PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Aston Villa Away Tickets

Pretty Boy
22-08-2023, 10:31 AM
Now that the home game is sold out (or almost sold out) I thought a thread for away tickets was in order.

When do we reckon they will go on sale? If the system holds up I reckon we could be on for a record of quickest ever sell out of away tickets.

Hibernian Verse
22-08-2023, 10:32 AM
Now that the home game is sold out (or almost sold out) I thought a thread for away tickets was in order.

When do we reckon they will go on sale? If the system holds up I reckon we could be on for a record of quickest ever sell out of away tickets.

Should see them on sale tomorrow or Wednesday. Around 2000 available, unless Block 7 have their allocation prior to the rest of the ST holders.

Onceinawhile
22-08-2023, 10:50 AM
Should see them on sale tomorrow or Wednesday. Around 2000 available, unless Block 7 have their allocation prior to the rest of the ST holders.

In which case there'll be about 1975 available :greengrin

Franck Le God
22-08-2023, 10:51 AM
Wonder how many undercover Hibees we’ll end up with in the home end…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
22-08-2023, 10:53 AM
When trying to buy home tickets it was giving me option of buying one in the Doug Ellis Stand for away game didn’t try and buy it as not going but might be worth going on just now and see if it’s letting you buy one

BoomtownHibees
Hibs First members have until 10am tomorrow to buy. I’d guess they might wait until Thursday to put them on sale for STH

BoomtownHibees
When trying to buy home tickets it was giving me option of buying one in the Doug Ellis Stand for away game didn’t try and buy it as not going but might be worth going on just now and see if it’s letting you buy one

Let’s you add to basket but not purchase

bingo70
22-08-2023, 10:55 AM
Hibs First members have until 10am tomorrow to buy. I’d guess they might wait until Thursday to put them on sale for STH

Might wait and see if we get pumped tomorrow night first, that might influence how desperate some are to go.

BoomtownHibees
22-08-2023, 11:01 AM
On sale midday tomorrow

CallumLaidlaw
22-08-2023, 11:05 AM
So around 1500 for season ticket holders do we reckon? After Hibs first and players families

BoomtownHibees
22-08-2023, 11:07 AM
So around 1500 for season ticket holders do we reckon? After Hibs first and players families

Aye won’t be far off that

bingo70
22-08-2023, 11:21 AM

I wondered if that had taken into account those deductions already as I’m sure there away section held around 2,800

CallumLaidlaw
22-08-2023, 11:22 AM
I wondered if that had taken into account those deductions already as I’m sure there away section held around 2,800

Section Q3 is apparently usually part of the away allocation but is the only section that wasn’t on sale to Hibs First members. Wonder if it’s being used for segregation.

Lancs Harp
22-08-2023, 11:23 AM

Allocations are different for UEFA games. Just read on facebook from Official Hibs feed been allocated 2146

BoomtownHibees
22-08-2023, 11:23 AM

The wording of the email suggests it’s the 2,146 minus Hibs First etc:

“The stadium has a capacity for 42,640 spectators and the Club have been allocated the full visitors section totalling 2,146 tickets”

Chuck Rhoades
22-08-2023, 11:25 AM
The wording of the email suggests it’s the 2,146 minus Hibs First etc:

“The stadium has a capacity for 42,640 spectators and the Club have been allocated the full visitors section totalling 2,146 tickets”

Definitely this. Then you deduct:

500 Hibs First
Hospitality ST Holders
Sponsors
Staff
Players/Staff friends and family

Won’t be shy of 1k to above gone I reckon.

Hermit Crab
22-08-2023, 11:28 AM
2146 was our total allocation. Deduct at least 1000 off that and you've got your rough amount on sale tomorrow

MartinfaePorty
22-08-2023, 11:32 AM
Definitely this. Then you deduct:

500 Hibs First
Hospitality ST Holders
Sponsors
Staff
Players/Staff friends and family

Won’t be shy of 1k to above gone I reckon.

Couple of questions (purely for clarity, not for argument): Why would Hospitality ST holders get a ticket? Is it part of their package? Do staff / players get tickets with the fans, rather than in a 'Main' Stand e.g. some sort of corporate area? Cheers.

Pretty Boy
22-08-2023, 11:37 AM
How quickly after purchasing are tickets usually ready for collection? I'm at ER anyway on Friday so if I'm lucky it would be good to kill 2 birds with 1 stone (and I'm not trusting this to the post).

Hermit Crab
22-08-2023, 11:37 AM
Couple of questions (purely for clarity, not for argument): Why would Hospitality ST holders get a ticket? Is it part of their package? Do staff / players get tickets with the fans, rather than in a 'Main' Stand e.g. some sort of corporate area? Cheers.

Hospitality members used to be able to apply for away tickets, not sure if the is still the case.

Players and family members are regularly seen in the Hibs section at away games, Porto was in the Hibs end at Tynie a few times.

Uefa rules dictate that Home clubs must make at least 200 seats available (I think) in the hospitality section for players/staff to purchase if they wish.

Hermit Crab
22-08-2023, 11:38 AM
How quickly after purchasing are tickets usually ready for collection? I'm at ER anyway on Friday so if I'm lucky it would be good to kill 2 birds with 1 stone (and I/m not trusting this to the post).

Friday is the earliest day you can collect, suspect most will do that before the Livvy game.

Pretty Boy
22-08-2023, 11:41 AM
Friday is the earliest day you can collect, suspect most will do that before the Livvy game.

:aok::aok:

Hibernian Verse
22-08-2023, 11:43 AM
No one has deducted the Block 7 allocation

Hermit Crab
22-08-2023, 11:46 AM
No one has deducted the Block 7 allocation

Unfortunately we have no proof they have been allocated tickets because neither any of them, or the fans rep have come on to answer the questions posed to them.

.Sean.
22-08-2023, 11:52 AM
Unfortunately we have no proof they have been allocated tickets because neither any of them, or the fans rep have come on to answer the questions posed to them.
Strange, the question has been asked numerous times. Makes you wonder why nobody has gave a straight answer

Chorley Hibee
22-08-2023, 11:59 AM
Strange, the question has been asked numerous times. Makes you wonder why nobody has gave a straight answer

Particularly annoying is the seeming unwillingness of the fans representative to address the question.

Not much of a representative on this matter.

.Sean.
22-08-2023, 12:04 PM
Particularly annoying is the seeming unwillingness of the fans representative to address the question.

Not much of a representative on this matter.
Yep. I’ve asked twice, as have other posters. Straight answer would be nice!

Chorley Hibee
22-08-2023, 12:22 PM
Yep. I’ve asked twice, as have other posters. Straight answer would be nice!

You won't get one.

It will be an exercise in obfuscation and deflection as usual.

Pretty Boy
22-08-2023, 12:25 PM
When it comes to Block7 no answer is an answer in itself really. If the answer was 'no they get no priority' then it would have been communicated by now. Ignoring the question says it all.

Tbh I think it's a tricky one for the club. As a group they have a presence at every away game and I suppose you have to balance what they bring to the table against the negatives of their behaviour and also the potential to piss off ST holders.

Chorley Hibee
22-08-2023, 12:29 PM
When it comes to Block7 no answer is an answer in itself really. If the answer was 'no they get no priority' then it would have been communicated by now. Ignoring the question says it all.

Tbh I think it's a tricky one for the club. As a group they have a presence at every away game and I suppose you have to balance what they bring to the table against the negatives of their behaviour and also the potential to piss off ST holders.

I am a presence at every away game, why do they have priority over me, a person who's been following Hibs away since the 1980's?

Many hundreds like me unable to attain this level of priority either.

It's a joke to be honest.

Carheenlea
22-08-2023, 12:52 PM
Hibs really do need to clarify if Block 7 are getting tickets reserved.

It’s a simple yes or no.

If the group are members of Hibs First then everything is above board and getting allocated a particular section of away end is fine. If they are simply ST holders, but getting priority over others then it’s 100% not on.

Every ST holder outwith the HF membership deserves an equal chance to buy for what is arguably our biggest away game in a lifetime for many.

Cod Boy
22-08-2023, 12:52 PM

I think the silence probably tells it own story

Pretty Boy
22-08-2023, 12:55 PM
I am a presence at every away game, why do they have priority over me, a person who's been following Hibs away since the 1980's?

I'm not saying I agree with it, just trying to visualise it from the clubs point of view.

Hibernian Verse
22-08-2023, 12:57 PM
To be fair it has been kind of address. Block 7 get priority after other priority members.

The only priority members over and above STH is Hibs First. Ergo, they must be assigned tickets after Hibs First.

lyonhibs
22-08-2023, 12:57 PM

Ah, but do you bring a drum?

In all seriousness, unless they're Hibs First members, it's a huge OG from the club.

SickBoy32
22-08-2023, 01:00 PM
Shame the club couldn't just organise a standard loyalty points system, like virtually every other club - rather than trying to fleece as much cash as possible ala hibs first tory scheme

Also a total nonsense if these young boys are getting priority ahead of fans who've followed the team for decades

flash
22-08-2023, 01:04 PM
Maybe we all need to start chucking missiles on to the park and bullying other Hibbies out of their seats if we want priority tickets.

Ryan91
22-08-2023, 01:09 PM
Shame the club couldn't just organise a standard loyalty points system, like virtually every other club - rather than trying to fleece as much cash as possible ala hibs first tory scheme

Also a total nonsense if these young boys are getting priority ahead of fans who've followed the team for decades

The club had a loyalty programme a number of years ago, but people complained about it and the club done away with it.

Now we have a new "loyalty" scheme, but it's not the right kind of loyalty scheme.

Honestly, no matter what the club does, they're lambasted for it

SickBoy32
22-08-2023, 01:13 PM
The club had a loyalty programme a number of years ago, but people complained about it and the club done away with it.

Now we have a new "loyalty" scheme, but it's not the right kind of loyalty scheme.

IIRC, the club were only lambasted previously when they changed the goalposts and allowed folk to throw in £££ to gain X number of loyalty points

Operate a normal loyalty points scheme, like every other club, and I fail to see how anyone could possibly complain

The loyalty points could've been used for both the tie at ER, and the away leg - resulting in a fairer distribution of tickets for all

As it stands, I personally know of 6 people (who were not in Switzerland) who have secured a ticket for Villa Park simply by paying the £50 in the summer. There will likely be hundreds of folk who were in Lucerne who will miss out next week - fair?

Chorley Hibee
22-08-2023, 01:14 PM

People complained about it because the club messed it up and started awarding points for stuff rather than attendance.

It was the club that made a balls up of it, and they're making a huge error of judgement with this secret priority channel that a limited few have access to.

It would be nice if the fans rep could represent the majority of fans on this one, and not be a mouthpiece for the club instead.

bingo70
22-08-2023, 01:15 PM

Maybe the loyalty scheme we had before wasn’t a good one and that’s why people complained?

The new scheme doesn’t really reward loyalty, it rewards people willing to gamble £50.

Fair play to everyone who did, I certainly wish I did it so I don’t say that with any bitterness, I just don’t think Hibs first necessarily rewards loyalty, it’s a different thing altogether.

I stand to potentially benefit from there being no loyalty scheme as I wouldn’t have as many points as others so it’s a good thing for me but I struggle to understand how so many other similar size and bigger clubs can have a loyalty scheme but Hibs can’t?

Broxburn Greens
22-08-2023, 01:25 PM
Maybe the loyalty scheme we had before wasn’t a good one and that’s why people complained?

The new scheme doesn’t really reward loyalty, it rewards people willing to gamble £50.

Fair play to everyone who did, I certainly wish I did it so I don’t say that with any bitterness, I just don’t think Hibs first necessarily rewards loyalty, it’s a different thing altogether.

I stand to potentially benefit from there being no loyalty scheme as I wouldn’t have as many points as others so it’s a good thing for me but I struggle to understand how so many other similar size and bigger clubs can have a loyalty scheme but Hibs can’t?

There never seems to be a way that people stop moaning about.

A way to sperate the ST holders for this game might have been based on attendance at the previous rounds (home & away)...

HF Members first sale
ST holders that attended all 4 European games previous this season
ST holders that attended 3/4 European games previous this season
ST holders that attended 2/4 European games previous this season
ST holders that attended 1/4 European games previous this season
All remaining ST holders
General Sale :greengrin

Maybe that's over complicated or a load of old pony, but, it makes sense to me and for reference I'd be in the 4th sale down so even less chance than I have now as I haven't been to an away leg (yet) this season but I do think those who went to both Andorra & Switzerland should be recognised for that.

.Sean.
22-08-2023, 01:27 PM

The club deserve to be lambasted for giving them priority tickets if it is the case. Why should they get them?

Carheenlea
22-08-2023, 01:33 PM
The allocation for Villa Park is similar in size to our average travelling support. Maybe just over it.

A Loyalty Point system would have ensured the vast majority of the regular attendees would get tickets. Block 7 included.

declan macmanus
22-08-2023, 01:50 PM
There’s a poster on Facebook (Carl Macar) saying that he got his ticket for the home and the away game via Block 7. Make of that what you will

The post has been deleted now [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-08-2023, 02:16 PM
There’s a poster on Facebook (Carl Macar) saying that he got his ticket for the home and the away game via Block 7. Make of that what you will

The post has been deleted now [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think we all know what his punishment should be! 😁

nonshinyfinish
22-08-2023, 02:28 PM
Wow, that's some old-school hibs.net folklore.

southern hibby
22-08-2023, 02:34 PM
Maybe I’ll no bother joining the AST scheme next year and save £50. I’ll just join block 7 instead and get ( potentially and not confirmed yet ) tickets for away games allocated to me through this avenue instead.

GGTTH

wazoo1875
22-08-2023, 02:45 PM
I think we all know what his punishment should be! 😁

😂😂😂

DIXIHIBS
22-08-2023, 05:49 PM
Quick question for someone with knowledge:agree:. Going to apply for away ticket tmrow for myself and one other. How do i link the 2 accounts on hibs website....im a bit thick and cant see how to do it. Cheers. Ps we are both ST holders before i get a row:wink:.

Hibernian Verse
22-08-2023, 05:55 PM
Quick question for someone with knowledge:agree:. Going to apply for away ticket tmrow for myself and one other. How do i link the 2 accounts on hibs website....im a bit thick and cant see how to do it. Cheers. Ps we are both ST holders before i get a row:wink:.

Go into your account then my network then add client ref

Chuck Rhoades
22-08-2023, 05:57 PM
Do people realise a lot of B7 are HibsFirst and entitled to a ticket in the same way other HF are? I’d agree if they had a block of 100 then something else going on. They also tend to not sit in allocated seats and bunch in (diff issue) given impression of a larger block.

Chuck Rhoades
22-08-2023, 06:01 PM
Wonder how many the HSA branches got too - the ones that run regular buses get an allocation for every away match.

DIXIHIBS
22-08-2023, 06:03 PM
Go into your account then my network then add client ref

Sorted. Thanks for the info:not worth

Hermit Crab
22-08-2023, 06:28 PM
Wonder how many the HSA branches got too - the ones that run regular buses get an allocation for every away match.

That doesn't happen anymore, when it did it was well before the loyalty points scheme started and it was also when we never sold out any away game because we were crap. Talking 10 years ago at least.

DH1875
22-08-2023, 07:13 PM
Do people realise a lot of B7 are HibsFirst and entitled to a ticket in the same way other HF are? I’d agree if they had a block of 100 then something else going on. They also tend to not sit in allocated seats and bunch in (diff issue) given impression of a larger block.

There was a guy on another thread saying they got 3 tickets for the home game through Block 7 and that only one of the three were season ticket holders.

BoomtownHibees
22-08-2023, 07:17 PM
There was a guy on another thread saying they got 3 tickets for the home game through Block 7 and that only one of the three were season ticket holders.

Non STH were able to buy tickets on Friday

CapitalGreen
22-08-2023, 07:18 PM

For a period of time on Friday, season ticket holders could buy as many tickets as they wished.

Brooster
22-08-2023, 07:30 PM

Absolute bollox.

DIXIHIBS
22-08-2023, 07:38 PM

None

lyonhibs
22-08-2023, 08:01 PM
For a period of time on Friday, season ticket holders could buy as many tickets as they wished.

Not quite true. It was still 1 per client reference but the requirement for each client ref to belong to a ST holder hasn't been activated as I understand it.

Billy Whizz
22-08-2023, 08:05 PM

To be fair Bingo, 350 or so have been going for a good few years without paying anything, except buying a ticket for every away game

I’m surprised Kensell has not thought through the financial benefits to Hibs of a proper loyalty scheme. As an example we had a low crowd v Raith, if we had a scheme in place, it might have encouraged more attending fans get nearer to getting a ticket for the likes of Tynie away

Godsahibby
22-08-2023, 08:12 PM
Section Q3 is apparently usually part of the away allocation but is the only section that wasn’t on sale to Hibs First members. Wonder if it’s being used for segregation.

Q3 was on offer to those with priority access as “premium general admission”

marinello59
22-08-2023, 08:18 PM
The club deserve to be lambasted for giving them priority tickets if it is the case. Why should they get them?

The club may have questions to answer, not so sure they should be lambasted until answers ,if any, were given.
Block 7 shouldn’t be getting any flak, if they are offered tickets of course they will take them, who wouldn’t?

CapitalGreen
22-08-2023, 08:20 PM
Not quite true. It was still 1 per client reference but the requirement for each client ref to belong to a ST holder hasn't been activated as I understand it.

Nope, I bought 6 tickets on Friday and they are all assigned to my own client reference number.

LaMotta
22-08-2023, 08:21 PM

What does that mean? :hmmm:

To Hibs fans or Villa fans?

lyonhibs
22-08-2023, 08:22 PM
The club may have questions to answer, not so sure they should be lambasted until answers ,if any, were given.
Block 7 shouldn’t be getting any flak, if they are offered tickets of course they will take them, who wouldn’t?

I think a, or the, issue may be that the question has seemingly been asked via various channels without any answers being forthcoming which could be seen to tell its own story

LaMotta
22-08-2023, 08:23 PM
To be fair Bingo, 350 or so have been going for a good few years without paying anything, except buying a ticket for every away game

I’m surprised Kensell has not thought through the financial benefits to Hibs of a proper loyalty scheme. As an example we had a low crowd v Raith, if we had a scheme in place, it might have encouraged more attending fans get nearer to getting a ticket for the likes of Tynie away

:agree: This is where a loyalty scheme would benefit the club greatly.

Billy Whizz
22-08-2023, 08:24 PM
No one should be lambasting KP, he’s not the decision maker, just passes on what the club want him to say

lyonhibs
22-08-2023, 08:28 PM
No one should be lambasting KP, he’s not the decision maker, just passes on what the club want him to say

Agree 💯

CapitalGreen
22-08-2023, 08:29 PM

It’s definitely a contributory factor to the strength of Hearts attendances. I work with a Hearts season ticket holder who has often said they couldn’t be bothered going to certain games during a bad run but they didn’t want to miss out on the loyalty points.

S4uzee
22-08-2023, 08:31 PM

A very good point

Clarence
22-08-2023, 08:33 PM
What does that mean? :hmmm:

To Hibs fans or Villa fans?

Hibs

LaMotta
22-08-2023, 08:35 PM
Hibs

So what is premium general admission? Q3 were the best seats in the away section but they weren't available to Hibs first members. Who gets premium general admission?

Chuck Rhoades
22-08-2023, 08:35 PM
Absolute bollox.

Correct me where I’m wrong then but they used to - I travelled on what was the “Sunny Leither” from Jayne’s for many a year and got away tickets through them. Carlton had the same. If that’s in the past now then I’m mistaken, but certainly not bollocks, it used to happen.

marinello59
22-08-2023, 08:47 PM
Correct me where I’m wrong then but they used to - I travelled on what was the “Sunny Leither” from Jayne’s for many a year and got away tickets through them. Carlton had the same. If that’s in the past now then I’m mistaken, but certainly not bollocks, it used to happen.

It did but it doesn’t now.

Hermit Crab
22-08-2023, 08:52 PM

Hibs First? That was never on sale.

Chorley Hibee
22-08-2023, 08:57 PM

He's there as the representative of the support, and he should be making our displeasure known where appropriate.

He shouldn't be merely repeating whatever line the board want him to.

Broxburn Greens
22-08-2023, 09:16 PM
He's there as the representative of the support, and he should be making our displeasure known where appropriate.

This exactly.

There’s questions to be answered here.

The home ticketing fiasco?

Have non HF members and possibly even non ST holders been given preferential treatment for tickets so the can go break some more seats?

green day
22-08-2023, 09:19 PM

He's actually employed part time by the club, which (imo) is not ideal.

Since90+2
22-08-2023, 09:33 PM
Absolute bollox.

Did it not used to happen at Tynecastle? Pretty sure they were happy with the arrangement when it benefited them.

Leith Green
22-08-2023, 09:38 PM
It’s definitely a contributory factor to the strength of Hearts attendances. I work with a Hearts season ticket holder who has often said they couldn’t be bothered going to certain games during a bad run but they didn’t want to miss out on the loyalty points.

Same with a Celtic supporter I know. Once you are at the point of getting a ticket for every away game , then he cant miss away games or he drops back down the priority order. It would definitely improve our away attendances as folk wont want to miss out through non attendance

wookie70
22-08-2023, 10:07 PM
Same with a Celtic supporter I know. Once you are at the point of getting a ticket for every away game , then he cant miss away games or he drops back down the priority order. It would definitely improve our away attendances as folk wont want to miss out through non attendance Home cup games too. I hardly missed a game when the loyalty points were on offer. My circumstances are different now but my views are still the same. Those who go to most away games should get priority. That doesn't include me any more and the club don't value it so I'll take my chances tomorrow. Not having a loyalty scheme says to me we expect not to have big games and is a small club mentality.

Franck Le God
23-08-2023, 09:08 AM
Just had an email saying my ticket in the home end had been cancelled.

bingo70
23-08-2023, 09:10 AM

Really? ****s sake.

What stand are you in?

Franck Le God
23-08-2023, 09:12 AM
Really? ****s sake.

What stand are you in?

Doug Ellis M1. I’m sure I could contact them and argue I’m a Villa fan who lives up here but can’t be bothered.

DIXIHIBS
23-08-2023, 09:18 AM

Just received one as well. Is it not a ticket confirmation? Unsure if it says ticket cancelled...

lyonhibs
23-08-2023, 09:21 AM

Oooooof if there what's happened I'd imagine they'll be sweeping through Scottish addresses and cancelling tickets purchased by profiles with no prior purchase history.

Hopefully not

bingo70
Just received one as well. Is it not a ticket confirmation? Unsure if it says ticket cancelled...

Surely the email will say if it’s confirmation or cancellation?

I’m confused by the confusion 😂

Broxburn Greens

Nothing like that here, I do have my confirmation and e-tickets though.

mcohibs
23-08-2023, 09:22 AM

It’s confusing. It says ticket confirmation but in the price section it she ‘returned’. I’ve got one as well

Pretty Boy
23-08-2023, 09:23 AM

Is he a representative of the support now? He was initially elected as a fans rep by the fans but those positions were abolished.

He is now our Supporters Liaison Officer. It's a role that has a lot of crossover but it is an appointed role so KP is no longer an elected fans rep and therefore I suppose you could argue not directly representative of or answerable to the fans. The SLO is actually a requirement for all clubs competing in UEFA competitions.

Fwiw I think KP has done a good job in both roles he has had.

DIXIHIBS
23-08-2023, 09:24 AM
Surely the email will say if it’s confirmation or cancellation?

I’m confused by the confusion 😂

Its says its confirmation but also states further down that ticket price....returned. unclear tbh.

lyonhibs
23-08-2023, 09:26 AM
Its says its confirmation but also states further down that ticket price....returned. unclear tbh.

Someone needs to be brave enough to query that with Villa and share the bad/good news.....