PDA

View Full Version : First game of the season epitomises life as a Hibs fan

Hibernia&Alba
06-08-2023, 04:50 PM
0-2 Versus St Mirren. Raging, disgusted; sack everybody.

2-2 Brilliant, strong mentality; only one team can win this now.

2-3 Booted in the baws in the 89th minute. FFS.

Only nine more months of this rollercoaster, laddies and lassies. Jesus, this club makes it hard for us. I wish I didn't care so much.

Having a Guinness.

NC1875
06-08-2023, 04:54 PM
True.

We just never seem to be organised and fight for every ball. That’s the bare minimum we should be seeing but we just don’t.

Losses happen, but we always seem to gift teams wins rather than making them work for it.

Half the team aren’t good enough, we’ve spent 1-2 million pound and start that defence and midfield. Piss poor.

weecounty hibby
06-08-2023, 04:55 PM
What a way to start my 50th season watching Hibs. I am a masochist

Hibernia&Alba
06-08-2023, 05:02 PM
What a way to start my 50th season watching Hibs. I am a masochist

A pre-requisite to being a Hibs fan. Anyone who wants an easy life, turn back now :greengrin

Pagan Hibernia
06-08-2023, 05:06 PM
It’s a hard shift but there’s no other team for me

Hibernia&Alba
06-08-2023, 05:12 PM
It’s a hard shift but there’s no other team for me

Aye, there's no getting off the rollercoaster once the ride starts.

lugz
06-08-2023, 06:15 PM
I did hear an announcement at HT about it being a bairns 1st game and thinking how the poor thing had no idea what he/she is letting themselves in for.

Bristolhibby
06-08-2023, 06:25 PM
A pre-requisite to being a Hibs fan. Anyone who wants an easy life, turn back now :greengrin

I always joke that it’s the cross I bear.

It’s funny because it’s true.

J

JohnM1875
06-08-2023, 06:26 PM
Have to say though, I previously gave ALF no chance, I liked what I saw from him when he came on today. Was never going to be our new main man. But thought he played well.

Alfred E Newman
06-08-2023, 06:28 PM
It’s Hibs or nothing for me but after almost 70 years of mostly frustration and disappointment the nothing is looming on the horizon. I’ve no regrets spending my life following the Hibs but there is little in this team that gives me much hope for the future.

He's here!
06-08-2023, 08:18 PM
Aye, there's no getting off the rollercoaster once the ride starts.

I think you'd be entitled to feel short-changed if you paid for a rollercoaster ride that chugged sluggishly along at ground level for the most part, very occasionally hauling itself up a minor incline before resuming its maddeningly mediocre journey.

Leith Green
06-08-2023, 08:40 PM
Have to say though, I previously gave ALF no chance, I liked what I saw from him when he came on today. Was never going to be our new main man. But thought he played well.

He played with more intelligence and intent in half an hour than boyle and youan combined as long as they were on the pitch. His link up play with Doidge was excellent and you can see he has a good football head. Its just unfortunate we seem to have decided to play hoofball this season. The amount of headers doidge won and the shift he put in was excellent, its just not the way I want to see us settling up to play. We are probably playing this style due to how rubbish a midfield we currently have , you would have thought Johnson would have prioritised this area for a complete reshaping this summer but hasn’t bothered his arse

Spike Mandela
06-08-2023, 08:45 PM
3 competitive matches so far. 2 atrocious performances and one decent.

Jusy don't know what to make of this Hibs team and the managwr.

Onceinawhile
06-08-2023, 08:47 PM
3 competitive matches so far. 2 atrocious performances and one decent.

Jusy don't know what to make of this Hibs team and the managwr.

Om the bright side, should mean we're due a decent showing g on Thursday!!!

NAE NOOKIE
06-08-2023, 08:55 PM
Yer no kiddin' OP ..... This club all over for as long as I've been supporting them.

A first half that was so bereft of any quality, guile or fight it was frightening .... the penalty was soft as ***** but that aside we got what we deserved. 2nd half was far far better, but after a stirring fightback we lose an absolutely classic breakaway goal. Jeezo supporting this club is hard work at times.

jakedance
06-08-2023, 09:17 PM
My daughter’s first game today. Poor kid.

For all but the odd year that I’ve been alive we’ve punched below our weight. I don’t have high expectations but we should be a bit better than we are, consistently. We seem to be a bit better at throw ins, so there’s that.

Percy Vere
07-08-2023, 05:27 AM
You summed it up exactly right.
I think what’s stuck with me about yesterday was that we were soooo bad in the first half. First game of the season surely the minimum you’d expect is for the players to be pumped up and ready to go.
They were abject and I’m concerned about that the most.
Second half they showed up and then sucker punched.
Is the poor start a manager thing?
Hangover from Thursday?
And the right back situation, very unfair on Delferierre.
Get it sorted.

Since452
07-08-2023, 05:43 AM
Giving them a two goal lead in the blink of an eye shows what we're capable of.

The impressive comeback shows what we're capable of.

Could and should have taken the lead and hit by a sucker punch shows what we're capable of.

I really don't know what to make of this Hibs team. Looks like we're going to be pretty inconsistent.

Nicho87
07-08-2023, 05:47 AM
The scary thing is our defence is vastly under experienced.

There is no centre half with a steady head waiting to come in. It’s a young Harbottle and erratic Rocky.

Goalie is done as well.

LJ gone by the derby imo mind made up after the last 2 weeks.

Since452
07-08-2023, 05:57 AM
The scary thing is our defence is vastly under experienced.

There is no centre half with a steady head waiting to come in. It’s a young Harbottle and erratic Rocky.

Goalie is done as well.

LJ gone by the derby imo mind made up after the last 2 weeks.

How many appearances do Hanlon and Stevenson have between them? We probably have the most experienced defence in the league. Add in Marshall and we should really be be able to accommodate Fish etc.

Nicho87
07-08-2023, 06:07 AM
How many appearances do Hanlon and Stevenson have between them? We probably have the most experienced defence in the league. Add in Marshall and we should really be be able to accommodate Fish etc.

Sorry meant to put in if you drop those two

lyonhibs
07-08-2023, 11:01 AM
0-2 Versus St Mirren. Raging, disgusted; sack everybody.

2-2 Brilliant, strong mentality; only one team can win this now.

2-3 Booted in the baws in the 89th minute. FFS.

Only nine more months of this rollercoaster, laddies and lassies. Jesus, this club makes it hard for us. I wish I didn't care so much.

Having a Guinness.

Absolutely quintessential Hibs. It's the hope that kills you etc etc

He's here!
07-08-2023, 11:28 AM

Had the misfortune to see the second St Mirren goal again this morning. Defensively it was mind-bogglingly inept.

Smartie
07-08-2023, 12:08 PM
Had the misfortune to see the second St Mirren goal again this morning. Defensively it was mind-bogglingly inept.

The events leading up to the first were pitiful. For the second to happen so soon off the back of that was unforgivable.

The defence will take their proportion of the blame but I thought all 3 goals were absolutely ghastly from the defensive midfield point of view.

Coupled with how little our midfield were helping our forwards for the first hour there is simply no doubt where I’d be focussing 100% of my efforts if I were appointed Hibs manager tomorrow. That’s before you get onto the RB situation and long before you get onto the oft-criticised Hanlon and Stevenson.

Keith_M
07-08-2023, 12:28 PM
Apart from the last 3-4 years, my Dad's been attending Hibs games since 1950 and he described our current team as 'the worst Hibs team I've ever seen'.

TBF, he's been saying that off and on for about 40+ years... :greengrin

Smartie
07-08-2023, 12:33 PM
Apart from the last 3-4 years, my Dad's been attending Hibs games since 1950 and he described our current team as 'the worst Hibs team I've ever seen'.

TBF, he's been saying that off and on for about 40+ years... :greengrin

There’s no doubt that Johnson’s team at their worst are up there with the worst we’ve seen.

They’re a Jekyll and Hyde bunch though and there’s always the possibility that they’ll be at their very watchable best again the following week.

We even managed to drop an excellent 20 odd minutes into an otherwise lamentable performance yesterday.

Pagan Hibernia
10-08-2023, 10:18 PM
Last two weeks epitomises life as a Hibs fan.

disgrace in Andorra, then redeemed handsomely in the second leg, then the rollercoaster against st mirren, full-on depression, and now euphoria tonight. I love this club 💚

California-Hibs
10-08-2023, 10:22 PM

disgrace in Andorra, then redeemed handsomely in the second leg, then the rollercoaster against st mirren, full-on depression, and now euphoria tonight. I love this club 💚

This 😂 A love that will never die. All aboard!

Hibernia&Alba
10-08-2023, 10:26 PM

:agree:

All aboard :greengrin