PDA

View Full Version : League Cup Draw - Hibs v St Mirren

hibee_girl
21-08-2023, 07:35 PM
Just in case anyone has missed it.

It's been confirmed for Wednesday 27th September, 7.45 k.o.

Scouse Hibee
21-08-2023, 11:30 PM
Just in case anyone has missed it.

It's been confirmed for Wednesday 27th September, 7.45 k.o.

Perfect for my night off 👍

Diclonius
22-08-2023, 12:01 PM
Assume Hibs TV will get this? It's not on Viaplay.

hibee_girl
08-09-2023, 09:49 AM
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/st-mirren-h-tickets-hospitality-mascot-packages

Tickets on sale now to season ticket holders

overdrive
08-09-2023, 09:57 AM
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/st-mirren-h-tickets-hospitality-mascot-packages

Really disappointed the FF is closed again, especially against top flight opposition. I hope they don't do this for the Scottish Cup as well should we be drawn at home.

mvteng
08-09-2023, 10:03 AM

No Seat Reservations & no Season Ticket discount?

JimBHibees
08-09-2023, 10:08 AM
Really disappointed the FF is closed again, especially against top flight opposition. I hope they don't do this for the Scottish Cup as well should we be drawn at home.

Seems a little odd no famous five open.

Hiber-nation
08-09-2023, 10:15 AM
No Seat Reservations & no Season Ticket discount?

Back to having to hover over all the seats till you find your own. Pain in the erky.

Diclonius
08-09-2023, 10:32 AM

That is utterly bizarre.

Hibernian Verse
08-09-2023, 10:50 AM
That is utterly bizarre.

Saves on stewarding costs and catering staff. It's sensible that they sell the best two stands first but it's frustrating as my seat in the West has already been taken.

NAE NOOKIE
08-09-2023, 10:51 AM
That is utterly bizarre.

Totally. Even with no discount available I can easily see this game getting a crowd north of 14,000, the way St Mirren have started the season and with us no doubt by then having a new manager it's an extremely attractive game as far as I can see, I for one wouldn't miss it.

JimBHibees
08-09-2023, 10:52 AM
That is utterly bizarre.

Especially against a Premier team in a home quarter final. See the point playing against lower league teams in early rounds. You would think they would want singing section behind the goal also.

JimBHibees
08-09-2023, 10:53 AM
Totally. Even with no discount available I can easily see this game getting a crowd north of 14,000, the way St Mirren have started the season and with us no doubt by then having a new manager it's an extremely attractive game as far as I can see, I for one wouldn't miss it.

Agree totally. Saints likely to bring possibly couple of thousand.

DH1875
08-09-2023, 10:54 AM
Do we think there is potential for fans to miss out?

JimBHibees
08-09-2023, 10:55 AM
Do we think there is potential for fans to miss out?

Would think probably not but a bit of a hassle if a ff st

Scouse Hibee
08-09-2023, 10:56 AM
Got our own seats so happy.

NAE NOOKIE
08-09-2023, 10:58 AM
Saves on stewarding costs and catering staff. It's sensible that they sell the best two stands first but it's frustrating as my seat in the West has already been taken.

I'm a ST holder in the FF upper and would want to sit in my normal seat for this game. In this case not opening the stand until sales in the other stands demands it ( which it undoubtedly will IMO ) simply means that folk like you are going to miss out on their normal seats because of folk like me, should I decide not to wait until they open the FF.

Hibernian Verse
08-09-2023, 11:01 AM

Not a chance this gets 14k on a Wednesday night when it's either Hampden next or nothing. Quarter finals are really poorly attended.

2018 - Home v Aberdeen 11,000

hibee-boys
08-09-2023, 11:02 AM
No danger will we be selling out both the West and East for this game. However, I’d have opened up the bottom of the FF for the singing section at least🤷🏼

Hibernian Verse
08-09-2023, 11:05 AM
I'm a ST holder in the FF upper and would want to sit in my normal seat for this game. In this case not opening the stand until sales in the other stands demands it ( which it undoubtedly will IMO ) simply means that folk like you are going to miss out on their normal seats because of folk like me, should I decide not to wait until they open the FF.

Is what it is. I'd rather the club saved money where possible it's not a big deal.

Blaster
08-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Not a major issue but don’t understand why East and West can’t buy their own reserved seats till Monday, FF get from Monday-Wednesday to get next chance then public sale?

Scouse Hibee
08-09-2023, 11:10 AM
Not a major issue but don’t understand why East and West can’t buy their own reserved seats till Monday, FF get from Monday-Wednesday to get next chance then public sale?

I agree but I guess they think it’s fairer to the FF ST holders that no one has a reserved seat?

Blaster
08-09-2023, 11:12 AM
I agree but I guess they think it’s fairer to the FF ST holders that no one has a reserved seat?

I do get that mate, I just think you are annoying all season ticket holders rather than just the FF the way they are doing it.

Scouse Hibee
08-09-2023, 11:13 AM
I do get that mate, I just think you are annoying all season ticket holders rather than just the FF the way they are doing it.

Yeah totally agree.

overdrive
08-09-2023, 11:17 AM

Yep, folk like me could potentially lose out twice. Can't get our own seat and then have to fight over the remaining seats.

My dad who has recently gone through cancer treatment so hasn't been at any of the games this season is aiming for this to be his first match back. Without being too graphic, he needs to have as easy access to a toilet as possible so I was straight in getting an aisle seat as near to the exit as possible. That probably wouldn't have been possible had ST holders in the East/West got first dibs.

Scouse Hibee
08-09-2023, 11:21 AM
Yep, folk like me could potentially lose out twice. Can't get our own seat and then have to fight over the remaining seats.

My dad who has recently gone through cancer treatment so hasn't been at any of the games this season is aiming for this to be his first match back. Without being too graphic, he needs to have as easy access to a toilet as possible so I was straight in getting an aisle seat as near to the exit as possible. That probably wouldn't have been possible had ST holders in the East/West got first dibs.

Hope your Dad enjoys getting back to ER mate and glad you were able to get sorted for an ideal seat. 👍

Carheenlea
08-09-2023, 11:30 AM
Because I’m front row of west upper it was easy enough to navigate the map to find my regular seat but trying to find the correct one in middle of east may be more of a challenge!

Quarter Final of one of two chances to win silverware in a home tie - you’ve got to be expecting a big turnout surely? Not putting the FF on sale seems a very defeatist outlook. As a result, more might be inclined to stay away if the club themselves are les enthusiastic about promoting the tie in a positive manner.

NAE NOOKIE
08-09-2023, 11:32 AM
Not a chance this gets 14k on a Wednesday night when it's either Hampden next or nothing. Quarter finals are really poorly attended.

2018 - Home v Aberdeen 11,000

We haven't had a home game since Livvi on the 26th of August and only have 3 home games this month, including this one, two of which are on folk's STs. After Dundee on the 30th of September we don't have another home fixture until the 28th of October against Celtic.

Provided our new manager gets off to a decent start against Killie and St Johnstone and St Mirren continue their decent form I would certainly expect this game to reach a home attendance of a good bit over the approx 12,500 the East and West can hold between them. If it doesn't the marketing folk at Hibs need a bit of a kicking, especially as the game isn't on the telly .. that we know of.

Hibernian Verse
08-09-2023, 11:41 AM
We haven't had a home game since Livvi on the 26th of August and only have 3 home games this month, including this one, two of which are on folk's STs. After Dundee on the 30th of September we don't have another home fixture until the 28th of October against Celtic.

Provided our new manager gets off to a decent start against Killie and St Johnstone and St Mirren continue their decent form I would certainly expect this game to reach a home attendance of a good bit over the approx 12,500 the East and West can hold between them. If it doesn't the marketing folk at Hibs need a bit of a kicking, especially as the game isn't on the telly .. that we know of.

They will open the FF if these sell out, but they won't have to.

It's not the Hibs marketing team's fault. The core support will be there.

BILLYHIBS
08-09-2023, 12:02 PM
Need to take this competition seriously one of two we have a chance of winning even more so now Celtic are out

Will miss the atmosphere of the FF lower but the East have more than given a good account of themselves in recent games and will be reinforced by Block 7

Hoping for a new Manager bounce

As others have said frustrating having to find your own unreserved seat for a dinosaur like me and no discount to boot

B.H.F.C
08-09-2023, 12:16 PM

Don’t think it’s anything to do with the marketing folk. Everyone knows it’s a quarter final but home supports (not just us) are generally poor for these type of games midweek. I remember being up at Tannadice a couple of years ago for the quarter and they only had the lower tiers of two stands open and they weren’t remotely close to full.

1van Sprou7e
08-09-2023, 12:29 PM
The league cup always has poor attendances. Even Celtic and rangers don't sell out

Don't know why people seem to forget this every year

NAE NOOKIE
08-09-2023, 12:31 PM
They will open the FF if these sell out, but they won't have to.

It's not the Hibs marketing team's fault. The core support will be there.

I would contend that this is the sort of game where a club would hope to have better than it's 'core support' in attendance. It's a quarter final in one of only two competitions we have any hope of winning, especially this year now that Celtic are out. It will be under the lights at a normal KO time and hopefully the weather will be decent.
The other thing is that unless we draw Sevco, Hearts or Aberdeen there's every chance any semi we play will be at Tynecastle, where we have a bloody good record in semi finals.

We are playing a premier league club who will be a tough test and as I've already said, after it we only have one home game until nearly a month later. In short, this is a game Hibs should be pushing vigorously. Hell, we should be trying to sell it out, not sending signals that we think the best we can manage is a home support short of 12,000.

SON OF PADDY
08-09-2023, 12:32 PM
Finally managed to get our own seat's in the west lower, but what a hassle.
Surely in this day and age,it can't be hard to have a interactive map showing seats numbers?

1van Sprou7e
08-09-2023, 12:38 PM
I would contend that this is the sort of game where a club would hope to have better than it's 'core support' in attendance. It's a quarter final in one of only two competitions we have any hope of winning, especially this year now that Celtic are out. It will be under the lights at a normal KO time and hopefully the weather will be decent.
The other thing is that unless we draw Sevco, Hearts or Aberdeen there's every chance any semi we play will be at Tynecastle, where we have a bloody good record in semi finals.

We are playing a premier league club who will be a tough test and as I've already said, after it we only have one home game until nearly a month later. In short, this is a game Hibs should be pushing vigorously. Hell, we should be trying to sell it out, not sending signals that we think the best we can manage is a home support short of 12,000.

I think all semis are now at Hampden?

NAE NOOKIE
08-09-2023, 01:07 PM
I think all semis are now at Hampden?

Imagine, Ross County v Killie ... jeezo.

Hibernian Verse
08-09-2023, 01:09 PM

Me and you will be there, unfortunately it's not a big draw. Cups are different, we either win and go to the next round or lose and you're out. It's just not that attractive to folk as they will just go to Hampden instead if we get through.

Even then, many will "just" go to the final. Our Semi-Final crowds are terrible.

Nicho87
08-09-2023, 01:19 PM
Only a competition the fans and club care about once you get to the semis……

Brightside
08-09-2023, 01:23 PM
Make it guaranteed final ticket if we qualify and it will soon fill up.

Donegal Hibby
08-09-2023, 02:26 PM
Only a competition the fans and club care about once you get to the semis……
I'd be the opposite tbh . Care a lot about the early rounds as I want to see Hibs progress as far as we can ( final ) . Doesn't matter who we play in the early rounds Berwick or Raith rovers makes no difference to me as there just as important.

Nicho87
08-09-2023, 06:23 PM
I'd be the opposite tbh . Care a lot about the early rounds as I want to see Hibs progress as far as we can ( final ) . Doesn't matter who we play in the early rounds Berwick or Raith rovers makes no difference to me as there just as important.

Just joshing pal

IberianHibernian
08-09-2023, 09:31 PM
A bit unfortunate it`s in the middle of 2 home league matches . Important match though as we need to get back to playing semis and finals regularly like in times of Fenlon , Stubbs etc

Leith Green
08-09-2023, 09:35 PM
Ticket’s bought.. Im normally FFL , but its actually a nice wee change to sit in the east stand .. Quite looking forward to it 🇳🇬

Dashing Bob S
08-09-2023, 09:44 PM
I’m game. We’re back.

Onceinawhile
08-09-2023, 09:47 PM
Imagine, Ross County v Killie ... jeezo.

If we get livi in the other semi I'll be delighted.

h185forever
10-09-2023, 04:25 PM
Can’t get our two tickets in west upper …so apologies to whoever the seats we have got, normally belong to.

This is poor from Hibs ( their ticket mechanism),..never normally have an issue

gaz1875
10-09-2023, 07:53 PM
Can’t get our two tickets in west upper …so apologies to whoever the seats we have got, normally belong to.

This is poor from Hibs ( their ticket mechanism),..never normally have an issue

The Famous Five is closed so it was a free for all.

NAE NOOKIE
12-09-2023, 11:03 AM
What are folk thinking about this game now?

If Monty can get off to a good start, EG win or a draw at Killie and a win against St Johnstone I'm hopeful Hibs decision to close the FF for it will prove to be misguided. I can't see anywhere where the club have explained why they've done it. Given the catering isn't in house I cant see Hibs losing money on that and exactly how much money would they lose paying for about 10 stewards?

Tickets are £20 for an adult too, so its not exactly over priced. I just don't see how we can't get to 13 or 14 thousand for this game and at least open the FF lower for the ultras :dunno:

B.H.F.C
12-09-2023, 12:34 PM
What are folk thinking about this game now?

If Monty can get off to a good start, EG win or a draw at Killie and a win against St Johnstone I'm hopeful Hibs decision to close the FF for it will prove to be misguided. I can't see anywhere where the club have explained why they've done it. Given the catering isn't in house I cant see Hibs losing money on that and exactly how much money would they lose paying for about 10 stewards?

Tickets are £20 for an adult too, so its not exactly over priced. I just don't see how we can't get to 13 or 14 thousand for this game and at least open the FF lower for the ultras :dunno:

Still think 12.5k seats will be enough. I don’t think there is really much for them to explain, it’s fairly obvious that it’ll be based on what we get for this type of game historically.

NAE NOOKIE
12-09-2023, 01:45 PM
Still think 12.5k seats will be enough. I don’t think there is really much for them to explain, it’s fairly obvious that it’ll be based on what we get for this type of game historically.

IMO ... and yes it is just my opinion ... shutting the FF for this game totally flies in the face of the upbeat and positive image the club is supposed to be trying to project and foster of a club on the rise with an optimistic view of itself. Not a club that shuts whole stands to save what in the grand scheme of things will be a paltry sum of money and at the same time showing they have no faith whatsoever in their ability to enthuse fans for a game that if we win it will take us two steps away from winning a trophy.

Hibs should be looking at this as one of the more attractive games we have had this season and pushing it vigorously, not chucking in the towel in a marketing sense with more than a fortnight to go before it even takes place .... there has to be a result on the night against a team that have already won at Easter Road and it will be our first proper floodlit game of the season. As I said, at £20 a pop for the most expensive tickets it's not exactly over priced either.

I want to see folk running this club with a can do attitude ( I'm sure that's what Ron Gordon wanted as well ) more or less admitting they can't think of a way to successfully push this game to the fans as one they should want to be at is about as far away from that mindset as I can imagine and I find it incredibly disappointing to be honest.

You'll never change anything for the better with an 'it's aye been' attitude.

B.H.F.C
12-09-2023, 02:02 PM
IMO ... and yes it is just my opinion ... shutting the FF for this game totally flies in the face of the upbeat and positive image the club is supposed to be trying to project and foster of a club on the rise with an optimistic view of itself. Not a club that shuts whole stands to save what in the grand scheme of things will be a paltry sum of money and at the same time showing they have no faith whatsoever in their ability to enthuse fans for a game that if we win it will take us two steps away from winning a trophy.

Hibs should be looking at this as one of the more attractive games we have had this season and pushing it vigorously, not chucking in the towel in a marketing sense with more than a fortnight to go before it even takes place .... there has to be a result on the night against a team that have already won at Easter Road and it will be our first proper floodlit game of the season. As I said, at £20 a pop for the most expensive tickets it's not exactly over priced either.

I want to see folk running this club with a can do attitude ( I'm sure that's what Ron Gordon wanted as well ) more or less admitting they can't think of a way to successfully push this game to the fans as one they should want to be at is about as far away from that mindset as I can imagine and I find it incredibly disappointing to be honest.

You'll never change anything for the better with an 'it's aye been' attitude.

I think there has to be an element of realism that these midweek ties just don’t attract big crowds (I’m not entirely sure why but they don’t).

It’s not as if shutting parts of the ground is unique to us but if it’s something we are going to do I would possibly think about having shut the top of the North and West so there was still support on three sides of the ground.

Hibbyradge
12-09-2023, 02:04 PM
Finally managed to get our own seat's in the west lower, but what a hassle.
Surely in this day and age,it can't be hard to have a interactive map showing seats numbers?

Email Ticketmaster about it.

I've done so previously without any success but you might be more successful.

NAE NOOKIE
12-09-2023, 02:20 PM
I think there has to be an element of realism that these midweek ties just don’t attract big crowds (I’m not entirely sure why but they don’t).

It’s not as if shutting parts of the ground is unique to us but if it’s something we are going to do I would possibly think about having **** the top of the North and West so there was still support on three sides of the ground.

Maybe ... but the whole point of my take on this is that progress would be finding a way to change that for what in the context of what it's actually possible for this club to win should on the face of it be a huge game.

On a more amusing note, I'm having a real bother fitting a swear word into the context of your post, it's driving me nuts trying to figure out what has been **** ed out :greengrin

ian cruise
12-09-2023, 02:23 PM
Maybe ... but the whole point of my take on this is that progress would be finding a way to change that.

On a more amusing note, I'm having a real bother fitting a swear word into the context of your post, it's driving me nuts trying to figure out what has been **** ed out :greengrin

Suspect a typo has meant there's an i where the u should be in shut the top of north and west.

SON OF PADDY
12-09-2023, 07:48 PM
Email Ticketmaster about it.

I've done so previously without any success but you might be more successful.

Might just try that !