PDA

View Full Version : Get Lennon In Now

WhileTheChief..
23-08-2023, 10:02 PM
Won a cup and did well in Europe with a team from Cyprus.

He can do it again with us.

H18 SFR
23-08-2023, 10:03 PM
Nah, keep LJ for me but If say he resigned it simply has to be John Collins.

Wilson
23-08-2023, 10:03 PM
Nah.

The Harp Awakes
23-08-2023, 10:04 PM

:top marks

Glory Lurker
23-08-2023, 10:04 PM
Shaun Maloney's going great guns this season, against real adversity too.

Lester B
23-08-2023, 10:05 PM
So we have reached peak hysteria and lunacy now. Utterly absurd.

Daily Hibs
23-08-2023, 10:06 PM
Certainly Lennon or McInnes to get us moving forward.

SlickShoes

Maniac

ScottB
This is worse than the Griffiths / Riordan equivalents.

HoboHarry
23-08-2023, 10:07 PM
So we have reached peak hysteria and lunacy now. Utterly absurd.

I was expecting this thread. Ridiculous and pretty dreadful trolling.

Danderhall Hibs
23-08-2023, 10:07 PM
What cup did he win again?

Pretty Boy
23-08-2023, 10:08 PM
No thanks.

I loved much of his time here. There were nights when ER was rocking under him and some great results and one of the best spells in my whole time supporting Hibs but the ship has sailed.

There are better options who are just as realistic and come with far less baggage.

brianmc
23-08-2023, 10:09 PM
What cup did he win again?

The Cypriot Cup?

Stubbsy90+2
23-08-2023, 10:16 PM
Anyone but LJ

Callyballybe
23-08-2023, 10:16 PM
Absolutely not

NAE NOOKIE
23-08-2023, 10:23 PM

NO

And absolutely bloody well NO

ShinyFantastic
23-08-2023, 10:24 PM
Why a manager sacking thread after losing to a class English premier league team? Really?

Diclonius
23-08-2023, 10:24 PM
:rolleyes:

truehibernian
23-08-2023, 10:27 PM
No thanks.

I loved much of his time here. There were nights when ER was rocking under him and some great results and one of the best spells in my whole time supporting Hibs but the ship has sailed.

There are better options who are just as realistic and come with far less baggage.

Who else PB ? Last 4 managers have absolutely capitulated to Hearts, that’s very important in local context - he knows the club, he likes the club, he’s a born fighter and winner - no brainer for me (and he’s free)

Hibernia&Alba
23-08-2023, 10:28 PM
No, not for me. His time with Hibs has been and gone. It all fell to pieces at the end.

truehibernian
23-08-2023, 10:29 PM
Why a manager sacking thread after losing to a class English premier league team? Really?

Because we are at the bottom of the league and play awful football ! And it’s not even September yet.

H18 SFR
23-08-2023, 10:30 PM
NO

And absolutely bloody well NO

Yeah, maybe his time is done. Dick Campbell then.

jeffers
23-08-2023, 10:31 PM
Gonnae no dae that.

Not In The Know
23-08-2023, 10:33 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion… I’m stuggling to see any valid reason why you think he would be good for us.

His last team with us imploded. He ****ed up a gimmie title win with Celtic he’s not the pish people spout “born winner”

JohnM1875
23-08-2023, 10:34 PM
Stephen Robinson would be the man for me. Thought that before he failed down south as well. Brilliant manager up here

Donegal Hibby
23-08-2023, 10:40 PM
Neil Lennon :faf:

Unseen work
23-08-2023, 10:41 PM
Ffs no again

23-08-2023, 10:45 PM
Who else PB ? Last 4 managers have absolutely capitulated to Hearts, that’s very important in local context - he knows the club, he likes the club, he’s a born fighter and winner - no brainer for me (and he’s free)

Is that what it's just about? The results against Hearts? LJ has a win, a loss and 2 draws against Hearts in the league and a loss in the cup. Against their current manager (technical director) he's 1 win and 1 draw. I don't think it's time to panic just yet and bring in Lennon. Though I would say he's a more realistic prospect than McInnes who we'd have no chance of prizing away from Killie.

Fergus52
23-08-2023, 10:54 PM
I want LJ gone but tonight should have no bearing on anyone's opinion on the manager.

I don't think we've ever faced a side competitively with as large a budget disparity, they are one of the richest sides in the world with one of the best squads in the premier League, I don't know what anyone was expecting

WhileTheChief..
23-08-2023, 10:54 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion… I’m stuggling to see any valid reason why you think he would be good for us.

His last team with us imploded. He ****ed up a gimmie title win with Celtic he’s not the pish people spout “born winner”

He's 5 years older, wiser and with a point to prove.

Put it this way, do you really think things would get any worse than they are now? I don't see how that's possible.

What will it take before everyone realises that LJ needs to go? Do we need to be bottom of the league in October? November?

There's nothing to be gained by keeping LJ on. At least if brought Lennon in it would give us a chance of improving.

If it turns out that he's crap too, and can't get results, then we bin Lennon and go again.

We can't stick with crap managers just because we don't want change. Let's get a good manager in and stick with him.

Brightside
23-08-2023, 10:55 PM
Can you keep him sober long enough

Danderhall Hibs
The Cypriot Cup?

Oh that’s a must for me.

Would’ve loved him to win a cup when he had a chance with us as well though.

Unseen work
Stephen Robinson would be the man for me. Thought that before he failed down south as well. Brilliant manager up here

Very underrated and done really good jobs at Motherwell and st Mirren

JohnM1875
23-08-2023, 10:59 PM
Very underrated and done really good jobs at Motherwell and St Mirren

Definitely. He'd comfortably be the manager I'd want next if LJ gets punted.

Allant1981
24-08-2023, 05:30 AM
NL would not improve this team, he has never shown he can take over a poor team and make them better, he makes good teams worse these days, that's if he was to even turn up, keep him far from ER

Since452
24-08-2023, 05:36 AM
He blew 10 in a row with the best squad in Scotland. No thanks. Comedy figure.

Horrible character.

Since90+2
24-08-2023, 05:37 AM

Put it this way, do you really think things would get any worse than they are now? I don't see how that's possible.

What will it take before everyone realises that LJ needs to go? Do we need to be bottom of the league in October? November?

There's nothing to be gained by keeping LJ on. At least if brought Lennon in it would give us a chance of improving.

If it turns out that he's crap too, and can't get results, then we bin Lennon and go again.

We can't stick with crap managers just because we don't want change. Let's get a good manager in and stick with him.

What makes you think he's wiser? He was not a kick in the arse off his 50s when he left us.

Since452
24-08-2023, 05:41 AM
If we're going down that route get big Yogi in. Born winner. Would kick a few *****.

Dalianwanda
24-08-2023, 06:09 AM

Absolutely not..He left us a shambles last time. New manager yes but i fail to see the obsession with him.

Since452
24-08-2023, 06:14 AM
Absolutely not..He left us a shambles last time. New manager yes but i fail to see the obsession with him.

Stockholm syndrome

Skol
24-08-2023, 06:14 AM
I was t happy with lennon when appointed. I did enjoy some of his time but by the end it was awful and I was glad he went. I wouldn’t want him back. I think it would be an awful move.

Ryan91
24-08-2023, 06:15 AM

There's folks here who've hated Johnson from the moment he was appointed and are so utterly desperate to see him fail.

There's an ocean of class, wealth and talent between our two teams.

lyonhibs
24-08-2023, 06:19 AM

If LJ gets the boot, it won't be for getting pumped off Aston Villa as I'm sure you well know.

lyonhibs
24-08-2023, 06:21 AM
What makes you think he's wiser? He was not a kick in the arse off his 50s when he left us.

Indeed, it's not like he was 16 and is now 21.

A firm no thank you from me, yesterday's man.

WhileTheChief..
24-08-2023, 06:25 AM
There's folks here who've hated Johnson from the moment he was appointed and are so utterly desperate to see him fail.

There's an ocean of class, wealth and talent between our two teams.

I never wanted LJ from the start but I was utterly desperate for him to succeed. Still am, so long as he remains in post.

There's not a single Hibs fan out there who wants us to be crap.

Why are you wilfully ignoring the hundreds of posts from people on here who have given their reasons for wanting to make the change? Posters that have been die hard Hibs fans for decades by the way.

None of us take any joy from having a pop against LJ.

I think Hibs could do better as a club with someone else as manager. It's as simple as that. I think there's an awful lot of other people on here feel similarly.

You'd rather we stick with LJ and wallow around the bottom of the league. Why?

That's damaging our club. Why do you want to do that?

WhileTheChief..
24-08-2023, 06:27 AM
Stockholm syndrome

How so? Want to explain or you just gonna post these wee digs now and again?

I've explained several times why I think LJ should go and why I'd like Lennon in.

You could do me the courtesy of just believing me and accepting we see things differently?

big gogs
24-08-2023, 06:32 AM
Neil Lennon :faf:
Lennon,nay,nay thrice nay.

Since452
24-08-2023, 06:51 AM
How so? Want to explain or you just gonna post these wee digs now and again?

I've explained several times why I think LJ should go and why I'd like Lennon in.

You could do me the courtesy of just believing me and accepting we see things differently?

The final 6:months of Lennons time managing Hibs was worse than anything served up by LJ. Utter car crash. Rather get Yogi in if we want someone who's going to shout a bit.

CL0762
24-08-2023, 06:55 AM
This obsession with getting Lennon back is bordering on torture.

Apart from 5 months where it clicked with the midfield we had & Kamberi & MacLaren up front we were largely pish.

Let’s not forget he also had a real chance at 2nd and absolutely shat the bed at Tynecastle then the following season left us in a mess.

Heisenberg
24-08-2023, 06:59 AM
I always look forward to the now regular Neil Lennon thread whenever we’ve lost a game. He’s not coming back and neither he should.

superfurryhibby
24-08-2023, 07:00 AM
Nae chance. Lennon is a loose cannon, tactically inept and messed it up big time the last time he was here.

erin go bragh
24-08-2023, 07:03 AM
Lennon would be a massive upgrade on what we have now but you could say the same with hundred of names.

NC1875
24-08-2023, 07:10 AM
Derek McInnes is the obvious one. Look at Kilmarnock start to the season compared with ours. Knew what he needed to sign, went and signed them on a far smaller budget and has got them performing.

Meanwhile, we’re stuck with Lee Johnson

Depressing

Helensburghhibs
24-08-2023, 07:21 AM
Mcinnes with our budget is a no brainer. But hes another that would split opinions as some of our fas will never be happy with appointments

WestStandWillie
24-08-2023, 07:24 AM

The old Neil Lennon comfort blanket.....again :rolleyes:

Surprised pubs on Easter Road haven't installed a Bat Signal-esqe NL to flash up to the sky.

Let it go FFS

Svengali
24-08-2023, 07:25 AM
Lennon in NOW!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣 You would think we had just lost
To a Premier League team who spent millions on their squad.

Who can we get to solve this sorry mess?

The guy who does the Aeroplane.

Bridge hibs
24-08-2023, 07:31 AM
Lennon is a ****ing dinosaur 🤣

Saint Hibee
24-08-2023, 07:40 AM
I want LJ gone but tonight should have no bearing on anyone's opinion on the manager.

I don't think we've ever faced a side competitively with as large a budget disparity, they are one of the richest sides in the world with one of the best squads in the premier League, I don't know what anyone was expecting

This. Last night’s result is completely irrelevant to the debate about LJ. No manager on the planet could’ve got a result for us last night.

worcesterhibby
24-08-2023, 08:33 AM
No No No No No No for the love of God please NO !

Victor
24-08-2023, 08:45 AM
This has to be a spoof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
24-08-2023, 08:54 AM
The old Neil Lennon comfort blanket.....again :rolleyes:

Surprised pubs on Easter Road haven't installed a Bat Signal-esqe NL to flash up to the sky.

Let it go FFS

Happy to consider others if not Lennon.

But sticking with LJ??

FFS indeed.

Lester B
24-08-2023, 09:01 AM
Happy to consider others if not Lennon.

But sticking with LJ??

FFS indeed.

You do know the season isn’t actually more than a few weeks old. You are aware of the career this far of some of those Villa players from last night? Do you realise how utterly risible your initial post was and is?

WhileTheChief..
24-08-2023, 09:05 AM
You do know the season isn’t actually more than a few weeks old. You are aware of the career this far of some of those Villa players from last night? Do you realise how utterly risible your initial post was and is?

Forget last night.

I'm basing things on everything since the day LJ walked in the door.

Do you think he's the best man for the job? If so, fair do's.

If not, why not take a chance with someone else who could maybe do a better job. That's all i'm saying!

I really doubt we could appoint anyone worse so there's absolutely nothing to lose with making the change now.

Sticking with LJ is holding us back.

jacomo
24-08-2023, 09:10 AM

He also walked out on us so he could return to his true love Celtc, or is that now forgotten?

The manner of Lennon’s departure was a disgrace, regardless of all the positives before then.

Since452
24-08-2023, 09:13 AM
Forget last night.

If not, why not take a chance with someone else who could maybe do a better job. That's all i'm saying!

I really doubt we could appoint anyone worse so there's absolutely nothing to lose with making the change now.

I think everyone would be open to someone who could do a better job. Neil Lennon isn't that person though. He took over a club on it's highest ever ebb which was only amplified by a promotion bounce. It then went horribly, horribly wrong. Could he take over a struggling Hibs and make them better? Highly doubt it. I enjoyed Lennons 6 months after the January window. It was fantastic, but it also ended up in a bottle job at Tynecastle and an areoplane celebration after throwing away a 3 goal lead.

Lago
24-08-2023, 09:44 AM

:faf::faf:

tamig
24-08-2023, 10:43 AM
Forget last night.

What makes you think NL could do a better job? Since leaving us, his career has spiralled downwards. As others have said, he takes good sides and makes them worse. He’s never taken over a bad side and improved it. Why the clamour?

Keith_M
24-08-2023, 10:47 AM
No thank you.

AllyRae
24-08-2023, 11:03 AM

Better off with John Lennon!!

Keith_M
24-08-2023, 11:08 AM
Better off with John Lennon!!

Imagine....

Waxy
24-08-2023, 11:13 AM
Forget last night.

Would it not cost us a fair amount of money to just sack a manager and get who else?
Is there not a chance LJ may improve as a manager also?
When did we last get to a final european qualifier?

Donegal Hibby
24-08-2023, 11:19 AM
In fairness if you give Lennon the right financial backing he certainly does know how to build a team !
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-spent-31m-transfer-fees-22972833

Lester B
24-08-2023, 11:28 AM
Would it not cost us a fair amount of money to just sack a manager and get who else?

It would cost us money and it puts us back in a cycle of hire and fire. Some posters are constantly wanting to hit the reset button.

The summer signings have been good acquisitions whether new players, a loan for a player who proved himself last year or converting loan into a permanent signing. We were patchy last year. We played some good stuff at times and were disappointing at others. We are two league games into the season and the fact that some people want rid already beggars belief. I don’t think many expected us to get beyond 4 European games and both performances against the Swiss team were excellent.

Would find it hard to believe we’re even contemplating getting rid of LJ just now hence the wailing and whinging from some others on here.

Lester B
24-08-2023, 11:33 AM
Forget last night.

Forget last night? It triggered (very apt word) your post

‘That’s all I’m saying’ no you are saying what the thread title says which verges on the deranged.

You doubt we could appoint anyone worse. We have appointed worse. Maloney. Lennon ironically enough towards the end of his tenure.

I’m actually wondering why I’m responding to this as this account must be a parody or troll one. Surely?

Waxy
24-08-2023, 11:36 AM
In fairness if you give Lennon the right financial backing he certainly does know how to build a team !
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-spent-31m-transfer-fees-22972833

Then he would hit a wee sticky spell and lose two or three games in a row and that would be it.
Get Lennon out threads etc etc etc

Percy Vere
24-08-2023, 02:21 PM

Hahaha 🤣

Percy Vere
24-08-2023, 02:29 PM

Because they reckon a £10m squad should do well against a £500m squad who play in the best league in the world, against top opposition week in week out.
Our deficiencies have already been highlighted this season by St Mirren and Motherwell, why on earth would anyone think the outcome would be different.
I'm not saying LJ is perfect and yes the team could be better. But you don't sack a manager because he's taken us on a European run and come up against the team who will very likely win it.

SaulGoodman
24-08-2023, 02:37 PM
The Neil Lennon obsession amongst some of our support is embarrassing (don’t even get me started on the folk that call him “Neil Francis Lennon” )

The boys a fanny. Couldn’t wait to jump ship back to his beloved Celtic.

If and when LJ needs replaced I would hope we would be setting our sights higher than him.

WhileTheChief..
24-08-2023, 02:48 PM
What makes you think NL could do a better job? Since leaving us, his career has spiralled downwards. As others have said, he takes good sides and makes them worse. He’s never taken over a bad side and improved it. Why the clamour?

He went to Cyprus and took a club that had won hee-haw for donkeys to a cup win and a decent showing in Europe.

We'd all jump at the chance of a season or two resulting in similar.

WhileTheChief..
24-08-2023, 02:57 PM

LJ's had over a year to improve us and hasn't. Why stick with him any longer?

The only reason is that "it's too soon".

I disagree. I think he's doing us major harm every week he remains with us and the ONLY way for to improve is with a new manager.

No idea about the financial side of things, not interested. That's for our board to deal with.

Fair do's if you're happy with LJ.

Whilst I'm pleased for guys like you, I damn well hate the football under him and really don't enjoy going to ER anymore. I want that to change.

Maybe give some us a break? We feel pretty crap about things and are using this forum to show it.

WeeRussell
24-08-2023, 03:32 PM
Sooner the Trolly Ground is open to everyone again the better :agree:

Basildon Hibs
24-08-2023, 04:06 PM
Forget last night.

😎👍👍

Since452
24-08-2023, 04:14 PM
He went to Cyprus and took a club that had won hee-haw for donkeys to a cup win and a decent showing in Europe.

He had an opportunity to win a trophy at Hibs with a better
squad and didn't. What would change this time? Pretty sure he got knocked out one of the cups at home to Morton. Born winner though...

Iain G
24-08-2023, 04:18 PM

Not sure we are eligible for the cup competitions in Cyprus...

MWHIBBIES
24-08-2023, 04:21 PM

Mate, they won the league the season before he joined them. They won the cup again after he left. I'm not so sure he was the key factor. They've won 21 leagues and 16 cups. Its not any different from winning with Celtic.

WhileTheChief..
24-08-2023, 04:50 PM

We'd probably still no get very far even if we were!!

Fair enough. No more Lennon chat from me.

Still want LJ gone .....

Pagan Hibernia
24-08-2023, 04:56 PM
The final 6:months of Lennons time managing Hibs was worse than anything served up by LJ. Utter car crash. Rather get Yogi in if we want someone who's going to shout a bit.

final 3 months, not 6. Things were going just fine until late October 2018.

for the record, I don’t want him back

24-08-2023, 05:01 PM

When it comes to cups our ethos is elgibilty schmeligibilty.

Onion
24-08-2023, 05:04 PM

Sadly yes. We could be roughly in the same position but having spent the fantasy £££ Lennon would demand to match his fantasy ambition. Lennon had his shot at a time when the club was at it's highest point in decades and apart from a few decent results, did next to nothing to progress us. Gladly, there is as much chance of Hibs appointing me as manager, as Lennon.

The Modfather
24-08-2023, 05:57 PM
No thanks. Football has long since moved on and left managers like Lennon behind. That’s even before getting into the expensive mess he leaves for the next man to sort.

Hibbyradge
24-08-2023, 06:11 PM
Because they reckon a £10m squad should do well against a £500m squad who play in the best league in the world, against top opposition week in week out.
Our deficiencies have already been highlighted this season by St Mirren and Motherwell, why on earth would anyone think the outcome would be different.
I'm not saying LJ is perfect and yes the team could be better. But you don't sack a manager because he's taken us on a European run and come up against the team who will very likely win it.

Hibs have a £10m squad? :shocked:

Ronniekirk
24-08-2023, 06:16 PM
He has been here and it went tits up for whatever reason
I doubt he would be considered by us now Plus there is no vacancy as yet

DH1875
24-08-2023, 06:20 PM
I'm a fan of Lennon and his time at Hibs. His time has been and gone though and would be a disaster if he returned.

1875M
24-08-2023, 09:23 PM
I'm a fan of Lennon and his time at Hibs. His time has been and gone though and would be a disaster if he returned.

Same here. Really liked Lennon when he was here and he was the only manager in recent times for me where I thought we could actually win every game we played, including the OF. However, I think that ship has sailed and we avoid him if we are looking for a new manager in the near future.

Haymaker
24-08-2023, 10:19 PM
This is worse than the Griffiths / Riordan equivalents.

Steady on pal, steady on! :greengrin

jacomo
24-08-2023, 10:37 PM

We sacked a manager who got us to a league cup final so anything is possible with Hibs.

WhileTheChief..
25-08-2023, 12:39 PM
Same here. Really liked Lennon when he was here and he was the only manager in recent times for me where I thought we could actually win every game we played, including the OF. However, I think that ship has sailed and we avoid him if we are looking for a new manager in the near future.

Same here. Would be so good to have that feeling again.

Now, is there any game that we think we’ll win?

We all tip Hibs to win on here, it will be the same again against Livvi, but how many of us actually believe it?!

Skol
25-08-2023, 02:50 PM
And then you turned up at the game and in particular Tynecastle to see the team selected and knew your optimism was misplaced.

Chorley Hibee
25-08-2023, 02:58 PM

We could sack him for losing to every team in the league in a single season, or losing more games than he wins, or, as you say yourself, having a team full of deficiencies that St Mirren, Motherwell, and even a side from Andorra, can turn over already this season.

The idea it's all about the Aston Villa result is nonsense.

WhileTheChief..
25-08-2023, 03:01 PM
And then you turned up at the game and in particular Tynecastle to see the team selected and knew your optimism was misplaced.

Aye, but at least we looked forward to the games.

Excited about the game tomorrow??

I see it more as a chore. But I'll go, and I'll support the team, and want them to win. As I always do.

A Hi-Bee
25-08-2023, 03:04 PM
Have to agree with some that I would be looking forward to games again if he was to show up as manager again.
Hold on to your seats with NL, back in charge for however long it lasted, be better than the slow death by LJ football speak.

Skol
25-08-2023, 04:55 PM

I see it more as a chore. But I'll go, and I'll support the team, and want them to win. As I always do.

I am actually looking forward to the game. That/could in part be because I missed the two league games and the two Lauren games as I was away on holiday.

However we have some good players I enjoy watching. If anything it’s watching Livvy that’s not something l look forward to

MWHIBBIES
25-08-2023, 04:56 PM

Can't do worse than Lennon did Vs Livingston with better players.

Hiber-nation
25-08-2023, 05:11 PM

I'm excited about the game. Seems ages since a Saturday afternoon match.

WhileTheChief..
25-08-2023, 05:20 PM
I'm excited about the game. Seems ages since a Saturday afternoon match.

Ach, you're probably just pleased you don't need to go shopping with the Mrs to Ikea or whatever :greengrin

Heisenberg
25-08-2023, 05:21 PM
Can't do worse than Lennon did Vs Livingston with better players.

Born winner etc etc

blackpoolhibs
25-08-2023, 05:25 PM
I am actually looking forward to the game. That/could in part be because I missed the two league games and the two Lauren games as I was away on holiday.

However we have some good players I enjoy watching. If anything it’s watching Livvy that’s not something l look forward to

Don't worry,next season you could miss the Patricia games too.

Skol
25-08-2023, 05:29 PM
Ffs took a few attempts to get livvy right and didn’t notice the luzern one. I hate auto correct.

Wilson
25-08-2023, 05:31 PM
Ffs took a few attempts to get livvy right and didn’t notice the luzern one. I hate auto correct.

It was worth it for Blackpool's Patricia games line :)

judas
25-08-2023, 06:16 PM

No thanks.