PDA

View Full Version : The board

Spike Mandela
27-08-2023, 12:29 PM
Do they know what they are doing?

Their decision making has been flawed since the hasty(imo) decision to sack Ross and just seem to permanently be destabilizing the club with one quuck change of manager to another.

Nobody csn say they haven't backed managers financially but seem to be trigget hsppy with sackings rather than seeing a project through.

Just feels like groundhog day now.

Mikey_1875
27-08-2023, 12:34 PM
I’m not sure we can view this sacking and appointment process the same as previous. While Kensell has been a constant there will now be a heavy influence from McDermott and of course sadly Ron is no longer with us.

This is one of the main reasons why we have a DOF in place for situations like this I would guess. So I am excited to see who they come up with.

GreenPJ
27-08-2023, 12:40 PM
I’m not sure we can view this sacking and appointment process the same as previous. While Kensell has been a constant there will now be a heavy influence from McDermott and of course sadly Ron is no longer with us.

This is one of the main reasons why we have a DOF in place for situations like this I would guess. So I am excited to see who they come up with.

If I am being honest I was not overly comfortable with the relationship that Kensall, McDermott and Johnson had - it all seemed a bit too cosy so whilst I never like anyone to lose their job I am somewhat relieved that perceived 'tight' relationships did not get in the way of an important decision being made.

h1bs4life
27-08-2023, 01:57 PM
If I am being honest I was not overly comfortable with the relationship that Kensall, McDermott and Johnson had - it all seemed a bit too cosy so whilst I never like anyone to lose their job I am somewhat relieved that perceived 'tight' relationships did not get in the way of an important decision being made.

The closeness between all 3 was a bit concern for me as well , hopefully it was the Gordon’s/ board that decided his time was up irrespective of what others thought.

Greenio
27-08-2023, 01:59 PM
Who is actually on the board?

Executive and non?

LewysGot2
27-08-2023, 02:02 PM
The closeness between all 3 was a bit concern for me as well , hopefully it was the Gordon’s/ board that decided his time was up irrespective of what others thought.

The CEO implied when drinking in Switzerland with fans he wanted him gone before this - make of that what you will. I trust the person that had this chat with him not to be misrepresenting things . Still not impressed with the loose lips indiscretion as its unprofessional and actually unfair. None of us would appreciate a boss telling randoms we were in the unemployment queue...however, it puts to bed the "cosy" relationship theory.

LewysGot2
27-08-2023, 02:03 PM
Who is actually on the board?

Executive and non?

Malcolm McPherson is Chairman again

Greenio
27-08-2023, 02:05 PM
The CEO implied when drinking in Switzerland with fans he wanted him gone before this - make of that what you will. I trust the person that had this chat with him not to be misrepresenting things . Still not impressed with the loose lips indiscretion as its unprofessional and actually unfair. None of us would appreciate a boss telling randoms we were in the unemployment queue...however, it puts to bed the "cosy" relationship theory.

BK was drinking with fans before our game Switzerland telling them he wanted Lee gone?

I'm not saying you never heard that but it's pretty unbelievable

Greenio
27-08-2023, 02:06 PM
Malcolm McPherson is Chairman again

So him, BK, Ian and Mrs Gordon are the board?

LewysGot2
27-08-2023, 02:06 PM
BK was drinking with fans before our game Switzerland telling them he wanted Lee gone?

It was said by him to someone I trust. Said the Gordons didn't want to get rid just yet

LewysGot2
27-08-2023, 02:09 PM

Non executive directors Stephen Dunn still there, Archie Paton and 2 females whose names escape me. Gillian someone I think.

jeffers
27-08-2023, 02:10 PM

Don’t know if BK personally wanted him gone, he did though tell fans if we’d lost that tie he’d be away. Told my mate that as well as number of other things, some he really shouldn’t have said.

jeffers
27-08-2023, 02:11 PM
Non executive directors Stephen Dunn still there, Archie Paton and 2 females whose names escape me. Gillian someone I think.

Kathrin Hamilton from BG is one.

He's here!
27-08-2023, 02:14 PM
Do they know what they are doing?

Their decision making has been flawed since the hasty(imo) decision to sack Ross and just seem to permanently be destabilizing the club with one quuck change of manager to another.

Nobody csn say they haven't backed managers financially but seem to be trigget hsppy with sackings rather than seeing a project through.

Just feels like groundhog day now.

I'm concerned about this too. I'm not saying LJ was going to turn it around but we can't be changing managers so often, saddling the next one with a heap of signings he might not have agreed with and hoping to strike lucky.

ancient hibee
27-08-2023, 02:20 PM
It's amazing the number of posters that have mates who the CEO blurts out secrets to. Never seems to be anyone that actually posts.

h1bs4life
27-08-2023, 02:31 PM

Ian Gordon is now referred to as owner according to Barrie Wilkins on the stadium tour I was on yesterday before going to hospitality no idea if he has final say on things like his dad would have had previously.

Billy Whizz
27-08-2023, 03:25 PM
All board members current and past on the link

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC005323/officers

Tully
27-08-2023, 05:08 PM
Funny how certain people knew at 10am through a leaked email Johnson was sacked something not right at hibs from top to the bottom

Baldy Foghorn
27-08-2023, 05:14 PM
Funny how certain people knew at 10am through a leaked email Johnson was sacked something not right at hibs from top to the bottom

Who was sent email, and I wonder who leaked it?

Northernhibee
27-08-2023, 06:16 PM
LJ was blatantly the wrong person for the job, but the handling of this is shambolic.

We all knew LJ was prone to a bad run of form, and odd team selections so why wasn’t he sacked in the summer rather than bringing in a million quids worth of his own players? What has changed in two months?

We’re now scrabbling about for players with just a few days remaining with no manager, no idea if they’ll fit into the new managers plans, and with a huge outlay for a team who is full of players the new manager may not rate.

It’s a ****ing shambles.

LewysGot2
27-08-2023, 09:06 PM

Lack of professional expectation. If something is confidential it should stay that way no matter how tempting it might be to share. The club will know someone leaked it so they'll no doubt remind folk of their obligations though it does seem these particular professional standards have been eroded in recent times at all levels in the building

GreenCastle
27-08-2023, 09:54 PM
LJ was blatantly the wrong person for the job, but the handling of this is shambolic.

We all knew LJ was prone to a bad run of form, and odd team selections so why wasn’t he sacked in the summer rather than bringing in a million quids worth of his own players? What has changed in two months?

We’re now scrabbling about for players with just a few days remaining with no manager, no idea if they’ll fit into the new managers plans, and with a huge outlay for a team who is full of players the new manager may not rate.

It’s a ****ing shambles.

You could flip this and say recruitment signed players that LJ didn’t want - hence why he hasn’t played some of them?!

Who knows but I worry about how we recruit staff at ALL levels of the club - seems not much loyalty and also some odd decisions.

LJ should never have been appointed.

It’s only fair to ask why we keep getting managers wrong - the last 2 have been a total waste of money and held us back.