PDA

View Full Version : Joe Newell SJN

Percy Vere
24-08-2023, 02:37 PM
Really pleased to see Joe Newell getting the plaudits and crowd support he deserves. I took pelters in here for backing him in the months after we signed him. He was always decent but he's improved and consistently one of Hibs best performers. And he's got a song now too.

HendoDelivered
24-08-2023, 02:38 PM
Couldnt have put it better myself. Massively underrated even still IMO. Glad to see him getting the appreciation and recognition he deserves. Loves the Hibs

B.H.F.C
24-08-2023, 02:41 PM
IMO, Newell is getting more credit now because he is playing better consistently. There’s always talk about folk ‘making their mind up’ or whatever but I think he’s the perfect example that folk just call what they see most of the time.

I’ve been critical previously but this season in particular he’s been a one man midfield. Actually feel sorry for him as the effort he is putting in at the moment goes way beyond most of his team mates.

Pretty Boy
24-08-2023, 02:44 PM
I think him and Levitt will be fine this season, they both have clear strengths and they should compliment each other. Newell is our main man now imo, you saw the lift we got on Sunday when he came on and he was out on his feet last night with the effort he put in.

We need another in there with them though as frankly none of Campbell, Jeggo or Doyle-Hayes are the answer. I think that's tricky though as it's either going to mean paying a fee or bringing in someone who is still on the shelf for whatever reason.

Green Man
24-08-2023, 03:25 PM
I’ve previously said that JN was clearly one of the most technically gifted players at the club, but the team tactics appeared to be limiting him to playing sideways passes. Now he’s playing with a bit more freedom, playing forward passes and running at opponents, he’s shining.

Since452
24-08-2023, 03:26 PM
He looked gutted last night. You can tell playing for us means a lot to him.

Brightside
24-08-2023, 03:28 PM
He will have a poor game soon and there will be a thread saying he’s pish. Josh will then have 2 good games and we will be saying he’s a £3m player. Ah the circle of life.

WeeRussell
24-08-2023, 03:31 PM

That and the fact he ****ing hates Villa :greengrin

Really like the start Joe's made to the season. Always comes across as good, down-to-earth lad too.

Daniel 1875
24-08-2023, 03:41 PM
Think we’ll see the best of Newell when he’s playing in a better midfield. He’s covering for his teammates most weeks at the moment - with a bit of protection alongside him I think he’d be a standout player in the league.

MWHIBBIES
24-08-2023, 03:58 PM
Brilliant footballer. Has been one our best players since Ross was appointed.

DH1875
24-08-2023, 04:15 PM

His Mrs is a Villa fan.