PDA

View Full Version : Boyle = radge

Hibbyradge
11-08-2023, 09:32 AM
I've been giggling all morning thinking about what he did last night.

There's a rammy going on with players squaring up to each other, shoving and pushing, so what does he think is the most appropriate thing to do under the circumstances?

Push folk out of the way so he can pick up the referee's dropped yellow card and issue imaginary cautions to the Luzern players.

I think he actually booked Paul Hanlon too. :faf:

What was going on in his mind when he saw the card fall? "Here's my chance"?

Absolutely hilarious.

Jim44
11-08-2023, 09:37 AM

There's a rammy going on with players squaring up to each other, shoving and pushing, so what does he think is the most appropriate thing to do under the circumstances?

Push folk out of the way so he can pick up the referee's dropped yellow card and issue imaginary cautions to the Luzern players.

Absolutely hilarious.

I remember Paul Gascogne once got a yellow for the same sort of incident. :greengrin

ToulouseHibs
11-08-2023, 09:38 AM
Pitch personality! 😀

Hibbyradge
11-08-2023, 09:41 AM
I remember Paul Gascogne once got a yellow for the same sort of incident. :greengrin

He did. Because he booked the referee.

Mick O'Rourke
11-08-2023, 09:41 AM
I can mind when Paul Gascoigne did something similar in a game against us when he was with oldco.
Paul booked the ref,then handed yellow card back !
Ref had no sense of humour and booked Paul!
Joe Tortolano and Gordon Durie pleaded with the ref to see it as a joke,but he wasnt interested
Muppet !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iYeifVvAV0

HarpOnHibee
11-08-2023, 09:47 AM
Brilliant.

https://content.invisioncic.com/g326913/monthly_2023_08/8b1f3c52-07c2-47e2-89ce-cbdcd794cf79.jpg.afccd99d92e216b8a86b03266c4b02de. jpg

Stubbsy90+2
11-08-2023, 09:49 AM
I can mind when Paul Gascoigne did something similar in a game against us when he was with oldco.
Paul booked the ref,then handed yellow card back !
Ref had no sense of humour and booked Paul!
Joe Tortolano and Gordon Durie pleaded with the ref to see it as a joke,but he wasnt interested
Muppet !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iYeifVvAV0

And people wonder why nobody has much time for referees.

Joe6-2
11-08-2023, 09:51 AM

At ER if I remember correctly

weecounty hibby
11-08-2023, 09:54 AM

Ibrox

Joe6-2
11-08-2023, 09:55 AM
Ibrox

Was it? Even more of a shock the ref booked him then!

DH1875
11-08-2023, 09:57 AM

Was it not the game at Ibrox when they humped us 7-0? I also vaguely remember doing the conga around the away end that day lol.

Blaster
11-08-2023, 09:58 AM
I’m sure the ref tried to justify it by saying it was for an incident beforehand but the ball hadn’t gone out of play.

et_hibby
11-08-2023, 10:01 AM
Was it not the game at Ibrox when they humped us 7-0? I also vaguely remember doing the conga around the away end that day lol.

Yes, was that game.

jeffers
11-08-2023, 10:24 AM
🤣 That’s brilliant. I didn’t notice him do it last night.

hibee_girl
11-08-2023, 10:25 AM
Him dancing about in the guys face when he was trying to take a throw in was also a highlight :greengrin

JimBHibees
11-08-2023, 02:24 PM

Absolutely hilarious.

Brilliant Boyler :greengrin

JimBHibees
11-08-2023, 02:25 PM
Brilliant.

https://content.invisioncic.com/g326913/monthly_2023_08/8b1f3c52-07c2-47e2-89ce-cbdcd794cf79.jpg.afccd99d92e216b8a86b03266c4b02de. jpg

:faf::faf:

HibbyAndy
11-08-2023, 02:44 PM

Beaten 7-0 at Ibrox then we beat Hearts 2-1 a few days later :cb

Hibbyradge
11-08-2023, 02:46 PM
Beaten 7-0 at Ibrox then we beat Hearts 2-1 a few days later :cb

We did.

Lavetty and Harper wasn't it?

HibbyAndy
11-08-2023, 02:48 PM
We did.

Lavetty and Harper wasn't it?

Nah that was later , It was Michael o'neil and kevin harper

tamig
11-08-2023, 03:48 PM
Him dancing about in the guys face when he was trying to take a throw in was also a highlight :greengrin

That was actually stupid. He was throwing his hands in the air in front of the boy. Could have been a really pointless booking.

JimBHibees
11-08-2023, 03:52 PM
That was actually stupid. He was throwing his hands in the air in front of the boy. Could have been a really pointless booking.

Amazed he wasn't booked

Mick O'Rourke
11-08-2023, 04:24 PM
Nah that was later , It was Michael o'neil and kevin harper

Good memory,Andy

Just watched the youtube highlights.
Jeez ,that hertz side were set oot to maim someone that day.
Bruno gadjie was a thug and a half.
Anyway ,Michael rose like a salmon.
Wee Kevin was a very good player.

Cheer up Jim Jeffries !:greengrin
Oh ,what fun it is to....... !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAomC_W1gwA

HarpOnHibee
11-08-2023, 04:27 PM
Amazed he wasn't booked

The ref didn't want to get himself booked in the process.

DaveF
11-08-2023, 04:45 PM
Good memory,Andy

Just watched the youtube highlights.
Jeez ,that hertz side were set oot to maim someone that day.
Bruno gadjie was a thug and a half.
Anyway ,Michael rose like a salmon.
Wee Kevin was a very good player.

Cheer up Jim Jeffries !:greengrin
Oh ,what fun it is to....... !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAomC_W1gwA

Football from another era. The tackle from JoeT on Robertson which didn't even get a foul would be a 5 match ban nowadays. Great to watch.

Irish_Steve
11-08-2023, 05:19 PM

There was more than one occasion for both teams that the ref probably should have booked a player but didn’t.

One from memory is that Fish should have been booked for kicking the ball away after giving away a foul and Boyler should have been booked for his antics before the throw.

I wonder what the match referee thought!

Mick O'Rourke
11-08-2023, 05:26 PM
Football from another era​. The tackle from JoeT on Robertson which didn't even get a foul would be a 5 match ban nowadays. Great to watch.

Indeed
The blood ,snot and thunder of the 60s and 70s just would not happen now,either.
Jimmy O' suffered two very serious leg breaks during his career,which was cut short due to those breaks and near crippled him in later years.
Tough eras for pro footballers.
Tough guys !! No hiding place !

I liked JT. He served the club well over many years.
He was much maligned.Jeez he had his boo boys. Scapegoat Joe.
Had social media been around as much then Joe might have went insane!.
The only Hibs player to get sent off in a Testimonial game !! :greengrin

I wonder if he and WGS share Christmas cards !!

Super Joe !!

hibee_girl
11-08-2023, 05:36 PM

100%

Was surprised he wasn’t booked tbh but that doesn’t make it any less funny :greengrin

Lancs Harp
11-08-2023, 05:38 PM
Glad he didnt get booked. Going back to the Gazza incident that was a travesty he got booked in what for me was one of the most light hearted incidents ive seen at a football match.

Mick O'Rourke
11-08-2023, 05:47 PM
Glad he didnt get booked. Going back to the Gazza incident that was a travesty he got booked in what for me was one of the most light hearted incidents ive seen at a football match.

Yes it was
I always wondered, because the publicity it got, if Dougie Smith the ref reflected on his decision and thought in hindsight
"that was a pathetic thing to do "
I doubt it !
What a treat it was watching Paul at his best ,though.
Even though we got a real hiding that day.

Joe6-2
11-08-2023, 05:57 PM
Indeed
The blood ,snot and thunder of the 60s and 70s just would not happen now,either.
Jimmy O' suffered two very serious leg breaks during his career,which was cut short due to those breaks and near crippled him in later years.
Tough eras for pro footballers.
Tough guys !! No hiding place !

I liked JT. He served the club well over many years.
He was much maligned.Jeez he had his boo boys. Scapegoat Joe.
Had social media been around as much then Joe might have went insane!.
The only Hibs player to get sent off in a Testimonial game !! :greengrin

I wonder if he and WGS share Christmas cards !!

Super Joe !!

Gordon Rae’s testimonial, wasn’t it after four minutes or something? Nearly halved wee Gordon!

HibbyAndy
11-08-2023, 06:35 PM
Football from another era. The tackle from JoeT on Robertson which didn't even get a foul would be a 5 match ban nowadays. Great to watch.

Check the clear high kick by that thug Bruno on Keith Wright and walks away with a yellow , Scandelous

Edit , That thug Bruno again with a stamp on Jackson nothing given ! How football has changed !!

Mick O'Rourke
11-08-2023, 06:46 PM
Gordon Rae’s testimonial, wasn’t it after four minutes or something? Nearly halved wee Gordon!
Just aboot!. He lasted 6 minutes :greengrin

Match report.... courtesy of Hiblog

https://thehiblog.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/031088.jpg