PDA

View Full Version : Villa all over .net

One Day Soon
22-08-2023, 10:09 AM
With 11 (now 12) threads on the front page with Villa in the title and about another 6 or so arguably Villa related is this a .net record for one theme dominating so many first page threads?

J-C
22-08-2023, 10:23 AM
Maybe as you've just started another one.

HITSB6
22-08-2023, 10:25 AM

:greengrin

HITSB6
22-08-2023, 10:26 AM
We are clearly the biggest sports team in the world no doubt about it from a humble Villa fan.

ErinGoBraghHFC
22-08-2023, 10:29 AM
We are clearly the biggest sports team in the world no doubt about it from a humble Villa fan.

Can’t be, that’s hearts remember?[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Day Soon
22-08-2023, 10:34 AM

That was the "(now 12)"

Keith_M
22-08-2023, 10:37 AM

A humble Villa Fan?

That's a first! :wink:

One Day Soon
22-08-2023, 10:40 AM
I looked at some of the Villa fan sites. Let's just say we're not featuring quite so prominently...

HITSB6
22-08-2023, 10:41 AM
A humble Villa Fan?

Probably some truth in your statement...

22-08-2023, 10:50 AM
That was the "(now 12)"

Great album!
https://i.ibb.co/6N5vVnW/now-12-r.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

22-08-2023, 10:51 AM
A humble Villa Fan?

More humble than the other one that's on here. 😀

Keith_M
22-08-2023, 11:03 AM
Probably some truth in your statement...

TBF, you were European Champions many moons ago, so quite right to be proud of your history.

I've got a lot of respect for Villa, and was even at school (a very long time ago) with a Villan.

Iain G
22-08-2023, 11:04 AM
Is this a time share scam?

NAE NOOKIE
22-08-2023, 11:23 AM

Nah, as has already been said, that's Heart of Midlothian mate. Only tight space around their place has stopped them building an 80,000 capacity stadium, Villa are small fry :greengrin

Know your reply was tongue in cheek, but the truth is Villa are the biggest club from a foreign country to visit Easter Road in a competitive match for a good few decades, chuck in the SJM factor ( a legend at this club ) and this is what you get. If it had been a 'name' from Spain or Germany or Italy the build up on here and demand for tickets would have been pretty well the same.

Its all about circumstances ... we sold out Easter Road last season for a league game against St Johnston because walk ups got in for a tenner ... gives this a bit of perspective no :greengrin

HarpOnHibee
22-08-2023, 11:40 AM
We need an Aston Villa vs Lee Johnson thread count thread.

HITSB6
22-08-2023, 01:19 PM
Nah, as has already been said, that's Heart of Midlothian mate. Only tight space around their place has stopped them building an 80,000 capacity stadium, Villa are small fry :greengrin

Know your reply was tongue in cheek, but the truth is Villa are the biggest club from a foreign country to visit Easter Road in a competitive match for a good few decades, chuck in the SJM factor ( a legend at this club ) and this is what you get. If it had been a 'name' from Spain or Germany or Italy the build up on here and demand for tickets would have been pretty well the same.

Its all about circumstances ... we sold out Easter Road last season for a league game against St Johnston because walk ups got in for a tenner ... gives this a bit of perspective no :greengrin

I find that pretty interesting really as one of the biggest teams in Scotland feels that way about Villa. The last time I would say we were treated as the big show in town etc would be quite a few of the championship teams we played 18/19.

One Day Soon
22-08-2023, 03:00 PM
Great album!
https://i.ibb.co/6N5vVnW/now-12-r.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

That track listing is almost unremittingly awful. It's actually hard to choose the worst song on it there are so many contenders.

Eyrie
22-08-2023, 10:10 PM
That track listing is almost unremittingly awful. It's actually hard to choose the worst song on it there are so many contenders.

Only one song on it that I'd consider to be music. I wouldn't wish the others on a Jambo.

Hibby70
22-08-2023, 11:02 PM

It's like the scene in Clockwork Orange where they keep his eyes open and show loads of violence. I'd crack after track 3 I reckon.

ehf
22-08-2023, 11:15 PM
Only one song on it that I'd consider to be music. I wouldn't wish the others on a Jambo.

Scritti Politti, one would hope.

NAE NOOKIE
23-08-2023, 12:39 AM
I find that pretty interesting really as one of the biggest teams in Scotland feels that way about Villa. The last time I would say we were treated as the big show in town etc would be quite a few of the championship teams we played 18/19.

I don't see why really.

Nobody is ever going to pretend that Scotland's top football league is even in the top 10 of European leagues, at least financially. We might be the 4th / 5th biggest club in that league, but the fact that the alleged £700,000 we have just paid for Dylan Vente is only by a small margin the 2nd highest transfer fee we have ever paid for a player in just short of 124 years should tell you everything you need to know about the difference in size between us and Villa, who this summer have spent a total of 88 million quid on just two players ... funnily enough our most expensive buy was then sold to Aston Villa.

Its pretty well accepted that the EPL is the biggest and richest league in the world .. where are Aston Villa in that football firmament? If not by finances or trophies won in the last 30 or so years, then at least by crowd size and the fact that you have won the European cup probably the 8th biggest club in the league. If that doesn't make drawing you in Europe a 'big deal' then I'm buggered if I know what constitutes one. I'm pretty sure a fan of a Dutch, Swedish, Potuguese or Turkish club would feel the same.

Just so you know though. Don't labour under any misconceptions that the support of this club are gushing like some teenage girl at a McFly concert because the mighty Aston Villa ( or any other EPL club ) are coming to town. Before football was all about money this club was the first British club to play in European competition. The first British club to beat Real Madrid and the first British club to knock Barcelona out of Europe .. 3 - 2 at Easter Road .. 4 - 4 at the Nou Camp.

In European competition in the 60s and 70s here's some of our other home results:

Valencia ... 2 - 1
Valencia ... 2 -0
Porto ....... 3 - 0
Napoli ...... 5 - 0 ... yes that's 5 - 0 with the legendary Dino Zoff in goals
Hamburg .. 2 - 1
Sporting Lisbon ... 6 ( six ) 1
Leeds United 0 - 0 ... I only include that because it was arguably the greatest side in their history, the away leg was 0 - 0 too.
Liverpool 1 - 0

This club has a proud European history having made the semi finals of the European and Fairs cups. We are happy to be entertaining a club like Aston Villa with a proud history of their own and from the world's biggest league and no doubt about it our fans are excited for the encounter .... But make no mistake, if it comes down to history you are just as privileged to be playing us
:cb

HITSB6
23-08-2023, 06:52 AM
I don't see why really.

Nobody is ever going to pretend that Scotland's top football league is even in the top 10 of European leagues, at least financially. We might be the 4th / 5th biggest club in that league, but the fact that the alleged £700,000 we have just paid for Dylan Vente is only by a small margin the 2nd highest transfer fee we have ever paid for a player in just short of 124 years should tell you everything you need to know about the difference in size between us and Villa, who this summer have spent a total of 88 million quid on just two players ... funnily enough our most expensive buy was then sold to Aston Villa.

Its pretty well accepted that the EPL is the biggest and richest league in the world .. where are Aston Villa in that football firmament? If not by finances or trophies won in the last 30 or so years, then at least by crowd size and the fact that you have won the European cup probably the 8th biggest club in the league. If that doesn't make drawing you in Europe a 'big deal' then I'm buggered if I know what constitutes one. I'm pretty sure a fan of a Dutch, Swedish, Potuguese or Turkish club would feel the same.

Just so you know though. Don't labour under any misconceptions that the support of this club are gushing like some teenage girl at a McFly concert because the mighty Aston Villa ( or any other EPL club ) are coming to town. Before football was all about money this club was the first British club to play in European competition. The first British club to beat Real Madrid and the first British club to knock Barcelona out of Europe .. 3 - 2 at Easter Road .. 4 - 4 at the Nou Camp.

In European competition in the 60s and 70s here's some of our other home results:

Valencia ... 2 - 1
Valencia ... 2 -0
Porto ....... 3 - 0
Hamburg .. 2 - 1
Leeds United 0 - 0 ... I only include that because it was arguably the greatest side in their history, the away leg was 0 - 0 too.
Liverpool 1 - 0

This club has a proud European history having made the semi finals of the European and Fairs cups. We are happy to be entertaining a club like Aston Villa with a proud history of their own and from the world's biggest league and no doubt about it our fans are excited for the encounter .... But make no mistake, if it comes down to history you are just as privileged to be playing us

All I can say is that was an impressive post.

scm70nyd1973
23-08-2023, 07:48 AM

Totally agree - Disc 1 track 10 is an epic but Disc 2 track 2 is a polar opposite (but the video wasn’t too bad to be fair)

scm70nyd1973
23-08-2023, 07:50 AM
All I can say is that was an impressive post.

I’ll add in “very” 👍

23-08-2023, 07:59 AM
Totally agree - Disc 1 track 10 is an epic but Disc 2 track 2 is a polar opposite (but the video wasn’t too bad to be fair)

Everyday is like Sunday. I'd take that, a 2-1 home win again (sorry Vente 🔴👃).

leith lynx
23-08-2023, 08:08 AM
I don't see why really.

Valencia ... 2 - 1
Valencia ... 2 -0
Porto ....... 3 - 0
Hamburg .. 2 - 1
Liverpool 1 - 0

Fantastic post, get them telt! GGTTH

lapsedhibee
23-08-2023, 01:08 PM
I don't see why really.

Valencia ... 2 - 1
Valencia ... 2 -0
Porto ....... 3 - 0
Hamburg .. 2 - 1
Liverpool 1 - 0

Leeds 1-1 as well. Jolly Jack Charlton scored for them late on.

Clarence Beeks
23-08-2023, 01:30 PM
I don't see why really.

Valencia ... 2 - 1
Valencia ... 2 -0
Porto ....... 3 - 0
Hamburg .. 2 - 1
Liverpool 1 - 0

Righteous, fair play. For what it's worth I think there's a healthy respect from our end towards Hibs, a slight sense of faded glory in both clubs and not the spoilt ******* win at all costs mentality of Old Firm or the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal, but a history to be proud of.

Tha Cabbage Kid
23-08-2023, 02:24 PM

:faf:

HITSB6
23-08-2023, 07:38 PM
We beat Johnson 5 nil again wonder how he'll criticise us this time 😄

Iain G
23-08-2023, 07:39 PM
We beat Johnson 5 nil again wonder how he'll criticise us this time 😄

Probably by saying you should have scored 8! You showed weakness and let us off the hook and Doidge and La Fondre will rip you to shreds next week 🤣