023, 05:53 PM
He made one very good save today but it's important to keep in context that Aberdeen only had (I think) three shots on target in the whole match.

I'm not convinced today's match should be taken as a sign that he's the long term answer.

IberianHibernian
03-09-2023, 08:47 PM
He made one very good save today but it's important to keep in context that Aberdeen only had (I think) three shots on target in the whole match.

I'm not convinced today's match should be taken as a sign that he's the long term answer.Given his age I don`t think anyone would see him as the long term answer . In fact I think Wallacott was probably signed to be our number 1 . That doesn`t mean he doesn`t deserve praise for a good performance today just as he was rightly criticised after mistakes in Andorra , Birmingham etc . He had a couple of really good saves at Villa Park that seemed to be forgotten by many .

LewysGot2
03-09-2023, 08:49 PM

I'm not convinced today's match should be taken as a sign that he's the long term answer.

It was about more than just saves. He commanded the area today, some good shouts to the CBs, read things well.

B.H.F.C
03-09-2023, 08:54 PM
Marshall was really good today.

I’ve been one of his biggest critics but some of the shouts around me today were terrible. Any ball in to the box there was some halfwit shouting at him to come and get it. There is enough to criticise him for without making stuff up.

I still really wish we had got another goalie in but today was a good day for him. Hopefully he gains some confidence from it.

LewysGot2
03-09-2023, 08:56 PM
Marshall was really good today.

I’ve been one of his biggest critics but some of the shouts around me today were terrible. Any ball in to the box there was some halfwit shouting at him to come and get it. There is enough to criticise him for without making stuff up.

I still really wish we had got another goalie in but today was a good day for him. Hopefully he gains some confidence from it.

My thoughts too :agree:

marinello59
03-09-2023, 08:56 PM
It was about more than just saves. He commanded the area today, some good shouts to the CBs, read things well.

:agree: