PDA

View Full Version : Villa v Hibs

Lancs Harp
31-08-2023, 11:34 AM
So what are we expecting and what represents a good result tonight?

Im hoping and expect we'll give a much better account of ourselves tonight. Villa making lots of changes and our boys a bit stung by lasy week. Villa struggled to fill the bench at the weekend, naming a sub less than the 9 allowed in EPL with 2 keepers on the bench. I would certainly expect a more youthful Villa team.

Be nice to get at least a goal to give the travelling hoardes something to celebrate.

'Mon the Hibs.

Waxy
31-08-2023, 11:37 AM
A shot on target?

31-08-2023, 11:43 AM
Hopefully David Gray has been working hard on defending better. It's a good chance to try and make an immediate improvement in a match where there's not much at stake, other than personal pride over the aggregated scoreline. Although it likely won't be such a strong Villa team, it will still be top class players.

Jim44
31-08-2023, 11:44 AM
So what are we expecting and what represents a good result tonight?

Im hoping and expect we'll give a much better account of ourselves tonight. Villa making lots of changes and our boys a bit stung by lasy week. Villa struggled to fill the bench at the weekend, naming a sub less than the 9 allowed in EPL with 2 keepers on the bench. I would certainly expect a more youthful Villa team.

Be nice to get at least a goal to give the travelling hoardes something to celebrate.

'Mon the Hibs.

I expect another doing but holding them to 1 or 2 would be a relief. A goal for us would be very welcome.

HITSB6
31-08-2023, 11:49 AM
I doubt we (Villa) will play much of a youthful team haven't got the players to at the moment I would expect 4/5 changes something like this to line up - GK Olsen, RB Cash CB's Torres & Chambers LB Digne CM Tielmans Kamara RW Traore CAM John Mcginn LW Bailey ST Duran.

Since452
31-08-2023, 11:55 AM
2-0 Villa and i'd take it

Liberal Hibby
31-08-2023, 11:58 AM
Scoring would be nice.

Hibbyradge
31-08-2023, 12:01 PM
A shot on target?

We've already had our shot on target for this round.

Don't be greedy!

NAE NOOKIE
31-08-2023, 12:07 PM
I doubt we (Villa) will play much of a youthful team haven't got the players to at the moment I would expect 4/5 changes something like this to line up - GK Olsen, RB Cash CB's Torres & Chambers LB Digne CM Tielmans Kamara RW Traore CAM John Mcginn LW Bailey ST Duran.

Just trying to cheer folk up eh :greengrin

To be honest if we leave with 2 - 0 or 3 - 1 reverse that'll do for me, then we can forget this forgettable tie and move on to concentrating on the level we are 'supposed' to be able to compete at. It would be nice for the fans travelling if we could get a draw with a goal chucked in and I hope we can, but I'm struggling to see it.

Tell you what though, if it turns into another 5 - 0 or worse we wont forget or forgive it, when these Saudi squillionaires take us over ...... WE'LL BE BACK :na na:

GreenArmy1875
31-08-2023, 12:11 PM
Ben Kensell leaked team news yet?

DH1875
31-08-2023, 12:17 PM
Not really bothered about the score. Just don't want another embarrassment. Let's at least put on a decent performance.

McSwanky
31-08-2023, 12:57 PM
Doidge on from the start please, so he can help out with defending corners.

Any score better than last week is a good result IMO, whether Villa play their reserves or not.

HITSB6
31-08-2023, 01:06 PM
Just trying to cheer folk up eh :greengrin

To be honest if we leave with 2 - 0 or 3 - 1 reverse that'll do for me, then we can forget this forgettable tie and move on to concentrating on the level we are 'supposed' to be able to compete at. It would be nice for the fans travelling if we could get a draw with a goal chucked in and I hope we can, but I'm struggling to see it.

Tell you what though, if it turns into another 5 - 0 or worse we wont forget or forgive it, when these Saudi squillionaires take us over ...... WE'LL BE BACK :na na:

Haha I've watched enough sport to be a realist! Hope you all have a great time anyway and the fans in the home end don't get thrown out!

Northernhibee
31-08-2023, 01:20 PM
Just getting through it with dignity intact.

We have no hope of getting through and a chance that we might get absolutely pumped. We also don't have a manager.

A decent performance where the scoreline is respectable is fine.

Greenbeard
31-08-2023, 01:26 PM
When was the last time we went into a game having to win by 5 against a big budget team, and were we all not in dreamland at 3-0 after 22 minutes?
More please.

Jones28
31-08-2023, 01:49 PM
A goal for the guys and gals that travelled, preferably first.

Stanton Spence
31-08-2023, 01:53 PM
Don’t think I’ve ever been so despondent before a ball has been kicked before a hibs game in my life
Hopefully we just show a bit fight and keep it respectable

Tambo
31-08-2023, 02:39 PM
Don’t think I’ve ever been so despondent before a ball has been kicked before a hibs game in my life
Hopefully we just show a bit fight and keep it respectable

Yep, same here. Never been this disinterested in a game but I'll still watch.

NAE NOOKIE
31-08-2023, 02:53 PM
Yep, same here. Never been this disinterested in a game but I'll still watch.

Me as well. Will probably just watch something on the telly and then come on here to get the score. I can't shout the team on from my couch so all that's left is to potentially watch us get another humping on Villa TV or something. I love my club and in these circumstances I'd rather not watch it get a chasing to no good end. Nobody will be more pleased than me if we can keep this respectable.

In all honesty the sooner we get this game out of the way the better and barring a bit of a shock which makes it worth remembering forget it as soon as bloody possible.

Moulin Yarns
31-08-2023, 02:55 PM
Me as well. Will probably just watch something on the telly and then come on here to get the score. I can't shout the team on from my couch so all that's left is to potentially watch us get another humping on Villa TV or something. I love my club and in these circumstances I'd rather not watch it get a chasing to no good end. Nobody will be more pleased than me if we can keep this respectable.

In all honesty the sooner we get this game out of the way the better and barring a bit of a shock which makes it worth remembering forget it as soon as bloody possible.

My evening will be, listen to music on vinyl, but keep an eye on the game.

Broken Gnome
31-08-2023, 02:58 PM
I'm going to pretend I don't care then refresh the match thread 400 times.

That's the best way to experience a bad outcome.

Lancs Harp
31-08-2023, 02:59 PM
Sounds a cool evening, mine will be similiarish. Got the game on Villa TV on my tablet and I'll probably be sat with my headphones on listening to various stuff. Will be the Villa commentary of course when we're 4 or 5 up ;)

LancsHibs
31-08-2023, 02:59 PM
Nothing less than 6-0 to Hibs will do

Doh Rae Me
31-08-2023, 03:05 PM
I would love to see us score a goal.

kentao
31-08-2023, 03:12 PM
My heart says 6 - 0 Hibs but the coupon says -2 Villa at 11/10.

Hope we see a better performance from the boys but it will be a big ask if Villa are out to prove a point.

Mick O'Rourke
31-08-2023, 03:16 PM
When was the last time we went into a game having to win by 5 against a big budget team, and were we all not in dreamland at 3-0 after 22 minutes?
More please.

5 past Zoff:shocked:

Not sure of the goal times though.
22minutes ?
Bobby's goal cost me a pie and bovril
Had just bought it and walking doon the long main terracing steps when he scored that 75 yarder:cb
Cue mayhem, bunnets,beer, newspapers and pies flying through the air.

See Naples and die !!

Managed by a great man.
Bob Shankly

Lancs Harp
31-08-2023, 03:18 PM
5 past Zoff:shocked:

See Naples and die !!

:) brilliant

Mick O'Rourke
31-08-2023, 03:23 PM
:) brilliant

As Mary Hopkins once sang "

Those were the days my friend
we thought they'd never end !

Lancs Harp
31-08-2023, 03:26 PM
As Mary Hopkins once sang "

Those were the days my friend
we thought they'd never end !

There was also a version of that for England I remember very well :)

Ivan_Sproule
31-08-2023, 03:45 PM
lose by 3 or less is success.
Would love to score

Iain G
31-08-2023, 03:46 PM
Is there a game tonight?

Mick O'Rourke
31-08-2023, 03:55 PM
There was also a version of that for England I remember very well :)

Ma fave Wembley ones were aimed at mostly FA boss Ted Crocker, "stick yer wembley tickets up yer no wot", when we got "banned"
Bobby Moore, for the jewelry "robbery" prior to the 1970 WC Finals
and Ray Clemence for opening his legs wider than Christine Keeler when King Kenny done him !

And of course, Wee Jimmy Clitheroe (Alan Ball)
Comical chants ,they were.... Mostly !!
I just hope our troops at Villa tonight show that happy we dont give a chit attitude with humour and enjoy themselves !

:aok::flag:

DarlingtonHibee
31-08-2023, 03:57 PM
2-0 Villa and i'd take it

Snap

Mick O'Rourke
31-08-2023, 04:00 PM
Is there a game tonight?

Lothian and District Methodist League under 21s semi final at Inverleith 7.00 ko
You should get parked ok :aok:

Keith_M
31-08-2023, 04:03 PM
I'd like to see us set up with the type of formation that we should be using against the likes of Celtc and Rangers. An effective containment of their attacks and to hit them on the break, without over committing

This is an opportunity to prepare our players for those types of games as, apart from the final Celtc game, we were mostly overrun in last season's matches.

wookie70
31-08-2023, 06:42 PM
Young team sitting where they want as per

Iain G
31-08-2023, 06:48 PM
Lothian and District Methodist League under 21s semi final at Inverleith 7.00 ko
You should get parked ok :aok:

Missed my flight unfortunately 😁

Davy Mac
31-08-2023, 08:15 PM
i was hoping we would concede a 0-3 result type of thing and then play a friendly! :-)