PDA

View Full Version : Public Transport and Matches

Sylar
14-08-2023, 09:56 AM
I'm curious as to whether this is someting the club (perhaps jointly with Hearts/Edinburgh City) would be willing to pursue to improve the matchday experience.

It's obviously well publicised that clubs in Germany do this, and it's a major benefit (financially, environmentally, ease of movement etc) - but I also noted that Aberdeen do this on matchdays (https://www.afc.co.uk/club/about-us/sustainability/), where they have an agreement with First Bus for fans in the city.

As signatories to the UNFCC Sport for Climate Action Framework, I know the club are doing a lot to address their environmental footprint - this would be a great part of that story, and really add to the matchday experience for fans attending matches.

Jack
14-08-2023, 11:26 AM
There's been discussions about this going back at least 15 years!

It was a good idea then as it is a good idea now.

NYHibby
14-08-2023, 12:21 PM
Glasgow Warriors also did this with First Bus. But I think the incentive for them was different. It seems like a greater number of people try to drive to Scotstoun and park in residential areas by the stadium, thereby causing residents to complain to the rugby club and the council (stadium’s landlord). Whereas we are closer to the city centre than Scotstoun and it’s my impression that more people just walk to our games than drive as a result.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-08-2023, 05:45 PM
We should also use spare capacity to pressgang unsuspecting tourists / punters from Princes St to the match - that will teach em :)