PDA

View Full Version : Parking in Birmingham

LewysGot2
19-08-2023, 01:05 PM
I’m going to probably drive down because of the transport disruption potential and the crazy prices for flights etc. Any recommendations for parking near Aston? Any Villa fans on here.?

Moulin Yarns
19-08-2023, 01:34 PM
I looked at the ground on Google maps and there are car parks at each end of the ground.

hibee-boys
19-08-2023, 01:41 PM
Any recommendations for a park and ride as driving down on the day but staying over city centre, heading back up Friday. I’m assuming that’ll be a better idea then parking city centre for 24 plus hours?

LewysGot2
19-08-2023, 01:53 PM
Any recommendations for a park and ride as driving down on the day but staying over city centre, heading back up Friday. I’m assuming that’ll be a better idea than parking city centre for 24 plus hours?

That’s of interest to me too

blackpoolhibs
19-08-2023, 02:03 PM

We are staying in Broad St, and according to what i read from the hotel guff, it's £8 to park the car for 24 hours, cant complain about that really.

hibsforeurope
19-08-2023, 07:52 PM
Been looking at this myself as driving down on the day and straight back after game. Found this site with info for away fans and parking locations around the stadium https://villaunderground.com/away-fans-guide-villa-park/

Ryan91
19-08-2023, 08:12 PM
Any recommendations for a park and ride as driving down on the day but staying over city centre, heading back up Friday. I’m assuming that’ll be a better idea then parking city centre for 24 plus hours?

Worth noting that there are rail strikes on 1st September, so if you're holing up at a park and ride, be sure to check if there is also a bus to/from that P&R for the Friday as trains may be non-existant

tamig
19-08-2023, 08:33 PM
Worth noting that there are rail strikes on 1st September, so if you're holing up at a park and ride, be sure to check if there is also a bus to/from that P&R for the Friday as trains may be non-existant

I don’t think you are allowed to park overnight at a P&R generally. Might be different down south but it certainly used to be the case at places like Ingliston.

LewysGot2
19-08-2023, 09:00 PM
Been looking at this myself as driving down on the day and straight back after game. Found this site with info for away fans and parking locations around the stadium https://villaunderground.com/away-fans-guide-villa-park/

Really useful stuff there. Cheers for that

Bookkeeper
19-08-2023, 09:15 PM
Try yourparkingspace.co.uk think theres spaces available in the big tesco carpark near the away end.

HITSB6
20-08-2023, 12:10 AM
If staying over I would park in the hotel/area you are staying.

The area round the ground is a pretty rough neighborhood so I wouldn't personally want to leave my car around too long and the parking is generally awful a lot of terrace houses so on.

If just around for the match then driving home I would recommend star city or Wainwright St near the Manor Tavern pub my friend always parks here and seems to get away quick.

Any other questions please feel free to ask.

hibee-boys
20-08-2023, 06:43 AM
If staying over I would park in the hotel/area you are staying.

The area round the ground is a pretty rough neighborhood so I wouldn't personally want to leave my car around too long and the parking is generally awful a lot of terrace houses so on.

If just around for the match then driving home I would recommend star city or Wainwright St near the Manor Tavern pub my friend always parks here and seems to get away quick.

Any other questions please feel free to ask.

Appreciate the offer of help. We’re driving down and staying at the city centre Ibis, wasn’t sure whether to park in the city or use a park and ride option with the tram into the centre maybe? Cheers

HITSB6
20-08-2023, 09:21 AM
Appreciate the offer of help. We’re driving down and staying at the city centre Ibis, wasn’t sure whether to park in the city or use a park and ride option with the tram into the centre maybe? Cheers

I'd probably park in the centre in all honesty just as there is several parking options if you are staying at ibis you could park near the mailbox/new street station. Then its either an easy train or Taxi to the game from the centre.

I'd steer clear of parking near the ground or outside the centre Birmingham is a pretty rough city and a lot of the inner city areas are questionable to say the least!

Town Hall multi-storey car park | Birmingham City Council (https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/directory_record/6698/town_hall_multi-storey_car_park)

That's one of the ones I'd use in your location the prices are a bit steep though.

Birmingham Mailbox Parking | Birmingham Car Parks | Q-Park (https://www.q-park.co.uk/en-gb/cities/birmingham/mailbox/)

This one is also good maybe a bit safer than the normal NCP Car Parks also.

BoomtownHibees
20-08-2023, 09:45 AM

We are staying in the ibis New Street station and think there’s a car park. Not sure of costs etc