PDA

View Full Version : Alf

Suburban Hibby
11-08-2023, 08:18 AM
Long time since we have a Centre Forward with such a footballing brain- knows his role inside out and where his team mates will be- exceptional player

04Sauzee
11-08-2023, 08:20 AM
His timing when he jumps , and he just seems to hang in the air.

Since452
11-08-2023, 08:22 AM
That touch over his head to create space to cross for Ventes goal was absolute class. Following his goal on Sunday i'm very impressed.

Alan62
11-08-2023, 08:27 AM
Also noticed at the end he took time when the players were leaving the field to speak to Melkersen. His experience will be useful in more ways than one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
11-08-2023, 03:37 PM
His timing when he jumps , and he just seems to hang in the air.

Gave their much taller centre backs a difficult time in the air. Shrewd signing.

11-08-2023, 03:55 PM
Also noticed at the end he took time when the players were leaving the field to speak to Melkersen. His experience will be useful in more ways than one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I unfortunately think he might be wasting his time there. I have it seen anyone more like a fish out of water than Melkerson last night.

Hibernian Verse
11-08-2023, 03:57 PM
I unfortunately think he might be wasting his time there. I have it seen anyone more like a fish out of water than Melkerson last night.

You must have a short memory

Eyrie
11-08-2023, 07:07 PM
Excellent stamina as well.

I think concerns about his age may be overstated.

Ronniekirk
11-08-2023, 10:22 PM
Very impressed indeed by him in last two games

B.H.F.C
11-08-2023, 10:53 PM
I thought Le Fondre would chip in from the bench but the. Had my doubts after the first European game. But his contribution in the last two games has been excellent. Couple that with Doidge looking like an option now(which is a surprise and bonus) and the obvious quality of Vente, we’re now in a stronger position at centre forward than we were for most of last season IMO.

11-08-2023, 11:31 PM
I thought Le Fondre would chip in from the bench but the. Had my doubts after the first European game. But his contribution in the last two games has been excellent. Couple that with Doidge looking like an option now(which is a surprise and bonus) and the obvious quality of Vente, we’re now in a stronger position at centre forward than we were for most of last season IMO.

It's early days with ALF and Vente but when you include Doidge, who looks like he's getting back to his best, it's an interesting question. When did we last have 3 CFs as good?

JammyDoidger
12-08-2023, 02:52 AM
Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but it came up during the Man City game that he's 2nd in the touches to premier league goals chart,
Haaland on 22 touches per goal is 1st
Le Fondre 39 touches per goal 2nd

Shows what a robot Haaland is, also shows how effective Le Fondre was and clearly still is.

Oranje39
12-08-2023, 04:49 PM
Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but it came up during the Man City game that he's 2nd in the touches to premier league goals chart,

Shows what a robot Haaland is, also shows how effective Le Fondre was and clearly still is.

I'm glad someone mentioned that, I thought I was seeing things and couldn't rewind it when I was watching it.

Think he's going to be a great signing for us.

Speedy
13-08-2023, 12:19 PM

It's a weird stat. Does it tell you they are really effective or that they don't offer much to the team other than scoring. Not having a dig at either player, just an observation about the stat.

Hibbyradge
13-08-2023, 12:26 PM
I'm glad someone mentioned that, I thought I was seeing things and couldn't rewind it when I was watching it.

Think he's going to be a great signing for us.

But he's 36.

Since452
13-08-2023, 12:28 PM
Quality and experience on the park is obvious. Talks very well also. Think he's been a very shrewd signing.

jacomo
13-08-2023, 12:43 PM
But he's 36.

Undeniably true, unless he’s lying about his age.

McGeady is 36 as well and sadly we didn’t do great with that signing.

wookie70
13-08-2023, 12:46 PM
It's a weird stat. Does it tell you they are really effective or that they don't offer much to the team other than scoring. Not having a dig at either player, just an observation about the stat.It tells you he came on as sub most often.