PDA

View Full Version : Money talks

seanshow
23-08-2023, 05:30 PM
It's nothing new but..

Twice the crowd size, but 100 x the broadcasting income.

The reality of Tv,s effect on football.

Trinity Hibee
23-08-2023, 05:37 PM
Absolutely. A bit frustrated we’ve lost 3 games exactly the same but they are playing this at walking pace and we are barely getting a kick.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-08-2023, 05:41 PM
Certainly no point in getting upset at this compared to the first two league games.

One Day Soon
23-08-2023, 05:42 PM
Certainly no point in getting upset at this compared to the first two league games.

They haven’t played superbly through us for the goals, they’ve long balled into the box. That’s not money, it’s our terrible defence.

LunasBoots
23-08-2023, 05:42 PM
Exactly

Just Alf
23-08-2023, 05:43 PM
Certainly no point in getting upset at this compared to the first two league games.Agree with that, what's annoying for me is that we seem to be losing the same types of goals all the time :-(

Pretty Boy
23-08-2023, 05:58 PM
What their cash buys them is players who want the ball in tight situations and are then calm with it. It makes building so much easier. Their keeper making passes to a defender with 2 men closing him down and he takes it a touch before finding a team mate, completely unphased. We simply can't do that and in games like this everything becomes rushed and breaks down.

Since452
23-08-2023, 06:02 PM
No complaints from me. They'd pump Celtic

Scorrie
23-08-2023, 06:11 PM
Having said that, Villa stuck four on Everton at the weekend and Everton have spent 500m putting that team together!

Is It On....
23-08-2023, 06:30 PM
So does a manager that knows what he is doing. Villa were staring a relegation until they enptied Stevie Geee

Paul1642
23-08-2023, 06:33 PM
So does a manager that knows what he is doing. Villa were staring a relegation until they enptied Stevie Geee

We’re comparing a Hibs manager with a three times Europa League winner here.

Is It On....
23-08-2023, 06:43 PM

At the weekend we were comparing a manager with 500 games under his belt with Ian Murray. In addition, our budget Vs RR should have meant a more comfortable game than 2-1. I honestly believe that Johnson isn't good enough, is underperforming his squad and shouldn't be our manager.

number9dream
23-08-2023, 06:46 PM

Four-time… This is probably not the stick to beat LJ with.
Need a positive reaction against Livingston or else the heat is really on.

lyonhibs
23-08-2023, 06:47 PM
It's nothing new but..

Twice the crowd size, but 100 x the broadcasting income.

The reality of Tv,s effect on football.

So does effort, doing the basics, blocking the occasional ****ing cross etc

truehibernian
23-08-2023, 06:52 PM
So does effort, doing the basics, blocking the occasional ****ing cross etc

The team didn’t even train since Raith, sat and watched videos and tactics boards - sign of a molly coddled team of lightweights and a very naive manager for me. Hard work must always come first, thereafter skill shines through. This is very reminiscent of a team of spice boys who won’t graft hard when it matters. The league games and cup game show they’re a soft touch group lacking leadership.

Johnson will be gone very soon, not just because of tonight, but a number of reasons.

hfc-1875
23-08-2023, 06:54 PM
It’s ok saying money talks but u still need to show a bit of something.. we were never going to get a result but that was an absolute shambles. 5-0 and they never got out first gear.

Willis1875
23-08-2023, 06:58 PM
The team didn’t even train since Raith, sat and watched videos and tactics boards - sign of a molly coddled team of lightweights and a very naive manager for me. Hard work must always come first, thereafter skill shines through. This is very reminiscent of a team of spice boys who won’t graft hard when it matters. The league games and cup game show they’re a soft touch group lacking leadership.

Johnson will be gone very soon, not just because of tonight, but a number of reasons.

Fingers crossed in regards to your last sentence

truehibernian
23-08-2023, 06:59 PM
Fingers crossed in regards to your last sentence

He’ll be gone very soon 👍

Is It On....
23-08-2023, 07:00 PM

I hope that's an ITK statement 🤞

Scorrie
23-08-2023, 07:00 PM

Aye? Thank god for that

Pedantic_Hibee
23-08-2023, 07:01 PM

Care to expand on your last paragraph? And do you know for definite he’ll be gone very soon? And why?

SaulGoodman
23-08-2023, 07:04 PM

Hibs getting beat and people start posting vague “itk” posts about the team. Name a better combo.

GreenGray
23-08-2023, 07:04 PM
Modern football unfortunately.

I think the worst part about the popularity of the premier league is it gives horrible fan bases like that lot the chance to support their teams pump teams like us and take the piss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truehibernian
23-08-2023, 07:06 PM
Care to expand on your last paragraph? And do you know for definite he’ll be gone very soon? And why?

My info - and others may correct or verify - is that he texted players after the St Mirren defeat individually about their performance. Not only that he texted staff and ground staff - which went down badly and like a lead balloon. He’s also survived twice (Hearts game last season and Aberdeen) when if we’d lost he was getting sacked. The pre game prep for Andorra was questioned and ultimately proved an embarrassing loss too.

For those and other reasons, he won’t be here long. Maybe others will verify the above, but that’s my information from inside the club.

truehibernian
23-08-2023, 07:07 PM
Hibs getting beat and people start posting vague “itk” posts about the team. Name a better combo.

See above ☝️ it’s not vague.

degenerated
23-08-2023, 07:15 PM
See above [emoji3516] it’s not vague.Sounds legit

Cat Stanton
23-08-2023, 07:19 PM
My info - and others may correct or verify - is that he texted players after the St Mirren defeat individually about their performance. Not only that he texted staff and ground staff - which went down badly and like a lead balloon. He’s also survived twice (Hearts game last season and Aberdeen) when if we’d lost he was getting sacked. The pre game prep for Andorra was questioned and ultimately proved an embarrassing loss too.

For those and other reasons, he won’t be here long. Maybe others will verify the above, but that’s my information from inside the club.

Please tell me this is really true (him getting sacked, not his bonkers methods) because it's the only thing that will cheer me up tonight.

And if it is, do they have someone lined up because you can see us getting stuck at the bottom of the league if these inept, tactics-less performances continue.

truehibernian
23-08-2023, 07:26 PM
Sounds legit

Not sure if that was questioning my post, but texting and roasting a groundsman about ‘the grass being too long’ after a defeat (and on a perfect surface) doesn’t endear him to anyone - but again, I’m happy to be corrected and will happily correct that information if it’s wrong. That’s what I was told (amongst other things).

Cat Stanton
23-08-2023, 07:31 PM
Can I ask at what level the people telling you this are? High up? On the board? Or players?

Just trying to get a sense of how likely it is that this clown might really get punted.

truehibernian
23-08-2023, 07:42 PM
Can I ask at what level the people telling you this are? High up? On the board? Or players?

Just trying to get a sense of how likely it is that this clown might really get punted.

There’s way more iTK posters than me Cat, and I’m not going to say on a public forum - but I’ll reiterate, those that are very ITK can shoot me down on that information and I’m absolutely more than happy to correct it - but it came second hand from high up (in the club) if that helps.

Ironically I’m more angry at the Motherwell and St Mirren defeats than tonight - so -

truehibernian
23-08-2023, 07:44 PM

There’s way more iTK posters than me Cat, and I’m not going to say on a public forum - but I’ll reiterate, those that are very ITK can shoot me down on that information and I’m absolutely more than happy to correct it - but it came second hand from high up (in the club) if that helps.

Ironically I’m more angry at the Motherwell and St Mirren defeats than tonight -so it’s not because of tonight I’m upset, more that I think Johnson was a terrible appointment from the outset and I’m being proved right (posted when he was appointed exactly that too).

Cat Stanton
23-08-2023, 07:45 PM

Ironically I’m more angry at the Motherwell and St Mirren defeats than tonight - so -

OK, thanks.

And I share your anger. Tonight was awful, but yes, the other games have been worse.

seanshow
23-08-2023, 08:27 PM
I just want to add some perspective to my original post.

Luzern €2,349 avg p/w
Hibernian £2,114 avg p/w
Aston Villa - Digne Lucas Digne £163,462 p/w

I don't know jack sh*t about english football or the teams in it, don't follow it and have no interest in it.

Ive been going to watch Hibs since the late 70s but this is the reality of the situation, Guys tend to be stronger, think quicker and move faster if you pay them 150 grand a week.
(More likely to block crosses or not be sold a dummy and give away penalties)

... Those who are baying for blood re the manager, will do the same regardless.

The Spaceman
23-08-2023, 08:32 PM
I just want to add some perspective to my original post.

Luzern €2,349 avg p/w
Hibernian £2,114 avg p/w
Aston Villa - Digne Lucas Digne £163,462 p/w

I don't know jack sh*t about english football or the teams in it, don't follow it and have no interest in it.

Ive been going to watch Hibs since the late 70s but this is the reality of the situation, Guys tend to be stronger, think quicker and move faster if you pay them 150 grand a week.
(More likely to block crosses or not be sold a dummy and give away penalties)

... Those who are baying for blood re the manager, will do the same regardless.

It annoys me that the likes of the BBC and Sky never highlight these differences. They just say we’re **** and that’s it.

WhileTheChief..
23-08-2023, 08:35 PM
Finally some potential good news.

Really, really hope he goes soon and we can look forward with some enthusiasm.

uwxm07
23-08-2023, 08:44 PM
Having said that, Villa stuck four on Everton at the weekend and Everton have spent 500m putting that team together!

Villa fans said we were much better than Everton

Scorrie
23-08-2023, 08:45 PM

Don’t know if that makes me happy or sad!

Iain G
23-08-2023, 08:46 PM

That's like saying Herpes is better than Chlamydia 😁

Donegal Hibby
23-08-2023, 08:51 PM
Four-time… This is probably not the stick to beat LJ with.
Need a positive reaction against Livingston or else the heat is really on.

It isn't tbh though some on here will use it anyhow or any other stick they can get to beat LJ at any opportunity they get sadly.

Swedish hibee
23-08-2023, 08:53 PM
All that money and their trophy rooms been vacant since mid 90s and they'll never win the tourist league.
Villa are pish.

KWJ
23-08-2023, 08:55 PM
Yup, sad state of modern day football.

They were quite something.

hibbie02
23-08-2023, 09:23 PM
Just a bit of perspective. Villa spent 90 times the amount we spent this summer. Not a major shock they couls beat us at walking pace.

NAE NOOKIE
23-08-2023, 09:32 PM
Johnson isn't going to be pumped out over this game. But we simply must win against Livvi at the weekend or things will change, its the bread and butter that will do for him, not a heavy defeat to a team from a different universe.

All tonight highlighted was the absolute difference being able to pay multiple hundreds of millions putting a squad together gets you. In absolutely every aspect of the game their players were stronger, faster, technically superior, quicker of thought, cooler under pressure ... literally everything.

Don't get me wrong .. there's a whole pile of things we could have done better that will be talked about to the max, but the truth is we were never going to win this game, never mind the tie.