PDA

View Full Version : Error Code 520

Alfiembra
07-08-2023, 11:45 AM
Been getting this for the past couple of days and can't login on my iPad.

Web server is returning an unknown error.

Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?

HoboHarry
07-08-2023, 11:53 AM
I haven't been able to access .net on my computer for weeks. Shows a cloudflare error, driving me mad, it's the third or fourth time this has happened though this is the longest spell.

richard_pitts
07-08-2023, 11:55 AM
can't access from my mobile for same reason

lyonhibs
07-08-2023, 11:56 AM
I'm only just back on after being locked out. I had to change browser and clear all hibs.net cookies on that browser and then I think even select "reject all" when I was subsequently asked in a pop-up window on .net.

A royal ballache - if one believes the cloudflare error page, the issue lies somewhere within the .net servers

Alfiembra
07-08-2023, 11:56 AM
I haven't been able to access .net on my computer for weeks. Shows a cloudflare error, driving me mad, it's the third or fourth time this has happened though this is the longest spell.

Just started with me the last couple of days, although I’ve just managed to login by using Chrome on my iPad, I normally use Safari.

Keith_M
07-08-2023, 11:58 AM
There's been similar issues reported before and (I think) the solution was to clear Cache and Cookies in your browser.

Here's the instructions for Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Safari

https://www.contentstack.com/docs/developers/how-to-guides/clear-caches-and-cookies-in-different-browsers/

7Hero
07-08-2023, 12:40 PM
a consistent issue, resolved for short term with the cookies and cache solution but always comes back, i no longer use .net on my phone because of this.

shame that the site can't be as stable as it used to be.

Cheshire Hibby
11-08-2023, 07:47 PM
FAO Admins
Can you investigate this please. I have been unable to access the forum using an iPad for 24 hours. The issue is as described on this thread. All recommended actions to rectify have been tried with no improvement. Would appreciate your assistance. CH

Tambo
11-08-2023, 07:50 PM
Try and use Microsoft edge if possible, have not been able to get on using chrome for months.

No issues with edge.

Cheshire Hibby
11-08-2023, 07:55 PM
Try and use Microsoft edge if possible, have not been able to get on using chrome for months.

No issues with edge.

Many thanks - will try on PC although it’s a pain not to access via IPad. Currently using IPhone.

Dalkeith Boy
12-08-2023, 02:27 PM
Hi I'm in Canada and am having the same cloudflare error 520 on my new ipad (9th generation)...I have no problem accessing hibs.net on my desktop via Microsoft Edge ...hence able to send this message.....If anyone manages to solve the issue with accessing hibs.net on the i-pad please advise....thanks in advance

Ronniekirk
12-08-2023, 04:47 PM
I am still having problems once in a blue moon I get on after about 15 attempts but not sure how I am doing it You would think if it works once it should be working all the time I can only use I phone don’t have an I pad or computer
Sometimes I can read posts but not comment Other times it takes me to threads press on one and thst bloody cloudfare error code comes up Been like this fir three days in a row now
Tempted to put my pre too. Score for tomorrow here now as when I try tomorrow fair chance I won’t get on
A soon as I post this and try and go onto other thread I won’t be able to

Kentao1985
12-08-2023, 10:00 PM
Can't get on with PC, laptop or phone using google chrome or edge. I am able to get on using the Tapatalk application on my phone though.

I have tried clearing cache and cookies which fixes it for a couple of days then reverts back to error 520.

Really annoying and I hope it can be fixed soon.

Sent from my moto g22 using Tapatalk

Brightside
12-08-2023, 10:35 PM
It’s a website issue. I’m sure admin are working on it.

badabing67
12-08-2023, 10:40 PM
It’s a website issue. I’m sure admin are working on it.

The issue is on you the users device not the host device. All you need to do is clear cookies and cache on your browser. I had this again the other week that's the 2nd time i have had an issue..... clear cookies and cache on the browser and your good to go

Dalkeith Boy
13-08-2023, 01:30 AM
The issue is on you the users device not the host device. All you need to do is clear cookies and cache on your browser. I had this again the other week that's the 2nd time i have had an issue..... clear cookies and cache on the browser and your good to go

Not when it's an ipad...if that was the issue all us ipad users would have fixed that long ago

Fuzzywuzzy
13-08-2023, 08:35 AM
Get the problem on chrome. Hasnt occurred on duck duck go and gas the added bonus of no add pop ups

Brightside
13-08-2023, 08:43 AM

That’s not an end user issue. No one should have to do that. It’s a website site issue and should be easy to fix. How often are you doing that for other sites?

Walter
13-08-2023, 08:54 AM
I am having this same cloudflare issue, I thought it was just me as I couldn't get on to ask until I got this tapatalk which I don't like.

Any suggestions to resolve greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

wallpaperman
13-08-2023, 09:26 AM
I have had the error on my IPad for the last week, can’t access the site, but on my IPhone it’s fine, very strange.

Hibees1973
13-08-2023, 09:31 AM
Admin did say on another Error Code thread that someone was 'working on it'.

Been an issue for a good month now, but no update on a solution.

Devonhibs
15-08-2023, 04:28 PM
I have given up trying on my mobile, haven't been able to get on for the last 10 days, tried all the suggestions to no avail. Means I skive less whilst 'working'

Tambo
15-08-2023, 04:57 PM
Anyone else get error 526 at any point today?

15-08-2023, 05:01 PM

Got it early in the AM.

lyonhibs
15-08-2023, 05:04 PM

Yeah, this morning

cabbageandribs1875
15-08-2023, 05:32 PM
since events from this morning when typing a post there's no option to make some type Bold, it just looks weird on the PC anyway, and now can't have a space if editing

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2023, 05:44 PM
Using imac on chrome, cant post smillies, look?

Hiber-nation
15-08-2023, 05:48 PM
Got the error message this morning on Chrome, Firefox and Android. Googled a thread name and managed to log in through that link. Been fine since.

Bridge hibs
15-08-2023, 05:59 PM
Got error message late last night and was offline until earlier this morning, that was same for phone and lap top, also for a period yesterday my smilies disappeared

All fine now, apart from no smilies again

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2023, 06:21 PM
Got error message late last night and was offline until earlier this morning, that was same for phone and lap top, also for a period yesterday my smilies disappeared All fine now, apart from no smilies againI've no smillies either, using chrome or safari?

Bridge hibs
15-08-2023, 06:26 PM
I've no smillies either, using chrome or safari?Using Safari on my phone mate

SChibs
15-08-2023, 06:31 PM
I'm just back, been having this issue since January

Onion
15-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Been getting it for 4 or 5 days via MacBook (Safari).

Ronniekirk
15-08-2023, 07:03 PM
I now have to go in on I phone 14 using yahoo Need to log in every time and although it’s still inconsistent and can’t only let me view threads at times or only see one thread before needing to log in agsin Much better than getting cloudfare thing constantly

surreyhibbie
15-08-2023, 07:08 PM
Been getting it on and off for days now. Clear cache and cookies etc and it works for a while. Using Edge on a desktop.

The fact that we are all getting it on various platforms means it is definitely an issue at the server end.

I am sure the guys are working on it !

Cheshire Hibby
15-08-2023, 08:34 PM
Site seems to be back to normal - hopefully will stay so. Many thanks to admins for resolving.

McD
15-08-2023, 09:30 PM
I've no smillies either, using chrome or safari?I’m getting this, and any spacing between paragraphs is removed when the post is submitted

Onion
16-08-2023, 07:43 AM
Problematic, unpredictable and needs fixed.

We now have a fans forum that lives up to the Hibs first team (smilie would go here if they worked).

SJNB Hibby
16-08-2023, 09:39 AM
Been able to access on one laptop for about a month now, and just gained access on my phone this morning. Will have to check on my backup computer later....but somethings happened for sure

Stanton Spence
16-08-2023, 09:51 AM
I was wondering what this thread was actually about until this happened to me yesterday and this morning but it fixed itself
After reading more of this thread I learned how to clear my cache on an iPhone so thanks for the heads up

ekhibee
16-08-2023, 10:49 AM
Took me over a week to get back in, it used to be only on my laptop for some reason so I thought it was a Firefox thing, but then it started on my phone too. This is my first day back from it.

hibs4life
16-08-2023, 11:04 AM
Had this issue with Chrome on my phone and Chromebook and have had to revert to the native Samsung browser on my phone. It's been an issue for ages and I'm surprised it's not been resolved yet.

ErinGoBraghHFC
16-08-2023, 11:51 AM
I had this the other night on Tapatalk on my phone and my browser on my phone too. Was sorted when I woke up yesterday morning though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk