PDA

View Full Version : Defence and Goalkeeper

Lee Marvin
06-08-2023, 05:33 PM
Scariest thing I learned today which I hadn't really considered; we maybe only have one player in defence and goalkeeper who could potentially be considered to be the requisite standard (out of 11 players).

That is quite frightening and an absolute insult to us supporters.

AL-Qaholik
06-08-2023, 05:34 PM
Add midfield to that as well.

Mikey_1875
06-08-2023, 05:38 PM
Wollacott is still a relative unknown but going by previous team selections it looks 50/50 between him and Marshall and we know Marshall isn’t good enough so that is concerning.

Our wing backs are also a massive problem. I gave Cadden a hard time last season but I would be desperate to see him come back asap. I can see us playing 3-5-2 a lot more often this season. Not sure how that will add up for Youan, Boyle, Vente etc.

lyonhibs
07-08-2023, 05:07 PM
.....are a worry indeed, but not quite as grim as that starting midfield from Sunday

sauzeelegod
07-08-2023, 05:24 PM
Wollacott is still a relative unknown but going by previous team selections it looks 50/50 between him and Marshall and we know Marshall isn’t good enough so that is concerning.

Our wing backs are also a massive problem. I gave Cadden a hard time last season but I would be desperate to see him come back asap. I can see us playing 3-5-2 a lot more often this season. Not sure how that will add up for Youan, Boyle, Vente etc.

I’ve got good memories of 352.
Big Eck’s team, Stubbs and Lennon all liked the 352.
Hibs are always better with 2 strikers I feel.
Agree though, it would mean 1 of Boyle, Youan, Vente being on the bench.