PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen away tickets

Power
25-08-2023, 09:09 AM
Tickets for Aberdeen away, Sunday 3rd September (3pm kick off) are currently on sale to 𝗛𝗶𝗯𝘀 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 members before becoming available to Season Ticket Holders at 10am tomorrow, Saturday 26th August.

General sale will open at 10am on Monday.

Full ticket info in the club article linked below

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/ticket-info-aberdeen-a-2

Carheenlea
25-08-2023, 09:12 AM
Are these tickets actual tickets or print at home/digital?

The office are usually very prompt in delivery but maybe won’t want to leave too long for buying if they are posted out!

Hermit Crab
25-08-2023, 09:13 AM
Are these tickets actual tickets or print at home/digital?

The office are usually very prompt in delivery but maybe won’t want to leave too long for buying if they are posted out!

Proper paper tickets mate.

Carheenlea
25-08-2023, 09:15 AM
Proper paper tickets mate.

:aok:

Power
25-08-2023, 09:21 AM
HC is spot on ✅

Hermit Crab
25-08-2023, 09:22 AM
I think the away section has been slightly reduced after they done some work on that South stand. Think they took away the high fence.

Mikey_1875
25-08-2023, 07:44 PM
Since AST/HF members are now paying collection and postage admin fees (which I have no problem paying as every one else does). It makes the increase in price for an AST/HF membership even more baffling as this was previously FOC. Not to mention it’s actually more “work” to buy a ticket now.

What justification is there for it if the admin is being paid for per match anyway?

Hermit Crab
25-08-2023, 07:59 PM
Since AST/HF members are now paying collection and postage admin fees (which I have no problem paying as every one else does). It makes the increase in price for an AST/HF membership even more baffling as this was previously FOC. Not to mention it’s actually more “work” to buy a ticket now.

What justification is there for it if the admin is being paid for per match anyway?

Is it not to cover the Ticketmaster fees? :dunno:

Mikey_1875
25-08-2023, 08:03 PM
Is it not to cover the Ticketmaster fees? :dunno:

For the admin fee per match yeah. Not a problem with that. But i’m still struggling to justify a price increase for the actual fee at the start of the season?

Probably pointless dragging up old ground to be fair but I remember thinking about it at the time and this is the first away league match that has required a physical ticket.

Cod Boy
31-08-2023, 02:00 PM
Suprised to see tickets for hibs section still available

Keith_M
31-08-2023, 02:09 PM

Probably down to the cost of trips to Blackpool, Andorra, Luzern and Birmingham. It's been quite an expensive time for some over the last few weeks.

JammyDoidger
31-08-2023, 02:27 PM

3 defeats out of 3, no manager, no sign of new players, I'm not surprised atall, could change with a couple decent signings and a new manager.

Brooster
01-09-2023, 01:50 PM
Are tickets still available? Just tried to buy an extra one but can't see it on the list.

Carheenlea
01-09-2023, 01:58 PM
Are tickets still available? Just tried to buy an extra one but can't see it on the list.

Can either be sold out (not sure what the revised allocation for Pittodrie is this season) or because tickets are paper, maybe just withdrawn from online sales?

Hermit Crab
01-09-2023, 03:45 PM
Hopefully Aberdeen will sell tickets on the day.

Brooster
01-09-2023, 04:41 PM
Thanks. I got another one. Hibs were only selling them in person today.

Tully
01-09-2023, 06:15 PM
Looking for 3 tickets if anyone has any spare for sale

Hermit Crab
02-09-2023, 08:02 AM
I see Hibs have said tickets will not be available for sale at Aberdeen tomorrow which is ridiculous. Fans should be encouraged to go, not put off.

Ringothedog
02-09-2023, 08:35 AM
Is the ticket office open today for sale of tickets?

Hermit Crab
02-09-2023, 08:39 AM
Is the ticket office open today for sale of tickets?

According the PR from Hibs, tickets are now off sale and none will be available in Aberdeen tomorrow.

Ringothedog
02-09-2023, 08:50 AM
According the PR from Hibs, tickets are now off sale and none will be available in Aberdeen tomorrow.

Cheers G
Will have to give the game a miss then

Carheenlea
02-09-2023, 09:29 AM
I see Hibs have said tickets will not be available for sale at Aberdeen tomorrow which is ridiculous. Fans should be encouraged to go, not put off.

How many fans will get to weekend and think “you know what, I fancy heading to the game” but you then get told to bolt.

Why Scottish football steadfastly refuses to move to digital/print at home and stubbornly insist on buying an actual paper ticket in order to gain access to largely half empty stadiums is a preposterous state of affairs.

Billy Whizz
02-09-2023, 09:30 AM
How many fans will get to weekend and think “you know what, I fancy heading to the game” but you then get told to bolt.

Why Scottish football steadfastly refuses to move to digital/print at home and stubbornly insist on buying an actual paper ticket in order to gain access to largely half empty stadiums is a preposterous state of affairs.

I agree, we do it to away fans as well, whole thing is ridiculous. Well done the likes of St Mirren and Motherwell, can buy right up to KO

Broken Gnome
02-09-2023, 09:31 AM
Straight yes/no question - I can go tomorrow when previously I couldn't, but there is no way for me to buy a ticket for the away end. Correct?

Carheenlea
02-09-2023, 09:37 AM
Straight yes/no question - I can go tomorrow when previously I couldn't, but there is no way for me to buy a ticket for the away end. Correct?

No

https://i.postimg.cc/GhH2FLYR/IMG-0664.jpg (https://postimg.cc/svCsyRwH)

BoomtownHibees
02-09-2023, 09:38 AM

Correct

Broken Gnome
02-09-2023, 09:40 AM
No

https://i.postimg.cc/GhH2FLYR/IMG-0664.jpg (https://postimg.cc/svCsyRwH)

And it's not actually sold out?

I've seen a few things this week about clubs - ok, Hearts - needing to be wary about alienating potential fans by not making games accessible. That's firmly around pie in the sky 7k waiting lists admittedly, but how on earth are we in a situation where you can't go to a game?

Hermit Crab
02-09-2023, 09:44 AM
Considering fans only had about 7 days to buy tickets as well as make travel arrangements, the decision from Aberdeen not to sell tickets on the day is a poor one.

Ringothedog
02-09-2023, 09:50 AM
Considering fans only had about 7 days to buy tickets as well as make travel arrangements, the decision from Aberdeen not to sell tickets on the day is a poor one.

It didn’t help that I was down for the Villa game from the Monday and only got back last night. The last thing on my mind was Aberdeen away.

marinello59
02-09-2023, 09:51 AM

Hopefully that changes. The trouble at the last two games may have played a part in the decision making though.

Carheenlea
02-09-2023, 09:57 AM
And it's not actually sold out?

I've seen a few things this week about clubs - ok, Hearts - needing to be wary about alienating potential fans by not making games accessible. That's firmly around pie in the sky 7k waiting lists admittedly, but how on earth are we in a situation where you can't go to a game?

I wish I had an answer.

Can’t be too many industries where potential customers are chased away from buying a product that has plenty availability. It’s as if you’re being a damn nuisance for wishing to give them business.

Brooster
02-09-2023, 09:57 AM
Hibs will be making no effort to help. They don't care about away fans because there's no money in it for them.

Kojock
02-09-2023, 10:00 AM
Hopefully that changes. The trouble at the last two games may have played a part in the decision making though.

I would imagine the Police would have some input on whether tickets can be purchased on the day. Could be forward planning by Aberdeen as they know how many away fans to expect and the number of Police and Stewards will be allocated accordingly.

Billy Whizz
02-09-2023, 10:04 AM
Hibs will be making no effort to help. They don't care about away fans because there's no money in it for them.

Regardless it’s Aberdeen’s home game, they could make some extra money if they had a small kiosk somewhere pre match

DH1875
02-09-2023, 10:04 AM
Did they cut our allocation and is that allocation sold out though?

Hermit Crab
02-09-2023, 10:11 AM
Did they cut our allocation and is that allocation sold out though?

No, we still get about 1100 tickets. Only blocks Q and R were for available for sale. Block P (uncovered) is always sold last and wasn't put on sale meaning we will only have sold about 700-800 for this which isn't surprising to be honest.

Carheenlea
02-09-2023, 10:14 AM

To be fair, I do remember KP collecting and taking tickets to away games previously for fans unable to get to ticket office. Maybe it’s Aberdeen who are dictating things here.

He's here!
02-09-2023, 10:44 AM
I agree, we do it to away fans as well, whole thing is ridiculous. Well done the likes of St Mirren and Motherwell, can buy right up to KO

Why don't all clubs do that?

Hibernian Verse
02-09-2023, 10:47 AM
I have a spare going, face value but you have to sit beside me.

Pm if you want it.

CB_NO3
02-09-2023, 12:07 PM
Strange, I am looking for 2 tickets. I thought like every other club you would just buy via them once Hibs stopped selling. Imaging turning away fans and extra revenue.

Chorley Hibee
02-09-2023, 12:27 PM
Strange, I am looking for 2 tickets. I thought like every other club you would just buy via them once Hibs stopped selling. Imaging turning away fans and extra revenue.

At a venue with hundreds of empty seats too.

Absolute morons run the game in this country.

Shezza
02-09-2023, 01:58 PM
I emailed Aberdeen ticket office yesterday asking if I could get an away ticket on Sunday. John replied “Thanks for getting in touch, if you come into the office on Sunday we will be able to assist”

Carheenlea
02-09-2023, 06:09 PM
I emailed Aberdeen ticket office yesterday asking if I could get an away ticket on Sunday. John replied “Thanks for getting in touch, if you come into the office on Sunday we will be able to assist”

That’s more encouraging and common sense. Whether that invite is open to all who may have late plans to travel is unclear mind you.

Hibernian Verse
02-09-2023, 07:08 PM
Still have a spare

tamig
02-09-2023, 10:15 PM
I see the game’s on ppv for £13.99.

Itsnoteasy
02-09-2023, 11:05 PM
No, we still get about 1100 tickets. Only blocks Q and R were for available for sale. Block P (uncovered) is always sold last and wasn't put on sale meaning we will only have sold about 700-800 for this which isn't surprising to be honest.

But you think a loyalty points system should be implemented. This proves it would be a waste of time. Those who want to go to Aberdeen have got a ticket, apart from those who want to appear on the day.

So let's have a system that really there is only a scramble for Tynie & a slim chance of a euro tie against an English mob.

Hermit Crab
03-09-2023, 12:11 AM
But you think a loyalty points system should be implemented. This proves it would be a waste of time. Those who want to go to Aberdeen have got a ticket, apart from those who want to appear on the day.

So let's have a system that really there is only a scramble for Tynie & a slim chance of a euro tie against an English mob.

Yeah I do. Points would be gathered for those attending these unattractive games meaning they'd be rightly first in line for the big away games via a points system. It's a nonsense that Hearts away is a free for all. Its many ST holders one away game a season and they shouldn't be in with the same chance as those who go to all or most away games.

What's your beef with me anyway? This isn't the first time you've singled me out, I'm definitely not alone with the opinion on the points system being reintroduced. If you don't like what I post then please use the ignore function.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-09-2023, 05:20 AM
Yeah I do. Points would be gathered for those attending these unattractive games meaning they'd be rightly first in line for the big away games via a points system. It's a nonsense that Hearts away is a free for all. Its many ST holders one away game a season and they shouldn't be in with the same chance as those who go to all or most away games.

You're 100% correct.

Chorley Hibee
03-09-2023, 06:07 AM

We took more than 1100 to both games at Aberdeen last season, and it's only a combination of factors that see us taking less today (euro games, lack of cash, Sunday game, being crap).

Also sold out St Mirren twice last season and had additional tickets given to us at numerous grounds.

Should sides such as Raith, Dunfermline, Falkirk ever return to the Premiership, then they would sell out as well.

Definitely time a loyalty points system was implemented.

Jones28
03-09-2023, 06:10 AM
It’s mad that you can’t buy digital tickets for this one. It’s 2023 ffs.

scoopyboy
03-09-2023, 06:26 AM

What's your beef with me anyway? This isn't the first time you've singled me out, I'm definitely not alone with the opinion on the points system being reintroduced. If you don't like what I post then please use the ignore function.

It should never have been scrapped in the first place.

At the time it was ended I was virtually at the top of the scale meaning I could get to any game I wished.

Now I hardly go to away games so when there is a scramble I wouldn't really deserve them.

To me it was ridiculous fans that went to Andorra and Switzerland weren't guaranteed for Birmingham.

Chorley Hibee
03-09-2023, 06:29 AM
It’s mad that you can’t buy digital tickets for this one. It’s 2023 ffs.

Most Scottish football clubs seem to excel in making football as difficult to attend as possible.

Jones28
03-09-2023, 07:45 AM
Most Scottish football clubs seem to excel in making football as difficult to attend as possible.

They really do. It’s a specialty. Coupled with the SFA and our dreadful train prices it’s a marvel that fans travel at all.

JimBHibees
03-09-2023, 08:36 AM

Is difficult to argue with that and definitely seems by far the fairest way.

BoomtownHibees
03-09-2023, 08:56 AM
Is difficult to argue with that and definitely seems by far the fairest way.

Nobody should be able to argue with it. It’s a fairly simple concept that most other clubs across the country manage to implement ok. Those who go to the most games should be first in line for tickets when there is a limited allocation. Simples

marinello59
03-09-2023, 09:12 AM
It should never have been scrapped in the first place.

At the time it was ended I was virtually at the top of the scale meaning I could get to any game I wished.

Now I hardly go to away games so when there is a scramble I wouldn't really deserve them.

To me it was ridiculous fans that went to Andorra and Switzerland weren't guaranteed for Birmingham.

At the time it ended I was in the top tier but was happy to see it go, for me every season ticket holder should have an equal chance of a ticket for the big games after Hibs First. The majority continued to buy season tickets during the covid shutdown despite the fact they weren’t going to actually get to any games, that commitment should be rewarded. The chance of a Tynecastle ticket is a massive incentive to buy for many which helps to bring in more income for the club. I wouldn’t like to see STs be less attractive in any way.
I also have to disagree about those who went to Andorra and Switzerland being guaranteed a ticket for Birmingham. They were expensive trips which priced a lot of fans out. Those of us who did go on any of those trips were lucky to be there. No reward needed.

Carheenlea
03-09-2023, 09:31 AM
At the time it ended I was in the top tier but was happy to see it go, for me every season ticket holder should have an equal chance of a ticket for the big games after Hibs First. The majority continued to buy season tickets during the covid shutdown despite the fact they weren’t going to actually get to any games, that commitment should be rewarded. The chance of a Tynecastle ticket is a massive incentive to buy for many which helps to bring in more income for the club. I wouldn’t like to see STs be less attractive in any way.
I also have to disagree about those who went to Andorra and Switzerland being guaranteed a ticket for Birmingham. They were expensive trips which priced a lot of fans out. Those of us who did go on any of those trips were lucky to be there. No reward needed.

I don’t think our travelling support is large enough to use that argument.

For most away games, there is enough capacity to satisfy demand for those who wish to follow Hibs on the road. As long as that remains the case then it’s surely only right that those who do travel every other week are able to attend those away games when demand does outstrip available seats.

While we are lauding the magnificent support we took to Birmingham, we do need to be honest and admit our away support isn’t really that big for a club with our fan base. The likes of Kilmarnock for example don’t have huge home crowds but do take quite a big travelling support in comparison.
If we get to a point where we’re selling out every away ground then the argument for away ticket free for alls for every ST holder to get a chance is more valid.
Until then, the regular away day travellers shouldn’t really be missing out on high demand games.

ClewsHibs
03-09-2023, 09:35 AM
Where's good in the city centre for a drink before the game?

scoopyboy
03-09-2023, 10:58 AM

You're not Leeann Dempster in disguise are you?:greengrin

Her argument when I challenged her about it was that it was going to stop people taking out new season tickets.

Fans were saying to her if they took out season tickets would they get Tynecastle tickets. She said if these people were told no they wouldn't have taken them out.

It therefore became the mad scramble it is today.

BS44
03-09-2023, 11:31 AM
Where's good in the city centre for a drink before the game?

School house has a beer garden and the fitba on, huns and celtic fans inside watching though.