PDA

View Full Version : Team vs Motherwell

Tambo
12-08-2023, 08:14 AM
So after a great result on Thursday we go again Sunday.

I wonder how Johnson will approach this one, Motherwell probably won't be controlling the game as much as Luzern did, would have been a few tired legs after the game. Wonder if we will go back to 3 in the middle.

Marshall

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson

Jeggo
Levitt
Newell

Boyle
Vente
Obita

I have been one of Youans biggest praisers on here and thought he was really poor Thursday so no complaints if Obita is preferred.

hibee1875
12-08-2023, 08:17 AM
Youan was also poor against st mirren. No doubt he’ll be a big player for us this season but some competition for him is good. Hopefully he’ll learn when to release the ball quicker.

Would also give Obita the start

JimBHibees
12-08-2023, 08:20 AM

I wonder how Johnson will approach this one, Motherwell probably won't be controlling the game as much as Luzern did, would have been a few tired legs after the game. Wonder if we will go back to 3 in the middle.

Marshall

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson

Jeggo
Levitt
Newell

Boyle
Vente
Obita

I have been one of Youans biggest praisers on here and thought he was really poor Thursday so no complaints if Obita is preferred.

I get the impression there will be a few more changes than that. Think Obita will play full back. Jeggo and JDH Campbell in midfield. Doidge up front maybe with Ellie and Rudi?

Jones28
12-08-2023, 08:21 AM
I’d be tempted to play the team that finished the game on Thursday, maybe with Vente in for Merkersen but he and ALF would be great options off the bench. I certainly trust Doidge to make things happen but he needs support.

hibee-boys
12-08-2023, 08:24 AM
Given that Youan only played 45 mins on Thursday I think he has to start, chance to redeem himself. I didn’t feel he played terribly but he needs to start making better decisions with the ball, chances are when he’s surrounded by 3 defenders he’s not going to get past them all🙄

Marshall

Miller (unless black and blue from Thursday)
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson

Jeggo
Newell
Levitt

Youan
Vente
Obita

Boyle/ALF/Doidge/JDH/Campbell to come on when/if required

Borderhibbie76
12-08-2023, 08:26 AM
I get the impression there will be a few more changes than that. Think Obita will play full back. Jeggo and JDH Campbell in midfield. Doidge up front maybe with Ellie and Rudi?

No way will that be the team - I'm all for giving a few a rest but come on - Wed get absolutely hammered with thatbteam - no gonna happen

hibee1875
12-08-2023, 08:50 AM
Given Levitt and Vente are still a little bit short on fitness I would give them 60mins

B.H.F.C
12-08-2023, 09:00 AM
Don’t think Boyle will start.

Doidge in for ALF as well I reckon.

We’re have options in the forward areas to mix things up but toiling to do the same elsewhere without diminishing the quality too much. Would be a big ask for Newell and Levitt to both go again as they put a hell of a shift in the other night.

JammyDoidger
12-08-2023, 09:01 AM
Boruc

Megwa
Harbottle
Hanlon
Stevenson

Youan
Jdh
Jeggo
ObIta

Doidge
Vente

JimBHibees
12-08-2023, 09:08 AM
No way will that be the team - I'm all for giving a few a rest but come on - Wed get absolutely hammered with thatbteam - no gonna happen

Why would we get hammered. Pretty much our first defence fresh legs in midfield and Doidge and Youan also have played regular. Options off the bench.

BoomtownHibees
12-08-2023, 09:12 AM

Marshall

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson

Jeggo
Levitt
Newell

Boyle
Vente
Obita

I’d go something similar to this but with Youan instead of Boyle, don’t think Martin will start

Hibbyradge
12-08-2023, 09:13 AM
I think we have to rotate the squad and give players a chance to rest, recover and be ready to go again on Thursday.

I'll be surprised if we start our strongest 11.

1875Sean
12-08-2023, 09:14 AM
Love us to stay with 2 up top and attack

Vini1875
12-08-2023, 10:19 AM
Vente won't play LJ said as much in an interview after Thursday's game, Boyle also will be rested. LJ said that he had been foolish to go with the same team that played against Inter Escaldes and again against St. Mirren. Our players are not fit enough to go Thursday Sunday Thursday Sunday. I expect he will freshen up a a fair bit. I wouldn't be surprised to see Doidge and Melkerson start and Campbell and JDH come in, possibly even Rocky. He has to use the squad, we should have enough to beat Motherwell and by giving some of those guys a chance to stake a claim to start in Switzerland.

McGruber
12-08-2023, 10:42 AM
Vente won't play LJ said as much in an interview after Thursday's game, Boyle also will be rested. LJ said that he had been foolish to go with the same team that played against Inter Escaldes and again against St. Mirren. Our players are not fit enough to go Thursday Sunday Thursday Sunday. I expect he will freshen up a a fair bit. I wouldn't be surprised to see Doidge and Melkerson start and Campbell and JDH come in, possibly even Rocky. He has to use the squad, we should have enough to beat Motherwell and by giving some of those guys a chance to stake a claim to start in Switzerland.

Yeah, lessons learned from last week. Intense game Thursday with another coming next week. Interesting to hear Newell talk after game about Boyle, 3 games in a week after 9 months out, Vente blowing after the hour. They were brilliant to a man Thursday but we need to rotate, Boyle certainly needs rested.

Prob go

Marshall (not seen enough Boruc so reluctantly stick)

Megwa (depending on Miller fitness)
Hanlon
Fish
Obita

Campbell
Jeggo
Newell

Youan
Doidge
ALF

Doyle-Hayes might come into thinking - Also Rocky (if not suspended still) or Harbottle if changing to a 3.

Levitt, Boyle, Vente among the subs

Bridge hibs
12-08-2023, 10:52 AM
Vente won't play LJ said as much in an interview after Thursday's game, Boyle also will be rested. LJ said that he had been foolish to go with the same team that played against Inter Escaldes and again against St. Mirren. Our players are not fit enough to go Thursday Sunday Thursday Sunday. I expect he will freshen up a a fair bit. I wouldn't be surprised to see Doidge and Melkerson start and Campbell and JDH come in, possibly even Rocky. He has to use the squad, we should have enough to beat Motherwell and by giving some of those guys a chance to stake a claim to start in Switzerland.I thought Rocky was suspended for the first 2 league games ?

Billy Whizz
12-08-2023, 11:03 AM
I thought Rocky was suspended for the first 2 league games ?

He is and the Raith Cup game too

Bridge hibs
12-08-2023, 01:04 PM
He is and the Raith Cup game too

Thought so, cheers Billy 👍

sauzeelegod
12-08-2023, 01:28 PM
Marshall

Harbottle
Fish
Hanlon

Miller
Levitt
Jeggo
Newell
Obita

Youan
Doidge

500miles
12-08-2023, 02:42 PM
...........Boruc
..Megwa.Fish.Hanlon..Harbottle
..........Jeggo
......JDH...Henderson
...Youan...Doidge...Campbell

Allant1981
12-08-2023, 02:45 PM
Marshall
Harbottle
Fish
Hanlon
Miller
Jeggo
JDH
Campbell
Obita
Doidge
ALF

AlbertK86
12-08-2023, 02:54 PM
Given that Youan only played 45 mins on Thursday I think he has to start, chance to redeem himself. I didn’t feel he played terribly but he needs to start making better decisions with the ball, chances are when he’s surrounded by 3 defenders he’s not going to get past them all[emoji849]

Marshall

Miller (unless black and blue from Thursday)
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson

Jeggo
Newell
Levitt

Youan
Vente
Obita

Boyle/ALF/Doidge/JDH/Campbell to come on when/if required

Agree …. Boyle needs a rest before Thursday ….. him and Youan / Obita will be massively important for getting us up the pitch and snatching a goal on the counter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
12-08-2023, 02:58 PM
I'd start Youan 2moro and start Obita over him on Thurs, Youan is too lazy defensively to start an away leg in Europe. Bring him on last 20/30 to try and hit them on counter

neil7908
12-08-2023, 03:00 PM
Love us to stay with 2 up top and attack

Agree. I'm not sure 433 works that well with the players we have available.

I've always preferred to see us play 2 up top and can play to our strengths.

B.H.F.C
12-08-2023, 03:06 PM
Agree. I'm not sure 433 works that well with the players we have available.

I've always preferred to see us play 2 up top and can play to our strengths.

Any half decent team we’ve had in recent times played with two up. Scottish Cup winning team. Lennon’s team. When we finished third under Ross.

Just making it simple like the other night is the way forward for us against the majority of the league IMO.

Tambo
13-08-2023, 07:42 AM
Going to be a much different game today than Thursday, don't see us having to chase about as much.

A few changes would be handy, nothing to major.

Off to work now so this time I'm staying off my phone when I finish so I don't see the score and watch sportscence later.

J-C
13-08-2023, 07:58 AM
Marshall

Harbottle
Fish
Hanlon

Miller
Levitt
Jeggo
Newell
Obita

Youan
Doidge

Decent shout but I'd swap Youan for Vente.

andrew70
13-08-2023, 08:10 AM
Marshall

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
MacIntyre

Jeggo

Youan
JDH
Campbell
Obita

Doidge

Subs:
Boruc
Delf
Stevenson
Harbottle
Levitt
Newell
Boyle
ALF
Vente

It won’t be that team but do think we need a freshen up before Thurs.
Some bench mind you.

Edit: forgot Jeggo he’d be involved before Campbell with Campbell on bench before Delf

Nicho87
13-08-2023, 08:14 AM
I’ve came to conclusion we’re a better team without Campbell starting

Marshall
Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson

Jeggo
Levitt
Newell

Boyle
Doidge
Obita

MWHIBBIES
13-08-2023, 08:17 AM
First choice team. Next weekend is the one to rest against diddies in the cup.

13-08-2023, 09:51 AM

Need to make sure we've got our best team as fresh as possible on Thursday so need to rotate some today. If we get through we'll have to do similar again v Raith.

Scooter
13-08-2023, 11:05 AM
I'd rotate.

Doidge for ALF
Obita for Boyle
Jdh for newell
Jeggo for Levitt

Marshall

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson

Youan
Jdh
Jeggo
Obita

Vente
Doidge

Smartie
13-08-2023, 11:31 AM

I’m not sure we’re yet at the stage where we have an obvious first choice team. Some players who sat out Thursday or were substitutes or substituted will come back in without our team necessarily being weakened.

There will surely be question marks over whether we’re better having some players play their 4th game in 11 days (?) or a slightly inferior or untried but much fresher player.

13-08-2023, 11:39 AM
I reckon Doidge will start and Vente and ALF will be on the bench.

Unseen work
13-08-2023, 11:43 AM
I want him to, but I can’t see Miller starting 3 games in a row. Maybe fitness/injuries m.

…………………Marshalll…………

Miller……Fish……..Hanlon…..Stevenson…..

…………..Jeggo…….Newell….

Youan………Campbell……………….Obita……

…………………….Vente…..

Or

…………………Marshall………

……….Fish….Harbottle…..Hanlon….

Boyle/Youan….Jeggo….Newell…….Obita…..

………………..Campbell…..

…………Doidge……..Vente….

352 unlikely but just thinking formations to get players in. Actually quite like the balance of it too. Ricky still suspended iirc.

Since452
13-08-2023, 11:46 AM

I agree. We should be beating Rovers at home comfortably without our best player but we know what football is like!

I'm Spartacus
13-08-2023, 11:47 AM
3-0 today, we're off and running now. Vente to get a double.

GGTTH

Unseen work
13-08-2023, 12:46 PM
Youan not in squad.

Obita in for Youan

Doidge in for ALF

Jeggo in for Boyle

RossScott1991
13-08-2023, 12:47 PM
Youan injured surely ?

more defensive set up today. Not a lot of pace on the park

JimBHibees
13-08-2023, 12:48 PM
Youan not in squad.

Obita in for Youan

Doidge in for ALF

Jeggo in for Boyle

Hopefully not injured.

LaMotta
13-08-2023, 01:43 PM
Youan injured surely ?

more defensive set up today. Not a lot of pace on the park

Lot of folk suggested Youan was taken off for a poor 45 min performance on Thurs. Made far more sense that he was injured first half.