PDA

View Full Version : Ben Kensell next to go please ...

Donegal Hibby
27-08-2023, 12:33 PM
Been totally unprofessional and his conducts been appalling in the way he treated the manager. Do we really want a CEO like him at our club ! Imo this is another problem that needs action on !!!

Hibbyradge
27-08-2023, 12:35 PM
Why?

JohnM1875
27-08-2023, 12:36 PM
Been totally unprofessional and his conducts been appalling in the way he treated the manager. Do we really want a CEO like him at our club ! Imo this is another problem that needs action on !!!

The way he treat the manager? Eh? Gave LJ plenty backing and support.

ehf
Just go and finesse your CV, wee man.

Brightside

In what way has he been appalling? Im not a huge fan of Ben but he's done a great job increasing the turnover of the club.

hibeerealist
27-08-2023, 12:39 PM

This from someone who desperately wanted to keep LJ in place!!!

You are either LJ in disguise or a very poor judge of manager's abilities

Svengali
27-08-2023, 12:40 PM

The way he treated the manager!!!! He could have given him his jotters in January.

LJ has had time to implement his own style and team but unfortunately he
hasn’t delivered

big gogs
27-08-2023, 12:42 PM
The way he treat the manager? Eh? Gave LJ plenty backing and support.
He might have carried out the sackings,but the word would have come from the Gordon family.he is an employee of Hibernian.

Since452
27-08-2023, 12:43 PM
Kensell doesn't fill me with confidence. Wouldn't bat an eyelid if we went today.

B.H.F.C
27-08-2023, 12:44 PM
He might have carried out the sackings,but the word would have come from the Gordon family.he is an employee of Hibernian.

He is an employee who is employed to run things. Not every decision needs to come from the owners.

USA_Hibee
27-08-2023, 12:45 PM
I think he has to get the recruitment of the next manager right or he will most likely be next.

GreenGray
27-08-2023, 12:45 PM
In what way has he been appalling? Im not a huge fan of Ben but he's done a great job increasing the turnover of the club.

Turnover doesn’t win you trophies. He may have done a decent job at that but questions have to be asked of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibbyAndy
27-08-2023, 12:46 PM
Is that 3 sacked managers on his watch ?

Donegal Hibby
27-08-2023, 12:46 PM
Why?

If he spoke to fans about the manager's situation when we had a big European game I think he's wrong and acted unprofessional Dave . It's also been said he's told folk the team news as well .

jeffers
27-08-2023, 12:47 PM
He is an employee who is employed to run things. Not every decision needs to come from the owners.

It was a board decision. After Ron sacked Ross on his own it was agreed it wouldn’t happen again.

alexedwards
27-08-2023, 12:48 PM
If he spoke to fans about the manager's situation when we had a big European game I think he's wrong and acted unprofessional Dave . It's also been said he's told folk the team news as well .
👌

Ozyhibby
27-08-2023, 12:53 PM
He should go because he’s wasted a whole summer on a manager that was never good enough and only the dim witted thought he was.

Donegal Hibby
27-08-2023, 12:54 PM
This from someone who desperately wanted to keep LJ in place!!!

You are either LJ in disguise or a very poor judge of manager's abilities

I'm not LJ 😂. I was supportive of the manager yes , I would have been the same with any other manager as well tbh . As to me being a poor judge of a manager's abilities I wasn't the one that sat thru about a 7 hour interview with LJ !

ScottB
27-08-2023, 12:56 PM
He should go because he’s wasted a whole summer on a manager that was never good enough and only the dim witted thought he was.

Summer? He should have been sacked during the World Cup break!

Hibbyradge
27-08-2023, 12:56 PM
I think he has to get the recruitment of the next manager right or he will most likely be next.

He didn't employ the last managers.

Hibbyradge
27-08-2023, 12:57 PM
Turnover doesn’t win you trophies. He may have done a decent job at that but questions have to be asked of him.

What questions?

Hibbyradge
27-08-2023, 12:57 PM
Is that 3 sacked managers on his watch ?

2 sacked by Ron Gordon and all 3 employed by him.

Hibbyradge
27-08-2023, 01:06 PM
This place is like one of those aggressive drunk guys who are furious about something and go around punching anyone who comes close to them.

Or a 5 year old bairn who's having a tantrum after being told he's not been chosen to play the wee donkey in the school nativity play. :faf:

Everyone lashing out at everyone else. It's as predictable as it is silly.

Donegal Hibby
27-08-2023, 01:13 PM
This place is like one of those aggressive drunk guys who are furious about something and go around punching anyone who comes close to them.

Or a 5 year old bairn who's having a tantrum after being told he's not been chosen to play the wee donkey in the school nativity play. :faf

Sorry mate , it's me that started it as by what folk have been saying I think kinsell hasn't exactly acted in a unprofessional manner and shouldn't have been discussing the manager's situation with fans . Felt it totally undefined the manager tbh .

HoboHarry
27-08-2023, 01:15 PM

Or a 5 year old bairn who's having a tantrum after being told he's not been chosen to play the wee donkey in the school nativity play. :faf:

:agree:

jeffers
27-08-2023, 01:16 PM

Shut it you ! :greengrin

Brightside
27-08-2023, 01:21 PM
If they are going to sack Ben K it should be for hiring LJ in the first place. A terrible appointment that’s put us back 2 years +

Hibbyradge
27-08-2023, 01:23 PM
Sorry mate , it's me that started it as by what folk have been saying I think kinsell hasn't exactly acted in a unprofessional manner and shouldn't have been discussing the manager's situation with fans . Felt it totally undefined the manager tbh .

I'm not going to get upset because the CEO tells folk the team selection a bit early, and although it's unusual to hear from the CEO that the manager has been given x number of games, it's not without precedent.

On the undeniably positive side, our income has risen significantly, meaning we can spend more on players. We also have a well respected DoF in place and we should reap the benefits of that too.

If he gets the next managerial appointment right, although it will ultimately be a board decision, then he should be judged positively.

There's a lot of noise at the moment from a lot of angry loose cannons. That will eventually settle down until it's time to do it all again with the next manager.

Hibbyradge
27-08-2023, 01:25 PM
If they are going to sack Ben K it should be for hiring LJ in the first place. A terrible appointment that’s put us back 2 years +

LJ was Ron Gordon's appointment. I clearly remember him waxing lyrical about him.

Hibbyradge
27-08-2023, 01:26 PM
Shut it you ! :greengrin

I'll get you, Butler.

(Don't tell me that's before your time...)

GreenGray
27-08-2023, 01:29 PM
What questions?

Why he thought Maloney and Johnson sensible appointment’s and why Johnson wasn’t sacked sooner etc.

He’s the CEO, ultimately when a company or business isn’t performing questions have to be asked.

Slim Shady
27-08-2023, 01:32 PM
Why he thought Maloney and Johnson sensible appointment’s and why Johnson wasn’t sacked sooner etc.

He’s the CEO, ultimately when a company or business isn’t performing questions have to be asked.

He wasn’t responsible for employing Maloney.
He was however responsible for standing up to those who did and sacking him.

GreenGray
27-08-2023, 01:35 PM
He wasn’t responsible for employing Maloney.
He was however responsible for standing up to those who did and sacking him.

It was my understanding that it was Kensell’s idea to go and get Maloney, I could be wrong with that though.

He also interviewed Johnson and decided it was a good idea to hire him.

Hibbyradge
27-08-2023, 01:38 PM
It was my understanding that it was Kensell’s idea to go and get Maloney, I could be wrong with that though.

He also interviewed Johnson and decided it was a good idea to hire him.

Ron Gordon interviewed him and was impressed by him.

WhileTheChief..
27-08-2023, 01:40 PM
For 6 hours.

Man, that must have been painful!

GreenGray
27-08-2023, 01:41 PM
Ron Gordon interviewed him and was impressed by him.

Based off Kensell’s recommendation.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/the-hibs-sales-pitch-from-gordon-and-kensell-that-left-maloney-unable-to-say-no-3501764

This article says Maloney spoke with him initially before meeting Ron.

The point I’m making is no one is blameless In this situation, we’ve just sacked our manager after heavily backing him in the summer and 3 games into the season.

I’m surprised that some people think no blame at all lies with Kensell.

Groathillgrump
27-08-2023, 01:41 PM

Donegal Hibby, the self-appointed Prefect of Lee Johnson's Praetorian Guard struggles to come to terms with his leader's downfall and lashes out at the man responsible. :wink:

Hibbyradge
27-08-2023, 01:47 PM
Based off Kensell’s recommendation.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/the-hibs-sales-pitch-from-gordon-and-kensell-that-left-maloney-unable-to-say-no-3501764

This article says Maloney spoke with him initially before meeting Ron.

The point I’m making is no one is blameless In this situation, we’ve just sacked our manager after heavily backing him in the summer and 3 games into the season.

I’m surprised that some people think no blame at all lies with Kensell.

I was talking about Johnson. I should have made that clear.

If clubs sacked CEOs every time a manager was sacked there would be no continuity at all.

Players move every 2 years on average, managers probably about the same. I certainly wouldn't be adding CEOs to that cycle.

GreenGray
27-08-2023, 01:50 PM
I was talking about Johnson. I should have made that clear.

If clubs sacked CEOs every time a manager was sacked there would be no continuity at all.

Players move every 2 years on average, managers probably about the same. I certainly wouldn't be adding CEOs to that cycle.

Ah, was it not reported Ian Gordon and Kensell not interview Johnson for 8 hours, obviously that was a group decision but he was involved.

I don’t think he should be sacked like the OP does I just think he must take some responsibility for the situation we are in.

I would hope McDermott appoints the next guy.

Hibbyradge
27-08-2023, 01:54 PM
Ah, was it not reported Ian Gordon and Kensell not interview Johnson for 8 hours, obviously that was a group decision but he was involved.

I don’t think he should be sacked like the OP does I just think he must take some responsibility for the situation we are in.

I would hope McDermott appoints the next guy.

It was definitely RG.

Here's the press conference in which Ron is effusive about the appointment.

It'll be the board that appoint the next manager, I imagine B M will be involved in drawing up the short list though.

https://youtu.be/cHORKXRaxrM?si=F8ZtenQ97lBzq-xd

He's here!
27-08-2023, 01:55 PM
If we're looking for other scapegoats the players should be shouldering some of the blame here.

Hibbyradge
27-08-2023, 02:00 PM
If we're looking for other scapegoats the players should be shouldering some of the blame here.

Has no-one criticised the fans' part in it yet?

jeffers
27-08-2023, 02:03 PM

I thought your performance was awful yesterday. Not sure what you were doing at the 3rd goal.

LewysGot2
27-08-2023, 02:03 PM

That'll be the mainstream BBC Scotland sports team who'll do that. Don't worry

Donegal Hibby
27-08-2023, 02:04 PM
Donegal Hibby, the self-appointed Prefect of Lee Johnson's Praetorian Guard struggles to come to terms with his leader's downfall and lashes out at the man responsible. :wink:

Nah , after the Livingston game I knew we needed a change tbh . It's not a lash out , I just think that when we have a manager ( any manager ) especially one that's under pressure our CEO shouldn't be spouting to fans about his situation and when he could get the chop . It should be handled better in a professional manner. It just didn't sit well with me tbh . Apologies if it's annoyed you .

The Captain....
27-08-2023, 02:17 PM
Been totally unprofessional and his conducts been appalling in the way he treated the manager. Do we really want a CEO like him at our club ! Imo this is another problem that needs action on !!!I'm no huge fan of Kensell but this is just hysterical nonsense. Some pretty big accusations there that need explaining as imo Kensell backed the manager until his position was untenable.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Hibby Gav
27-08-2023, 02:19 PM
For 6 hours.

Man, that must have been painful!

Was just the one question :wink:

jeffers
27-08-2023, 02:22 PM
Nah , after the Livingston game I knew we needed a change tbh . It's not a lash out , I just think that when we have a manager ( any manager ) especially one that's under pressure our CEO shouldn't be spouting to fans about his situation and when he could get the chop . It should be handled better in a professional manner. It just didn't sit well with me tbh . Apologies if it's annoyed you .

Tbf there were things posted about Johnson that you refused to entertain, your response was you hadn’t seen any evidence, it was agenda against him from fans who didn’t like him. Yet you are having a go at Kensell because of things you’ve read on here, but there’s no more evidence to support that viewpoint then there was regarding Johnson.

AL-Qaholik
27-08-2023, 02:24 PM
Leakier than my bladder. Get him gone.

ErinGoBraghHFC
27-08-2023, 02:26 PM
Leakier than my bladder. Get him gone.

Correct, the boys a slaver and unprofessional. Not befitting of Hibernian football club.

Torto7
27-08-2023, 02:27 PM
I want BK to stay. I've done some business with him via work and he's far more professional to work with compared to what was there before. This is all on the first team. The commercial side is thriving.

Hibbyradge
27-08-2023, 02:28 PM
I thought your performance was awful yesterday. Not sure what you were doing at the 3rd goal.

That was my TV's fault. My TV wasn't following instructions and was buffering like a lion so I went through to the kitchen for a cup of tea and just missed the goal on my return.

If the kettle hadn't boiled at 83% of it's potential, I'd have been back in the living room in plenty time.

Fine margins. I love my house.

Hibbyradge
27-08-2023, 02:30 PM
Correct, the boys a slaver and unprofessional. Not befitting of Hibernian football club.

What has he been slavering about?

Donegal Hibby
27-08-2023, 03:21 PM
Tbf there were things posted about Johnson that you refused to entertain, your response was you hadn’t seen any evidence, it was agenda against him from fans who didn’t like him. Yet you are having a go at Kensell because of things you’ve read on here, but there’s no more evidence to support that viewpoint then there was regarding Johnson.

I thought some of the stuff was harsh and OTT mate . Not having a go here though didn't see the " he throws players under bus " at all and even when someone tried to point out how he thought he did with Fish I really didn't see it tbh . He hadn't had as many issues at other clubs than ours in the past either .

There's a poster on here that last year was putting up the team before it being was officially announced , he was regularly told to take it down . I don't think Kinsell should be doing it either tbh though it doesn't bother me in fairness.

The telling fans about the manager's situation should be kept in house and dealt with in a professional manner and whoever the manager is at the time should be treated better imo . Honestly it doesn't sit well with me at all . I think it's unprofessional and was handled by Kinsell quite badly tbh .

Anyhow with LJ gone on now hopefully we will both have the same Agenda now in wanting somebody good to takeover and get us up the league 👍 . Who you wanting to appoint btw ?

Daily Hibs
27-08-2023, 03:30 PM
Can we please have a culture reset at the club and have a proper clear out. The ENTIRE backroom coaching staff needs replaced.

the_ginger_hibee
27-08-2023, 03:33 PM
Can we please have a culture reset at the club and have a proper clear out. The ENTIRE backroom coaching staff needs replaced.

Agree. Gray, for example, seemed like a big part of LJs coaching staff and should face the consequences of being part of that failed management team. He was either part of it, involved in decisions and accountable or he wasn't and in which case, why are we paying him? That's before we even get into his part in Maloney and Ross's failed tenures also.

jeffers
27-08-2023, 03:38 PM
I thought some of the stuff was harsh and OTT mate . Not having a go here though didn't see the " he throws players under bus " at all and even when someone tried to point out how he thought he did with Fish I really didn't see it tbh . He hadn't had as many issues at other clubs than ours in the past either .

There's a poster on here that last year was putting up the team before it being was officially announced , he was regularly told to take it down . I don't think Kinsell should be doing it either tbh though it doesn't bother me in fairness.

The telling fans about the manager's situation should be kept in house and dealt with in a professional manner and whoever the manager is at the time should be treated better imo . Honestly it doesn't sit well with me at all . I think it's unprofessional and was handled by Kinsell quite badly tbh .

Anyhow with LJ gone on now hopefully we will both have the same Agenda now in wanting somebody good to takeover and get us up the league 👍 . Who you wanting to appoint btw ?

Fair enough DH. I’ll leave the Johnson chat by saying he’s not the nice guy you think he is.

I wanted McInnes the last two times we were looking and believe he’d have taken it. He wasn’t what we wanted though and I don’t expect us to go in for him this time either. I genuinely have no idea who I want but I definitely don’t want us to go back for Lennon. Whoever we do appoint I don’t want them ripping up what we have and starting from scratch. We have a few deficiencies but I believe we have the makings of a good side.

7Hero
27-08-2023, 03:39 PM
Nobody on that board is qualified to pick the next manager, neither is the CEO. So we all better hope McDermott knows what he is doing.

cabbageandribs1875
27-08-2023, 03:41 PM
Streaky Lee & Leaky Ben

HendoDelivered
27-08-2023, 03:48 PM
Very unsure about him and have been for a while. No doubt he has done wonders for us in the commercial side of things. However the football/on the pitch stuff handled by him has been nothing short of a car crash. I’m hopeful that BM will be in total control of the football/on field things from now on and BK just sticks to what he is actually good at.

Let football people do the football stuff 👍🏼