PDA

View Full Version : If villa away

Nailsea Hibby
13-08-2023, 12:41 AM
Anybody thinking it will need to be in home end if we only get 3k tickets ?.

ErinGoBraghHFC
13-08-2023, 12:43 AM
There’s a Villa fan been posting on here recently that says you’ve not even a dogs chance of getting a home end ticket mate, be a mad scramble for tickets for the hibs end and that’ll be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
13-08-2023, 12:48 AM
Anybody thinking it will need to be in home end if we only get 3k tickets ?.

Hibs first members, of which there are 500. Plus players and staff get their cut first as well.

The rest goes to season ticket holders. Lucky if there will be 2000 on sale to STH’s

Unless you have a ST you’ve no chance mate.

Hibbyradge
13-08-2023, 12:49 AM
Hibs first members, of which there are 500. Plus players and staff get their cut first as well.

The rest goes to season ticket holders. Lucky if there will be 2000 on sale to STH’s

Unless you have a ST you’ve no chance mate.

Or mates with STs who can't go...

Stairway 2 7
13-08-2023, 06:56 AM
Be a scramble like Tynie. Many thousand more will fill the boozers though

danhibees1875
13-08-2023, 07:10 AM
I've not scrambled for a ticket for a while, is it still the system where everyone piles on at Xam and the system struggles and people get through slowly after waiting hours?

A pre application and raffle style solution would be my preference - you know before hand if you're one of the lucky 2,000 and then have a day to go on and buy your ticket without waiting in the chaos.

Up-the-slope
13-08-2023, 07:50 AM
I've not scrambled for a ticket for a while, is it still the system where everyone piles on at Xam and the system struggles and people get through slowly after waiting hours?

A pre application and raffle style solution would be my preference - you know before hand if you're one of the lucky 2,000 and then have a day to go on and buy your ticket without waiting in the chaos.

No chance of any kind of public sale... ST will oversubscribe what ever is available

danhibees1875
13-08-2023, 07:57 AM
No chance of any kind of public sale... ST will oversubscribe what ever is available

Sorry, I wasn't clear. All of that was about ST holders getting tickets.

OstKurve Hibs
13-08-2023, 07:58 AM
Another reason for loyalty points.

Up-the-slope
13-08-2023, 08:00 AM
Sorry, I wasn't clear. All of that was about ST holders getting tickets.

:aok:

DH1875
13-08-2023, 08:11 AM
Another reason for loyalty points.

Not really as as someone has already said, folk who can't go would just buy a ticket perfectly safe in the knowledge that they can easily pass it on.

weecounty hibby
13-08-2023, 09:20 AM
If, if, if we get through there will be a scramble for tickets. I would think there is little chance of being in the Villa end as its their first European game for years. Guaranteed sell out.

Hermit Crab
13-08-2023, 09:27 AM
Not really as as someone has already said, folk who can't go would just buy a ticket perfectly safe in the knowledge that they can easily pass it on.

I think we could possibly see tighter restriction for this if we get through. I wonder if Hibs will introduce the wristband and ticket system for this game? Man city done that when they played Celtic in the champs league. You had to collect your ticket in a pre designated area in Glasgow, you got a numbered wrist band at the same time as your ticket and then when entering the ground you got checked for the wristband and ticket. If you didn't have the wristband you got turned away. It was done to stop tickets getting passed on. It generally worked.

Hermit Crab
13-08-2023, 09:30 AM
Or mates with STs who can't go...

Couple go things need to happen for that to work. Your mate needs to be lucky in the scramble. And then hope Hibs don't put restrictions on the tickets, like in person collection in Birmingham or the wristband system I posted about above.

the_ginger_hibee
13-08-2023, 10:36 AM

Loyalty points are 10 times better than the system we have now. Plus you get round that 'buying for other people' problem quite easy. Named person can collect ticket at ground / on the day only. So if it's a European away game only the person it's intended for can use it. Villa have a very strict system which is probably tight. Application forms are filled in where you state your plans, including hotel booking & that goes on your application form for a ticket. You then collect ticket on the day with ID.

As it stands, despite only missing the games in Marbella this season/pre-season, including going to Andorra and Luzern, I'll be after HibsFirst members who might not have bothered going to any games this year (at least 300 didn't go to Andorra). Ok maybe that's just fine, the membership allows that, but I'll be in the same pool as a first time season ticket holder who is going to their first away game. Not saying I should be guaranteed a ticket, but there's a huge gap between someone who paid £50 and every season ticket holder. Everyone else manages a loyalty scheme no problem at all.

Noticed that Villa prioritise based on away games attended. That seems fair? More or less a more basic loyalty points system.

Hermit Crab
13-08-2023, 10:44 AM
Loyalty points are 10 times better than the system we have now. Plus you get round that 'buying for other people' problem quite easy. Named person can collect ticket at ground / on the day only. So if it's a European away game only the person it's intended for can use it. Villa have a very strict system which is probably tight. Application forms are filled in where you state your plans, including hotel booking & that goes on your application form for a ticket. You then collect ticket on the day with ID.

As it stands, despite only missing the games in Marbella this season/pre-season, including going to Andorra and Luzern, I'll be after HibsFirst members who might not have bothered going to any games this year (at least 300 didn't go to Andorra). Ok maybe that's just fine, the membership allows that, but I'll be in the same pool as a first time season ticket holder who is going to their first away game. Not saying I should be guaranteed a ticket, but there's a huge gap between someone who paid £50 and every season ticket holder. Everyone else manages a loyalty scheme no problem at all.

Noticed that Villa prioritise based on away games attended. That seems fair? More or less a more basic loyalty points system.

Thats a tad harsh, Andorra was extremely difficult to get to and unless you had cash on the hip you were always going to struggle for travel. I didn't go as I couldn't justify the price but I'm going to Luzern and that trip is costing me about a grand when I add everything up.

the_ginger_hibee
13-08-2023, 10:47 AM
Thats a tad harsh, Andorra was extremely difficult to get to and unless you had cash on the hip you were always going to struggle for travel. I didn't go as I couldn't justify the price but I'm going to Luzern and that trip is costing me about a grand when I add everything up.

What's harsh about that, it's a fact? You could make that argument about anything, not having a season ticket because you couldn't afford it, not going to away games because you can't afford it. Nobody is having a go at people not attending, but sorting priority based on attendance is a pretty simple concept that I'd say all clubs follow.

HITSB6
16-08-2023, 12:58 PM
There’s a Villa fan been posting on here recently that says you’ve not even a dogs chance of getting a home end ticket mate, be a mad scramble for tickets for the hibs end and that’ll be it. Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI assume the Villa fan is me!Just to sum it up out of the 40000 tickets available there are currently 15 left for sale on our site to ST/Members. Some of the ST Holders may not buy but they still won't be on general sale till Monday when there deadline is past.In the past there has been as in any ground a lot of away fans in home areas but the demand generally doesn't let this happen anymore.

ErinGoBraghHFC
16-08-2023, 01:03 PM
I assume the Villa fan is me!Just to sum it up out of the 40000 tickets available there are currently 15 left for sale on our site to ST/Members. Some of the ST Holders may not buy but they still won't be on general sale till Monday when there deadline is past.In the past there has been as in any ground a lot of away fans in home areas but the demand generally doesn't let this happen anymore.

That’s you mate, I’ve not a hope in hell of a ticket for the away end unfortunately which is fine because I’m in Spain that week anyway

hibsforeurope
16-08-2023, 07:37 PM
Couple go things need to happen for that to work. Your mate needs to be lucky in the scramble. And then hope Hibs don't put restrictions on the tickets, like in person collection in Birmingham or the wristband system I posted about above.

Ticket collection in Birmingham would need to be at the stadium, ther will be plenty travelling down on the day just for the game.
Can’t see them wanting 3k fans turning up to que for tickets on match day.

Garymcl
16-08-2023, 08:19 PM
Quite a number of us going down with or without a ticket for the atmosphere alone (if we get through tomorrow of course ) seriously think there will be about the same numbers doing that outwith the ticket holders

LewysGot2
16-08-2023, 08:41 PM
One thing to remember about Hibs First is that 70% of the membership were AST holders under the old system and those people have been definitely needing to go to or take tickets for away games every match until recently where a handful of smaller clubs started selling direct. Most members have earned those stripes, so to speak.Aberdeen, The Uglies, The Two Manager Bus Stop Club etc still distribute via Hibs though and these are the high end games of which only one has vast oversubscription and subsequent frustrations every single time we play at The Bus Shelter.However, the HF son of the AST has been worth its weight in gold again this season thanks to Europe. I'm absolutely delighted that I don't have to scramble for this potential high tariff game. You can 100% guarantee there will be non-STHs at that game if we get there, just as there are when we play in the Pink BS. Folk will put pals before other ST holders by passing on unused priority or cash in on demand. There will be carnage over ticket sales, of that there is no doubt. Like Tynie on steroids.Let's get there first 🤞🙏

bod
16-08-2023, 08:45 PM
Ticket collection in Birmingham would need to be at the stadium, ther will be plenty travelling down on the day just for the game.
Can’t see them wanting 3k fans turning up to que for tickets on match day.

thats if villa have facilities for hibs to use. doubt theyrell be any mass collection

Pagan Hibernia
16-08-2023, 08:54 PM
I won’t get a ticket and I’m fine with that. I can live without seeing my team annihilated by an English Premiership team in the flesh.I will 100% make the trip to Birmingham though.

Broxburn Greens
16-08-2023, 09:33 PM
Hibs First kind of passed me by when it was released, so missed the boat there but is it a pre-requisite to be a ST holder to be a member?

It’s a moot point if the answer is no as I guess nigh on all HF members will be ST holders anyway but I find it strange that someone paying a mere £50 for a HF membership without holding a ST should be given priority over someone who’s paid £400 for a ST membership.

Genuine question.

H18 SFR
16-08-2023, 09:50 PM
Hibs First kind of passed me by when it was released, so missed the boat there but is it a pre-requisite to be a ST holder to be a member?

It’s a moot point if the answer is no as I guess nigh on all HF members will be ST holders anyway but I find it strange that someone paying a mere £50 for a HF membership without holding a ST should be given priority over someone who’s paid £400 for a ST membership.

Genuine question.

All HF participants are ST holders.

Broxburn Greens
17-08-2023, 05:38 AM
All HF participants are ST holders.

Cheers, figured that had to be the case. Would’ve been bizarre otherwise!

lyonhibs
17-08-2023, 06:20 AM

Genuine question.

Was also my first question when I saw the first news about the scheme, but yeah it's a pre requisite to be a ST holder

DH1875
17-08-2023, 06:41 AM
thats if villa have facilities for hibs to use. doubt theyrell be any mass collection

You don't collect at the stadium. It's usually somewhere in the city centre at a secret location lol.

Nakedmanoncrack
17-08-2023, 07:17 AM
For Scotland games there have been full pick ups in the past, Amsterdam the biggest I can think of c.6K all had to pick up without any problems. But for every away game there are always a lot of people collecting, those randomly selected, and those like myself who choose to uplift, usually they just book a room in a city centre hotel.

Hermit Crab
17-08-2023, 07:52 AM
For Scotland games there have been full pick ups in the past, Amsterdam the biggest I can think of c.6K all had to pick up without any problems. But for every away game there are always a lot of people collecting, those randomly selected, and those like myself who choose to uplift, usually they just book a room in a city centre hotel.A personal collection in Birmingham would help with tickets getting passed on. It would stop it but it would help.

percy veer
17-08-2023, 09:50 AM

Why didn't you go fornthe hibs first membership?

DH1875
17-08-2023, 12:25 PM
Why didn't you go fornthe hibs first membership?

It was capped so a few folk missed out.

Hibernian Verse
17-08-2023, 12:27 PM
It was capped so a few folk missed out.

It was open for a few days IIRC, wasn't like it sold out in 5 mins.

Steven79
17-08-2023, 12:27 PM
Home match tickets for the game in Birmingham are sold out. Should be a cracking atmosphere if we get through tonight.

the_ginger_hibee
17-08-2023, 01:00 PM
It was open for a few days IIRC, wasn't like it sold out in 5 mins.

Loyalty shouldn't be for 500 people only. There is literally no reason we can't follow almost every club going in having a loyalty scheme like points or whatever.

Hibernian Verse
17-08-2023, 01:10 PM
Loyalty shouldn't be for 500 people only. There is literally no reason we can't follow almost every club going in having a loyalty scheme like points or whatever.

So where do you cut it off? If it was loyalty points you'd still have a tiered ticketing process based on who had the most points.

the_ginger_hibee
17-08-2023, 01:10 PM
So where do you cut it off? If it was loyalty points you'd still have a tiered ticketing process based on who had the most points.

Which is based on actual attendance & support, not paying £50.

Trinity Hibee
17-08-2023, 01:12 PM

Exactly.

Hibernian Verse
17-08-2023, 01:12 PM

I don't disagree, you said loyalty shouldn't just be for 500 people that's what I was getting at.

A loyalty points system still rewards people in tiers so the top loyalty would only be for 500 or so fans anyway.

NAE NOOKIE
17-08-2023, 01:14 PM
Home match tickets for the game in Birmingham are sold out. Should be a cracking atmosphere if we get through tonight.Villa should gift Hibs the takings from their home leg in acknowledgement of the pittance they paid for SJM .... That goal he scored in the championship playoff was probably worth about £100,000,000 to them .... they owe us : - )

HITSB6
17-08-2023, 01:30 PM
Villa should gift Hibs the takings from their home leg in acknowledgement of the pittance they paid for SJM .... That goal he scored in the championship playoff was probably worth about £100,000,000 to them .... they owe us : - )Haha shame it doesn't work like that! What Villa do though is normally not take gate receipts when playing lower league clubs in Cup Games/Friendlies which they are entitled to. In my opinion that's how it should be!

NAE NOOKIE
17-08-2023, 01:46 PM
Haha shame it doesn't work like that! What Villa do though is normally not take gate receipts when playing lower league clubs in Cup Games/Friendlies which they are entitled to. In my opinion that's how it should be!Jeez, that's actually pretty decent of them, not something you come across all that often in the corporate cut throat world of modern football. Sure I remember a few years ago Cardiff and whoever they were playing in the championship playoff agreeing that the loser could keep all the gate receipts from Wembley ... shows how much getting to the EPL is worth ... fantasy fitba money.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-08-2023, 02:54 PM
Jeez, that's actually pretty decent of them, not something you come across all that often in the corporate cut throat world of modern football. Sure I remember a few years ago Cardiff and whoever they were playing in the championship playoff agreeing that the loser could keep all the gate receipts from Wembley ... shows how much getting to the EPL is worth ... fantasy fitba money.

I remember that re The Play Off Final, should be added to the rules surrounding that particular game.

Keith_M
17-08-2023, 04:49 PM
Haha shame it doesn't work like that! What Villa do though is normally not take gate receipts when playing lower league clubs in Cup Games/Friendlies which they are entitled to. In my opinion that's how it should be! That's fantastic, kudos to Villa. ------- Your club is one for which I've always had the greatest respect, but that just puts the cap on it.

LewysGot2
17-08-2023, 05:51 PM
Which is based on actual attendance & support, not paying £50.£30 If you’ve been an AST member who did have to do every game

Bristolhibby
17-08-2023, 07:06 PM
A personal collection in Birmingham would help with tickets getting passed on. It would stop it but it would help.

Not being wide but does buying a ST ticket oblige the person to attend?

In the SSC it’s written into the rules. Not sure that’s the case with Hibs.

Anyway. Don’t like talking about this while we still are playing.

J

surreyhibbie
17-08-2023, 07:11 PM
Not being wide but does buying a ST ticket oblige the person to attend?

In the SSC it’s written into the rules. Not sure that’s the case with Hibs.

Anyway. Don’t like talking about this while we still are playing.

J

I think its brentford that monitors season ticket attendance. Get a yellow card if not used a few times and not allowed to renew or something if too many times...

Something like that

Leith Green
17-08-2023, 08:03 PM
Are we definitely away from home for the second leg on 31st august?

If we win this game of course

Fergus52
17-08-2023, 08:05 PM
Are we definitely away from home for the second leg on 31st august?

If we win this game of course

My friends were saying if hearts go through the legs could be swapped? But not seen this anywhere else

DIXIHIBS
17-08-2023, 08:08 PM
My friends were saying if hearts go through the legs could be swapped? But not seen this anywhere else

Villa have already sold tickets for game at Villa park so that wont change. If Hibs/hertz both win they might play one of the games Wednesday and the other Thursday.

Liberton_Hibs
17-08-2023, 08:39 PM
KP said on other thread won't be switched, hibs or Herts play home on the wed possibility

Broxburn Greens
18-08-2023, 09:29 AM
Anyone any actual idea of how many tickets we're getting?Hoping if we end up giving Villa the whole South Stand the club have been pushing Villa for the maximum they can give in return?I see looking at the Villa stadium plan the end of the Doug Ellis Stand is greyed out as not for sale, so assume this is where we will be housed?Sections P9,10,11 & Q1,2 &3

lucky
18-08-2023, 09:31 AM
I put this on another thread but it's important
I'm hearing there is a rail strike in the 01/09/23 by Aslef and on 02/09/23 by RMT. No trains on the 1st limited on the 2nd

Stubbsy90+2
18-08-2023, 09:31 AM
So how many do we reckon we’ll take down? 5k or so?

Pretty Boy
18-08-2023, 09:35 AM
So how many do we reckon we’ll take down? 5k or so?

I think it will be more than that. Just under 3K tickets and a hell of a lot more will be going for the ride.

Obviously depends how we do on Wednesday but 8-10K wouldn't surprise me if we are still nominally in the tie.

Stubbsy90+2
18-08-2023, 09:40 AM
I think it will be more than that. Just under 3K tickets and a hell of a lot more will be going for the ride.

Obviously depends how we do on Wednesday but 8-10K wouldn't surprise me if we are still nominally in the tie.

Yaldi. Never been to Birmingham, hope it’s got plenty decent boozers if there’s that many likely to go!

lucky
18-08-2023, 10:00 AM
Strike confirmed
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66544391

Hermit Crab
18-08-2023, 10:01 AM
Strike confirmed

As much as I support the strikes this is nippy. Blackpool was the same as well.

Juice-Terry
18-08-2023, 10:05 AM
Strike confirmed https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66544391 Glorious.

lucky
18-08-2023, 10:05 AM
As much as I support the strikes this is nippy. Blackpool was the same as well.

HG, unfortunately, rail workers without a pay rise for 4 years have no choice but to take action. I doubt Hibs playing in Birmingham was even a consideration due to the dispute is with 15 companies. Yes it's inconvenient but if the Tories negotiated like here in Scotland, there wouldn't be a dispute. You've had a pay rise every year since joining the railway in Scotland its ridiculous that's rail workers in England haven't

BoomtownHibees
18-08-2023, 10:07 AM
Strike confirmed

Does this mean no trains at all on the Friday?

Hibernian Verse
18-08-2023, 10:09 AM
HG, unfortunately, rail workers without a pay rise for 4 years have no choice but to take action. I doubt Hibs playing in Birmingham was even a consideration due to the dispute is with 15 companies. Yes it's inconvenient but if the Tories negotiated like here in Scotland, there wouldn't be a dispute. You've had a pay rise every year since joining the railway in Scotland its ridiculous that's rail workers in England haven't

He's a train driver

GreenGray
18-08-2023, 10:16 AM
That has put a slight spanner in the works

lucky
18-08-2023, 10:16 AM
He's a train driver

He's not he's a guard and I've known him for 20 odd years

Hibernian Verse
18-08-2023, 10:31 AM
He's not he's a guard and I've known him for 20 odd years

My apologies, thought he was a driver!

NYHibby
18-08-2023, 11:23 AM
As a non-season ticket holder who can take a coach from London, I think everyone should boycott the trains on Thursday as well in solidarity with the drivers. If that means people can’t travel down south and there are tickets left for non-season ticket holders…