PDA

View Full Version : Darren Kilfara

Diclonius
17-08-2023, 09:20 PM
The American commentator for tonight's game is based in Dunbar. Can we get him for Hibs TV? He was fantastic.

Willis1875
17-08-2023, 09:22 PM
The American commentator for tonight's game is based in Dunbar. Can we get him for Hibs TV? He was fantastic.

He was a breath of fresh air

Svengali
17-08-2023, 09:22 PM
Did anyone else hear him say ‘has Will Fish had a haircut?” During the game.

GreenNWhiteArmy
17-08-2023, 09:23 PM
The most informed commentator I've heard during a game in a long time

Oranje39
17-08-2023, 09:24 PM
10 out 10, get him signed up for HibsTV!

Mike Berry
17-08-2023, 09:24 PM
The American commentator for tonight's game is based in Dunbar. Can we get him for Hibs TV? He was fantastic.I really liked him. Knew his stuff about everyone on the pitch.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

JohnM1875
17-08-2023, 09:25 PM
Thought when he said about their winger 'who Hibs seem reluctant to mark' was hilarious as well. I was thinking the exact same thing!

Bostonhibby
17-08-2023, 09:26 PM
That's where I watched it, very refreshing, he had obviously done his homework on the players but he forgot to mention the ugly sisters or discuss Hearts in the sort of depth that BBC Heartsound would normally do.[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

KNBE
17-08-2023, 09:27 PM
Very professional. Really added to the game, unlike what we otherwise have to put up with.

Sent from my moto g(30) using Tapatalk

Ray Donovan
17-08-2023, 09:27 PM
He was top class.

So knowledgeable. Couldn't believe when he was going on about Marshall's debut for Celtic and then talking about Rab Douglas and Motta.

Seekyit
17-08-2023, 09:28 PM

I did. I think it was about 82 minutes. Random but welcome.

Lancs Harp
17-08-2023, 09:31 PM
I thought he was great, however he did sign off with the wrong aggregate score :)

Not In The Know
17-08-2023, 09:37 PM
A guy from Dunbar, commenting about a guy from Dunbar scoring for hibs against a random Swiss team in Europe on a random Scandinavian streaming channel! Random!!!

Torto7062
17-08-2023, 09:50 PM

Aye 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Scottie
17-08-2023, 10:03 PM
From one of their corners Hibs header out the box 'Miller clearing out the garbage'

Hibee Mac
17-08-2023, 10:04 PM
A guy from Dunbar, commenting about a guy from Dunbar scoring for hibs against a random Swiss team in Europe on a random Scandinavian streaming channel! Random!!!Didn't know Youan was from Dunbar

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-08-2023, 10:22 AM
Ten times better than morbid Cliff

Tha Cabbage Kid
18-08-2023, 10:25 AM

That's harsh, I like cliff!

LaMotta
18-08-2023, 10:39 AM
That's harsh, I like cliff!Cliff is a legend! It's in the back of the net!

Centre Hawf
18-08-2023, 11:51 AM
Ten times better than morbid CliffI like Cliff, perfectly knowledgeable on Hibs and when the going is good he's energetic and enthusiastic (without it sounding put on) but when it's not going well he doesn't massively mask it and treat us like idiots.

McD
18-08-2023, 12:41 PM
Commentator was fantastic, showed up how poor the quality we usually get. Did a great job, well researched, no snidey comments, spoke positively about both sides

hibee19
18-08-2023, 01:15 PM
He was good but cliff has him beaten, all ends up

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
18-08-2023, 01:17 PM
I like Cliff, perfectly knowledgeable on Hibs and when the going is good he's energetic and enthusiastic (without it sounding put on) but when it's not going well he doesn't massively mask it and treat us like idiots.

Him breaking the mic in the Spoony derby is a classic!

NAE NOOKIE
18-08-2023, 01:34 PM
Never mind Hibs TV get the guy onto Sportscene. Knew about BOTH teams inside out last night and some of his comments were funny as **** ... talking about Fish's haircut, clearing out the garbage and calling studs 'cleats' ..... Don't care about the American accent, this guy would be a breath of fresh air on the tired and lazy OF obsessed BBC Scotland ..... In fact, don't go anywhere near the place mate, it would be a shame to see you corrupted.

Bostonhibby
18-08-2023, 01:38 PM
Never mind Hibs TV get the guy onto Sportscene. Knew about BOTH teams inside out last night and some of his comments were funny as **** ... talking about Fish's haircut, clearing out the garbage and calling studs 'cleats' ..... Don't care about the American accent, this guy would be a breath of fresh air on the tired and lazy OF obsessed BBC Scotland ..... In fact, don't go anywhere near the place mate, it would be a shame to see you corrupted.Never going to happen, he doesn't seem to have, or demonstrate any obvious Hearts credentials and would probably require to undergo intense training in the art of cronyism just to get past the first interview with Potter, Preston & McLaughlan.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Saint Hibee
18-08-2023, 02:13 PM
How did he end up in Dunbar!?! Doesn't sound like a native ...

RoscoHibby
18-08-2023, 02:20 PM
He was pretty good I thought. Someone was taking turf off their studs near the start and him hitting out with “he’s gotta take the confetti out his cleats” had the bairn howling! 😂

NAE NOOKIE
18-08-2023, 02:26 PM
Never going to happen, he doesn't seem to have, or demonstrate any obvious Hearts credentials and would probably require to undergo intense training in the art of cronyism just to get past the first interview with Potter, Preston & McLaughlan.Sent from my SM-A750FN using TapatalkToo true mate. Probably wouldn't understand how commentating on Motherwell v Killie he would have to mention that player X was in Celtic's youth team when he was 15 or that Rangers are playing in a friendly in New York at the weekend. Nae chance he would get past the Hearts mafia if they found out Hibs fans were impressed with his commentary.

David90+2
18-08-2023, 08:18 PM

Got to agree, I don’t mind his style, but certainly question his technical and tactical knowledge.

Compared to last night’s commentator, Cliff is miles behind.

I also feel that some times Cliff wants to make out he’s mates with the players

LaMotta
18-08-2023, 08:24 PM
Commentator was fantastic, showed up how poor the quality we usually get. Did a great job, well researched, no snidey comments, spoke positively about both sidesYouv'e just described what we nomally get on commentary though.

Hibernian Verse
18-08-2023, 09:03 PM
Got to agree, I don’t mind his style, but certainly question his technical and tactical knowledge.

Compared to last night’s commentator, Cliff is miles behind.

I also feel that some times Cliff wants to make out he’s mates with the players

No need. He does a good job and for free.

How would you feel if you went on a Hibs forum and read that about yourself from someone you don’t even know?

gbhibby
18-08-2023, 09:33 PM
https://www.linkedin.com/in/dkilfara?originalSubdomain=uk

This is the guy. Sportscene should give him a try out the guy from Greater Edinburgh

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

Ryan91
18-08-2023, 11:10 PM
How did he end up in Dunbar!?! Doesn't sound like a native ...

A bit of googling suggests that Golf is what lead him to Scotland, St Andrews specifically when he was a student, apparently went to Harvard too - guess he must have decided to stick around after he'd completed his studies.

The Baldmans Comb
18-08-2023, 11:23 PM
The USA lad was an absolute top class commentator who would be an asset to any broadcasting company.

Witty, knowledgeable and easy to listen to.

Hibs TV guy is also very good as well.

greenlex
19-08-2023, 04:59 AM
I liked him but reckon the novelty would wear off over time and it would become annoying.

BILLYHIBS
19-08-2023, 06:23 AM
I thought the guy was a breath of fresh air

Seemed to be knowledgeable and well informed on Hibs so the fact he lives in Dunbar made sense

BBC Scotland should give him a chance would be a refreshing change from the narrow minded West of Scotland Old Firm bias we have to put up with every week

I am sure he would be neutral which is the very least you expect from the BBC

Cliff does a great job imo

green day
19-08-2023, 08:00 AM
I thought the guy was a breath of fresh air Seemed to be knowledgeable and well informed on Hibs so the fact he lives in Dunbar made sense BBC Scotland should give him a chance would be a refreshing change from the narrow minded West of Scotland Old Firm bias we have to put up with every week I am sure he would be neutral which is the very least you expect from the BBC Cliff does a great job imoAgree with all of this, so doubtless we can expect him to never actually appear on BBC Scotland :-)

McD
19-08-2023, 08:15 AM
Youv'e just described what we nomally get on commentary though.

You think that’s the level of quality we get on BBC or sky? 😳

Smartie
19-08-2023, 08:43 AM
I liked him but reckon the novelty would wear off over time and it would become annoying.

I liked him too and fully agree with this - the novelty would quickly wear off.

Some of the criticism Cliff gets baffles me, he’s generally excellent at what he does.

It’s the numpties who tend to do this sort of thing for a living within the Scottish mainstream media who are the ones who grind my gears. Give me Cliff commentating on a Hibs game every day of the week over drivel like “Open all mics”.

DH1875
19-08-2023, 08:53 AM
Not sure about Hibs TV but 100% back the BBC or SKY sports campaign.

Rumble de Thump
19-08-2023, 09:12 AM
I think it would be good if BBC Scotland's sports coverage could get to a point where having someone knowledgable, competent and professional commentating isn't seen as a novelty.

LewysGot2
20-08-2023, 08:20 AM
https://darrenkilfara.jimdofree.com/

cabbageandribs1875
21-08-2023, 09:28 PM
just received this E-mail from SolidSports

First and foremost, we would like to express our gratitude for your purchase of our livestream from Hibernian FC:s away game against Luzern FC in UEFA Conference League! Collaborating with Hibs teams and fans was truly a pleasure. And our commentator Darren Kilfara are very greatful for all the kind words he have recieved from Hibs fans all week��

21-08-2023, 09:42 PM
Give him the Evening News job.

LaMotta
21-08-2023, 09:54 PM
You think that’s the level of quality we get on BBC or sky? ��

Talking specifically about Hibs TV mate, yes.

On BBC Liam Mcleod I would say yes. Crocker on Sky was decent, not sure whose replaced him though?

Carheenlea
21-08-2023, 10:02 PM
I liked him too and fully agree with this - the novelty would quickly wear off.

Some of the criticism Cliff gets baffles me, he’s generally excellent at what he does.

It’s the numpties who tend to do this sort of thing for a living within the Scottish mainstream media who are the ones who grind my gears. Give me Cliff commentating on a Hibs game every day of the week over drivel like “Open all mics”.

100% :agree:

1875Sean
21-08-2023, 10:58 PM
Talking specifically about Hibs TV mate, yes.

On BBC Liam Mcleod I would say yes. Crocker on Sky was decent, not sure whose replaced him though?

Crocker still is at sky isn’t he?

LaMotta
21-08-2023, 11:36 PM
Crocker still is at sky isn’t he?

I was sure he had said he had finished doing Scottish Football on Sky, but it appears not!