PDA

View Full Version : Here's what the Villa faithful have been saying on social media.

Pages : [1] 2

hibees 7062
10-08-2023, 11:17 PM

Phil K: "Big goal for Hibs there, may well be the difference maker."

Jonathan Ridgway: "Hibs win 3-1 in the first leg. One step closer to McGinn facing his old club."

Dalian McGuffie: "Hibs it is then!"

Matt: "Commanding lead for Hibs going into the away leg. Looks like we're in store for a battle of Britain later this month."

Rustle Lee: "McGinn derby, here we go!"

Neil: "Think it would definitely be better for AVFC to play Hibs rather than Luzern. The Luzern players look like they’re intentionally trying to hurt the Hibs players. Could definitely do without that."

Adz: "Nothing against Luzern but we all want the McGinn derby don't we?"

JohnM1875
10-08-2023, 11:21 PM
All due respect, but who cares what they have to say? Deep down they all think Scottish football is **** and 'their nan' could do a job up here.

Sick of hearing it from them. Can't wait til we pap them out then win the whole thing.

BobMilne
10-08-2023, 11:29 PM
All due respect, but who cares what they have to say? Deep down they all think Scottish football is **** and 'their nan' could do a job up here.

Sick of hearing it from them. Can't wait til we pap them out then won the whole thing.

Correct 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿💪🏻

NAE NOOKIE
10-08-2023, 11:32 PM
Ach. Should we get through and play them it would be the biggest shock in British football history if we were to put them out. We rightly moan about the disparity in resources and quality of player the Uglies ( especially Celtic ) have over us. What Aston Villa have is simply another level, maybe two levels, above that. I know it was just pre season, but we barely got a kick of the ball against Bournemouth, ok admittedly with a far different team than played tonight, but even so Villa are a better team than Bournemouth by some way.

Don't get me wrong, if it happens wild horses wouldn't keep me away from that game, but the object will simply be to enjoy the night, pray we don't get embarrassed and show the Villa fans what a fantastic atmosphere the fans of this club can create.

HarpOnHibee
10-08-2023, 11:34 PM
Let's just get through to the next round and beat them. Then see if they're still nice about us after.

NAE NOOKIE
10-08-2023, 11:40 PM

Sick of hearing it from them. Can't wait til we pap them out then win the whole thing.

Actually, who cares what I said before ... THIS ..... ABSOLUTELY THIS :agree:

Hermit Crab
11-08-2023, 12:21 AM
If I were a Villa fan I wouldn't be booking anything other than hotels in both Edinburgh and Switzerland with free cancellation because we all know this tie is nowhere near over. 3-1 looks good on paper but it can all change very quickly on the night. We need to nick a goal over there and I think Vente will get us one. Still all to play for.

pollution
11-08-2023, 12:26 AM
If I were a Villa fan I wouldn't be booking anything other than hotels in both Edinburgh and Switzerland with free cancellation because we all know this tie is nowhere near over. 3-1 looks good on paper but it can all change very quickly on the night. We need to nick a goal over there and I think Vente will get us one. Still all to play for.
Spot on. We all know what we can be like.
This tie is far from over

Waxy
11-08-2023, 05:12 AM

Only tv money has stretched the English clubs so far away from us.
They’re not all the big clubs they think they are.

Since452
11-08-2023, 05:27 AM
We'll beat Villa anaw

Pagan Hibernia
11-08-2023, 06:07 AM
Only tv money has stretched the English clubs so far away from us.
They’re not all the big clubs they think they are.

they’re not. But villa certainly are a big club

judas
11-08-2023, 06:12 AM
Good chat from the Villa fans, but Lucerne are far from finished in this tie.

CraigHibee
11-08-2023, 06:17 AM
Good chat from the Villa fans, but Lucerne are far from finished in this tie.

:agree:

ErinGoBraghHFC
11-08-2023, 06:17 AM
We’ll skud them tae and I can’t ****in wait to see the Prince of Pegging’s lip tripping him when we do. Can’t be doing with their pally pally stuff either, they want us because they think it’ll be a skoosh for them. **** that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
11-08-2023, 07:24 AM
“As a massive Villa fan I am hugely excited at the prospect of a game against Hibs should they get through, and can’t wait to welcome them to the London Stadium”

David Cameron

DH1875
11-08-2023, 07:29 AM
Do we think they would sell out against us or would a lot of their fans not turn up?

Lancs Harp
11-08-2023, 07:29 AM
“As a massive Villa fan I am hugely excited at the prospect of a game against Hibs should they get through, and can’t wait to welcome them to the London Stadium”

David Cameron

Villa Park simply not big enough to house the Hibee hoardes.

Stairway 2 7
11-08-2023, 08:02 AM
Do we think they would sell out against us or would a lot of their fans not turn up?

Yep. They are very excited about the first European adventure in 13 years from what I'm seeing.

danhibees1875
11-08-2023, 08:27 AM
Yep. They are very excited about the first European adventure in 13 years from what I'm seeing.

13 years just to get launched out at the first hurdle by the Hibees. Almost feel sorry for them. :greengrin

DIXIHIBS
11-08-2023, 08:29 AM
This has probably been said many times but has the date for the away game(IF we get through) been confirmed yet?

Allant1981
11-08-2023, 08:31 AM
This has probably been said many times but has the date for the away game(IF we get through) been confirmed yet?

Was on hibs social media pages so guessing it's correct

DIXIHIBS
11-08-2023, 08:37 AM
Was on hibs social media pages so guessing it's correct

Cheers. So 31st august?

Greenbeard
11-08-2023, 08:37 AM

David Cameron
"Hibs who?"
Prince William

Northernhibee
11-08-2023, 08:42 AM

Sick of hearing it from them, even though they’ve not said it?

I like hearing other clubs excited to play Hibs.

Hibbyradge
11-08-2023, 08:45 AM

David Cameron

:hilarious

Allant1981
11-08-2023, 08:45 AM
Cheers. So 31st august?

Yeah, loads of hotels on booking.com, I've just booked one with free cancellation up to the 29th of August so if we don't get through next week then not lost money

EdinMike
11-08-2023, 08:47 AM
13 years just to get launched out at the first hurdle by the Hibees. Almost feel sorry for them. :greengrin

I almost spat out my corn flakes 😅

Pretty Boy
11-08-2023, 08:51 AM

The Villa ticket information is already up for their home game.

They state that attendance at this game may play a part in eligibility for tickets in later rounds (arrogant or good forward planning?). I think they will have a healthy crowd and we'll be given the usual away allocation of approx. 3000.

Pretty Boy
11-08-2023, 08:53 AM
Yeah, loads of hotels on booking.com, I've just booked one with free cancellation up to the 29th of August so if we don't get through next week then not lost money

I got a pretty swanky looking private apartment for £60 with free cancellation until the 30th.

I have a feeling I have been totally catfished as the pictures suggest something a bit higher end than £60 but I doubt I'll spend much time there anyway.

mcohibs
11-08-2023, 08:57 AM

Still subject to change it Hearts go through I believe?

The home and away legs are switched, is that correct?

Jim44
11-08-2023, 09:12 AM

David Cameron

Tosser. :greengrin

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2015/apr/25/brain-fade-aston-villa-fan-david-cameron-confuses-his-team-for-west-ham-video

Allant1981
11-08-2023, 09:15 AM
I got a pretty swanky looking private apartment for £60 with free cancellation until the 30th.

I have a feeling I have been totally catfished as the pictures suggest something a bit higher end than £60 but I doubt I'll spend much time there anyway.

Yeah I've got the leonardo royal hotel booked, was only £80 for a deluxe double

Hermit Crab
11-08-2023, 09:23 AM

Yes, if we both go through then one if us have to switch and I think its us that have to compromise as we finished below them in the league.

Stubbsy90+2
11-08-2023, 09:25 AM
Yeah I've got the leonardo royal hotel booked, was only £80 for a deluxe double

Same here :agree:

Stubbsy90+2
11-08-2023, 09:26 AM

So if Hearts also go through then we’ll be on the 24th?

Allant1981
11-08-2023, 09:40 AM
Same here :agree:

Safe to say I won't be paying the £18 for breakfast!

Hibernian Verse
11-08-2023, 10:16 AM
I've emailed BK asking if he can get some clarification out on the socials.

MacBean
11-08-2023, 10:22 AM
Assuming Villa will have had some sort of confirmation from UEFA if they are actively selling tickets.
Saying that, we did the same for game v Inter

hibee_girl
11-08-2023, 10:24 AM
Assuming Villa will have had some sort of confirmation from UEFA if they are actively selling tickets.
Saying that, we did the same for game v Inter

But we also stated that the game could be switched. Villa haven’t said anything like that.

Edina Street
11-08-2023, 03:19 PM
Reddit: Are Aston Villa supporters wary of a potential shock result regarding their potential Europa League qualifiers match with Hibernian FC?

Yes and we're all supporting Luzern bc we're know Hibs are gonna smash us by we're allergic to winning in knock out games
https://www.reddit.com/r/astonvilla/comments/15o947f/are_aston_villa_supporters_wary_of_a_potential/?sort=top

Possible translation: Yes, and we're all supporting Luzern because we all know Hibs are going to smash us because we are allergic to winning in knock out games.

Tambo
11-08-2023, 03:32 PM
What a tie villa will be for the fans and players, if we can hold on next Thursday.

Hope there's not an ice hockey game on the same night 😁

Would assume it will be on TNT sports.

lugz
11-08-2023, 03:59 PM
Ever since the potential draw was made I've been thinking that if we play them a massive display in FF is needed, like the idea of playing on the Scotland vs England having banners saying: "And sent them homeward,
Tae think again." :flag:

Blaster
11-08-2023, 04:03 PM
Could it be that the away leg would stay the same but home leg could be changed to the Wednesday?

JohnM1875
11-08-2023, 04:08 PM
Booked in for the Hampton by Hilton for the Thursday night. Insanely cheap and looks like direct routes the the city centre and Stadium. Over to Hibs to do the damage next Thursday!

bordergreen
11-08-2023, 04:10 PM
What a tie villa will be for the fans and players, if we can hold on next Thursday.

Hope there's not an ice hockey game on the same night 😁

Would assume it will be on TNT sports.

The Capital City Skaters will enjoy the ice hockey though...

Prof. Shaggy
11-08-2023, 04:21 PM
Ever since the potential draw was made I've been thinking that if we play them a massive display in FF is needed, like the idea of playing on the Scotland vs England having banners saying: "And sent them homeward,
Tae think again." :flag:

Maybe with a wee smiley at the end.

Just in case.

Renfrew_Hibby
11-08-2023, 04:33 PM
Maybe with a wee smiley at the end.

Just in case.

I would keep it simply 'Hibs' to be honest...
Something like 'Welcome to the capital' 😊

Hibbyradge
11-08-2023, 04:39 PM
"Give us SJM back"

Stairway 2 7
11-08-2023, 04:55 PM
What's the chances of it being swapped if hibs and Hearts go through, can't seem to see anything concrete. Know dozens that have booked hotels the 31st. Think all refundable though

Lancs Harp
11-08-2023, 04:56 PM
Stop poncing about you lot.

"Bannockburn the sequel" for the display.

Followed by the old Mary Hopkin ditty " we ****** hate England."

Hibernia&Alba
11-08-2023, 04:57 PM
We mustn't get ahead of ourselves. We are aboard the Hibs rollercoaster, remember. Anything could happen in Switzerland; prepare to have your emotions tested.

On the other hand, of course we can beat Aston Villa :greengrin

Not In The Know
11-08-2023, 05:05 PM

Also playing the card “ticket purchase for this game will count towards eligibility for future conference games”

Cheeky badgers!!!

Not In The Know
11-08-2023, 05:07 PM
What's the chances of it being swapped if hibs and Hearts go through, can't seem to see anything concrete. Know dozens that have booked hotels the 31st. Think all refundable though

Not sure how that many away fans could get accommodation in Edinburgh on the same day. Doubt it will be a massive issue.

jacomo
11-08-2023, 05:14 PM

Did you even read the quotes directly above your reply?

CentreForward
11-08-2023, 05:14 PM
The clash was discussed at length on another thread. From what I can remember those in the know were suggesting that it was the Hearts tie that would be swapped round so they would play away first and we would keep the same fixture schedule of home game first and Villa Park second.

Real Emerald
11-08-2023, 05:31 PM
"Give us SJM back"

“Sell SJM” 😂

MagicSwirlingShip
11-08-2023, 05:34 PM
The clash was discussed at length on another thread. From what I can remember those in the know were suggesting that it was the Hearts tie that would be swapped round so they would play away first and we would keep the same fixture schedule of home game first and Villa Park second.

Hertz are heading oot

Jones28
11-08-2023, 05:35 PM
Winner gets McGinn.

Stairway 2 7
11-08-2023, 06:05 PM

Consensus on hibs Facebook groups (which doesn't mean much)is we will change as we finished bellow hearts?

Gmack7
11-08-2023, 06:11 PM
Winner gets McGinn.

Probably better if the losers get McGinn but I get where your coming from

Silversand
11-08-2023, 06:24 PM
Consensus on hibs Facebook groups (which doesn't mean much)is we will change as we finished bellow hearts?Not happy [emoji19] https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230811/7ce9de329563ee5322652659b793c81d.jpg

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Mick O'Rourke
11-08-2023, 06:24 PM
Tosser. :greengrin

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2015/apr/25/brain-fade-aston-villa-fan-david-cameron-confuses-his-team-for-west-ham-video
That is an Eton and Oxford education for you.
Gets you the best jobs though

Jones28
11-08-2023, 06:31 PM
Probably better if the losers get McGinn but I get where your coming from

We’re gonna spank them, where’s your optimism?!

Rick Rude
11-08-2023, 06:35 PM
As per the uefa website:

Any changes of date and fixture reversals will be communicated in writing to the clubs and national associations by 18:00 CET on 8 August.

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaconferenceleague/draws/

So surely it should have been communicated already if it's getting switched?

HITSB6
11-08-2023, 07:18 PM
The Villa ticket information is already up for their home game.

They state that attendance at this game may play a part in eligibility for tickets in later rounds (arrogant or good forward planning?). I think they will have a healthy crowd and we'll be given the usual away allocation of approx. 3000.

Hi all friendly Villa fan here. We'll give you guys 2500 to 2800 tickets which is the normal allocation looking at the ticket map. Villa currently have 30000 Season Tickets and then 20-30000 members who have second priority. There won't be any tickets free to buy in the home end on general sale as is normal currently the team sells out pretty much every home game hence planned stadium extension to 50/55k. Hope we draw you guys and any questions regarding the game or area feel free to ask.

ErinGoBraghHFC
11-08-2023, 07:22 PM
Hi all friendly Villa fan here.

****in BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edit: probably should’ve put an emoji there to spell out to everyone that I’m only kidding on [emoji16] thanks for the advice re ticketing HITSB6, appreciated!

flash
11-08-2023, 07:31 PM
****in BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You on the wine gums?

ErinGoBraghHFC
11-08-2023, 07:32 PM
You on the wine gums?

Tonic wine gums

Hibernia&Alba
11-08-2023, 07:33 PM
Hi all friendly Villa fan here. We'll give you guys 2500 to 2800 tickets which is the normal allocation looking at the ticket map. Villa currently have 30000 Season Tickets and then 20-30000 members who have second priority. There won't be any tickets free to buy in the home end on general sale as is normal currently the team sells out pretty much every home game hence planned stadium extension to 50/55k. Hope we draw you guys and any questions regarding the game or area feel free to ask.

Hello mate, and welcome aboard. We aren't through yet, but fingers crossed we meet in the next round. Should it happen, it's unthinkable (to me at least) that we would beat Villa over two legs, but it would be a terrific occasion.

All the best for the season. A few posters on here follow Villa as their English team.

HITSB6
11-08-2023, 07:35 PM
Hello mate, and welcome aboard. We aren't through yet, but fingers crossed we meet in the next round. Should it happen, it's unthinkable (to me at least) that we would beat Villa over two legs, but it would be a terrific occasion.

All the best for the season. A few posters on here follow Villa as their English team.

We lost in 09/10 and 10/11 both times to Rapid Vienna on away goals so stranger things have happened. I would say Villa have a better manager this time though 😄

Hibbyradge
11-08-2023, 07:39 PM
We lost in 09/10 and 10/11 both times to Rapid Vienna on away goals so stranger things have happened. I would say Villa have a better manager this time though 😄

Plus... "you've got McGinn"

Stairway 2 7
11-08-2023, 07:46 PM

Think yous will only get around 1000 which is the 5%. Hotels will be a nightmare for yous as festival on. 6 hours or so by supporters bus isn't too bad in English terms I suppose though.

Think thousands more will travel down than can get tickets so boozers will be needed. It's hibs though so you might get Swiss visitors.

Many hibs fans with villa soft spot due to Super. Few others previously Des Dremner, Alex Cropley, De La Cruz, Burridge, Agatha, Holt, Willie Hamilton, Willie Groves villa made the first £100 player

cappoquinboy
11-08-2023, 07:48 PM

Super John McGinn

CentreLine
11-08-2023, 07:52 PM
Super John McGinn

I just don’t think you understand

Hermit Crab
11-08-2023, 07:55 PM
Think yous will only get around 1000 which is the 5%. Hotels will be a nightmare for yous as festival on. 6 hours or so by supporters bus isn't too bad in English terms I suppose though.

Think thousands more will travel down than can get tickets so boozers will be needed. It's hibs though so you might get Swiss visitors.

Many hibs fans with villa soft spot due to Super. Few others previously Des Dremner, Alex Cropley, De La Cruz, Burridge, Agatha, Holt, Willie Hamilton, Willie Groves villa made the first £100 player

Villa would likely get the full Dunbar end, 3800 tickets. Its a minimum of 5%, not maximum.

Lancs Harp
11-08-2023, 07:56 PM

You cant count Budgie hes played for every club in the World.😀

Mick O'Rourke
11-08-2023, 07:57 PM

And they certainly do understand !:agree:

Villa have had some Hibs heroes over the years.
Willie Hamilton, Alex Cropley, Des Bremner .
3 that would be worth a fortune now in the terms top English teams throw their TV cash around !
Now they have a hero in SJM ,who they bought for sweeties .
Makes ye mad,eh ? !!
As our song goes...
:singing:
We beat the champs of Europe ! :singing:

So get past the Swiss mob next week, and lets then boogie with the Villans :partyhibb:partyhibb

Liberton_Hibs
Took a chance and booked the train, £111 return on the direct trans pennine, free cancellation on the ibis budget hotel

Hibbyradge
Villa would likely get the full Dunbar end, 3800 tickets. Its a minimum of 5%, not maximum.

Maybe not because we'd sell out...if it happens.

Jones28
11-08-2023, 07:59 PM

They’d defo get the full end. Would be silly not to really.

Lancs Harp
11-08-2023, 08:00 PM

Hoping they only get half of it. Im sure wed sellout the rest. Very disappointing if we didnt.

ErinGoBraghHFC
11-08-2023, 08:01 PM

Why would it be silly? We’d sell that extra allocation for a game vs Villa to our own supporters no bother. I’m happy enough to lose a few rows of seating to segregation if it means more of our fans get a ticket.

Hermit Crab
Maybe not because we'd sell out...if it happens.

Once we consistently sell out home and away for a season or more (which we wont), then we will be in a position to start cutting allocations.

Renfrew_Hibby
I'd be splitting the Dunbar down the middle...
It's times like this where some seats in the corners would come in handy.

Hibbyradge

Unless we sell our stands

HITSB6
11-08-2023, 08:02 PM

Yes I assume we won't get a massive allocation but likewise several thousand fans will travel anyway. They've made it quite stringent to get tickets for this game but assume if in theory 6-8k were offered they would be sold out fairly easily.

I remember de la cruz well and Agathe only made maybe 5 appearances after MON signed him after he was released from Celtic.

In terms of pubs the city centre has the most around I'd personally recommend Jewellery Quarter if you are staying in the centre. Sutton Coldfield is a nicer area on the side of city Villa Park is located. The area around the ground is quite diverse and not many locals drink round there so they wouldn't be many pubs matchday.

SickBoy32
11-08-2023, 08:02 PM
Hoping they only get half of it. Im sure wed sellout the rest. Very disappointing if we didnt.

Totally agree, think we'd comfortably sell 18k+ at ER

If the 2.8k away tickets for villa park is correct (6% so pretty much the minimum) - then I'd be looking to come to a % arrangement with villa, ie they can get 10% at ER, we get 10% down there

Hibbyradge
11-08-2023, 08:03 PM
Once we consistently sell out home and away for a season or more (which we wont), then we will be in a position to start cutting allocations.

Probably but haven't we done that before?

Hermit Crab
I'd be splitting the Dunbar down the middle...
It's times like this where sone seats in the corners would come in handy.

Why? So one game wonders can turn up then disappear again? Then the next week we are back to 14-15k fans at home including the away support.

Lancs Harp

We're talking a one off tho. Demand for this would be massive.

Subject to getting throuh obviously.

Hibbyradge
11-08-2023, 08:05 PM
Why? So one game wonders can turn up then disappear again? Then the next week we are back to 14-15k fans at home including the away support.

Would you not rather our less frequent supporters were in the stadium than opposition fans?

Hermit Crab
11-08-2023, 08:05 PM
Probably but haven't we done that before?

Under Mowbray we split the Dunbar end for cat B games only. We then tried it with Rangers in the championship play off and failed to fill it, shat it the next time we played them and went back to giving them the whole end.

Mick O'Rourke
11-08-2023, 08:07 PM

If we can fill half the South,dont give them 3.800 .
Less of them the better,is it no ?

Lancs Harp
11-08-2023, 08:07 PM
Under Mowbray we split the Dunbar end for cat B games only. We then tried it with Rangers in the championship play off and failed to fill it, shat it the next time we played them and went back to giving them the whole end.

Filled it for the 5-5

Frazerbob
11-08-2023, 08:08 PM

I'd rather one game wonders got a ticket than Villa fans. Maybe the one game wonders will have a great time and become 2 or 3 game wonders?

ErinGoBraghHFC
11-08-2023, 08:09 PM

Yes

Hermit Crab
11-08-2023, 08:09 PM
Would you not rather our less frequent supporters were in the stadium than opposition fans?

They dinny come back though. They turn up or villa, we likely take a pounding then they scream some abuse and disappear again, I'd rather they stayed away.

Villa away (if it happens) will be absolute carnage ticket wise. Going to be a lot of arguing and bickering.

Renfrew_Hibby
11-08-2023, 08:10 PM
If the Dunbar was split down the middle surely we wouldn't need a huge no man's land as if we were playing the Huns? Just 3 or 4 rows vertically.
I'd imagine they'd be a decent jovial spirit between two sets of fans with no beef between us.
18K Hibbies and 2K Villa sounds about right.

jacomo
11-08-2023, 08:12 PM

Yes mate, exactly that. Hibs should welcome as many occasional attendees as possible, that’s how fan bases (and clubs) grow.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2023, 08:12 PM
If the Dunbar was split down the middle surely we wouldn't need a huge no man's land as if we were playing the Huns? Just 3 or 4 rows vertically.
I'd imagine they'd be a decent jovial spirit between two sets of fans with no beef between us.

UEFA rules might be different regarding segregation.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2023, 08:13 PM
Yes mate, exactly that. Hibs should welcome as many occasional attendees as possible, that’s how fan bases (and clubs) grow.

They didny other last night did they?

Hibbyradge
11-08-2023, 08:14 PM
They dinny come back though. They turn up or villa, we likely take a pounding then they scream some abuse and disappear again, I'd rather they stayed away.

Villa away (if it happens) will be absolute carnage ticket wise. Going to be a lot of arguing and bickering.

The villa fans definitely won't be back. Some of ours will.

11-08-2023, 08:14 PM
Give them half to start with and see how our sales go for a couple of days before deciding if we get the other half or give it to them.

Stairway 2 7
11-08-2023, 08:16 PM
We should only take 13k for finals against the old firm then? Hibs will definitely split the stand. Many including families would want to see SJM and hibs against good opposition.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2023, 08:19 PM
Got to remember this 5% thing works both ways. We give them 1020, roughly 5% then they are then only obliged to give us 2100 at Villa park. Be careful what you wish for.

And 500 of them are gone right away for Hibs first menders then theres the sponsors and players allocations too. At least 700-800 gone before they go on sale to ST holders.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2023, 08:21 PM
We should only take 13k for finals against the old firm then? Hibs will definitely split the stand. Many including families would want to see SJM and hibs against good opposition.

Last night was a good opposition team...

Lancs Harp
11-08-2023, 08:21 PM
We'll give them half the stand approx 1800 they will give us the usual visiting allocation of approx 3000.

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2023, 08:22 PM

What an idiotic reply.:rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
11-08-2023, 08:24 PM
What an idiotic reply.:rolleyes:

In your opinion.

Liberal Hibby
11-08-2023, 08:24 PM
Got to remember this 5% thing works both ways. We give them 1020, roughly 5% then they are then only obliged to give us 2100 at Villa park. Be careful what you wish for.

And 500 of them are gone right away for Hibs first menders then theres the sponsors and players allocations too. At least 700-800 gone before they go on sale to ST holders.

Half the Dunbar End is almost 10%.

McD
11-08-2023, 08:25 PM

can the south stand be segregated between the 2 tiers?

or would there still be mixing inside the stand?

ErinGoBraghHFC
11-08-2023, 08:26 PM
We'll give them half the stand approx 1800 they will give us the usual visiting allocation of approx 3000.

Half the Dunbar end is roughly double the usual visiting allocation at Easter road btw, not our fault only four other teams have the demand to ask for more tickets. If we’re doubling the usual visitors allocation for Villa then they’ve no reason to complain imo

Hibbyradge
11-08-2023, 08:26 PM
In your opinion.

In my opinion it's quite a spiteful and elitist position that you've taken not to mention that it's against the interests of our team.

EH54
11-08-2023, 08:27 PM
Hibs should only offer up the full away end If Villa are willing to offer hibs a larger away section to accommodate us. ( still a long way to go though )

Frazerbob
11-08-2023, 08:29 PM
In your opinion.

In my opinion too. I find it bizarre that you'd rather give tickets to more away fans than Hibs fans. As someone else asked, should we request only 14k tickets for our next cup final?

Frazerbob
11-08-2023, 08:30 PM
Hibs should only offer up the full away end If Villa are willing to offer hibs a larger away section to accommodate us. ( still a long way to go though )

Agreed. I'd happily give them the full stand if they gave us 4-5k for the return.....for selfish reasons obviously!

Hermit Crab
11-08-2023, 08:33 PM
In my opinion it's quite a spiteful and elitist position that you've taken not to mention that it's against the interests of our team.

I don't see it that way at all. If these fans who will fill the Dunbar end turned up to most home games then we would be guaranteed to split the stand. Right now I cant see the justification to do so. Last nights attendance was poor for a big European match.

Renfrew_Hibby
11-08-2023, 08:34 PM

The stand is designed to be segregated internally. Both upper and lower decks can be closed off. They were when the East was built and we split the stand for games with Hearts, Celtic and Rangers.

Since452
11-08-2023, 08:34 PM
I'd rather give Villa the bare minimum. We're going to be up it against playing them anyway without letting them have a big noisy away following. Would just be silly. In any case we need to finish the job in Switzerland.

Hibbyradge
11-08-2023, 08:35 PM
I don't see it that way at all. If these fans who will fill the Dunbar end turned up to most home games then we would be guaranteed to split the stand. Right now I cant see the justification to do so. Last nights attendance was poor for a big European match.

And you'd like to punish them for it by giving tickets they could have to Villa fans.

It's spiteful, HC.

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2023, 08:36 PM

And there's another one.:rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
11-08-2023, 08:36 PM
In my opinion too. I find it bizarre that you'd rather give tickets to more away fans than Hibs fans. As someone else asked, should we request only 14k tickets for our next cup final?

Nah, what will be worrying most people is that if we reduce the Villa allocation, they might do the same to us meaning less chance of a ticket for ST holders and zero chance for non ST holders. Thats whats really going on here.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2023, 08:37 PM
And there's another one.:rolleyes:

Block me then :rolleyes:

McD
11-08-2023, 08:37 PM
The stand is designed to be segregated internally. Both upper and lower decks can be closed off. They were when the East was built and we split the stand for games with Hearts, Celtic and Rangers.

In doing it that way it would mean we wouldn’t need to leave a number of seats empty as a segregation separator

B.H.F.C
11-08-2023, 08:38 PM

Folk want to go to the bigger games. Shock horror. The justification for splitting the stand is that we will easily sell the tickets to our OWN supporters.

McD
11-08-2023, 08:39 PM

the same principle would apply to cup finals as well using that logic mate - some people can’t make most home games but will be able to make the occasional game, of course they will try to do that for a big game over a run of the mill league match against Dundee

Hermit Crab
11-08-2023, 08:39 PM
In doing it that way it would mean we wouldn’t need to leave a number of seats empty as a segregation separator

Yeah we would, at least the central blocks both upper and lower tiers would need to remain largely empty for segregation.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2023, 08:41 PM
the same principle would apply to cup finals as well using that logic mate - some people can’t make most home games but will be able to make the occasional game, of course they will try to do that for a big game over a run of the mill league match against Dundee

And the 'occasional' game just happens to be a semi or a final. Or Villa at home...

McD
11-08-2023, 08:42 PM
Yeah we would, at least the central blocks both upper and lower tiers would need to remain largely empty for segregation.

bit of confusion here, I was meaning if we segregated by having Hibs fans on the upper tier and villa fans in the lower, we’d not need to leave seats empty up the middle of the stand

Lancs Harp
11-08-2023, 08:42 PM

Have you seen a European match at Liverpool, Arsenal, United, Spurs, City? Segregation is a line of stewards. No such European rule exists.

Smartie
11-08-2023, 08:43 PM

I’d expect that whilst there will be a majority seeking to enjoy a decent jovial spirit, you’ll get a fair bit of what you always get between English and Scottish clubs, which is relative carnage.

The police will be careful.

McD
11-08-2023, 08:44 PM
And the 'occasional' game just happens to be a semi or a final. Or Villa at home...

that’s why I said that those fans who can only make an occasional match will look to try to make a big one rather than a run of the mill match against a poorer side, that’s human nature

Mick O'Rourke
11-08-2023, 08:44 PM
I'd rather give Villa the bare minimum. We're going to be up it against playing them anyway without letting them have a big noisy away following. Would just be silly. In any case we need to finish the job in Switzerland.
:agree:
My thoughts too.
The South full as we know can have a very vocal and noisy atmosphere.
If we do meet them, the Holy Ground will be rocking.
WE dont need them rockin as well..So bare minimum ticket allocation,i say.

Hibbyradge
11-08-2023, 08:46 PM
It's mind boggling that a Hibs fan would deny other Hibs fans tickets for the benefit of opposition fans.

I genuinely can't believe that.

Stairway 2 7
11-08-2023, 08:48 PM
South stand is almost 20% of our capacity. Villa won't give us 8.5k anyway. They will be giving us about 6%, even if we give them half the stand they will be higher than that.

ErinGoBraghHFC
11-08-2023, 08:48 PM
It's mind boggling that a Hibs fan would deny other Hibs fans tickets for the benefit of opposition fans.

That’s exactly the sort of opinion I’d expect from that poster tbf, more than a wee bit bizarre from time to time

Hermit Crab
11-08-2023, 08:49 PM
bit of confusion here, I was meaning if we segregated by having Hibs fans on the upper tier and villa fans in the lower, we’d not need to leave seats empty up the middle of the stand

That can't happen.

Hibbyradge
11-08-2023, 08:49 PM
That’s exactly the sort of opinion I’d expect from that poster tbf, more than a wee bit bizarre from time to time

Straight out of the uber-fan playbook.

11-08-2023, 08:50 PM
Folk want to go to the bigger games. Shock horror. The justification for splitting the stand is that we will easily sell the tickets to our OWN supporters.

And the more folk we can get to the bigger games then the greater chance of encouraging some of them to then come to some of the less glamorous games.

Renfrew_Hibby
11-08-2023, 08:58 PM
Have you seen a European match at Liverpool, Arsenal, United, Spurs, City? Segregation is a line of stewards. No such European rule exists.

Yeah, half a dozen rows vertically at most. Not huge empty blocks as if we were playing der hun.

Billy McKirdy
11-08-2023, 09:01 PM
We couldn’t even fill our ends at Easter Road last night plus we’ve not even won through to the play off round yet anyway.
That lot from over the city has a waiting list for season tickets, on that basis we have no right to be demanding almost all of the stadium for our fans alone, I’m in the give them the whole south stand camp, not only do I think it’s the right thing to do, it will make the occasion itself much better for atmosphere.
I was at the 5-5 game in the south stand and it was a brilliant occasion but that was against the Orcs and the less of them in our stadium the better, we have a decent relationship with Villa, let’s keep it like that.

BoomtownHibees

The same Hibs fan wanted the opposition to score against us at Hampden to speed up the departure of our manager so this doesn’t come as a surprise

B.H.F.C
Nah, what will be worrying most people is that if we reduce the Villa allocation, they might do the same to us meaning less chance of a ticket for ST holders and zero chance for non ST holders. Thats whats really going on here.

If we didn’t give them the full south, is which we wouldn’t, we won’t be reducing anything. We’d also be giving them a higher percentage of tickets than we’d get down there with half the stand.

BoomtownHibees
11-08-2023, 09:02 PM
We couldn’t even fill our ends at Easter Road last night plus we’ve not even won through to the play off round yet anyway.
That lot from over the city has a waiting list for season tickets, on that basis we have no right to be demanding almost all of the stadium for our fans alone, I’m in the give them the whole south stand camp, not only do I think it’s the right thing to do, it will make the occasion itself much better for atmosphere.
I was at the 5-5 game in the south stand and it was a brilliant occasion but that was against the Orcs and the less of them in our stadium the better, we have a decent relationship with Villa, let’s keep it like that.

We have no right to sell more tickets to our own fans because Hearts have a waiting list??

McD
11-08-2023, 09:03 PM
That can't happen.

ah, my bad. I had asked if it could be done, and another poster suggested it could.

I’d asked as if it could be done, it would mean more seats could be sold as we wouldn’t need to keep any clear for segregation.

Billy McKirdy
11-08-2023, 09:05 PM
We have no right to sell more tickets to our own fans because Hearts have a waiting list??

Maybe not my best argument but my point still stands, our fans are the most fickle around, a bad result and empty seats everywhere, truth is, we should do better than that as a support.

jacomo
11-08-2023, 09:05 PM

Again, yes, that’s how it is.

Especially with the Hibs, we seem to have a more volatile support than many clubs. Attendance can drop markedly after one poor result, but we can also fill half of Hampden.

But the baseline is getting bigger. There was an opinion when the new East was built that the extra capacity wasn’t needed… no one says that anymore.

EH54
11-08-2023, 09:06 PM
Just want to remind people, that the fans massively backed this team on Sunday with a home sell out. Only for many to go away bitterly disappointed again. The club holds a massive responsibility in ensuring fans continue to come back. Our supporters and fans don’t just attend and back the team when it’s a big game or a semi/finals.

Of course fans who can attend should attend but let’s not pretend hibs didn’t shoot themselves in the foot with the **** we seen on Sunday after fans massively backed the club again.

I would rather we got as many hibs fans into the ground for what would be a special occasion in the hope you build on the regulars have fans coming back for more etc…

Edited

Hermit Crab
11-08-2023, 09:06 PM
ah, my bad. I had asked if it could be done, and another poster suggested it could.

I’d asked as if it could be done, it would mean more seats could be sold as we wouldn’t need to keep any clear for segregation.

It can be split vertically inside but seats would need to be left free in order to do this on the stand side.

McD
11-08-2023, 09:07 PM
It can be split vertically inside but seats would need to be left free in order to do this on the stand side.

thanks, I was meaning horizontally splitting it though, wasn’t sure if it could be done or not

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2023, 09:08 PM
Just want to remind people, that the fans massively backed this team on Sunday with a home sell out. Only for many walk ups to go away bitterly disappointed again. The club holds a massive responsibility in ensuring fans continue to come back. Our supporters and fans don’t just attend and back the team when it’s a big game or a semi/finals.

Of course fans who can attend should attend but let’s not pretend hibs didn’t shoot themselves in the foot with the **** we seen on Sunday after fans massively backed the club again.

I would rather we got as many hibs fans into the ground for what would be a special occasion in the hope you build on the regulars have fans coming back for more etc…

Thats just silly, dont let Hibs fans in until they regularly turn up in bigger numbers, that will teach them.:faf:

Hermit Crab
11-08-2023, 09:08 PM
Just want to remind people, that the fans massively backed this team on Sunday with a home sell out. Only for many to go away bitterly disappointed again. The club holds a massive responsibility in ensuring fans continue to come back. Our supporters and fans don’t just attend and back the team when it’s a big game or a semi/finals.

Edited

Sold out? Half the Dunbar end was empty! Nowhere near a sell out.

Hibbyradge
11-08-2023, 09:10 PM

Good to realise that fellow Hibs fans would prefer total strangers from the Midlands to get tickets for a Hibs home game rather than people like me who simply can't get to every game because of where I live.

I'll happily pop along to York station to wave at any Villa fans from London on their way up to Edinburgh after which I'll go home and watch it on Hibs TV, like the worthless so called supporter I am.

McD
11-08-2023, 09:12 PM
Sold out? Half the Dunbar end was empty! Nowhere near a sell out.

Home sell out - we weren’t selling tickets to Hibs fans for the Dunbar end.

Billy McKirdy
11-08-2023, 09:13 PM
Good to realise that fellow Hibs fans would prefer total strangers from the Midlands to get tickets for a Hibs home game rather than people like me who simply can't get to every game because of where I live.

I'll happily pop along to York station to wave at any Villa fans from London on their way up to Edinburgh after which I'll go home and watch it on Hibs TV, like the worthless so called supporter I am.

Opinions mate, opinions.. if that’s your argument, let’s not have any villa fans at the game and maybe 20654 Hibs fans will miraculously turn up on the night.

Hibbyradge
11-08-2023, 09:16 PM
Opinions mate, opinions.. if that’s your argument, let’s not have any villa fans at the game and maybe 20654 Hibs fans will miraculously turn up on the night.

What opinion?

You'd rather villa fans went to the game instead of Hibs fans. That's a fact.

We should be encouraging as many Hibs fans to go to the game as we can.

Frazerbob
11-08-2023, 09:17 PM
Deary me, this thread is turning into a shocker!

B.H.F.C
11-08-2023, 09:17 PM
Maybe not my best argument but my point still stands, our fans are the most fickle around, a bad result and empty seats everywhere, truth is, we should do better than that as a support.

It’s a terrible argument full stop. If you can sell the seats to Hibs fans, you sell them to Hibs fans. Every set of fans are fickle when they’re no very good. When Celtic weren’t very good under Delia they had whole sections closed and banners covering the empty seats. When Rangers were toiling first season in the championship we went there a couple of times and played in front of about 25,000.

Folk wanting to go to big games and big occasions is hardly a surprise.

Billy McKirdy
11-08-2023, 09:22 PM
It’s a terrible argument full stop. If you can sell the seats to Hibs fans, you sell them to Hibs fans. Every set of fans are fickle when they’re no very good. When Celtic weren’t very good under Delia they had whole sections closed and banners covering the empty seats. When Rangers were toiling first season in the championship we went there a couple of times and played in front of about 25,000.

Folk wanting to go to big games and big occasions is hardly a surprise.

Ok, we sell out our maximum allocation after villas minimum, fair enough, would love to see it happen, if that’s what happens.
Brilliant.
It’s all up in the air anyway, it’s half time in this round.

Stairway 2 7
11-08-2023, 09:22 PM
Deary me, this thread is turning into a shocker!

It's so ridiculous I think many are trolling.

Billy McKirdy
11-08-2023, 09:24 PM
What opinion?

You'd rather villa fans went to the game instead of Hibs fans. That's a fact.

We should be encouraging as many Hibs fans to go to the game as we can.

I’d rather Hibs go through regardless, anyway, it’s a moot point, we’re not there…yet!!

Stairway 2 7
11-08-2023, 09:24 PM
I'm sure villa will give us around 6% and we'll give them around 9% half the stand. Both stadiums will sell out

Let's get there first

Billy McKirdy
11-08-2023, 09:25 PM
It's so ridiculous I think many are trolling.
I’m not trolling, I’m just not very good at this forum debating, that much is obvious.
Good night!! 👋

wookie70
11-08-2023, 09:29 PM

Is there not a bit of quid pro quo too in their reasoning. If we give Villa more then they may give us more so St holders would benefit from a once in a generation trip to a European game in England.

I'm not an uber fan any more but the Hibs fans I most value as those that go every week, those that go pretty much every week and then those that are ST holders and go to a reasonable number of away games. I'm probably out those groups now after a long time of being a part of them. If losing a few tickets for once in a blue moon Hibs fans means as many as possible of the Hibs fans that really support their club by putting there bums on a seat then that is a good thing imo. The biggest issue in that is we don't have any classification for fans barring the Hibs first group which is smaller than the allocation we will get for Villa and then ST holders which is far larger. I would hope other groups like Block 7 are not given any priority.

For that reason the allocation will be a lottery anyway for those outside the first group so lots of fans will miss out that really should get a ticket if the club hadn't abandoned a perfectly decent way of allocating tickets.

Greenio
11-08-2023, 09:35 PM
So we still have no idea if we are switching home/away games if both us n them get through?

Surely someone can say for certain what happens in this scenario?

Stairway 2 7
11-08-2023, 09:41 PM
Is there not a bit of quid pro quo too in their reasoning. If we give Villa more then they may give us more so St holders would benefit from a once in a generation trip to a European game in England.

I'm not an uber fan any more but the Hibs fans I most value as those that go every week, those that go pretty much every week and then those that are ST holders and go to a reasonable number of away games. I'm probably out those groups now after a long time of being a part of them. If losing a few tickets for once in a blue moon Hibs fans means as many as possible of the Hibs fans that really support their club by putting there bums on a seat then that is a good thing imo. The biggest issue in that is we don't have any classification for fans barring the Hibs first group which is smaller than the allocation we will get for Villa and then ST holders which is far larger. I would hope other groups like Block 7 are not given any priority.

For that reason the allocation will be a lottery anyway for those outside the first group so lots of fans will miss out that really should get a ticket if the club hadn't abandoned a perfectly decent way of allocating tickets.

They will give us 6% maximum, its already online on their website section plan for the game with prices. They aren't going to cut that as we will give them at least that, probably closer to 9% half the stand

wookie70
11-08-2023, 09:42 PM
They will give us 6% maximum, its already online on their website section plan for the game with prices. They aren't going to cut that as we will give them at least that, probably closer to 9% half the stand If there is no give and take from them then I would give them the exact same percentage

Lancs Harp
11-08-2023, 09:48 PM
If there is no give and take from them then I would give them the exact same percentage

I think there's a minimum. Not sure if its the same split in Europe but for example the minimum ticket allocation for visiting teams in the EPL is 10% or 3000. The home team normally allocating which ofbthe two is lower.

Jones28
11-08-2023, 09:50 PM
Why would it be silly? We’d sell that extra allocation for a game vs Villa to our own supporters no bother. I’m happy enough to lose a few rows of seating to segregation if it means more of our fans get a ticket.

Me too, that’s what I’d want to happen anyway. I’m just not 100% certain it would.

Jones28
11-08-2023, 09:51 PM
Yikes, this thread has taken a turn..

Trinity Hibee
11-08-2023, 09:54 PM

It gets even odder it seems

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2023, 09:56 PM
It gets even odder it seems

Perhaps those season ticket holders who cant get to the game should we get through, could donate them to Villa fans.

Stairway 2 7
11-08-2023, 09:57 PM
If there is no give and take from them then I would give them the exact same percentage

We will have a maximum of about 2.8k as the section next to them are on sale already. Reasonable prices

Stairway 2 7
11-08-2023, 09:59 PM
I think there's a minimum. Not sure if its the same split in Europe but for example the minimum ticket allocation for visiting teams in the EPL is 10% or 3000. The home team normally allocating which ofbthe two is lower.

5% in Europe. Their stadium is 42k

cameronw-hfc
11-08-2023, 09:59 PM

Do Block 7 not do every home and away game as well as some girls games? Surely that sort of commitment deserves a bit of priority?

hibee-boys
11-08-2023, 10:01 PM
‘IF’ we get through that will be an almighty rush for tickets. Lucky if there is 2k left after comps/sponsorship/away season ticket holders🤔 I reckon we could have taken up double that amount of tickets.

Hibbyradge
11-08-2023, 10:02 PM
Do Block 7 not do every home and away game as well as some girls games? Surely that sort of commitment deserves a bit of priority?

Hibs fans should get priority over Villa fans as a matter of principle.

We have to give Villa 5% so if we can sell the rest to our own supporters, we should.

cameronw-hfc
11-08-2023, 10:04 PM
Hibs fans should get priority over Villa fans as a matter of principle.

We have to give Villa 5% so if we can sell the rest to our own supporters, we should.

I agree, my comment was referring to the poster that said block seven shouldn't get priority, when imo, they're the exact sort of fans that if we were giving priority, it should be to them

Trinity Hibee
11-08-2023, 10:08 PM
I agree, my comment was referring to the poster that said block seven shouldn't get priority, when imo, they're the exact sort of fans that if we were giving priority, it should be to them

With greatest of respect, I imagine many of block 7 will have been going to Hibs games for a lot less time than many ST holders so I don’t see how they should be given priority over others just because they sing/drum etc.

This has turned into probably the strangest discussion I’ve ever seen on here and that is saying something.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2023, 10:11 PM

We were told at the AST holder relaunch night that block 7 would not be given priority over Hibs first members. I refuse to believe that though as they always get the same block at Tynecastle before everyone else get a chance to buy.

ErinGoBraghHFC
11-08-2023, 10:24 PM
With greatest of respect, I imagine many of block 7 will have been going to Hibs games for a lot less time than many ST holders so I don’t see how they should be given priority over others just because they sing/drum etc.

This has turned into probably the strangest discussion I’ve ever seen on here and that is saying something.

Not even close to the strangest discussion I’ve seen on here, it does seems a bit pointless though. The strangest discussion by a fair distance is the good old Bojangs Barnet debacle. I so hope that was true.

11-08-2023, 10:33 PM
Not even close to the strangest discussion I’ve seen on here, it does seems a bit pointless though. The strangest discussion by a fair distance is the good old Bojangs Barnet debacle. I so hope that was true.

If that was the one when his agent tweeted just after he left then that was a classic. The weirdness was all the stuff he'd supposedly done. 😀

hibee1875
11-08-2023, 10:33 PM

When have we ever given a European team the full stand? We’re not cutting anything

Hibrandenburg
11-08-2023, 10:35 PM

I was thinking similar, it's just weird. HC seems not only to hate the manager and the team but now also fellow fans. Not everyone can be an Überfan.

Glory Lurker
11-08-2023, 10:42 PM
Dinnae heave awa, boys. They're no deid yet.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2023, 10:45 PM
When have we ever given a European team the full stand? We’re not cutting anything

When have we played a team in Europe capable of bringing 3800?

Frazerbob
11-08-2023, 10:49 PM

Precisely, so there’s no precedent.

tamig
11-08-2023, 10:53 PM
They didny other last night did they?

There were only 13k there last night. That game didn’t hold the same attraction as a game against an EPL side boasting a club legend. You’re no really thinking this through very well.

tamig
11-08-2023, 10:57 PM

The South Stand was split down the middle when the East was being built. Including visits from hertz and the hun.

hibee1875
11-08-2023, 10:59 PM

Why does it matter how many they could bring.

Technically st mirren could have brought 3800. Did we cut their allocation to allow home fans in the south on Sunday?

ErinGoBraghHFC
11-08-2023, 11:13 PM
If that was the one when his agent tweeted just after he left then that was a classic. The weirdness was all the stuff he'd supposedly done. [emoji3]

Oh no I’m referring to the supposed incident where the fire brigade had to attend. Also the chopper incident was a good one. I miss Bojang sometimes.

11-08-2023, 11:22 PM
Oh no I’m referring to the supposed incident where the fire brigade had to attend. Also the chopper incident was a good one. I miss Bojang sometimes.

I think I must have missed that thread but all that came up again after the agent tweet. The chopper and the flatmate's girfriend. 😮

NAE NOOKIE
12-08-2023, 12:24 AM
In your opinion.

And mine.

Hermit Crab
12-08-2023, 12:38 AM
And mine.

Happy to chat about it over a pint in Lucerne, everyones got different views on things, some more controversial than others. :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
12-08-2023, 12:41 AM

Me neither mate, seriously couldn't believe anybody would dream of suggesting such a thing.

Jeezo, I'm the first to criticise fans for not turning up, especially for big games like derbies or semi finals, or in fact the game on Thursday past. But the fact is that we have a fanbase well capable of selling out a home game with Aston Villa even without an away allocation being given to them. In the end these 'casual' fans are why we can sell 24,000 tickets for finals at Hampden and folk shouldn't forget that.

But if there is any prospect that we can have 18,000 of our own fans in the stadium for this game ( should it happen ) then that should be our first and only priority I simply can't believe any Hibs fan would seriously suggest giving Aston Villa the whole of the south at the expense of our own fans ... no matter how 'casual' they might be .. as you say, bloody mind boggling.

The way some folk are behaving you would think our average crowd was about 10,000 and not the 17,000 plus it was last season. Over 17,000 last Sunday for a league game against St Mirren FFS. Not an EPL giant with a modern day Hibs legend in it's midfield ... St Mirren.
:confused:

NAE NOOKIE
12-08-2023, 01:18 AM
Happy to chat about it over a pint in Lucerne, everyones got different views on things, some more controversial than others. :aok:

Well, I'll be in the boozer before our next home game if that helps :greengrin

Fanforlife
12-08-2023, 02:34 AM
Liverpool twice,Leeds United twice.

CentreLine
12-08-2023, 05:34 AM
Liverpool twice,Leeds United twice.

Absolutely right but both pre-segregation to be fair. Those were great days indeed

Hibernian Verse
12-08-2023, 07:45 AM

Not for us HC :cb

KeithTheHibby
12-08-2023, 07:50 AM
I'm sure villa will give us around 6% and we'll give them around 9% half the stand. Both stadiums will sell out

Let's get there first

A sensible statement amongst a lot of rubbish 👏

SickBoy32
12-08-2023, 07:50 AM
Some abysmal opinions on this thread with regards to wanting to lock out Hibs fans

Have to say, it's a real shame the club don't operate loyalty points (like pretty much all other comparable clubs)

Instead, we've got a Tory scheme for the few not the many - thanks Tory Ben

JimBHibees
12-08-2023, 07:52 AM
Me neither mate, seriously couldn't believe anybody would dream of suggesting such a thing.

Jeezo, I'm the first to criticise fans for not turning up, especially for big games like derbies or semi finals, or in fact the game on Thursday past. But the fact is that we have a fanbase well capable of selling out a home game with Aston Villa even without an away allocation being given to them. In the end these 'casual' fans are why we can sell 24,000 tickets for finals at Hampden and folk shouldn't forget that.

But if there is any prospect that we can have 18,000 of our own fans in the stadium for this game ( should it happen ) then that should be our first and only priority I simply can't believe any Hibs fan would seriously suggest giving Aston Villa the whole of the south at the expense of our own fans ... no matter how 'casual' they might be .. as you say, bloody mind boggling.

The way some folk are behaving you would think our average crowd was about 10,000 and not the 17,000 plus it was last season. Over 17,000 last Sunday for a league game against St Mirren FFS. Not an EPL giant with a modern day Hibs legend in it's midfield ... St Mirren.
:confused:

St Mirren did create that legend though :greengrin

MKHIBEE
12-08-2023, 07:59 AM
St Mirren did create that legend though :greengrin
Made at St Mirren, became a legend at Hampden 21/5/16

hibee-boys
12-08-2023, 08:01 AM
A big ‘if’ we get through, I’m more worried about the ticket allocation for the away leg. Dependant on what they do with the Dunbar end there’ll be at least circa 16,500 seats available for Hibs fans, pretty much anyone who wants a ticket will get one. Remember not every season ticket holder will take up the option, it’s midweek, schools are back and they’ll not be selling tickets for £20 for that game I can assure you of that.

If Hibs are very confident of selling more than the 3 stands then fair enough but, for the reasons noted, I’d not be so would have no issue with giving Villa the stand. I wouldn’t be surprised if Hibs will be charging them £35 a ticket so they’d have to do the same in our end i would think. I’d be giving priority to season ticket holders first then, if possible, anyone who bought tickets for the Luzern game.

the_ginger_hibee
12-08-2023, 08:27 AM
Some abysmal opinions on this thread with regards to wanting to lock out Hibs fans

Have to say, it's a real shame the club don't operate loyalty points (like pretty much all other comparable clubs)

Instead, we've got a Tory scheme for the few not the many - thanks Tory Ben

Not sure about the dig at Ben but I 100% agree. I've no problem with a 'membership' which opens up priority for tickets, but that should just get you a chance after Season Tickets. So a way for non-STs who've paid £50 to have a chance. But STs should be sorted by points & their attendance. It's the fairest way and the way just about everyone else operates.

I've never seen a club offer a paid scheme that lets you 'buy' loyalty ahead of ST holders. It just doesn't make much sense or reward the most frequent attendees. I said it elsewhere but the scheme may work with a lot less numbers & alongside a loyalty points system - as I do feel there is an absolute hardcore of 150/200 who you could say would go to absolutely every game...but a small amount of them won't have a HibsFirst membership. Few folk I know were happy to pay £50 to 'guarantee' Tynecastle tickets, but don't attend even every home game, let alone every away game.

wookie70
12-08-2023, 08:38 AM
Do Block 7 not do every home and away game as well as some girls games? Surely that sort of commitment deserves a bit of priority?They deserve the same priority as other fans who do the same. The singing groups are rarely seen at early round League Cup games from what I have seen and if we had a loyalty system then it wouldn't be an issue.

Hibernian Verse
12-08-2023, 08:39 AM
The Villa games will not be moved. I hope KP doesn't mind me passing on this email;

"Morning,

Thanks for getting in touch, great question.

We have had assurances from UEFA that should we qualify for the next round, and Hearts manage the same, there is no need to reverse our home and away fixture - they’ve provided a few options to us which we will explore and communicate next week.

Have a great weekend.

Kieran"

Hermit Crab
12-08-2023, 08:46 AM
Not sure about the dig at Ben but I 100% agree. I've no problem with a 'membership' which opens up priority for tickets, but that should just get you a chance after Season Tickets. So a way for non-STs who've paid £50 to have a chance. But STs should be sorted by points & their attendance. It's the fairest way and the way just about everyone else operates.

I've never seen a club offer a paid scheme that lets you 'buy' loyalty ahead of ST holders. It just doesn't make much sense or reward the most frequent attendees. I said it elsewhere but the scheme may work with a lot less numbers & alongside a loyalty points system - as I do feel there is an absolute hardcore of 150/200 who you could say would go to absolutely every game...but a small amount of them won't have a HibsFirst membership. Few folk I know were happy to pay £50 to 'guarantee' Tynecastle tickets, but don't attend even every home game, let alone every away game.

That won't end well for them. Hibs made it absolutely clear to those who signed up to the scheme that it would be closely monitored and if it was discovered that members who have signed up for the scheme were only buying tickets for Hearts away or the OF away then they'd be removed from the scheme altogether. Thats part of the conditions of being a Hibs First member.

Hermit Crab
12-08-2023, 08:50 AM
The Villa games will not be moved. I hope KP doesn't mind me passing on this email;

"Morning,

We have had assurances from UEFA that should we qualify for the next round, and Hearts manage the same, there is no need to reverse our home and away fixture - they’ve provided a few options to us which we will explore and communicate next week.

Have a great weekend.

Kieran"

That looks like a Wednesday night game for one of us then. Or both the Thursday but one of us kicking off at 17:00/18:00 and one at 19:45/20:00

Johnny Clash
12-08-2023, 08:50 AM
We would all love to see ER packed out for every game so I think the posts criticising the fans who could have gone but decided to miss it as they expected us to get turned over, are out of frustration. Plenty can’t afford additional games so I’m sure nobody is including them. I was 500 yards from Middletons when a lad in front me was speaking loud on his phone. He proclaimed he wasn’t actually going to the game as he didn’t feel confident and he was going to ‘get a few jars’ and watch in pub instead. Nowt wrong with that. His choice but I do get what folk are saying though… it would have been even better if the game had sold out. Hopefully we will see that if we manage to get a result on Thursday and Villa come to town.

Hibernian Verse
12-08-2023, 08:52 AM
That looks like a Wednesday night game for one of us then. Or both the Thursday but one of us kicking off at 17:00/18:00 and one at 19:45/20:00

Yep I reckon one of us will be Wednesday. No way it'll be the same night due to policing, that would be carnage.

hibee-boys
12-08-2023, 08:52 AM
That won't end well for them. Hibs made it absolutely clear to those who signed up to the scheme that it would be closely monitored and if it was discovered that members who have signed up for the scheme were only buying tickets for Hearts away or the OF away then they'd be removed from the scheme altogether. Thats part of the conditions of being a Hibs First member.

I thought you were issued with, and had to pay for, every away game ticket…..or was that the previous scheme?

JimBHibees
12-08-2023, 08:57 AM

"Morning,

Have a great weekend.

Kieran"

Wonder if that means moving one game to Wednesday.

babahibs
12-08-2023, 08:59 AM
I'd imagine we'll be in negotiations with Villa as soon as we get through re. ticket allocations, you give us 10% and we'll give you 10% sort of thing.
And there'll definitely be a sizeable segregation area, it'll be a Cat A PLUS game, huge police operation.

hibee-boys
12-08-2023, 09:00 AM
I’m assuming that’s why Villa have started selling tickets for the tie at their ground then. One of the Edinburgh clubs will shift time or day.

B.H.F.C
12-08-2023, 09:01 AM
I'd imagine we'll be in negotiations with Villa as soon as we get through re. ticket allocations, you give us 10% and we'll give you 10% sort of thing.
And there'll definitely be a sizeable segregation area, it'll be a Cat A PLUS game, huge police operation.

Given what they are already selling, we’ll be getting no more than the standard away allocation down there. If we get there.

Hermit Crab
12-08-2023, 09:03 AM
I thought you were issued with, and had to pay for, every away game ticket…..or was that the previous scheme?

The previous AST scheme you had to buy a ticket for every game as the money was automatically debited from your chosen bank account, there were a few exceptions where you could opt out like being on holiday or ill but in general you had to take a ticket for every away game if clubs were providing them regardless if you could go or not.

The new scheme is different, members have to buy the tickets themselves, usually via a link provided by Hibs. At the launch night it was mentioned that if anyone who signed up wasn't buying tickets for the run of the mill away games and only goes to hearts away or any other big games then they'd be taken off the membership scheme due to non attendance as part of the deal of signing up is that you must be buying tickets for away games. Not necessarily every away game but what Hibs determine to be a reasonable amount of fixtures. I think thats fair. Its fully subscribed this season and you've no place being on it if you're only go to Tynecastle twice a season.

PatHead
12-08-2023, 09:23 AM
I’m assuming that’s why Villa have started selling tickets for the tie at their ground then. One of the Edinburgh clubs will shift time or day.

Can't have one of the teams from one of the "big" leagues be inconvenienced.

babahibs
12-08-2023, 10:15 AM
Given what they are already selling, we’ll be getting no more than the standard away allocation down there. If we get there.

Then i'd presume we'll give them the same percentage, off the top of my head, that's approx 7% of the capacity, roughly half the dunbar end

McD
12-08-2023, 10:15 AM

do we think the police will cope with 2 matches on the same night at offset times?

potential for clashes in town as one set of fans are leaving a match and the other getting tanked up for theirs?

McD
12-08-2023, 10:18 AM
Can't have one of the teams from one of the "big" leagues be inconvenienced.

it’s the Edinburgh clubs that have the clash, not villa :confused:

Hermit Crab
12-08-2023, 10:19 AM
do we think the police will cope with 2 matches on the same night at offset times?

potential for clashes in town as one set of fans are leaving a match and the other getting tanked up for theirs?

If Hearts get through and end up playing PAOK then apparently away fans are banned from travelling to both legs. That would certainly help.

Billy Whizz
12-08-2023, 10:20 AM
If Hearts get through and end up playing PAOK then apparently away fans are banned from travelling to both legs. That would certainly help.

Why is that

NAE NOOKIE
12-08-2023, 10:23 AM
A big ‘if’ we get through, I’m more worried about the ticket allocation for the away leg. Dependant on what they do with the Dunbar end there’ll be at least circa 16,500 seats available for Hibs fans, pretty much anyone who wants a ticket will get one. Remember not every season ticket holder will take up the option, it’s midweek, schools are back and they’ll not be selling tickets for £20 for that game I can assure you of that.

If Hibs are very confident of selling more than the 3 stands then fair enough but, for the reasons noted, I’d not be so would have no issue with giving Villa the stand. I wouldn’t be surprised if Hibs will be charging them £35 a ticket so they’d have to do the same in our end i would think. I’d be giving priority to season ticket holders first then, if possible, anyone who bought tickets for the Luzern game.

If experience has told us anything it's that if the game is attractive enough all that stuff all of a sudden strangely stops being anything like the factor it usually seems to be. If Hibs go mental and start getting insane with the ticket prices then yeh, I can see that being a factor. I highly doubt they will be daft enough to go any higher than £30 for a standard adult ticket though.

PS ... What makes you think Hibs wouldn't be confident of selling out the 3 home stands, and more. I could probably give you a list of about 10 folk I know personally right now who would happily travel up from the Borders to attend a game like this who aren't anything like Easter Road regulars.

Hermit Crab
12-08-2023, 10:34 AM
Why is that

Think its to do with the trouble at the game on Tuesday in Zagreb where a AEK fan was murdered by Zagreb hooligans. 100 hooligans were taken to court for that, every one of them were charged with various crimes including murder too. The Croats are not mucking about here. They've even set up roads blocks and border checks to try and catch more suspects. Also, Marseille fans who travelled to Panathinaikos were not given tickets either, some Marseille fans were lifted outside the stadium for carrying knives and flares.

I have a mate who was in Norway on Wednesday and he was told by a Rosenberg fan that if Rosenberg got through and end up playing the Greeks then no away fans would be permitted at either leg.

PatHead
12-08-2023, 10:40 AM
it’s the Edinburgh clubs that have the clash, not villa :confused:

I know that but the early notice allows them to plan.

McD
12-08-2023, 10:52 AM
I know that but the early notice allows them to plan.

their coefficient is higher than ours or hearts (which is why we’ve had to play earlier rounds), so they get the home leg as the second part of the tie. There’s no need for that to change, so that’s already set. If the clash had been villa and Birmingham both potentially playing on the same night in Europe, then they would be the 2 clubs needing to potentially rearrange a date.

in our case, hearts finished above us in the league, so we will most likely be the ones to get moved. That’s got nothing to do with villa being in a ‘bigger’ league, it’s the rules of the competition linked into the policing and crowd realities of being a 2 team city.

RoYO!
12-08-2023, 11:02 AM
My 2p worth.. IF we get through I'm very confident that hibs will sell out the three home stands as well as half the south- if available.

Bar a cup final, this is as big as it gets for hibs fans. Add in the SJM factor and I reckon demand will be through the roof.

These are the types of games that get fans who are perhaps a bit disillusioned or on the periphery of the club to come back into the fold. Need to get as many hibs fans in the place as possible.

What a night it's going to be! (Potentially...)

.Sean.
12-08-2023, 11:28 AM
We were told at the AST holder relaunch night that block 7 would not be given priority over Hibs first members. I refuse to believe that though as they always get the same block at Tynecastle before everyone else get a chance to buy.
Will Block 7 get priority for Villa Park if we go through? Think that wood be a major disappointment for the majority of us

.Sean.
12-08-2023, 11:31 AM

Completely agree with this. A lot of us will have held season tickets continually since before half of them were born

hibee-boys
12-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Will Block 7 get priority for Villa Park if we go through? Think that wood be a major disappointment for the majority of us

If it means a ticket for the Villa game I’ll look out my ‘stoney’ gear, bang a drum for 90 mins, I’ll even consider smuggling in a flare in the most uncomfortable way🙏😳

Stairway 2 7
12-08-2023, 11:54 AM
Think its to do with the trouble at the game on Tuesday in Zagreb where a AEK fan was murdered by Zagreb hooligans. 100 hooligans were taken to court for that, every one of them were charged with various crimes including murder too. The Croats are not mucking about here. They've even set up roads blocks and border checks to try and catch more suspects. Also, Marseille fans who travelled to Panathinaikos were not given tickets either, some Marseille fans were lifted outside the stadium for carrying knives and flares.

I have a mate who was in Norway on Wednesday and he was told by a Rosenberg fan that if Rosenberg got through and end up playing the Greeks then no away fans would be permitted at either leg.

Makes it more understandable why Scotland is the best supported league in Europe, bams can't just enjoy the football without violence

Hermit Crab
12-08-2023, 11:56 AM

We were specifically told Block 7 wouldn't get priority and nor should they. They should be in the same sales window as other ST holders unless of course they are Hibs first members. You can guarantee they will be seated together at Villa park though just like at Tynecastle - tell me thats not priority, thats why the new scheme doesn't really work.

Trinity Hibee
12-08-2023, 11:57 AM
I hope not, they should be in the same sales window as other ST holders unless of course they are Hibs first members. You can guarantee they will be seated together at Villa park though just like at Tynecastle - tell me thats not priority, thats why the new scheme doesn't really work.

Is it not the case they just congregate together? I can’t see how Hibs could get them all tickets together at away games

Hermit Crab
12-08-2023, 12:02 PM
Is it not the case they just congregate together? I can’t see how Hibs could get them all tickets together at away games

Thats wrong as well. They caused hassle last season by doing that forcing fans with tickets for seats where they piled in to move with some threats of violence mentioned as well. Ross County away I think it was. Coked up, boozed up young lads who think they're invincible. (Some of them, not all of them).

Trinity Hibee
12-08-2023, 12:11 PM
Thats wrong as well. They caused hassle last season by doing that forcing fans with tickets for seats where they piled in to move with some threats of violence mentioned as well. Ross County away I think it was. Coked up, boozed up young lads who think they're invincible. (Some of them, not all of them).

Aye obviously that’s not right either

HITSB6
12-08-2023, 12:48 PM
Hate to burst the bubble of a few fans on here but we (Villa) won't give you guys more then the previously mentioned 2500 to 3000 unless required which it isn't in Non domestic cup games the demand for Villa fans is well over capacity currently.

In my opinion Hibs should limit the Villa allocation to half the stand as surely you'd want your fans instead of 2000 more away fans back to back the team.

A question is what is your ticket system like is it strict or not as I assume one way or the other lots of Villa fans will attempt to buy in the home end.

Greencore
12-08-2023, 12:53 PM
I don't care about the villa, I don't care. Good for the villa fans, I don't care

*malonga inspiration.*

DIXIHIBS
Hate to burst the bubble of a few fans on here but we (Villa) won't give you guys more then the previously mentioned 2500 to 3000 unless required which it isn't in Non domestic cup games the demand for Villa fans is well over capacity currently.

In my opinion Hibs should limit the Villa allocation to half the stand as surely you'd want your fans instead of 2000 more away fans back to back the team.

A question is what is your ticket system like is it strict or not as I assume one way or the other lots of Villa fans will attempt to buy in the home end.

Aye you're correct. Despite all the "discussions" on here thats exactly what will happen. To get tickets for hibs home end you have to be on our database. A few might slip through but i think its fairly strict.

Bridge hibs

To answer your question

Supporters need to have been registered on the clubs E-ticketing database for 12 months or more and have a previous purchase history. If you do not meet the criteria above then regrettably you would not be able to purchase match tickets for these fixtures, you can however purchase a hospitality package.

Hermit Crab
12-08-2023, 12:54 PM

No chance of that happening as you would need to be registered with an account and client reference number as well as a recent/historic purchase history.

Greencore
12-08-2023, 12:56 PM
To sum up a few celtic or rangers fans will slip through the net abd sit in the home end here. However that is down to the fact they'll have family members who are hibs fans who can't go. Or friends willing to give the log in details.

Not a chance villa fans will sit in the home end.

Since90+2
12-08-2023, 01:05 PM

That wouldn't be a good idea even if they could get tickets (which is unlikely), as they wouldn't be made terribly welcome. Hibs fans would react in a similar fashion to how Villa fans would likely react to away supporters openly sitting in the home end at Villa Park.

NAE NOOKIE
12-08-2023, 01:53 PM
That wouldn't be a good idea even if they could get tickets (which is unlikely), as they wouldn't be made terribly welcome. Hibs fans would react in a similar fashion to how Villa fans would likely react to away supporters openly sitting in the home end at Villa Park.

Yeh. Theoretically we should have a decent relationship with the Villa fans due to the SJM link, a lot of Hibs fans wish Villa well because he plays for them. But then we were supposed to have a bit of a special relationship with Groningen and from stuff posted on here after we played them a few weeks ago it seems some fans of both clubs hadn't got the message.

In truth in the unlikely event a spattering of Villa fans did find themselves in the home stands they would probably be looked at sideways but be ok apart from that. But if the game was to go as most folk would expect and Hibs find themselves getting a bit of a runaround and the ole's were to start from the away end the mood would change very quickly. I've been at away games where fights have broken out amongst our own fans when things have been going badly, Half time at Hampden Hibs v Falkirk for example ... need I say more :greengrin

hibee-boys
12-08-2023, 02:16 PM
If experience has told us anything it's that if the game is attractive enough all that stuff all of a sudden strangely stops being anything like the factor it usually seems to be. If Hibs go mental and start getting insane with the ticket prices then yeh, I can see that being a factor. I highly doubt they will be daft enough to go any higher than £30 for a standard adult ticket though.

PS ... What makes you think Hibs wouldn't be confident of selling out the 3 home stands, and more. I could probably give you a list of about 10 folk I know personally right now who would happily travel up from the Borders to attend a game like this who aren't anything like Easter Road regulars.

For the reasons noted, plus on TV, scared of a doing!🙈 I’d imagine they’d align the price to Category A league games, £35 for an adult. Far too many ‘part time’ fans in the Borders then, they need to be getting up to Easter Road for the bread and butter games not just the rare glamour tie😉

Billy Whizz
12-08-2023, 02:50 PM

That’s fair enough, as you have to look after your season ticket customers. 2,500 for Hibs is around 6% of your capacity
ER holds around 20,000 to Villa fans will get around 1,200 for ER at most, so probably 2 on bottom and 2 at the top of the South stand nearest the west

NAE NOOKIE
12-08-2023, 03:06 PM
For the reasons noted, plus on TV, scared of a doing!🙈 I’d imagine they’d align the price to Category A league games, £35 for an adult. Far too many ‘part time’ fans in the Borders then, they need to be getting up to Easter Road for the bread and butter games not just the rare glamour tie😉

I'm talking about WAGS and other assorted relatives of folk I know who are ER regulars who are defacto Hibs fans by association mate. The sort of folk who will go along to Hampden or a game like this even though they don't have a particular interest in being regular football goers as such, or simply can't afford to be regular fans even if they wanted to ... we all know folk like that, it's what makes up about half of our support at cup finals and the sort of folk who attend 'glamour' games like this one would be. Which is exactly why I think we can sell it out nae bother.

As for Hibs regular supporters from the Borders. If half the folk actually living in Edinburgh who claim to be Hibs fans, including some of the folk who post on here, showed the same commitment they do to getting to Easter Road when the team is at home, no matter how badly it happens to be doing, we would be getting an average of 19,000 at every game, not 17,400.

Oh .... and if 'scared Hibs will get a doing' is a reason not to go along and support them in the biggest European tie they will have had in about 30 years, or to desert them for a derby semi final at Hampden for that matter .... then you have absolutely picked the wrong club to support, may I suggest a trip along the M8 every other weekend.

Hibernia&Alba
12-08-2023, 03:47 PM
Well, this thread turned into a train wreck. I hope the Villa fans don't read it.

JohnM1875
12-08-2023, 03:54 PM
Sorry if it's been mentioned, but what we thinking the prices will be? Probably £30 for each game? Anyone know what Villa usually charge?

Hibernia&Alba
12-08-2023, 03:57 PM
Sorry if it's been mentioned, but what we thinking the prices will be? Probably £30 for each game? Anyone know what Villa usually charge?

Complete guess, but I was thinking the same.